What does Veeky Forums think of the Lexus IS250 RWD manual?

What does Veeky Forums think of the Lexus IS250 RWD manual?

Around 200hp, 30 hwy mpg, comfy, under $10k. It'd mainly be a luxury commuter. Maybe a little fun on the weekends, but obviously not a track beast.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iddmtDSydO4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I am gay man

gay as fuck and expensive to repair

>not a track beast

not a track anything

No personal experience but anyone who has written a review says it's boring, not quick enough to be sporty

>lexus
>expensive to repair

IS250 is a decent and reliable car but I'd just get a first gen IS300 instead.

I really don't mind that it's underpowered.

I mostly want it for my monthly road trips (1400 round trip) with a little comfort and acceptable mpg.

Believe it or not, they are expensive to fix ..they just don't break as often as bmws or mercedes

Well then you should be good to go bro, since it's Toyota it'll last, and Lexus is mad comfy

Get a 6spd Acura TSX. Way more fun than a slow ass IS250

Or get an IS350. Those move great

>Not getting the 350

get a 350 or get a different car.

>Believe it or not,
I don't.

The parts are expensive because there isnt any aftermarket parts for lexus parts and there isnt a huge market for them. You probably wouldn't notice or care anyway, since they are probably one of the most reliable car brands and you should rarely worry about parts breaking.

I was thinking about the same thing for my next car. There's not really any other options if you want a RWD, manual and 200 hp sedan but don't want a 3 series like everyone else and their mother. Too bad the new ones don't come with a stick.

I absolutely love Toyota and Lexus
But here's the truth about the IS250

Last Lexus car to ever come in manual.
Very comfy but the interior design is quite basic.
Exterior design is a bit bland but very well put, looks nice but not worth commenting on.
The 2.5 V6 sounds nice but is extremely under powered ( a common theme with post 2000 Lexus, with exception of F cars )
Gets decent MPG, rear room is good and so is trunk space. For the specs on the sheet, it doesn't offer much but is a good car if you want something that's very reliable and comfy.
For a fun car, well it handles decently, if you're not power hungry then you'll enjoy this car.
However, if you're into high speed highway driving you'll notice a lack in power.
Going around the twisties? Sure that's fun but the issue is it's quite heavy (that's why it needs more power)

It's an okay car, doesn't excel at anything except reliability and comfort.

If you're looking for power, get the 350 then, downside it doesn't come in manual.
350 will allow you to have fun on the highway and on the small roads.

Friend picked up an ISF Sport 250 last year.
Lovely car and the sport details really make the car look decent, but it IS expensive as fuck when anything goes wrong.

I'm not going to disagree with you, but I'd urge OP to look at some parts prices before he buys. I can see Lexus parts being expensive for, say, an RX-whatever or an F-line car, but the IS was sold in Japan as the Altezza, and I think it was pretty competitive in the EU as well (or maybe just the UK, I'm not sure).

I have an SC300, and I can always find parts easily and for relatively cheap. Trim pieces are hit or miss due to age, but the fact that there's a tuner community for these and the fact that they sold all over the world makes for some pretty solid parts distributors. You just have to look around a little.

And the IS250 used a 2JZ motor, didn't it? Those were obviously very common, so parts aren't so hard to come by.

Just my two cents.

My mistake, the 250 came with GR or UR-platform V6 motors. The IS200 came with the 2JZ. I guess I'd assume the IS200 would be cheap and easy to repair, but who knows if OP wants to do for something that old.

They're nice. And if you're not going on the highway regularly, they're fine. The 2.5L feels pretty anemic for the car, so if you test drive one, take up an on-ramp and try to pass a semi to see what I'm talking about.

this is the only guy you should listen to. I have a 2006 is250 auto and agree with everything he says.

for a heavy-slow car I think mine at least sounds ok

youtube.com/watch?v=iddmtDSydO4