/grwg/ - Ghost Recon Wildlands General

Don't press the button edition

Ye olde: >Task Forces for GR Wildlands
PS4 ghostreconnetwork.ubi.com/en-GB/task-force/profile/19847/General-PS4-Task-Force
PC ghostreconnetwork.ubi.com/en-US/task-force/profile/39671/Ghost-Recon-Wildlands-General

PS4 players should also join our open "GRWG VG Community".
From there we'll invite you to chat, where it's easier to organize play sessions.

Discord
discord.gg/mG7Sjcu

>Main Site
ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/wildlands/en-us/home/

>Launch Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=6dL9swgpYgM

>Planned DLC with confirmed free PvP 4x4 mode.
youtube.com/watch?v=OquwR23bt1Q

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rr2rJiT7nC4
youtu.be/mhubWuCPqVk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>patch update
>nothing about changing the look of ai ghosts
Come on now.

Cosplay best-play

>ökenkammo
For helvede, Sverige.

>mfw ubianon working on grw for a year now & stalking /grwg/ instead of working

Should've been a guest character.

daily reminder that holt is best husbando

If that's true, glad Ubi learned it's fucking lesson from The Division. Now they have a game they can whore out like they wanted to all along.

One thing id like to bring up: Being able to color parts of the guns in higher detail or "lock in" an amount of wear on your guns would be nice. The rebels have a camo stock, otherwise black AK and one of the unique weapons is a tan furniture M4. I want to be able to do stuff like that, you know? Also, normal variants of uniques that don't have them, ability to mix and match more gear from costumes, able to blouse boots, fix the dragunov sight alignment when using a female character and the Russian high magnification scope (currently shoots far right), make LMGs less of a bullet hose, tighten shotgun spread, and finally make barrel length change gas position as relevant as well as adjust furniture to match (such as turning the M4 into an M16 with the longer barrel, rifle length gas and handguard).

Please, that is.

Repeating for new thread.
Guys, hear me out.
What if this game got, as a separate mode, a Battle Royale mode?
Think about it, the game has everything you need for that. Tons of guns and mods for them, parachutes, mortar strikes, different armor to pick up and clothes. Obviously this would benefit from a big player count and dedicated server, but we can still make it work with 8 playes (8 players confirmed for PvP).
You could start in jeans and a wife beater. Pick up backpacks for storing ammo and clothes, or special backpacks that would let you use drone for example.
Think about it. This could work.
Every province has its own biome and the game could rotate between, so it feels fresh most of the time.
PC Bros are probably tired of this BR modifications for several games, but console players still don't have anything like that, other than maybe ARK (which is about long-term survival and not quick half hour sessions with battle area getting smaller with time, forcing everyone to the middle). Correct me if I'm wrong?
What do you think? Could this work? Do we need this?

Loving the game. Thanks.

Post technology or cool mechanics.
>you can shot off locks to cages from a distance

Also, wooden furniture would be fantastic as would the ability to color the furniture alone as stated previously. Maybe for uniques, under paint, have an option to remove the "bling."

Sorry if I come across as demanding or whiny, but I strongly feel that these would be significant improvements. Also I saw in the patch notes that you're fixing places where players can get stuck. I have a video of a place that I'll post later for the next patch.

Yeah but what's his take on the cartel using the quinoa processing plant to smuggle coke?

God I'm fucking sick of hearing that line.

Wow, thanks guys

Sad part is I'm no position to influence this kind of content, i can maybe report the small stuff as bugs : not sure it'll deemed important enough to be fixed.

For wooden furniture & other customization like that, maybe in the post launch stuff. not sure, haven't looked at the data yet. And even if I knew, I wouldn't say : kinda want to keep my job, you know ?

Feels nice to see people having fun on it :)

Also custom patches for Task Forces would be great. As would the capability of having identically named ones. I have upwards of ten friends that want to add ourselves to a task force with a certain name and there's two Aussie cunts that snagged it and then stopped playing the game after 3 hours until now. We don't want to play with them, either, or associate ourselves with them.

The new patch notes had an option to turn off all radios which is great but... there wasn't any note about the missing buttstocks. Wtf Ubisoft???

Separation of enemy markers and waypoints/pickup icons when?
Ability to hide spotted enemy icons on the minimap when?

Being able to reset your playstyle stats would be nice, too, or to benefit from your playstyle to have it matter somehow. Overwatch people doing more damage on NPCs targeting teammates for example, or Raiders getting higher bullet resistance when sprinting, Rangers having a harder time being detected by enemies when 100m away, just spitballing. Some way for your perks to be influenced by your playstyle and for the perks to have tiers based on severity of entrenchment within that rank or duration within it. Some way for the building of a balanced fire team to have factors of consideration besides "this cunt gets caught a lot."

>using ABU when it's clearly UCP olga is wearing

one job tyrone. one job

This is a Ghost Recon game or at least it's supposed to be. I'd rather see it stick with semi-realistic military story and not see it become another King of the Kill clone. So no thanks.

Shagohod, hybrid screw propelled vehicle designed by Nikolai Stepanovich Sokolov to serve as a mobile nuclear ballistic missile system.

When will modders create MGS6 in Wildlands?

I have always wished for shit like this in games.

For example handling should be a stat dependent on your use of the weapon. A "familiarity" level if you will. It only makes perfect sense that the more you use a weapon the more proficient you become with it

Just an optional mode. It would keep the community fresh and push Ubi to keep developing stuff for the game. Even if you yourself won't use this mode, you could still reap the benefits of having it in the game. Cosmetics, guns, maybe vehicles, etc.

I know, I'm just stating that I wouldn't be interested in playing such a mode.

And I really don't want to see this game take a GTA Online-turn, where they essentially abandon all single player content for the sake of weak multiplayer.

We're Elite operators, we already have the best handling for each gun.

great game, couldve been better but you can see it has ubisoft branding all over it.
surprising amount of soul for a product.
if overall gun accuracy (factual not aiming kind) was better it would be great.

Anyone on PS4 wanna do things?

PSN: Awesomeness-x

It's urban tiger. It only looks like ucp because of the ps2 hardware.

Literally a bolivian outer op, Katari 26 is basically FSLN.

favorite weapons should get unique animations such as charging in AK 47 with the offhand going under and keeping muzzle on target.

no more cocaine, only dreams.

>unavailable
What did they mean by this?

By default only friends can join. You have to send a request to join or invite them.

>play as a combination of overwatch and raider
>designated a ranger

How the fuck

You're rarely caught and your engagement range is on average greater than 50m, I think is how that one goes. Also you kill marked enemies mostly.

Lol we don't though

I would be cool with that but I think it would be a bit shoe horned in for some weapons and mildly impossible for others

How could you even make a realistic snazzy reload for belt fed lmgs?

>no Karen Bowman edit with Midas, Holt, and Weaver

Forgot pic

The game will still send a join request even if it says unavailable?
Do you receive a message you have to confirm or something?

Seems fair, not having random people dropping in all the time.

Yes

Just faster, if they switch hands they no longer do, less runaway when firing full auto or the same amount but less erratic. Ironsights should also be more indicative of where the shot will go instead of being the center of a now-gigantic fucking cone. You should be able to use an LMG for suppression, not literal spray and pray, and you should be able to use it by "walking" the rope of bullets into the enemy's position to shred their cover or if, say, they're in a cave or those mines or something, blast the fuck out of the ceiling and rain shrapnel on those cunts. Turn them into hamburger with indirect fire. As it is, the LMGs are a joke, but Ubi seems to be listening to people so there's hope. Some SMGs and PDWs have this problem too, like the MP7 turning into a cone. It's like Call of Duty shotguns one pellet at a time for god's sake.

are these missions available yet

>try luck with random matchmaking
>join a lone guy's game
>he asks if any new missikons were added in the patch
>nah m8, just bug fixes
>oh okay
>leaves the game
The transition to continue the game solo was pretty neat but then
>joining another match in 10 seconds
>who the hell told you to do that
>get ported to 3 guys in a desert camp
>oh look a weapons case
>it's the fucking .50 cal sniper
Thanks for spoiling everything, faggots

Maybe by march 31 as the text says.

how do I start a new character?

>In addition to that, following the community feedback we received, we have implemented the option to turn off the radios in the game by default, as well as the option to choose the type of vehicle you want to spawn when using the “Drop Vehicle” rebel skill. Now you should have even more tactical options to plan and execute your missions.

FINALLY

lol nvm just did it

I'd just wish they let us drop the buggy, what with how much they love showing it off.

>pm'd you the fix :^)

Who was in charge of designing the driving physics and why does he still have a fucking job?

Well that is pretty spot on, and answers my question. However it brings up another.

How the fuck is 50m considered the threshold for long range?

I've actually been pretty lucky with public lobbies. I've gotten into quite a few games with guys who were communicative and willing to cooperate, and I've even added a few to my friends list

>pug match making

You did it to yourself

Real patch notes
>you can now edit the appearance and weapon loadout of your three ai ghost buddies
>you can now sit in the passenger seat of a vehicle and have your ai buddies drive you to a marked location on the map
>vehicles now handle like normally
>option to choose how many of your ai ghost buddies you want to bring in solo
>new game+ added
>new difficulty settings determining which weapons will be available to use

Highest difficulty: you're only allowed to use that one gun made from spare submarine parts

>the cigar causes smoke between the camera and the scope
Neat.

New AI companions.
A horse you can't ride, a wolf that howls at the worst possible times, a scantly clad lady with a sniper rifle that never acquires her target for a sync shot and a walking robot that only go uphill.

dont fuck with me boy

>play a female ghost
>go prone
>look to the side
>he ass gets all up in the camera
>could it be you're craving my mcnuggies?
This fucking game.

Fuck I don't have his name. But let's just say the whole dev team is agreeing with you. Cannot say more.

Yeah, you can feel that some of the design choices *cough cough* open world with nothing do to, collectibles and fuckload of repetitive secondary missions *cough* are here because its """ubisoft standard""" and not because it was deemed a good choice.

Is there a way to keep 3rd person aiming with everything but sniper rifles?

Lynch him for me. I'll donate a 50 gallon oil drum and some caustic soda for you.

There's an option to set aiming mode on a per-weapon basis

Saw that but the text didn't make any sense to me. Does it mean the first weapon slot will be 1st person and the two other 3rd?

When you aim with a weapon you can press a button to stay third person instead of sight in

That's cool, giving that a try next time.
Do you know what button it is?

It means that aiming mode is set on a per-weapon basis. If i have an M4 and want it 1st person, then it will stay 1st person until i switch it myself. If i switch to an AUG in the same slot as the M4, the AUG will have whatever mode it was in last.

its in the goddamn settings man

Just toggle it manually. It shouldn't reset to first person unless you change something in your loadout

sorry about ya ballz

>can't suppress machine pistols

Which one of you chucklefucks thought that was ok?

We all know the real question is which chucklefuck did this?

I die a fk ton to Mac11 ninjas. Surprised I got Overwatch though.

Finding people to play with is a bitch. >_>

>finally blow enough alarms to get overwatch
Thank fucking God.

It's not alarms, it's killing enemies in an alerted posture including suspicious. I think. Maybe that dev could chime in. A lot of my kills are people that are about to holler out and alert the base to whatever person I'm guarding.

>bin it off the bike
>die

lel

I deleted my Big Boss/Regular MSF character, apparently. All I could make were Morpho and Miller, which also share a character.

inb4 Chico and Paz sharing a character slot

how do I parachute off a cliff?

I fell off of that huge tall rock with the scouting mission.

I couldnt deploy the chute and I don't get a prompt to do it if I stand near an edge.

Sprint to the edge and MASH X

on PC?

Sorry, PS4. I suppose mash whatever button comes up when you're nearing the edge, might die the first time but you'll get it the second. I suppose it'd likely be the same one that normally deploys the chute.

Sprint off the proper cliff or so then when your character is in the proper skydiving animation, hit whatever coincides as your normal parachute button.

I'm still disappointed that we didn't get a proper M16.

Me, too. The area is so open that an M16 would be better. Could've had a unique one that's an A1 with the regular being an A3-style. Short barrel is an M4 barrel, "Short" stock is a Sully Stock, "Marksman" is a UBR, "Collapsible" is an M4 collapsible, handguard is a Magpul MOE for the A3-style, M203 on the M16 turns the handguard into that M203-specific one.

That's how I'd do it. Or, at least, something like it. That's just off the top of my head.

There's a ridiculous potential for DLC that contains weapons, but they keep releasing this faggoty fucking blinged out trash. I get having Cartel members, unprofessional pieces of shit, have tacky shitty guns but Jesus man. If it's gonna cost real money, please give us guns worth getting. You'll have so many more customers, especially with them being highly customizable.

So, is everyone in the taskforce offline, or is my game fucked up?

How do I join because I requested and never got in.

yeah i'm playing right now, must be bugged

Yeah, everyone just appears as offline and restarting didn't help
Don't even know what could cause it.

Altitude

Did they actually have altitude effect anything like the higher you go the less time you have to sprint or some shit?

WHEN AM I GONNA HAVE THE ABILITY TO UNEQUIP BACKPACKS, UBISOFT?

MY GHILLIE SUIT LOOKS RETARDED WITH EVEN A CAMELBACK

There is less oxygen to breathe as you go up. That's why before HALO/HAHO jumps, guys suck on 30 minutes of pure oxygen. Not to mention the tank of oxygen they have on their back during the jump.

They need to allow us to unequip any kind of clothing.
Going commando when.

And now it
Just
Werks

>check patch notes
>nothing about drone/binocular disabled bug
>nothing about horseshit p2p host client desynch
>nothing about 3 round burst
>nothing about weapon/optic pairing bugs
>nothing about vehicle spawn location
>nothing about chain link fence penetration

Fucking kidding me? Oh now you can turn off the radio! Get fucked ubishit this patch is superficial as fuck

Why does Ubisoft allow us to change loadout everywhere? I can use silenced sniper everywhere but whenever I see a helicopter I can just change it to the one which insta kills a helicopter and go back to silent action again. I can also change my beard length on the fly and clothing too. Why??? I thought the fucking ammo crates at least would work as only places to do that.

Also, is SMAA better than the default Temporal AA? I don't see much difference except maybe bit less fringing when I use SMAA...

use some self-control, restrain yourself from cheesing the shit out of this game

I agree with you, but if you don't like doing it, then don't do it.
It's okay a little autistic.
Now, who wants to operate operationally?

3 Round Burst should be able to rock-and-roll if you pull the trigger quickly.

This is what I expected it to be like.

youtube.com/watch?v=rr2rJiT7nC4

Not janky bullshit that causes artificial delay that WILL get you killed. I never fucking understand why anyone would do that. It seems like Ubisoft got some guys that know guns really well, then every once in a while just decide not to fucking listen and do some gay "Videogame! (tm)" bullshit.

Post music you listen to while operating operationally on operations with operators.

youtu.be/mhubWuCPqVk

did the performance issues from the beta get ironed out on release? I'm on the fence about buying this game right now but I might get it if it doesn't perform as badly as the beta