Tfw 25 years old and no license

>tfw 25 years old and no license
>have permit but literally scared to drive

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WU_wnOYKkA8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

where do you live?

>literally scared to drive
Then you shouldn't be on the road anyway. Thanks for doing the world a favor.

california

i assume everyone was scared before they started driving right

california is huge, that doesn't really help
if you're in the middle of the LA or Bay Area good luck, those places suck to drive in
pretty much anywhere else just get over it and go drive when there's little traffic

The worst that could happen is that you die, no big deal m8.

Yeah I'm in the bay area

A friend taught me how to drive late night around 1-4am, you should do that to get comfortable.
If you're that scared just pay an instructor.

It's not that bad once you get started, even in the bay. Or at least when it's not crowded out there. Soon you'll get good and can show up to the norcal meets

all everyone does is complain about the traffic i nthe bay area lol

I was in your shoes a few years ago, want to know what is in the future for you? The anxiety will diminish slowly over time and the frustration and rage at shitty drivers on the road will increase.

The more time you spend on the road, the more comfortable you will be.

This is provided that you yourself are not a shitty driver or retard.

Trust me I know, I can't stand that shit. The hours I've spent stopped on 680 or 880. But depending on where you are its probably clear at night, so give it a shot. I believe in you user

>>tfw 25 years old and no license
bus rider detected

it's just about getting used to it, but you never will until you take the plunge.

I live in NY. Suburb NY, but still NY.

I didn't drive when I got my license because I didnt have a car to practice with- dad took it to work. But I would occasionally drive locally and it helps.

once i got my own car however, I started driving more and finding excuses to do so.

I was scared to drive on the highway, but I realized I wouldn't learn unless I did it so i just went in cold and took the car to work by highway, and now it's like second nature.

Still haven't gone to the city proper, or beyond my county, but thats more a fear of my own horrible sense of direction

>Still haven't gone to the city proper, or beyond my county, but thats more a fear of my own horrible sense of direction
>or beyond my county

How? I'm not trying to be insulting or anything, but the idea of someone never having left the county in which they were born after getting their driver's license just seems absurd.

Buy a shitbox off of Craigslist. Some cheap, $250, $450 2002 Kia or something. This way, you won't car if it gets damaged. Go driving early in the morning- between one and four works best. There aren't many people out, so you should be good. Start with the side roads and such if you want to. At some point, though, you have to take the interstate. You'll acclimatize. We're all gonna make it.

See a therapist

No shit dumbass?

nah i dont ride the bus. i use a combination of uber, my road bike and the subway system

haven't needed to. I went to the airport once though.

>i assume everyone was scared before they started driving right

Yeah and that's why there's so many fuckheads on the road. I was out of the womb and ready to drive. If you're afraid you definitely shouldn't be on the road because you WILL get somebody killed eventually. A car is way the fuck more dangerous than a gun.

it's a meme you dip

Is this you Andrew?

Anyway I'm also in the bay, I live in Fremont. Go to a tech park on the weekend when it's empty(I go to one near Dumbarton bridge) and just practice parking and driving there.

Parking is frustrating but you'll get it eventually. Make sure you bring some cones to practice parallel parking.

wrong
the worst that could happen is you kill somebody else, don't die yourself, and have to pay their family for the rest of your life because of bullshit legal systems

did he died

also

[spoiler]more[/spoiler]

probably

you should be scared to drive. it's very dangerous. I have been driving forever and only recently thought about how easy it would be for something to fuck up on a 2 lane road and have a car crash into you head on at full speed in a split second

>he

The 25 year old driver was in coma after fracturing her 2 upper cervical vertebrae . She remained in a coma for some weeks but got out and has gone through a remarkable recovery.

no you should not be

OP I was scared of driving until I practiced
its easy as fuck and can actually be fun with the right car

im just so nervous to even practice...

This. One split second not paying attention could cost you your life. The bad part is you don't even need to be the one who fucks up, it only takes someone else doing something retarded at the wrong moment to cause a crash. Driving is by far the most dangerous thing anyone will do in their lives, it's incredible so many people are blase about it despite the fact 100x as many people die from car crashes compared to airplane crashes every year

i dont get this are you guys trolling to scare the shit out of me even more or are you being serious

because honestly exactly what you said is why i'm scared of driving. when i'm a passenger in a car i always get scared driving alongside another car thinking we are mere inches from each other and will run into each other. on a winding road i think a car will fly around and smash us head on. shit like that

maybe the problem is that i just cant turn that part of my brain off that everyone else can and become "blase" about driving?

youtube.com/watch?v=WU_wnOYKkA8

Enjoy. You see these fucks on the road every single day.

considering this is the board about cars, i feel like you're just trying to keep showing me crashes to deter me even more from driving.

if this is legit though, do hyou not feel the same fear when you drive? i just hate the fact that these kids 8-10 years younger than me can drive with no problems yet here i sit with this fear

>Australia
Yeah no shit, everybody is a shit driver in Australia.

>tfw you can't deny it

Use that fear and turn it into a skill. Become a confident defensive driver who's ready for any situation.

It's easy, you have to open your 3rd eye.

Yeah, this is part of defensive driving and being able to predict what other people are going to do
Scared of driving next to another car and them driving into you? Speed up or slow down so you aren't potentially in their blind spot

>i assume everyone was scared before they started driving right
no. 99% of the population in australia is keen as fuck to get their L's

nervous != scared

>california
booohoo

lives to rear end another day

>i just hate the fact that these kids 8-10 years younger than me can drive with no problems

Young people think they are invincible and inexperienced drivers are by far the most likely to crash. Just because they are carefree doesn't mean they are wise or brave -- just stupid and reckless.

maybe he is scared.
keep off the roads.

My name isn't Andrew, Carlos.

I was afraid to drive at first. I think most people are, if they are even remotely intelligent. I got over it quickly and now almost 8 years later drive a 500 hp sportscar. Have never been in an accident or gotten a ticket despite the fact that I like to go fast.

If you don't have at least a little fear while driving then you're either reckless or just dumb.

im scared of other drivers and the stupid shit they do. Sometimes i think back to the near misses and imagine what would happen if it wasnt a near miss, thinking of your friends/family being hurt can be pretty scary.

but when im actually driving im mostly bored.

If you're scared don't go into traffic right away, you could get nervous and hurt yourself or others. Go with a mature adult who knows how to drive and practise slowly and safel driving on some deserted backroads. keep doing this until you are ready for some light traffic. Onc eyou are used to that you can graduate to denser traffic. Just remember to follow ALL the rules you were taught in drivers ed - they exist for a reason. It's all about taking little steps so you can be as confident and safe as possible.

"Death smiles at us all, but all a man can do is smile back." – Marcus Aurelius

same, i get myself into combat mode whenever im driving. fuck those people who force their way into your lane

really gets the noggin joggin

buy a first generation MR2
its a great starter car.

>my road bike
You use a bike but you are scared to drive a car ? For real ?