What motivates someone to work in a degrading and soul destroying job such as fast food?

What motivates someone to work in a degrading and soul destroying job such as fast food?

Thoughts Veeky Forums?

No choice. When push comes to shove, you'd suck nigger dick before starving.

But starving isn't so bad.

>t. a fatass who never starved before

To not be fucking homeless.

it spares me the insanity of talking to my folks.

Its called being humbled.

Too many of you feel that you belong on the throne.

>starving
41mil muricans on food stamp, become on our them

One of

Maybe if you had any motivation in that fast food job you could move up really quick to management, supervision, or consulting. That's too much to ask though, apparently. You all would rather be trying to triple your tendie money with penny stock, crypto pump and dumps, or forex "trading".

I did it in high school. It was a lot better than my first job doing agricultural work.

I worked 20-30 hours a week after school. It paid for my gas, beer and weed money so I didn't have to ask my parents for any of that.

Plus it gave me an excuse to go out and party with friends late at night. I'd tell my parents I was closing and wouldn't be home until 2 or 3, even though I got out at like 10.

As for why a grown adult would work there, well because they have no skills, no motivation and can't find anything else. Same thing goes for people who are cashiers at dollar stores or gas stations.

>What motivates someone to work in a degrading and soul destroying job such as fast food?

I'm a microbiologist and I work part time at McDs during summer because it provides easy access to highschool/college girls, single moms, bonus money to chase moon missions and exotic vacations.
I've worked with the franchiser since I was 14 and the manager use to be my assistant manager so I really don't have to deal with the regular fast food bullshit.

I tried. FullTime students arent allowed food stamps unless they're working 20+hours a week.
I would qualify for the max monthly amount plus emergency fast tracked assistance if i wasnt a student and was not working... sense i am a student though I get nothing

Makes a lot of sense huh anons?

Seems to me it would make a lot more sense to make food stamps available to full time students so as to encourage them to get a post secondary education as that education usually results in more skilled workers for the economy. Instead it basically incentivises people to not go to school or work.

Worked at McD when I was in HS with a bunch of friends. One of the best jobs I ever had, so much fun.

>No choice

That must be it

>triple your tendie money

kek

>access to highschool/college girls

wow you sound like a real winner

As someone who worked in a restaurant during college, the answer is a mixture of "survival" and "lack of better options."

The people that I worked with were all there because they made poor decisions with their lives. Every single one. Alcoholics, drug addicts, single/young mothers, and felons constituted the entire staff.

They weren't bad people, but they were just stupid. Not a single contaminating atom of financial literacy between them. Shitty as it sounds, they made me feel a lot less bad for poor people. I don't have much sympathy for people who bitch about their pay but smoke a pack a day, drink all their money away at the bar after their shift ends, finance cars and other normal items at 20%, and never save a dime.

"Degrading and soul destroying" is an excellent descriptor. I spent one summer at this place before quitting to return to school. Their #1 problem was themselves and their insistence that "they would never get out of poverty." People have an amazing ability to meet their own expectations, high or low. In the 2 years since working there, I have never returned. I'm willing to bet my eternal soul that everyone I worked with is still there and in the exact same financial condition that they were in when I left.

My gf

>bet my eternal soul they are still there

Kek

I did it as a teenager and would go back if I was ever that desperate. Starting on the shitheap and moving up to greatness is part of the journey of life.

A man that gets what he wants is a winner, good luck getting there with your prejudices

Oh fuck, this hits me hard. I'm still one of those people.

How much is the wage in a fast food diner? I can make 100 $ in 10 minutes with stock trading.

I knew it wasnt forever and just did it to convert something I had to spare (time) for something I did not (money). I was exchanging my time for money. I quit once the arrangement no longer suited me and got a better job. All in all I have no regrets.

Money

No. I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine

>Work on a farm
>Real mans work
>No time to spend money on trivial things
>Dump savings into ETFs

Profit m8

Not being a literal waste of space but also being circumstancially unable or unwilling to get another job.

Most people at these places are teenagers or college students wanting spending cash. They are still taken care of by their parents. The old people "making a living" at these places generally has a lifelong battle with alcoholism or drug abuse and pretty much believe life won't ever get better.

The truth has been spoken. There are some people whom never escape themselves.

Makes sense to you, but economy and politics don't work that way.

not fast food but definitely degrading and soul destroying job at the moment

applying to grad schemes so doing that in the meanwhile. if i don't get the grad schemes i'm literally going to fuck it all off and go travelling, and have zero idea about future prospects but i don't really care

I've worked as a waiter, in a warehouse and in a supermarket whilst being in college. Were those jobs shit? Yes. Have I learned from them? Absolutely.

This all the way.

I would highly recommend all young people take a job like this and go through the process of outgrowing it. It's basically getting paid to learn from the failure of others.

Right. It should also teach them not to be shitty to service workers. They already have it bad enough.

All these. Shift are fun cause they go by so fast (when you're busy), you get learning experience, and you can move up because everyone else work ethic is shit.
T. In n out worker

Well you've never starved so you wouldnt know
Neither would I but I assume it feels pretty bad

this and also the moneys as good as it gets for a shitter teenager job

I am in uni and working there. It does suck. Every time I work I motivated to apply for new jobs. I keep applying for other jobs but no one is hiring.

Correction, I dont get any replies back.

Doesn't matter if you're doing a PhD in Quantum Computation or an MBA from Wharton, having Mcdonalds in your CV is basically an instant rejection outside the food service industry. I wish I could help more but its one of those jobs that is so stigmatized that people affiliate with low class jobs only failures do, even if you are not one.

not buying monero

People are poor because they are dumb, but also many are dumb because they're poor.

>live with parents
>save everything you can
>like 50k in 5 years
>at the same time read and learn everything you can about trading and stocks
>now that you have some money, quit job and start trading or just invest in your own job/company

Wagecuck here, can I really do this?. Just keep plucking along and save my money and if I quit my job I can make $100 a day trading stocks?

Because I'm making less than $100/day working right now.

only monkeys and messicans and rapefugees are eligible for those in USA

work and save money for conversative investments and education senpai don't fall for memes unless you have large amounts of starting capital or magical amazing insights that somehow no professionals have

It's weird but it Australia McDonald's is actually something good to have on a CV for a lot of middle-level jobs. They heavily invest in training and it's a respectable entry level job here

Yes goyim, be a dilligent little fry cook and some day you can be a 32 year old regional manager for Arby's and make a whole 35k a year!!

I'm going to do this, got joblet recently

Well said user, each one have their own path and struggles.

Knowledge is everywhere is you really want to take the lesson user, good for you, acquiring knowledge and experience everywhere you go.

That is too much to ask user, most people hide behind the excuse of "getting good service" while in reality they have a lack of emphaty on people they perceived as inferiors.

This right here, the first investment you need to make is in your education, in yourself, increase your financial knowledge so you become more sofisticated.

worked at starcucks first two years of college. coworkers and customers were mostly cool. wages were shit, but they did offer to put me in manager training. i turned it down though since i was actively pursuing internship opportunities at the time. it was kind of sad that there were a few baristas in their 40s who clearly weren't going anywhere in life, but the work wasn't so bad.

i think the best part of these jobs is they teach you just how badly you don't want to be doing them your whole life especially when you see older people there who are just husks

i went to college and fucked around and have had to work an objectively really terrible unrelated job for the past four years and now if i go back i'm gonna actually care this time

When you're backed against the wall, you must break the goddamn thing down, not start thinking in sucking dicks.