The Pony Thread

No, this isn't another "im buying a v6 challenger you mad bro" thread. I am actually buying one of these 2 cars and want some input.

The 2016 Camaro 1LT V6 has 29k miles and they want 17.5k (Auto)

(I'm getting auto on my next car, not dealing with stick bullshit in traffic.I drive a manual right now and wont miss it and new autos are statistically faster anyways)

The 2016 Mustang ecoboost has 13k miles and they want 19.9k (Auto)

Budget is 20k, pros and cons

Camaro:
+335hp - 15 more than Stang
+V6 sound - 4cyl Stang sounds pedestrian
+Lighter by over 150 lbs
+0-60 at 5.1 - Ecoboost average is 5.5
+1/4 in 13.6 - Ecoboost 13.9
+N/A V6 reliability

-Visibility of a ww2 bunker
-Styling is a little over the top
-interior is bland as fuck
-Tiny aftermarket support for new 3.6
-Very little tuning and performance mods

Mustang Boost:
+320lb/ft - Camaro is 287lb/ft
+Styling exterior and interior
+Comfier and roomier interior
+Fuel economy
+Huge Aftermarket
+Big tuning potential

-Heavier
-Less HP
-Slower lap times, 0-60 and 1/4 times
-More Pricier than Camaro
-High Strung 4 cyl turbo unreliability
-New body coming out in a few months so depreciation
-Shitty Sound

From my research the Camaro is objectively better on paper. Still cant get over the fact about no tuning potential and visibility and styling. Still 50/50 on both cars, wat sai u Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T5qMRds1kbw
exoticsracing.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Paper stats matter very little. Pick which one you like more holistically. Sounds to me like you prefer the mustang. Looks don't grow on you so don't make a mistake and buy the Camaro because it's slightly faster (they're both pretty slow) but hate the way it looks and the visibility.

Well, before i give input, why not a v6 stang?

Cars are far from slow. The 2011 Camaro ss did 0-60 in 4.8 secs while a 2016 V6 does it in 4.9-5.1.

Both the ecoboost and V6 camaro are as fast give or take as mid-2000's V8's. Tech and manufacturing processes are giving these cars so legitimacy as sports cars instead of rentals.

Both cars are most likely faster than 98-99% of the daily traffic you will encounter anyways. Slow car territory is more BRZ, 0-60's and 1/4 mile times on both of these cars are almost the same if not faster than Firdbird WS6 and 4.6 ford stang gt numbers and corvette C4.

idk why Veeky Forums has such a high standard to call a car "fast" when most of them drive civcs or camrys

get the camaro

I wouldn't trust the ecoboost with an aggressive tune. Plus if you need more HP you can always put a supercharger on the camaro

No autos.

>can always put a supercharger on the camaro

This shit I was arguing with my neighbor about his v6 camaro.
If he wants to go through all that, spend the money to make it faster, he should've just bought a v8.

I agree V8 is way better than a supercharged V6

shit nigga it's a pony car get the bloody vee ate. they're supposed to make you cream your pants not grow a vagina. if you want economy get a camry.
anyway the Camero looks better imo and that's really all that matters

Then buy it for me user, money doesn't grow on trees. If it was my choice I would get a C7 ZO6.

For the price, you get alot of horses and a practically new car. Was wondering which one would be the better choice long term. Most V8 or nothing people probably haven't owned a car with more than 4 cylinders their whole life anyways so they cant really say much to begin with.

>shit nigga it's a pony car get the bloody vee ate
Then it's not a pony car anymore, it's a muscle car

Sounds like you should get the Camaro. If you're riding the stang in boost all the time (which you need to in order to actually access its power), then you really don't get that much better mpgs.

The v6 performs better, sounds better, is more reliable, and doesn't need premium fuel to get access to its power.

>-New body coming out in a few months so depreciation
Why not wait for the new one to appear? Let the seller take the hit, then buy.

The V6 Mustang is the base model. The Ecoboost is actually an upgrade option.
Meanwhile on the Camaro, The 4 cylinder is the base model while the V6 is an upgrade option.

OP, I would look at the Camaro Turbo. It's still faster (barely) than the Ecoboost Mustang, but actually has aftermarket support since the Ecotec turbos have been around since 2003.

>sits in traffic a lot
>considers a turbo

Does anyone think there will be some more tunes and modding support for the 3.6l. Its NA but the 350z showed us u can go a long way with an NA V6.

A turbo kit for the new 3.6 will be cool

>v6 auto vs I4T auto

skrEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

bitch just get an older v8 manual you fuck

Shit gas milage, older, slower than new V6's and ecoboost, manual. Y tho

Dont care for it, have a manual NC miata and dont care for the transmission. Also >notably slower than new autos.

a supercharged v8 is better than both

2014 mustang GT 6 speed is 22k with a 420hp v8

I think the open diff in the camaro is a little bit of a deal breaker.

I knew this thread was gonna get a few V8 tards, anyways the ecoboost. The one in my area is a 2015 Auto base with 9k miles for only 18.8k. Think its a good deal especially as a blank slate for something special. V6 I dont really see any room to make it have the performance I want.

if OP wants to talk numbers, the v6 isn't that far off from the ecoboost, so it's still bretty gud. and it'll be cheaper than both the eco and the camera.

"something something, n/a is better" you get the idea

>bitch just get an older v8 manual you fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=T5qMRds1kbw

This is you LOL

Why not V6 Mustang? They have aftermarket support.

V8 or don't get anything faggot

Has the Camaro fixed its awful blind spots? A few years ago, I was shopping for a pony/muscle car and test drove the big 3. The Camaro had the best value when compared to the other 2, but the blind spots in the vehicle were awful. I literally could not see out the back sides of the car without contorting my body in the seat. I eventually went with the Mustang. The Challenger also had blind spot issues, but no where near as bad as the Camaro did.

Funny you don't see the irony here. He got to promote his YouTube channel and show his car off to the world because he has a V8. Nobody gives a shit about the "mid" level pony car.

Actually go and drive one of each.
That visibility issue in the camaro is fucking pathetic. No wonder gm went bankrupt.

Definitely definitely without a doubt go for the Mustang.

With a tune and some bolt ons you can damn near double the power out put without breaking the bank. Popular, easy to get parts for, lots of options. Also better on gas if you keep your foot out of it.

Whereas with the Camaro, a $500 tune gets you absolutely nothing at all, and short of swapping hard parts or adding forced induction, you're pretty much going to have to live with the power it puts out forever.

If you're a car guy, like actually like cars, tinkering with them, modifying them, making them your own, and also going fast, the Mustang would be the best choice, mainly because it has just about limitless tuning potential. Buy it, drop in $500 in actual bolt on parts, add a $500 tune, and you're off and running at far, far better than Camaro numbers. Get bored, add a few more parts, get another tune, and you're making even more power. Continue indefinitely.

With the Camaro, your options would basically be an intake and a cat back, and then you'd just have a loud, slow, automatic V6 pony car. If all you want it looks and noise, the Camaro would be the one to go with, as it's cheaper, and does everything you want.

>
>Actually go and drive one of each.
>That visibility issue in the camaro is fucking pathetic. No wonder gm went bankrupt.

Test drove both. Camaro is fucking scary to drive feels like im looking thru a periscope. Camaro pulls nicely but it feels slow unless u mash the pedal.

The ecoboost actually has visiblity, looks better and it has reallt good low and mid range torque. I kinda made up my mind for the stang because good low end, huge aftermarket and stock engine potential and an LSD not found in the auto maro.

Was just trying to give the cam a shot since its better stock on paper but that changes when the stang is chipped and bolted on.

I have a 2015 ss.
The visibility is really not a problem
The only ones complaining about it are dumbfucks who dont check over their shoulders anyway.

I take it you don't like the Challenger?

I test drove an SS back in 2011 and the blind spots were fucking awful. I assume they fixed them? God I hope they fixed them.

Good shill for ecoboost user. OP here this is the main reason ecoboost in my mind is my top pick so far. The only issue is that the only ones in my price range are non PP. The PP is not any faster so I shouldnt be bothered by it but stang guys insist on the PP but I have seen base auto stangs get into the low 12's on stock turbos no PP. So PP isnt a big concern for me just a matter of 3.15 auto vs 3.55 auto.

Slowest of the bunch and heaviest of the bunch. And its a FCA product, no.

that 3.55 makes a huge difference

The only PP in my price range is a 2015 with 48k miles. I was gonna pull the trigger yesterday on it when I test drove it but the miles is touchy. When I get it since it has so many miles I will have to walnut blast it or seafoam treat it or something to get all that carbon out since its a turbo so I can get it back to original power. And will have to start putting 93 octane. The car looks and felt like it was treated well and it went thru dealer inspection but I did hear a knock when I stepped on it so im guessing it has been sitting for a while or it has 87 octane gas. Not to mention it felt sluggish since I had to test drive with like a 270 pound sales rep.

I will buy it with a warrenty if I have to but hopefully the engine can be cleaned out good enough and reset to a 93 octane tune to get the power back.

>slower than autos

yeah but you'll have like, 100 hp over both those cars how would your slower shifts matter at all

nigger you fucking dumb, get a '11 mustang with the 5L for 15k or some shit, fuck.

>buying a $20,000 car but can't afford gasoline
nigger buy a fucking civic if you care about gas mileage, do you even understand how the fuck turbos even work and what that'd do to your precious i4 mmmmpeeegeees

>Shit gas milage

nope

Complacency is a hell of a drug.
Camaro is typical of GM design- garbage from bumper to bumper.

If an 8 inch windshield and aa trunk like this is acceptable to them, what else did they decide was "good enough to ship to customers"?
GM has spent 75 years cutting corners, especially when an issue was discovered (thus the bankruptcy and multi-billion dollar lawsuits time and time again).

>Confirmed for having never driven a Camaro before

this thread will just come down to personal preferences as you've already laid out the pros and cons of each

personally i would go with the mustang because it looks better inside and out IMO, comfier and chicks recognize the mustang symbol. camaro still has the ugly chevy logo.

Ive done work for exoticsracing.com
I know the guy who currently owns the frankenstude.
I've driven exotics YOU will only see on TV.

Camaro is garbage. Go tout ring times all you want. Reality is the camaro is a piece of shit. From visibility to overheating issues (just trying to get ONE of those laps in lol) to warranty claims.
>pic related
Friend has a factory cast aluminum block 428 SOHC (one of two known to have been made).
All you know of the automotive world is some craptacular GM you bought because it was pretty....

>garbage from bumper to bumper.

But the way the window goes up when you close the door is cool.

>70% of current cars do this.
It also slightly lowers the window out of the seal to open the door when you start lifting the door handle.
When the motor goes out, how do you open the door?

>Still doesn't provide proof

% of current cars do this.

I'm a bum and had no idea. I haven't driven anything I couldn't fuck.

As far as getting out, IDK. It is a Chevy, I would expect the door to fall off before the motor gave out.

OP here. May get an ecoboost w/ 47k miles.

What can I do to restore the power as if it has 1000 miles. Walnut shell blast, seafoam treatment, gas cleaner and maybe start putting 93 octane? Car has been sitting for almost a month until I test drove it yesterday.

Loves the car but since it had 87 octane and the sales rep on the test drive with me weighed 250 pounds easily it felt bogged. Looked past it though, what can I do of I buy it to restore the power it had.

Get a V8 if you want power

>May get an ecoboost w/ 47k miles.
your opinions are shit. Get the Chevy.

Buy it for me faggot. Ever heard of budgets? And no I dont want last seasons V8, bigger fan of the new S550 mustang. You dont buy a car soley for the engine.

Its like this, would u rather have a 1993 corolla with an LS engine in it as ur daily or a 2015 lexus rc350, it may be slower than an LS corolla but its gonna have so much more to offer than just "going fast".

And its not like the ecoboost is a slouch, this car gets into the 12's easily with a few bolt ons and a chip. Stock does 5.2 secs, thats far from slow

My 10 year old Cadillac puts more power to the wheels than both of these jokes of a "pony" car at the crank.

DELETE THIS

If you're going to buy a "muscle" car, make sure it's not a fucking joke. I respect V6 Accords more than I'll respect V6/i4 muscle cars.

If you're on a budget, buy something else a little more respectable. Don't go after anemic muscle cars. You'll be treated like a faggot by the mustang or camaro community.

>idk why Veeky Forums has such a high standard to call a car "fast" when most of them drive civcs or camrys

lol fucking this

So, a hellcat?

You must be a newfag.
I've posted hundreds of pics over the years.
From Ford gt to aventadors to lotus.
Hell I've built stuff in my garage more impressive than you'll ever drive.
And every summer there's an influx of people like you.

get a better job you lazy bastard

A fuggin LS1 is faster than these V6 and 4 banger cars.

Is that a hemi?

C5z is the best budget fast car. Large aftermarket too.

It's a Ford 302 that were supposed to be impressed by

my stock Range Rover sport sc is faster to 60. Idk where you live but I pity you if a v6 cheap pony car is fast to you. I'm 2017 a 5 second 0-60 is pretty damn whack, you'd know this if you weren't poor and or surrounded by other slowmobiles

That feel when a 2011+ Mustang GT with a few boltons and a tune can easily walk a 2017 stingray LT4, while being $30,000 cheaper lel

>last seasons V8
since when did Veeky Forums become Veeky Forums

I can see you arguing about the Camaro V8 being all new.

But 2011-2014 Mustang S197 GT's use the same 5.0L Coyote V8 as the new S550 Mustang GT's, The only difference is the intake manifold.

No one cares about ur GM dindu mobile having 330hp

>my 10 year old v8 barely produces more whp

and while still being unable to corner.
The Mustang really is a
>one trick pony

>confusing BHP and WHP
kill yourself

>Basing a car purchase on what other people will think of you

Aw, did a V8 owner hurt your feelings?

Miss me with that gay shit, I buy a car because I like it and I can do what I want with it. It can be my comfy daily driver or track slut and I can make it hit 11 secs on the strip or put a respectable tune to best lots of cars out there.

I view the new ecoboost mustang as a sort of rwd wrx made by ford. So much potential for the engine. So is the wrx gay and anemic for having a I4 engine now? Give me a break.

The Ecoboost engine is shit compared to the 2.0L in the Camaro

Driven both a lot when I worked at enterprise, much prefer the Camaro. Visibility isn't as bad as it was on the previous gen and the interior is much better than last gen as well. Sounds better, noticeably faster, and I'd say more reliable in the long run, especially if you're modifying it.

>Buy a most expensive foreign v6 with less power and looks worse than a cheaper more powerful v6 that looks cool

Do you have brain damage?

I literally saw a dealer listing for a new on the lot ecoboost mustang for 20k.

that's a homosex price for a used.

also don't get an auto

also get the ecoboost performance pack.

The WRX isn't a muscle car you cuck, buying a turbo or V6 equivalent of a muscle car in AUTOMATIC means that you're cutting all corners for the badge.

It's not a muscle car if it doesn't have a V8 retard. Think of it more as an american tuner such as a srt-4 than anything. It has a better everything than the srt4 but just because it shares a chassis with the V8 doesn't mean it should be relegated to be shit.

I don't care for the badge, its a solid engine with lots of potential and an exterior and interior I like. Plus IRS, an LSD and an overall solid chassis.

For all I know im wasting my breath on a bus riding faggot or a corolla owner that has no concept of what a car can be and only cares about memes and naming semantics.

It stil opens, just tugs on the seal and doesnt look cool.