/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, March 22nd:
1739 – Nader Shah occupies Delhi in India and sacks the city, stealing the jewels of the Peacock Throne.
1765 – The British Parliament passes the Stamp Act that introduces a tax to be levied directly on its American colonies.
1829 – In the London Protocol, the three protecting powers (United Kingdom, France and Russia) establish the borders of Greece.
1916 – The last Emperor of China, Yuan Shikai, abdicates the throne and the Republic of China is restored.
1945 – The Arab League is founded when a charter is adopted in Cairo, Egypt.

>News
CK2 Monks and Mystics is out. Check the Veeky Forums archive.

EU4 - 21/03
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-dev-diary-21st-march-2017-diplomatic-macro-builder.1006623

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!PQgxyACD!bpcXXoWI3Pfu_PJ1_sz5D7wKYO2OStEWr_npgpw0B_w

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/3gqho5
youtube.com/watch?v=jHuz8juiIYs
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Based

Nice

white

What ethnicity is he tho?

Reposting in the new thread:

Too many fucking options in Mayo and I don't know what to do. Put together a bunch of shit for votes.

If anybody has any other suggestions I'd be willing to hear them too. Keep in mind I've played England (with PU and eventual integration with France), Byzantium, and Russia already.

poal.me/3gqho5
poal.me/3gqho5
poal.me/3gqho5

Is this filter too dark?

based aquileia

>Switzerland still exist.
Reclaim your ancestral homeland, Aargau you little inbred.

8th for cute vidya cats

>no strategy cats to call upon

clean that keyboard you rat

kek

Yes and edgy

lmao

>HIP still not released

Hip is shit

>have comfy time trying to catch up with land tech with my north korea tier focus on military
>this happens again
just what is their fucking problem

Delet this before I delet you.

that was quick

Annex Iraq
Caliphate WHEN

Which Irish Miner has the best national drive?

youtube.com/watch?v=jHuz8juiIYs

can someone pls put the new veritas et fortitudo 3.3 on mega? I'll suck your dick

are you the cat

i wanna do ck2->eu4 gaem, how do i spice things up a bit?
any must have mods?
should i switch countries or sth to keep it interesting without blobbing?

of fucking course that 9 military heir has to die
actually I just became caliphate since I'm strongest muslim nation now
also poor iraq, im getting cores on them through horde events all the time

perfect europe?
I'd get dutch clay to austria and spend the rest of the game protecting that gorgeous map

[muted call to prayer can be heard in the background]

rate my savegame ported from 626 to victoria 2.
Islam doesn't exist
the orange blob is persia
The visigoths (spain) are Arian heretics
the blue blob is Bavaria
the UK is the HRE

I didn't play persia. It blobbed on it's own. It's beautiful.

you didn't post picture user
who did you start as?

10/10

pretty good

Playing CK2 again after a long hiatus

Which mods should I play with?

My bad, Istria is Austrian too

>another 2 free cores on iraq
allah (peace be upon him) works in mysterious ways

Only updated one is CK+.

Should be good enough for an "enhanced" experience.

*sends his army to cairo before clicking this shit*

damn, I shit the bed

I started as the goths in crimea and took ukraine gradually but at one point the byzantines came knocking, and I decided to join them as a vassal. Then I helped out in taking over Russia. Sadly that was in CK2, pretty much all my land got eaten by Persia

In EU4 I switched to Bavaria and united the hungarian peoples of central europe

I for some reason have an odd feeling you might collapse out of the erection to keep conquering. I wish you luck and hope Allah doesn't allow it to happen.

iraq used this opportunity to DOW me in attempt to reconquer their cores
on the bright side they will clear some rebels for me

Culture and religion map modes?

Is persia zoroastrian?

Is that at the start of v2?

What is the best National Value for Persia?
Order?
Productivity?
Autocracy?
Equality?
Liberty?

Not too bad for a tribal succession crisis. It is good that you got many cores from event so they not rebel now

If I purchase the Cadet Edition of HoI4 and then TFV that's all the dlcs right?

For the motherland is also included in Cadet?

Nah, our manpower gain is huge so its really hard to lose control over stuff like that.
The biggest rebellion was 16k syrian stack in Aleppo bu the rest of them were just free army tradition for me
Also I only now realized that you cant annex capital (even though I had core on it) so I only took one shitty province and broke their treaties.

Playing as a potato nigger in CK2 is not so easy anymore. Making a claim on a neighboring county takes decades, I am in 1100 already and the fucking faggot chancellor hasn't been able to make a single claim, eventhough the annual chance is 10%(so it should have taken around 10 years, but at least 30 have passed)

Also you can't get claims by marrying the families of other Earls because they won't marry you for 'Political reasons'

And I can't even revoke my vassal titles to get more counties because 1. Revoking titles is outlawed 2. Plotting against them is pointless because nobody wants to cooperate.

Try it before you buy it is some friendly advice. Sorry but I don't know about the Cadet Edition.

>Try it before you buy it is some friendly advice

I did pirate it before, unable to find a complete version right now so I might as well just buy it this time around.

Cadet Edition has the Polish DLC and TFV is the other one. I think that's it.

>deaf in texas

>- "Next/previous holding" in the holding build view will now also take you to your hospitals, not just regular holdings, trade posts, and forts

Fucking finally

As the Netherlands in HPM, do you get all of Indonesia with the decisions if you sphere all the sultanates or do you have to wait for free Protectorate CB events?

>EU3 players are back
>Vicky II was around, at least from last thread, again
>CK2 players with no meme dlc's from last thread

Have I entered a based alternate timeline?

>>EU3 players are back
>eu 3 is so based because its older than eu 4
go back to re.ddit

Is Africa mod compatible with HPM? And has Africa mod guy considered adding Stellaland, Nieuwe Republiek and the Griqua?

not giving ottos any chance since they still have cores on entire anatolia
also
>unlikely
so you're telling me there IS a chance huh
dont really want to savescum here so im just going to pay them shekels each time they refuse and try again

EU series are shit as a whole imo because its just mindless blobbing, but at least EU3 had aesthetically pleasing maps like You can't do that shit in EU4, not without meow and talex and that's pretty much unplayable because of how bloated it is.

Does this mean I can finish this Norway game I was working on?

Please do. Governments in exile that still maintain some semblance of their old territory are my fetish.

>Hre
dafuq happened there

MM MMM MMM gimme dat copper in eastern anatolia

so which ck2 dlcs are meme?

>its just mindless blobbing
So like the entirety of human history then? My mistake, IRL it was not always mindless, sometimes the blobbing had imaginative reasons backing it up. Either way, I'm interested in playing it now for your words on it make it sound ultra-realistic.

I'll post later off PC currently.

Persia is very much Zoroastrian
yes it's the start of vicky 2. What nation should I play?

it's just too easy to blob in vidya games, it's simple as that
every single time someone blobbed irl he got fucked some way sooner or later, in eu you're basically invincible once you reached one point in the game

sunset invasion and monks&mystics

>every single time someone blobbed irl he got fucked some way sooner or later
Mostly it tended to be later. Ottomans, British, Spanish, French, Arabs, Chinks and the world champions of mindless blobbing, the Russians.

>it's just too easy to blob in vidya games
I agree but what would be a gameplay mechanic to shut that down? More rebels and separatists? You would quickly get to the point where the expansion path gets too punitive.

i've never played with Sunset on but i just redownloaded CK2 after a long time and i didn't play monks&shit yet i don't even know what's it about[/s], what's so bad about it?

that's why empires like GB, Ottomans, or even Russia lasted (or still last) hundreds or years right?

>You can't do that shit in EU4
You can't have map mods in eu4 or you can have nice borders?

Satan mana
Regular societies having 0 depth
Armory is okay
New councillor options are good, though

ottomans and arabs blobbed on sandniggers and slavs without real opponents for the most part tbqh, british, french and spanish conquered some shitheads living in tents n shiet
russia just claimed siberia and conquered smaller slav and arab nations
and i was talking about blobs like 3rd reich, napoleon's france, HRE, shit like that

and i don't really think there's any mechanic that won't buttfuck the players other than playing with other players which sucks 90% of the time cuz people are mostly dipshits with no regards to diplomacy, clean borders and autism

Horrifically op devil worshipers. Can kidnap and ransom anyone for a pittance as well as being able to make devil spawn children on command. No downsides to being a devil worshiper either. Thankfully they added a game rule to disable it though so it's not too bad if you just do that. But like 70% of the dlc content is satanism, because all but one of the other societies are basically copy pastes.

Imo you shouldn't play the visigoths, central euro hungarians or the persians.

Probably not byzantium either.

What's britain?
The poland looking thing maybe.
Something betweeen purple india and japan maybe.

I don't know what's going on in north america.
Chinese colony to the west?

we have autism and aren't dipshits in the steamgruppe

Austria steamrolled the heretics and kept shitting on France enough to keep making reforms. I blockaded them for 2 decades to get three provinces in America to make my borders less ugly and now this happens.

WOODEN WALL TIME

> 90% of the time cuz people are mostly dipshits with no regards to diplomacy, clean borders
Just like IRL again where One Province Minors blob into Nepal from Greece for a laugh.

>GB
>Scotland is free

And the Welsh bit of Wales

are you using any mods?

There's revolts but the problem is they're too damn 'stiff'. If we get a V3 (and if it isn't shit) it should be more dynamic. Right now if a bunch of commies siege London they can take over the entire British Empire like nothing. In reality it should result in something like the Paris Commune and the rest of the British government reorganises somewhere else to deal with the revolt. If it fails to handle the Isles, then commies own the British Isles but the colonies split off either as independent or some still recognising the monarch.

Same with Russia or even France, where the revolution didn't involve a bunch of guys getting drunk and storming Paris. Unrest should be more dynamic.

wait, did they add mana?
so i guess i should just disable this shit off cuz it's even worse than memecoalitions?

Britain is the holy roman empire, the last remnant of it after Bavaria ate it all and left it
The polish thingy is a hungarian state that survived the Bavaric conquests and the zoroastrian conquests.

The shit between india and japan are China and it's vassals, struggling against Persia slowly munching on them

Indonasian countries are actually civilized so that might be interesting. They are mostly oriented towards Persia, and got civilized trough their influence

South America is colonized by the goths, the east coast is a clusterfuck of britbongs and goths, while the states are still full of injuns
california and alaska are chinese colonies.

Also, Iceland is independant.

Would a restoration of scandinavia with Swedish-Hungarians be interesting?

Also the hungarian mainland used to be russia but the persians drew them further and further west as they took their land

I believe that's an option, so yes

Is that an actual Britain in exile in North America? Under what dynasty is it and the HRE?

thank you very much user
btw is content pack ok or should i disable this shit as well?

It adds English and German faces
It adds some variety

yeah, that'd be great but it's not that easy to implement properly i suppose

the funny thing is that revolts and shit would work if every single country or rebel group would be governed by some player, but who the fuck wants to play as a fucking nigerian nationalists

I'd have to check if it's a britain in exile. I don't think it is.

I can't remember the dynasty, I know it's a dynasty of irish origin which are now anglo-saxons.

Bavaria is ran by the anglo saxon elite that cover 20% of the population, since they invaded from the mainland at around the year 800. Bavaria is a multiethnic clusterfuck of a minority of anglos, germans, and a lot of franks, french and Hungarians.

How should the hungarians not having a nation play out, considering they'd make up alone about 30% of europes population?

Neurons status: activated

literally jews of europe pre-ww2

CanOmer's Map mod. That's it.

Meanwhile the blockade of the continent is underway. Still have the Mediterranean and the North Sea to blockade.

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

should I port to HoI4 when I'm done with victoria?

I think HoI4 is a shitty grandstrat game but I can't port my vicky2 save to HoI3.

Is there a good EU3 map so there's more to the Americas than 10 useless tribal nations?

dunno, i can't play HoI for shit but the conversion sounds fun

Eu3 mod*

Don't need to disable the dlc entirely, you can just disable the satan cults in game rules.