Can we get a bimmer thread going?

Can we get a bimmer thread going?

I'm picking up my z4 tomorrow and I am super hyped.

Other urls found in this thread:

openlabs.co/projects/Tiny-ADS-Interface
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I like your post number

Thanks

>them digits
Palindrome like a motherfucker! My autism approves!

year?
engine?
auto/manual?

e36 bro

nice, heres mine

>3 series

Noice

Damn, OP. Then digits. Looks like it's gonna be a good car. Good luck and have fun.

Nothing wrong with 3 series, personally prefer 7's and have never owned a 3 series, but they cool.
It's thenew 2 series FWD shitbox that is cringe as fuck. Mark my fucking words, this is the beginning of the end for BMW

Shit, I got a Z4MR. What are you getting, pic related obv.

Dubs and OP dies in this car

Well he survived, if dubs OP dies on his way to pick up the car

If dubs OP will become a happy new BMW owner with many trouble free miles ahead. His cooling is also just overhauled

Well, better cry in a BMW than smile on a bus

If dubs, OP will fatally crash he bmw in the next week

If dubs OP will live happily ever after with his nice BMW

there will be no dubs in this thread.

gl user

im on a similar boat

might pick up an 850i soon.
so sexy.

Grats on your new car, report back if it becomes a maintainance meme machine
Did you get a Vin check for maintenance/ repairs?

Those things are expensive even in yurop, a 850CSi is E63 6 series money.
I'll own a nice 850 someday though, I sware bi me mum

850Ci is E63 money
850CSi is used M5 F10 money in Europe

>z4
You know what needs to be done.

Welcome to the BMW club senpai

Eh, a decent 645 is about 15k here, 850iA is about 12k. A 850CSi manual is 20 grands and upwards.

the cheapest 850CSi I could find in Germany costs 49.000 euros
a decent 850i/850ci does cost sub 20k

Where are you guys during the BMW threads?

S54 nukka. git gud.

I konda wanna move to Germany

Usually in the threads. T.phoneposter

It's nice to at least get some semblance of a photographic rollcount though.

Not at home to take a pic but I've got a 1991 e36, 2.5L non vanos sedan.

Not that I'd post a picture anyway, it's a true shitbox and needs a ton of metal work.

I want to get a bimmer as my first car, but I am a poorfag since I'm a uni student who also owns a bike

what should I get? should I even get one? I am not sure about the costs.
I am not a badge whore, I would be happy with a civic for example, but try getting a cheap eg5 in Germany or any other nipponese car that is somewhat fun
it seems like used bimmers are the cheapest enthusiast cars available in Germoney, or am I wrong? is maintenance really that expensive or is it just muricans sperging?
I don't need a car for practicality, I just want to drive for fun as long as I am young, so it is either a fun car or no car at all

is the bodykit stock (m sport)?

It's mostly just muricans being stupid as fuck, thinking a 750 is the same thing as an ancient 300d Benz and that it will run forever with zero maintenance because GERMAN ENGINEERING IT'S SUPPOSED TO LAST.
E36's with the M50 are reliable, easy to work on and cheap to maintain. Aside for the cooling, they're sturdy engines and go half a million kilometres easily with just basic maintenance.

NIce, I wanted one but my wife said no becasue 2 seats. Got a 1 instead.

that's what I thought, I can't imagine that maintenance is more expensive than on a jap shitbox since we have so many parts available in Germoney and Honda parts for example need to be imported etc.

can you recommend me a model? I was looking at the e36 325, I would prefer an e46 for safety, but they are probably more expensive

I look forward to tomorrow's thread! Here's my bimmer

>tfw you need to wash your car and take new pictures, because you've been posting the same 2 or 3 pictures on Veeky Forums since they are the only ones with your new wheels

I recommend the e46. Fantastic all around car that isn't going to try to rape your wallet every time you turn it on.

how do you speak so openly on what your wife told you to do?
i would be too ashamed to admit that
>captcha: select all pictures with cars

E36 and E46 are somewhat similar, the E46 being more luxurious because it's never, but the E36 technically being more reliable because it's simpler and has less features. E36's are also lighter if I remember right.
One feature I did not like in the E36 was the frameless windows.

Skirts look like bog standard non-M.
Front is M with an added lip, I'd say.
Can't say dick about the back, though from what I see it looks to be non m as well.

>gf never was much of a gear head
>Drove a Corolla once
>Subtly influenced her to like classic BMWs
>Now wants an e34, preferably with turbo for dat fire spitting anti lag.

this post number has enticed me to contribute
sorry it's a reaction image but here you go

If dubs his BMW will be stolen and his dog will be shot

Frameless windows are a coupe thing though.

Get an e36 325 from before 1992, if you can.
They have the sought after non-vanos engine.

I'm not saying vanos will fuck you up, but it's 1 less potential problem, plus some internal components are sturdier, as is the block itself.

t. Happy owner of 325i NV sedan.

Oh by the way, if you'd like, I can help you with getting full diagnostics software, it'll let you read literally everything from every electrical component.

>you could have bought a E30 M3 long before the piece bubble

Haunts me all the time

Price*

If dubs dubs poster gets shot

What the fuck happened to the euro car market? Everything tripled overnight.

>I recommend the e46. Fantastic all around car that isn't going to try to rape your wallet every time you turn it on.
so is it more expensive than the e36? I actually like the e36 more, but MUH SAFETY
having one potential problem less sounds good to me
if you are from Germanistan too, what did you pay?
>Oh by the way, if you'd like, I can help you with getting full diagnostics software, it'll let you read literally everything from every electrical component.
thanks, I am not buying a bimmer yet tho
but when I do, where can I find it?

Nah I'm not from Germany, I'm your western neighbour.

The software for simple diagnostic is called INPA, loads of info on that on the net.

The deeper stuff is called GT1 and DIS.
Set up a burner email, if you want I'll send you links and guides.

>tfw got gf into cars
>she absolutely adored my E32 730
>her parents kept screaming at me for MUH SAFETY because E32 had no airbags
>tfw she died in a car crash driving their brand new Corolla to work when the airbags failed to inflate

Holy shit wasn't expecting these feels

this sounds too sad to be true
I also got my gf into cars, she bought her first car an E36, now she upgraded to an E46 coupe 5 speed manual, taught her how to do snow drifts, now she saved up some money and is repainting the car, has bought new wheels, about to buy coilovers and other stuff

We did a lot of drifting with my old shitbox 5 speed manual E34 525 with the M50, thing had 700k km on the clock and ripped hektik skidz on asphalt like no ones business.
For a 700 buck car, that thing was a god damn bargain. Wouldn't be surprised if it would've made to one million without a hitch.
Automatics were our thing though because you can hold hands while cruising.

don't need links, the names are enough, will search myself when I get a bimmer
thanks user

>airbags failed to inflate
this is a thing?

Damn, I'm sorry that happened.
How are you holding up?

I'm sorry if I'm prying, I just want to make sure you're doing ok.

It's been half a decade now, she was my high school sweetheart and we had some big plans in store but shit happens. I've gotten over it now, but I still get sad from time to time

Failed to inflate as in didn't work at all, she was hit in the head by the steering wheel and died from cerebral bleeding. Seat belts didn't really help as the car itself was crushed quite badly.

If you're gonna end up with an obd1 bimmer you're gonna want one link that will make your life a whole lot easier.

openlabs.co/projects/Tiny-ADS-Interface

I bought one of them and an obd1 20pin connector, costs peanuts and you can do everything.

thanks mate
>Failed to inflate as in didn't work at all, she was hit in the head by the steering wheel and died from cerebral bleeding. Seat belts didn't really help as the car itself was crushed quite badly.
yeah I know what you meant, but I didn't know that was possible, never heard of this

I've had it happen once too on the aforementioned E34 525, we hit a snow bank head on at quite the speed and the airbags failed to inflate, airbag light just went off.
Removed the module and applied some power from a spare car battery, expecting an explosion and nothing happened.
Luckily there was no damage to the car and no one got hurt, just a good jolt.

There can never be dubs, no one on Veeky Forums can be happy.

No dubs?
Fucking watch me.

Hey guys currently own a '14 328i with my lease ending in august. My dealer called me today with a pretty much fully loaded 340ix mSport with a msrp of $58k for $568 a month with $4000 due at signing.

Should I jump on this deal or try and haggle them?

how much u paying now?

My car had a msrp of $56k, came up to $498 a month but i Opted for the tire warranty so I ended up paying $550 a month for my current car.

do it nigger

That's a lot of dough for a 328.

More importantly, FUCKING DO EET

E30 FTW

OP here

>pick up delayed until tomorrow because my dealer is sick

>best turbo engine
N55
>best NA engine
S85

Prove me wrong.

Hey guys, /nocar/ here looking to become /hascar/ in the late summer or autumn after saving my pennies through the summer.
BMW's have really caught my eye because they seem to be the only affordable RWD manuals in my area (NA miatas are all around 8-12k here).

Is there a "better" E36 for a first BMW? Im planning to learn how to work on things myself to try and keep maintenance costs down

e36, e46, e39 will be good first cars.

nice digits

I say get a compact.

Basically a cheap, uglier E30 with more aftermarket.

Has the advantages of an e36 with a bigger engine bay (so your eventual swap to an m50/2 is super easy and is also plug and play), bolt on coilovers instead of weld on and you can swap anything from e36 into it.
But also has the advantages of the e30 with livelier handling, no rear subframe issues and its light as fuck

otherwise get a 328 or 325. 323's are okay but need alot of work to uncork the engine compared to the other 2. The m42/m44 powered cars are okay but the 6's are more reliable and make more power

>get a compact
I'm confused, here a "compact" seems to be synonymous with an e36, which you are saying not to get?

>leasing

wew lad

I have the sudden urge to buy an e38 and I don't know why. Anyone here have one?

is this the thread in which i can complain about my back hurting while doing the upper timing covers on my 540i
because FUCK ME it hurts

also
>tfw the left bolt was so caked with oil i literally couldn't see it at first
>tfw the vanos gaskets were so seized that both of them basically snapped off instead of sliding off the vanos solenoids

I own a 750 E38, exceptionally good car to drive, something went tits up though and she's sitting with a trans failsafe program on the dash

I'm looking at buying at a manual 2001 325i e46. It's got 187,00 kms and seems to be in pretty good shape. I'm going to go look at it tomorrow and the asking price is 4500 CAD. I'm in school and don't have the most money but i've been driving a shitty van for years and i'm tired of it. I see the sticky says 100,000 - 150,000 Kms is preferred but I'd think 187,000 isn't too far off.

My worries would be that it's a 15 year old car with the KMs going up and i don't have more than $2000 to sink into this over the next year. Any thoughts on it are appreciated.

I never see them. I'll check more often.

Love those lights btw. I need to upgrade.

e30 m3 and 911 rsAmerica are the two I kick myself over

Love that color

no i'm saying get one.
the advantages of them outweigh the fact that you can only buy them as 4 cylinders.
all of the advantages of an e36 without the disadvantages.

Does everyone here just have 3 series? Is there no love for the 5 or 7s?

best bmw small bmw

its no coincidence everyone on Veeky Forums has e36s which are the absolute cheapest bmws around right now

e46s can be expensive to maintain.

an e36 or e30 will be cheaper to maintain and cheaper to buy leaving more money for things that need overhauling

thread is like a bait /bmwg/.

SeeAlso have a 530 V8 E34 I am in the process of ruining

Rip user

My wife passed away in a car accident. Hang in there man. Please don't turn to drinking. It really doesn't help.

Yeah not the guy you replied to but I'm just as confused. A compact is an e36

compacts are E36 and E46 hatchbacks
>captcha: select all pictures with cars
>picture shows only a brick wall
ffs

Ah, in my country we never got an e46 hatch so it looked like the guy was saying to get an E36 while simultaneously recommending against an E36

nice wheel & tyre combo