Rental cars

What are the best (and worst) rental cars you've driven Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BGyOOUAn2oI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Must have been terrible experience paying to drive an auto frs

Who said it was auto?

where is the chicken?

They don't rent out manual cars Mr. Shitposter sir

They do in Bongland shithead

Hard to believe bongistani

They do in the civilised world shithead

>implying I'm a bong
You know people can visit other countries right?

yes they do dumbass

I once got a free "upgrade" to a pt cruiser. Probably the worst car inside and out.

>convertible Mustang
>with a V6
Felt good and bad man

>Felt good and bad
V6 Mustangs in a nutshell

The worst rental car at Enterprise is probably the jeep patriot orrrrr any fiat, because if you think fiats are shit now, wait until you've driven one that has 30k rental car miles on it.

Oh and the best I drove was a 2016 Camaro V6, they don't rent the v8s BUT the new v6 with 335hp was pretty impressive and actually sounded good. The stock exhaust would crackle when you let off after a hard pull, was kinda fun.

>posts thread under false pretense
>'hehe frs as image, le trigger them all with my genuis!! The thread will go to surely go to shit!! Le master epic trollz xD'

The sad part is you're trying hard and no one took the bait. Saged.

Only once I rented a Nissan Sentra

the CVT was god awful, the road noise was horrible, and the thing had no power whatsoever

but it got me from A to B

>Who said it was auto?
You've not rented cars then. It's policy to only rent out automatic transmission cars. I know because I asked as I've rented cars from Hertz, Avis, and Enterprise when traveling for the company. I got the most eye opening explanation from one manager. He said it wasn't that the gears would be thrashed, but that people would be tempted to race with them.

Ya know that reminds me, hertz has that Shelby available for rental, but it's only automatic.
That bothers me so fucking much.

If it's a throwback to the old "rent a racer" shit then why not throw a stick in there?

Worst were BMW 4 series grand coupe 420d, any opel, jeep renegade, mercedes b class, vw golf variant disel, vw polo diesel and maybe some more i cant remember right now.

best were toyota yaris (dont even know why), ford fiesta ecoboost, mini one, mercedes a class and some others i cant remember. i mostly drive in town so i tend to prefer small cars.

t. rental car delivery driver.

>have to drive 430km home from a work appointment
>boss will stay there, I drive home alone
>boss has arranged for a rental but we both don't know what it'll be
>he says he ordered something in the league of a VW Golf
>get a Mercedes C-Class
>make the distance in no time at all

that was pretty neat.

rented the v4 version of a sr5 4runner and holy fucking nigger that was without a doubt the most unpleasant vehicle in the world to drive. top speed was probably around 90mph so you can imagine how annoying it is to drive on the highway or pass

Well that's the point of a Sentra. I dont know what you were expecting.

Same. Worst I ever drive since 80a cars. But the stereo sounded great for a factory unit.

base chevy cruze was absolute trash. Couldn't turn, barely could go up hill, plastic was ugly.

Fully loaded Ford Fusion was honestly pretty nice.

>2017 Nissan something
>sounds like the car is eating tires alive while cruising 90

I'm gonna request American made next time, but Enterprise fucked me over, so Hertz hooked me up last minute and I wasn't about to be picky/choosy since we were supposed to be on the road the previous night, not the following morning.

Last gen mustang convertible
Wasn't very fast, trans shifted funky

2015 challenger SXT
interior was nice and solid for a FCA product, the ZF eight speed is god like. 9/10 would rent again. Cruised nicely at 80

>best (and worst)
>mfw I have only rented vehicles twice in my life
>best
Penske 26 footer. Pair that with this song and I had a great time. youtube.com/watch?v=BGyOOUAn2oI
>worst
2012 Hyundai Elentra. Koreans can't build cars in general and hated the amount blind spots.

Went to Hawaii, I'm a cheap cunt so I got the cheapest rental on the island.

Car 1: 1999 Buick Century

Never driven any car like it. Had those classic bench seats, handled like a fucking cruise ship and had the loudest and most gutless engine ever. Getting up to 50 was a chore.
Everything about it was embarrassingly American.
Oil and coolant lights were on of course and after about 2 days of driving it the driver window fell into the door and we couldn't get it back up.
Took it back to the rental place for a replacement and they begrudgingly complied.

Which brings us to

Car 2: 2005 Dodge Neon

This car is so weird but oddly my favourite. It drove like a heroin overdose. Punchy and unstable.
The interior was cheap, cracked and humiliatingly simple.
Check engine light, oil light and a number of others I can't remember were on. After 30 minutes of driving it, there was smoke coming out from the hood. Surprisingly it would only overheat when you idled, so you just had to gun it all the time or you'd be stuck on the shoulder of the highway waiting for it to cool down.
It was autotragic, but if you put your foot down there was something there, even if you felt like the car would snap it half just to spite you.
If I ever lived in murica I'd consider a cheap SRT-4.

All the other rentals I've had have just been new and boring ass momcars. Was fun to have 2 shitboxes to throw around.

A Challenger R/T rental.

I was excited to drive a V8, but the first thing that happen when I got in was the seat collapsing backwards and then refusing to hold in a driveable position. I was just a 170 pound Leaf, I thought it was designed to hold a 300 pound 'Murican.

>work at a crappy rental car place
>don't know shit about cars
Maybe this is why I'm so bad at small talk with customers.

Only ever driven two, but there was definitely enough difference to note.
>Best
Mazda 3 hatchback. Pleasant enough to drive, and had a bit of pep.
>Worst
Hyundai accent. Had absolutely no character and a surprisingly uncomfortable ride.

That exhaust crackle is actually an m
.mp3 file. Cars are this gay now

>Anonymous 05/09/17(Tue)15:21:22 No.17174860▶
>>have to drive 430km home from a work appointment
>>boss will stay there, I drive home alone
>>boss has arranged for a rental but we both don't know what it'll be
>>he says he ordered something in the league of a VW Golf
>>get a Mercedes C-Class
>>make the distance in no time at all
>that was pretty neat.
Sounds like it already held a few 300lb burgers

Aren't these cars built in leafland?

>best

Chrysler Pacifica. Most comfy long distance hauler i've used

>worst

Penski 26ft diesel strait truck. Shit transmission and crazy resonance out of the engine at cuising rpms. Plus trucks that big suck on anything smaller than main roads

Best ford transit, you don't expect it in a van but its fucking crazy.

Best: Mazda 6s with the V6. Nice steering. Nice motor.

Runner up: Toyota Avalon . Pretty close to lexus. Like what a Buick should be, if GM didnt exist.

Worst: Jeep Liberty. You could watch the gas gauge move with the throttle. Terrible handling. Slow. Smelled like vomit

Runner up: Dodge Magnum R/T in a Detroit snowstorm. The whole thing was just fucking stupid all over. No visibility. Nigger magnet. Slow for a big muh hemi.
Neutral feels: Camry is always good. Subarus are decent if you beat the shit out of them. Ford crossovers and explorers are safe bets. I try to avoid anything nissan and FCA as a general rule. GM garbage isn't terrible unless it's a compact. Fucking hyundais are death traps.

I'm a Veeky Forumstsit when it comes to rentals, and try to time arrivals, and discounts to maximize my rental choices and upgrades above the standard sized sedan that my company entitles me to when I travel. The only thing I can't do is get a sports car, convertable, or lux rental as it would be bad for optics.

I've only driven like 2 rental cars. Didn't have a need for more.

Nissan Maxima: was enjoyable enough. Needed for a trip with friends. Mostly highway, was a comfy trip for everyone. Was able to delivery enough when I put the foot down, so I enjoyed it. Pretty good on gas, too

Hyundai Elantra: rental while car was in shop from an accident. Even though it was the fully loaded model, it felt like it had no heart in it. It was comfy, but not fun to drive. I was happy to get my little Focus back.

only ever rented two cars so its pretty easy
BEST

2013 explorer that they comped the fuel on and gave me for subcompact price, because i just so happened to be going to where it needed to be because it was being sold

WORST

corolla that was boring as fuck and holy shit cvt is a cancer

Aygo

it's a really fun, snappy car

..until you have to get out of it at gas station

Best: VW Golf
Worst: kia rio

My company always aims for the cheapest cars to rent.

>drove my AE86 370 miles in a final road trip
>met mechanic friend at halfway point so he could drive it back to his shop 800 miles away
>hooned around at our mutual hometown for a few days
>ready to return
>rent a Nissan Versa (they bumped me up from a Chevy Spark to a "nicer" car)
>tfw

Holy fuck, I had a fucking scowl on my face the whole way. The contrast between what I drove there and what I drove back in was awful. Smelled like farts, drove like a 200,000 mile car at 40,000 miles, engine went wehhh and didn't do anything. Getting back in my fucking base Civic felt amazing after I returned that piece of shit.

What the fuck, Nissan?

Worst, toss up between Micra and i20. Both were manual at least because fuck they were horrible.

Best was easy, Exige S. Fuck it was good

Rented a 2016 Corolla a few years back and a 2017 Altima recently. Great mileage, but the drone, lack of power and rubber banding were awful

The first gen aygo is awesome because you floor it and the 3 cyl sound and the handling with the bare metal interior make it feel like you're in some kind of spec racing car.

>2016 a few years back

Yes they do lmao. You can literally rent a mustang gt with a 6 speed in my town.

why were they so bad? Were they too boring to you?

>2016 model cars were made in 2015
>current year is 2017
>2 years is literally a few years

Only drove 3 rental cars as my car was in the shop and they were all shit.

Honda Civic
Ford Firsta
Nissan Versia

2011 Toyota Yaris gets my pick for worst car. Had like 2k miles on it, already full of rattles vibrations and squeaks. Complete garbage.

2 is a couple of years, 3 is a few years

you fucking mongoloid

You have to pay for using an autotrans ?
Well played 'murican