/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

Captcha Edition

Elder Thread >Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2017/03/16/the-eso-morrowind-travel-series
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2017/03/16/eso-live-march-17--300pm-edt
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2017/03/15/battlegrounds-feature-1--ald-carac

>Latest ESO Live
twitch DOT tv/videos/129317468

>Latest patch notes:
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/321427/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-7-6#latest

>Builds and Guides
docs.google.com/document/d/1WsLK2mOCvIePLUxW_X7CPa7uT072x3FJEzY7yyN1hXA/edit [Beginner's Guide]
pastebin.com/Y9vRAcwm - Alcast/Deltia Guides

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>PC graphics settings
imgur.com/a/2S4Jn

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
eso-rp.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/
tamrieltradecentre.com/

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)
isthereanydeal.com

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] mail (not whisper) @Foskl or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] mail (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

>Discord:
discord.gg/ffn6JqN

>Is this game worth playing?
yes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZXsQAXx_ao0?t=6s
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Craftable_Sets
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for I wish the user that made these would finish the AD one.

...it knows

>Is this game worth playing?
We just don't know.

Fixed.

sup nig

Dammit. I didn't think of it.

Which dungeon do you think you've run the most? CoA1 for me.

VoM because I wanted to farm Rattlecage

What addon is that?

>Attempt to pvp as stamdk
>Get wrecked
>Try multiple builds, weapon styles, armor and weapon sets
>Still get rolled
>Get on my magdk that is a different faction
>Do so much better, actually get kills and have fun

The common factor is me, but I can do well with my alt. Is stamdk just not that great at pvp, or could my faction be a factor? I admit that I pvp quite rarely, just doing it for some of the alliance war skills, but it can be enjoyable.

Harvest maps, when you pick a node, fishing spot, chest, heavy sack, etc., it places a pin in your map, so you can find the locations again. Makes it super easy when you are looking to farm resources or chests, just check your map to where you found them already.

I think it has to do that DK is really good at being a PvP tank instead of a dmg dealer. Your job is to CC, debuff and make the enemies focus you instead of your group. I can't even count how many times some tanky DK has distracted and divided my group making us chase him only to never get to kill him while the enemy finishes us since we are split into groups instead of staying together.

Hope this helps.

Yeah, that probably it. All I know is that whenever I try to pvp on my dktank, my faction is always getting steamrolled, and even if I get into a group we are always facing 2 or 3 to 1 odds from both sides and can't get a rhythm going to retaliate. Eventually, people split off into splinter groups, and we all get killed separately, and people get discouraged and leave.

>tfw you got all the BSW you needed within two runs

Have every piece in divines now, expect for my gloves in prosperous. Hopefully a few more runs, and my magdk will be set.

But, then my grothdarr. I have head and shoulders, both divines, but both in medium. Do I try and farm for one piece or the other in heavy and hope its also divines, or do I just say fuck it, I'm happy.

I mean, having a piece that's a different type of armor is always nice, since the bonuses only come at 5 pieces and getting 5/1/1 gets you that undaunted bonus.

Yeah, I want that bonus, but do I want it bad enough to go through the undaunted chest RNG hoping for a heavy shoulder in divines while also running vVoM hoping for a grothdarr head in divines, and see which one comes first.

>Eventually, people split off into splinter groups, and we all get killed separately, and people get discouraged and leave.

Yeah. As a StamDK you should aim to do that to your enemy team.

Anyone else here not entirely sure about the 3 teams battlegrounds?
Do you think we'll ever get one team vs another team version?
How about Arenas?

I ain't sure about the entirely expansion. I'll give a try on PTS, if isn't better I just don't buy Morrowind, if it's worse, I just quit.

It probably doesn't help either that I try to go in with mostly my tanking gear on.

Why would you quit when the expansion will be a separate entity from the base game? It's not like WoW that if you don't buy the expansion you just can't level up anymore or continue progressing.

lol
i just ran into the quest with Intimidate

i couldn't not do it

meant for

What was the name of the quest and where do you find it?

i dont remember the name but it's a quest in riften. it unlocks after the initial one where you need to put out some fires.

Great. I'll do it and take the mantle since Slap Her user abandoned us :^)

How do you do the jesters stuff?

youtu.be/ZXsQAXx_ao0?t=6s

tomorrow in front of ebonhardt

>Post in zone chat that I'm selling a master writ
>Its one of the holiday motifs, 100 vouchers
>I include the motif to craft the item and the style material in the offer as a bundle, since it is a holiday event item
>Ask 180k, figure someone would lowball me 170k or so and I'd still go for it
>Get a tell from a random person in zone
>"Um yeah, since that item is a holiday event motif, I can only give you 100k for it"
>Explain that the motif chapter and style material are included in the price
>"Yeah, I already know the motif and have the material, but since its a holiday motif I can still only give you 100k for it. No one will pay more, since its a holiday event motif that they may not have."
>But...I'm including the necessary motif and style material in the price, all they have to do is learn the motif and they can craft it
>"Listen buddy, you're obviously new, so I'll do you a favor and take it off your hands for 100k, no one will pay more for that piece of shit."
>MFW

if you don't want weapons you can just run first boss on vet, which is the ghost before the harvester boss, it drops arcane rings and neck which are named drops (normal rattlecage jewellery is healthy) also drops small pieces so you can pick up a glove and belt then you'll have your 5pc done.

isn't it something like 3k per writ voucher the going rate anyway?

what's with this we just don't know meme?!
it got out of hand quickly.

1-1.5k on PC EU now

1.5k - 2k on PC NA.

Genius takes many forms.

I recommend people play different class to find what they like in pvp, I spend several months on stam sorc then moved on to magplar and it's a day and night difference I'm so much better on it also the class is so great at moving between roles like I can go from solo to group with ease which is great.

In terms of stamdk I'd say check out alcast's burst dk that look pretty nice dirty heavy attack bow and ability cancel combo into gap close and finisher, I mean it's a very hit-and-run build but that what you've got understand about pvp damage builds you'll have to decide what you wanna go for like brawler, hit-run and ganker never mind the types of tank, support and healer roles you can do.

Like on my magplar I've start toying with a def keep build where I stick on vicious death and troll king so I can give heals and buffs to people but I also go full siege and proper lock down any breaches in the walls by pouring oil and other siege, nothing like watching 8 people instagib from double oil drop and VD procs.

is it worth it buying imperials? are they good at anything or just in the middle? i'm considering either dunmer sorcerer or imperial templar
do you need to use two-handed weapons as a templar? i want to throw aedric spears but i prefer one-handed weapons

They're basically the best tanks, but there's several of the normal races that can be close enough that it doesn't matter.

>two handed weapons
In PvE they're suggested for just about no one, they're fine for questing or w/e, but for dungeons anyone who isn't a tank or caster should be rocking dual wield.

Two handers are good for pvp because of their burst, but are outclassed by dual wield for sustained damage in pve. Something to think about for dungeons and such, especially vet modes, but for. Normal shenanigans, they're fine.

Any Class can use anything. No restrictions. Wanna be a Sorcerer who uses Sword and shield and summons monsters? You can do that
Wanna be a literal angel saving the lives of idiot DPSs? You can do that.

I suggest letting your first char being literally whatever you want and then actually useing builds and what not after that.

A lot of the stuff in the games why, where and how are things we just don't know.

what the fuck
i made a DC character a few days ago and another today, and the same kahjiit player i saw on this first day is standing in the exact same spot
for maybe 3 days now

I recently saw 3 players standing near a dolmen and spamming light/heavy attacks constantly. Thought they were just doing it for the fun until I realised they're bots. Also saw 3 600 CP guys in Glenumbra running in a big circle, each one with pets, and attacking mobs with maybe 1 skill. Lmao

There was a faggot in the imperial sewers that was botting earlier today, he got stuck in an indention in the floor that he couldn't walk out of and kept getting killed by scamps, then autoreviving. Over and over again.

this same guy has been trying to sell bloody mara recipes to me and others for 10k for about a week now. it's worth 2k

"idk, how much do you think a rare gold recipe that doesn't drop anymore is?"

same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. I bought 6 of them from some guild stores for less than 5k and started giving them out for free.

dual wield is cool i might do that, is there a bad race for templar? i think altmer look nice but i read they're mage types
i haven't touched pvp yet, still feeling around the starting areas and trying classes, i would probably get crushed
that's basically what i wanted with the game but from what i've read and heard it's more resitrictive than the older games, more MMO/Warcraft so i'm nervous about gimping myself you know?

it really can be absurd at times. when there's millions of players, anything considered rare by the game could hardly be considered so. there are more than enough units of things in existence to get to the players that actually care about them, with plenty left over.

>40 vouchers for an enchanting writ

jackpot.

>is there a bad race for templar?
Not really, race+class is more about the kind of build you run rather than the class itself. For more spellcasty (staves, spamming magical spears and beams of deadly light everywhere) Altmer, Breton and Argonian are good choices, especially since they all make good healers (something magicka templars are really good at) as well. For more fighty (DW, bow, medium armor, etc.) anyone with a bonus to stamina or weapon damage/crit is good, like Redguards, Khajiit, Bosmer, etc. I wouldn't fret over-much about race though, unless you plan on doing hard-mode raids people don't care about super min-maxing and race is something you can get away with not min-maxing outside of raids or PvP.

The only thing really restrictive here is that certain weapons have certain roles and hybrid builds don't really exist (your resource pool determines not only how many times you can cast an ability but also it's damage, so splitting between magicka/stam means you're bad at both). But beyond that it's pretty free wheeling. And even then there's some overlap - stamina builds usually take a couple of their class abilities (which are usually magicka based) if they're ones that are buffs, since the value of a buff isn't dependent on the resource pool, so even in a stamina build using swords and bows 'n shit a sorcerer is still a whirlwind of wind and lightning for example, and some abilities can be morphed once they get enough XP in them - stamina templars still stab motherfuckers with a magic spear because the spear jab skill can be turned into a stamina skill that gives +weapon crit when you stab some poor bastard.

and then I got a provisioning writ for 2 vouchers for a recipe that I don't have and can't easily acquire, nope.

is it worth having an alt that's just for crafting?

how hard are hard mode raids? i don't really have any frame of reference since i haven't done a normal dungeon yet
i guess it doesn't really matter since i haven't even found a guild to hang out with
final question is good/cool loot locked inside raids or can you venture into some mid-high level deep dark cave and find Flame Sword of Flamening?

if you're doing writs yeah.

why is that the reason

CP 160s can handle them easily, the problem is the final boss on hard mode can be a bitch if you don't know the mechanics and the tells. Otherwise, it's really never that hard.

Because why else would you have a crafting alt, rather than getting it on your main? I suppose if you lack the skill points, but skill points are handed out like cheap candy if you do content. Writs also give the majority of rewards for crafting.

>tfw chopping wood in Valenwood and selling it to the merchants

What said. As far as loot, there's some neat cosmetics locked behind raid completion, and there's some BiS sets for DPS and tanks that come out of them but you can manage just fine with other sets, especially for things that aren't those raids.

>and there's some BiS sets for DPS

Well stuff like BSW can be gotten from CoA normal, and that can be run super fast if you know the secret.

>trainwiz hiding out on /tesog/
Don't you know skse64 is out?!

So? None of my mods used SKSE64, and I'm busy devwise with Fallout 4 and Nanosteam.

That's why I said some, not all. Some of the bests sets for stam, like Vicious Ophidian only come out of a trial.

I don't know what any of these acronyms mean

How do I craft good gear? Everything I make is worse than what I could get in dungeons

vampires are dumb

BiS = best in slot
BSW = burning spellweave, a really good set for firebased magicka characters
CoA = city of ash, which is one of the few dungeons that you can go through on a mount and also avoid all the non-boss enemies, making it able to be sped through easily.

are you crafting sets? do you use the level-appropriate amount of mats? do you enchant? do you improve to purple? do you choose a useful trait?

uesp.net/wiki/Online:Craftable_Sets

tl;dr:
mag: 3 torug, 5 julianos
stam: 3/4 night mother's gaze, 5 hunding

is there a gear requirement like in other mmos or will a properly skilled character with their stat maxed (magicka for mages etc) pull through? i guess i'll have to check a wiki for tactics or whatever
by other sets you mean normal group dungeons right? or things i craft? also i saw some of the dlc was Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild, are they like in Oblivion and Skyrim or is it group quests and dungeons/raids? are they worth it? is any dlc worth it?

>is there a gear requirement like in other mmos

Yes, sets are important in this game, and where much of your endgame power comes from

>you mean normal group dungeons right? or things i craft?
A bit of both, some builds do best with drops (magicka builds typically use drops from a specific dungeon for DPS roles) while others' easy to get and good setup is crafted gear - a lot of time if stam players can't or won't do trials they'll utilize a crafted set instead.

Orsinium DLC is awesome, the area is huge and there are tons of quests. The thieves guild and DB are also goo, self contained areas with some good perks for outsid eof it from their respective skill lines. The imperial city DLC is fun if you like PvP. The shadow of the hist stuff can wait, the dungeons are generally better when you are in the upper 40's at the minimum, just due to tougher mechanics and the extra abilities that you have access to make it much more doable.

so grinding instances or specific crafting is important? well i guess that's the mmo portion of it
might grab imperial race and orsinium then

What material should I use once I get to 50 so I don't immediately replace my gear that I craft? I want to upgrade and keep the gear for a good while not instantly replace it with a blue I found

Yeah, grinding can be a bit of an issue. For example, for my magicka DK that uses mostly fire attacks, burning spellweave is the best armor that you can get, since the 5 piece set bonus procs off of fire attacks. It drops out of a dungeon, and it might take a fair few runs to get all of the pieces. Then, it might takes longer to get the pieces in the trait that you want.

So, typical MMO stuff.

I just came back from a break. Are stam sorcs still worth playing or not?

When you hit the CP ranks, your gear won't scale as hard as it did when you were below level 50. For example, below 50, you might be able to rock a green weapon or armor piece for 5 levels, or a blue armor piece for 7 or 8 without seeing too much of a degradation in the protection/damage. In the CP levels, after 5 - 10 champ points, you'll see an appreciable difference in effectiveness of gear. You'll gain champ points much faster than regular levels, so don't sweat it too much. Just keep on keeping on, replace gear with quest/dungeon/overworld drops, and enjoy. Once you hit CP 160 and gear stops scaling, then you can worry about sets and such.

Stam sorcs are pretty strong right now, maybe not the highest of the absolute best case scenario minmax damage numbers, but they are in a very good place.

i want the drunk personality for my breton so bad
but i dont want to spend money on a sub

that means they win

What do I do once I hit 50 to make sure I don't screw myself? I know the research ones but what else

Actually I'm not sure which to research. Some seem good but I hear theres soft caps

LETS SHARE A NICE BOTTLE OF TAWNY PORT muthsera

I'd research training, divines, infused, impenetrable, and maybe sturdy first. After that, as you get them. Making training armor is good for when you want to level alts, divines and infused are good traits for many classes, and impen is for PvP.

Has the AMD flickering grass bug been fixed yet?

CROWN SALES WHEN

I would suspect some during the Jesters festival, my dear friend.

>not arena holding a gun to schlick's head
LMAO

I got stuck on some environment here, is there anyway to get out of this without paying to wayshrine?
I see a chest in the distance and I would like to get that.

can templars tank just as well as dragonknights? if so should I go mag or stam

type /stuck in chat

Nope. Sort of glad I'm not the only one having it, I suspected my gpu was dying.

>still have to pay despite being stuck in a developer error
wow, oh well it's only 83 gold but still.

Widespread issue.