Subaru thread?

Subaru thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5i_s6F8rjlY
youtube.com/watch?v=YgkMxicZFNw
modinjapan.com/seib-hd0607sbimp-rs.html?gclid=CjsKDwjw0cXIBRCxjqnE3K3sHhIkAL1LezRDlvXx4wvsFdyZHyaSrxcpImwf9jmJfXmmPO5XsTksGgJ2gfD_BwE
ebay.com/itm/2002-Subaru-Impreza-4dr-Sedan-WRX-Automatic-/302309373916?hash=item46630af7dc:g:QGEAAOSw-3FZD~gm
tucson.craigslist.org/cto/6093135321.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yes please!

Sorry, I don't like boys.

why not :-(

Subaru yis

Fuck off to nasioc

Not OP, but why do subaru threads trigger you fags the most? Nobody complains about the other generals so why should we care what you think? Would you prefer a bunch of subaru threads and questions scattered all over the catalogue?

how about no?

*vapes in your face*

subaruru

youtube.com/watch?v=5i_s6F8rjlY

That's what happens when you brake on a wide turn at high speeds children

I hate to say it, but all the Subaru drivers where I live make it hard to wanna say I'm also a subbie driver. The stereotypes are to real in California.

Hai.

I'm tempted to grab a wrx sti when i'm finished with my current car. they appeal to me so much

Hihi

How much does a 50,000 mile 5ish year old WRX run?

I just bought pic related at just under 50000k miles for about 15k$ USD. Of course this is Canada where it snows a lot and there's a premium on anything with AWD.

please clean the insde of your poor wrx :c

cars are not trashcans

>

youtube.com/watch?v=YgkMxicZFNw

>I just bought pic related at just under 50000k miles for about 15k$ USD. Of course this is Canada where it snows a lot and there's a premium on anything with AWD.

shit that seems pretty good, what year is it, what horsepower?

I want to love the WRX but that fucking hoodscoop mang

Just get an aftermarket hood and switch from the top mount intercooler

I was repairing the window because someone's kid broke it placing baseball outside. The water bottles are the only "trash related" issue.

>Just get an aftermarket hood and switch from the top mount intercooler

can you link one that has been fixed in this manner?

god bless then

I haven't ever looked for one but what year and I'll do some digging because I am curious.

>I haven't ever looked for one but what year and I'll do some digging because I am curious.

any one say about 3-7 years old

modinjapan.com/seib-hd0607sbimp-rs.html?gclid=CjsKDwjw0cXIBRCxjqnE3K3sHhIkAL1LezRDlvXx4wvsFdyZHyaSrxcpImwf9jmJfXmmPO5XsTksGgJ2gfD_BwE

yuhp they are a thing. lot of options out there with a quick google search

It's a 2013 and it makes 265 HP - it's bone stock. I've had it a bit less than a week now so can't really give a full review but here's some quick thoughts. I'm coming from an automatic 2008 VW Rabbit with the 2.5l i5 which made about 170hp.

It makes more torque than I expected a turbo car to make - I thought this would be kinda like my i4 bike - nothing at all on the low end. So even off boost it's just fine for around town.

It's my first manual car - I've learnt a foot clutch in a car isn't all that similar to a hand clutch. I got my dad to try it out and he said the clutch was pretty stiff compared to the last manual he had, which was a 2005 civic. I stopped stalling it after an hour spent in the parking lot, but I'm still a little janky or giving too much revs on takeoffs.

The turnin is amazing. It goes where it's pointed. It goes through turns like it's on rails and the faster I go the more it seems to want to stick.

The interior is meh. The radio kinda sucks, but mostly because it's pretty loud in there. The seats are nice though. I have the cloth ones.

The ride is pretty harsh compared to the rabbit and it does rattle some over bumps. I expected this going into it.

Otherwise so far having a good time and would buy again. Especially now that I'm getting more used to it.

tfw new WRX and have to go through brake in period. 500 more miles til I can baby it less.

it's a really common mod since, suprise surprise, a top mount intercooler with a tiny hood scoop has way less cooling potential than a front mount. But good luck selling an sti without a hood scoop to the faggot vape sucking demographic lel

I love my subie!! (pic not related)

>yuhp they are a thing. lot of options out there with a quick google search

i wonder if you can make it look factory with a good paint job

>it's a really common mod since, suprise surprise, a top mount intercooler with a tiny hood scoop has way less cooling potential than a front mount. But good luck selling an sti without a hood scoop to the faggot vape sucking demographic lel

I've never seen one, I like the car but that hood scoop is way over the top, way to boy racer for me

what is this yellow sticker? should i feel bad my 05 sti doesn't have it?

sounds good, planning any power upgrades?

forgot pic

how are subies engine wise? I'm considering buying from 2008-2015. I don't know what kind of common issues I'll run into and how long the engines/turbos usually last.

Probably not, it's my daily so I don't want to compromise reliability. Maybe a safe tune to smooth it out, read a lot of people saying it can make the car a bit nicer to drive as the stock tune runs pretty lean

Ringland failure, head gaskets

Mostly on the generations that are older. What about the newer subies?

is this i70 in CO?

Meme car

No

New EJ25's made beyond 2008 don't have headgasket issues at all.

new FA20's are amazing, these are found in the 2015+ WRX and BRZ's No issues with FA20's what so ever and tons of people from Nasoic have gotten their 2015 WRX's out to 100k with no issues what so ever

Saw a black kid driving an obnoxiously loud WRX earlier.

I don't know how I feel about the new trend of black weebs.

Do you guys like your wrxs? I'm considering getting one; 2007 or older are the years I'm looking at. Any suggestions on year? It'll be a dd

I thought this could have been me up the point of loud. My WRX is stock other than a catback exhaust that reduced droning in the cockpit.

Can I come?

As long as you're not being impeded

Ok good. I feel as if this car, and this flag just dont belong together..

Can any other Nip brand compete?

Someone asked me while I was going into the bank today if my car had a body kit because he's never seen an Outback Sedan. Who else /raresubie/

I miss mine desu

Rip ur subie user

Lost her over a year ago. Lost cylinder 1. OBXT in manual with all the bells and whistles. I'm desperately looking for an affordable donor. I miss this fucking car so bad.

Hey, it saved my life, no joke.

Is Brotella a meme? I'm thinking about switching to 5w40 later this year when it gets colder again, and there isn't much else available in the states in that weight, especially not in high mileage. I've been using 10w40 but it burned a lot this winter, but now that it's warmed up considerably it hasn't burned much at all.

Note that I'm in Texas though, so it's more "winter" since it was mostly about 40-50 degrees in the morning then 60-70 in the afternoon, and got down to freezing two or maybe 3 mornings, those days I made sure to baby it even more before it was warmed up.

what should he have done at :22? steer the other way and throttle?

if in doubt flat out

I'd have to send off for an oil analysis to really tell you but without it I can say it didn't look like I was burning any oil through a Texas "winter." I change it at 3k intervals and I was able to go the whole time without having to top it off once. I should also say that the engine in my car is fairly low mileage so your results may vary if you have a lot of miles on yours.

If you consult the NASIOC forums, or send an oil analysis to blackstone (they send the sample container for free, the results cost money), you can find out yourself.

As for my vehicle, the engine was a lot happier with it.

One step ahead of you, this was my last oil change on Castrol edge high mileage. I'll most likely stick with the Castrol edge but 5w40 for winter, though I'll miss the seal conditioners that the high mileage version has.
I changed at 3500ish/March 10th and had to top off 3 quarts over that time, and it's been about 1500 miles since and I've only had to top off half a quart. At 184500 miles, my rings are definitely going to be way more worn than yours.

ebay.com/itm/2002-Subaru-Impreza-4dr-Sedan-WRX-Automatic-/302309373916?hash=item46630af7dc:g:QGEAAOSw-3FZD~gm
What do you think lads?
Too many miles?

I always loved the 22b and 90s WRX sti but nothing else.

Every single one in aus is raped as sadly

Do you have a current Subaru or are planning to get another

back off throttle (not drop it) and bring wheels straighter waiting for front to regain traction. then continue on with your turn. he fucked himself good by mashing the brakes

good answer but not always right

I'm planning to get one in the future, I drive a GTI now, pic related

The hood scoop is what makes them stand out from other cars, it's the only reason why I love my legacy GT. The hoodscoop is there but it's not as obnoxious
>tfw coilovers getting installed as I post this

Or is it because it is what your wife let you get?

There's nothing wrong with a Legacy GT. Not everyone wants to be associated with WRX owners, and the insurance is much cheaper. Where I live cops LOVE to stereotype cars and pull them over for stupid shit while letting Sally soccormom blow past in her minivan at 15 over while dicking with her phone and putting on make up.

i suppose ill post in here as it seems to be good company for it

i have updates on ditchbaru and im gauging interest as to whether i should post some more pictures/stories

any interest in another thread?

I'd read it. Did anything other than the bodywork end up being fucked?

Do tell.
-t. Fellow Subaru crasher

not really its pretty much fine.
since then i (may have) damaged it a bit (being stupid again) but ive not had any problems come of it. ill make a thread later and elaborate

postan subie

2900#, no brakes.

Fully built engine going in this weekend

I like these, I had a look last night and apparently there are none for sale in Australia right now.

If ur serious about getting one call up mrt performance. They deal with alot of them there and might have some for sale

when can I order a goddamn 2018 outback?

last info release was the beginning of april

Who /gc8/ here

Sort of me, a bk/bg/bd Legacy is just a long wheelbase gc Impreza

Subaru owner reporting in, pic related

Fuck I meant to blank plate

>scuffed rims
smdh

That's weird, my rims are near perfect idk wtf that is in picture :/

>forgetting to blank the plate
Swiggity swooty I'm coming for that subbie.

I want to take off my spoiler anyone recommend any temporary hole patches on the trunk?

Trade trunks with someone who wants a spoiler

Help me Veeky Forums I'm at my ropes end
08 legacy drivers door
New glass won't fit in regulator. Bolts are 10mm too narrow to bolt into the track.
Wat do?

Assuming you have the right part and it would still go up and down correctly if you somehow make it fit...

can't you cut a piece of metal like this? Then fit a nyloc nut and washer to it so it doesn't come undone?

best idea I could think of ᶂᶏᶆ

Ffff
Well I have a dremel and some files soo

Speaking of subarus, on my weekly craigslist scroll I came across this 100k mile Brat in my state.
tucson.craigslist.org/cto/6093135321.html
to be honest if it was cheaper I would probably buy it.

This is an excellent quality pepe

Muppin around mt Rainer awhile ago.

>el camino/pickup truck hybrid
what kind of drugs are the subaru people on when they design cars?