Been driving for Uber in Melbourne, straya

>been driving for Uber in Melbourne, straya
>first week went ok, got about $370 for driving a few nights on the weekend
>hear I gotta get an ABN and start paying GST as well as the 20% Uber jews out of every trip
>also hear online I should change my car insurance policy to cover ride sharing
>be with Coles insurance, full comp
>ring them up, ask if they cover ridesharing
>they say no, and I have 14 days to find another insurer that covers ride sharing

What the fuck m8s. Any of you m8s do this/have driven for Uber in Melbourne?

bump

In the US, Uber insures you while you have a fare. Are you sure you aren't covered already?

Why did you tell Coles you were doing Uber? Should have just said you were thinking about it.

Did you actually tell your insurer that you were doing uber?

You should never tell an insurance company that you have done something, just tell them that you're thinking of it and want to question them over it.

taxifag here.

OP, uber are fucking shit.

Yeah, I told them. As soon as I said it she said they'll give me 14 days to find a new insurer and they'll be canceling my policy at that time. I was like aye hol' up, I just paid for this insurance, I'll have to think about it and that was it. I'm honestly thinking just to fuck it off, I'd have to get another insurance policy, get an abn and start paying gst, keep records of all my trips, fuel receipts, and all the other shit. It's not worth my time desu m80s

taxifag here again you dont have to pay any of that.

Uber is legit shit

You're right in that I don't HAVE to pay any of it, but fuck getting caught by the ATO, fuck Uber.

with jews you lose.

Uber was only decent for early adopters.

as existing transportation entities, unions, and laws trained their sites on ride sharing, its costs have gone up for drivers and users without any real except, just a question of how fast.

its not much longer before the Uber train has been officially 'missed' for the rest of us.

its like Napster all over again.

But not while on your way to a fare. If you get into an accident then, your insurance will not cover you and neither will Uber.

Oh buddy, that's harsh shit from them. Shop around asap before they fuck you BEFORE 14 days. Good luck to you.

Australia fucked it, in the process of trying to protect outdated and overpriced services (taxis) they fucked the 'innovators' (if you could call it that) that brought it to Australia by charging 10% to the taxi companies, plus added shit

you didnt see the aus gov taxing netflix and other streaming sites because it was damaging to video rental stores

if i could uber my $500 camry shitbox i would, i essentially already do being a p plater doing lifts for money,

aami lets you rideshare, im not with them but i remember that being an option in what the car is used for.

Fuck Uber blame them for treating their drivers like shit by paying them shit

>tfw 2 door shitbox so no uber monies

That's what you get for driving for uber you dumbass

Then you're driving regularly you massive cunt. What kind of logic?

literally start your own taxi. no commission to anyone and work your own hours
>mfw you're getting cucked by the most cucked state with the most cucked politicians inside the most cucked city in australia whilst getting fucked by Apex gang then cucking the whites around because muh immigration somehow means automatic citizenship

I've talked to a few Uber drivers and most of them are only making about $10 an hour. They say it's only worthwhile doing it in your spare time if you're bored and want to make a few extra bucks. Doing it as an actual part/full-time job is retarded, it's just not worthwhile for all the effort involved.

No, because to the insurance you are using your car commercially. Unless you have commercial insurance they will not cover you.