"fuck you i like it" thread

ITT: Post cars you like even if no one else likes them.

Mine: Veloster. I can't help it, I just want one. Everyone excludes this from the list of good hot hatches and I don't even care.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mYuYcGllpSA
youtube.com/watch?v=kH5NpxxWI2E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why do you like it?

looks?

it sure as hell shouldn't be speed/acceleration or handling

>hyundai
wow op just wow

I'm not even sure

i have a veloster turbo right now. I bought it not knowing what I wanted in a car but now I have since realized my 'mistake'. Im pretty set on getting a fiesta st when i can

Fuck you I love this car

It's yet another car that Hyundai make look good but just fucked up everything else.

No bully

I gotta hand it to SRT for making totally impractical cars. But the idea of a supercharged family 4 door sedan is pretty fucking cool.

My only gripe is that it doesn't have a manual option.

Actually one of the best cars I've ever owned was a supercharged sedan. The almighty Grand Prix GTP. Comfy as fuck for long trips with the wife and kids and fun to drive

I love new retro bikes. They just look too fucking good.

are you me op
it's such a shitty car but i want one for some reason

I absolutely agree

>(I post this every thread)

The Veloster really only weighs 2800 pounds? Damn

Noble M600
Turbocharged Volvo powerplant
No driver aids, not even ABS
Pure skill of the driver required
Respect it, or be killed

>hybrid
>not especially focused on either performance or efficiency
>no back seat

They missed the mark with this car but I love it anyway. Would love to pick up one with a 6MT in the future for a unique daily

>tfw no SR swapped b15

I like the M400 more even though its slower, based duratec.

4th gen Nissan Altima 3.5 SE is an amazing car.

Fuck you.

2000-2002 B15 Sentra SE 2.0's came with an SR20DE factory. No swap necessary. I once knew a guy who had one.

Auto only =(

>But the idea of a supercharged family 4 door sedan is pretty fucking cool.
I'll just leave this here...

>literally faster than a Toyobaru around the 'ring.

fuck you. I like it.

Do you count the Indian Scout among them? These retro bikes make me hard.

It works on every Lexus except the RC.

I believe only the burger version has no bsck seats. The euro ones do

I would like to get 1 or a focus st, however I am worried about low speed pre ignition issues with direct injection turbo cars

You and me both brother

Fuccbois confirmed

Hey at least it's not a wrx

Every man's wet dream

Voted ugliest car in the world by some nobody

It just works.

I'm about to file a lemon claim on mine. Most unreliable piece of shit I've ever had the misfortune to drive.

What's gone wrong with it?

My 2016 has been mostly reliable besides negligible issues.... 40k miles in now.

I have a GTP coupe. It's roomy as fuck, and it's so wide and low that it sticks quite well in the turns. Good car.

This is the kind of car you get when you absolutely have to have a vehicle to drive around and this is the only used car being sold near you that's even remotely affordable, and even then It's not really affordable, but you'll deal with that after you get it off the lot, and oh god you hope something doesn't fuck up on it because you just spent every bit of the $400 you had in your savings account and a little from the money you allocate for feeding your family. All because you work 30 minutes from your house and live in a medium sized shithole of an American city, with predictably shitty public transport, forcing you to buy a car you can't really afford, but somehow have to. Oh and maybe the kids won't notice the crappy food we'll have to feed them for a few months because all those dumb naive fucks can think is "Yay daddy finally got a new car!" even though driving this piece of shit lemon sucks any of the remaining soul you somehow have left directly out of you, and uses it to help fuel your everyday drive to your shitty dead end job, so you can support the family you've grown to hate for the past thirteen goddamn years. Oh god I hope nothing fucks up on it...

No one with options willingly drives a Santa Fe. Believe me.

Because its ugly as sin.
Looks like some 5 yr old added a bunch of sharp corners and wings to make it look cool

I wish I wasn't too cheap to do something cool with my G20.

"Fuck you, I like it" definitely applies.

Holy shit you drive a lot

Is this pasta?

No

I've seen some shit, man.

My old man drives on of them Tucsons, and my god, it's the pinnacle of what I'd call 'dead car' design.

> Clutch has no feeling, steering has no feedback, the steering wheel is even turning green now.

eh i like it alot actually.

reasonably fun to drive
spacious for a subcompact
can be had with manuel transmissione

No one else here seems to appreciate them, which I take as a good sign for low values in the coming years.

literally my favorite jag of all time

Alex I'll take 'replies i wasn't expecting for 500'.

their already cheap as shit. the reason is their unrealiable shits that are bought by nigs and then repo'd every couple months

I was just about to get one lol.

I'm now buying a used '97 Trooper.

elantra sport

hyundai dun good with this car

are you talking about the velosturd?

the looks though, i mean goddamn just look at how sexy it is

the only other jag that looks almost as good is the f-type

i just got to 25k on my 2015 and ive driven the piss out of it. So far its been able to handle everything I have thrown at it

Evidently you don't know much about them, which is a good thing.

kind of reminds me of a better looking catfish camaro

Get whichever one has the lowest miles. They're both pretty shitty. Nothing better in your area?

Everytime I see one of these it's being driven by some college chick weaving through traffic and cutting people off left and right.

The trooper is much better imo.

but what is there to dislike about this car?

It gets hardcore shit on here a lot because Clarkson hated the 350z and its basically the same car.

Hyundai apparently has no idea how to make a decent DCT. My transmission is faulty at best, dangerous at worst.

I am, 2016 turbo with DCT

glorious plastic econobox

The turbo weighs over 3000lbs and makes only 201bhp

that's Tucson, not Santa Fe

My mum drives a tucson.

Can confirm they're pretty awful, but we haven't had any problems with it. She's pretty well off as well.

Swagon

I also vape and use Linux exclusively

h8 go

>not the superior 1st generation

scum

Did you americans even get this gen Mondeo ?
Man I love this luxobarge

its styling is a bit meh

apart from that seems like a good car

Nah, this was the American equivalent at the time. There was even a pretty nifty Sport version with about 260HP.

>Did you americans even get this gen Mondeo ?
No. We got this instead. Meet the Ford Fusion.
youtube.com/watch?v=mYuYcGllpSA
same platform though.

The car was refreshed in 2010 to the version seen here:
The 2010 refresh added 2 models. One was a hybrid to compete with the Camry Hybrid, and the other was a Sport model (available in FWD or AWD) which cam exclusively with a 263 HP 3.5L V6. The Sport models are actually decent sleepers.
youtube.com/watch?v=kH5NpxxWI2E

I actually prefer the infinity body over the Nissan. The added bonus of the back seats is what's going to make me buy it one day. The sport edition with the 6 speed manual is supposed to be the exact same driving experience as the 350z and I've had a hard on for that car since forza on the 360. I remember to this day that it was featured in the advertising for forza in Game Informer. It was one of those ads like a cologne ad with the pull out part. Said it was the scent of the track. Was the scent of pure burnt rubber. Terrible headache inducing smell but that car has stuck with me all these years. Now that I'm married and have a kid this is a grownup version. Plus there is always the future possibility of swapping in a LS.

we at /a/ always talks about shit taste.

absolutly patrician tastes. Last decent vauxhall/opel ever made.

>Veeky Forums shits on it because their mums van is faster in a straight line
>Ben, the insufferable meme spouting faggot at Carthrottle doesnt like it because muh MX5 buyers remorse
>FWD Audi diesel sales rep drivers shit on it because muh torque, while understeering as soon as they see a mild curve
>Fat balding mid life crisis men in E46 M3 cabriolets will shit on it because you could get a 130,000 mile M3 that's been ragged to death by pakis for the same price
>Some dune coon benchracer on youtube actually compared it to a Lexus LFA
>second hand value has tanked because of the turbo meme so i can get one with dealer warranty and under 10k miles for next to nothing
>inb4 86 defence league, i don't own one (yet)

Underdog as fuck.

What engine can be swapped in to make it actually fast?

>use Linux exclusively

That picture gave me an involuntary erection.

That question is really limited by budget. Some people have swapped in 2JZ's, others have put in LSX engines.

It's not a fast car but it was never sold as one. Toyobaru never said "here is our new hot hatch killer".

Perhaps they make more sense in england where long straight empty roads are a myth.

You're supposed to post shit everyone else hates faggot.

More

Why not slap a big turbo in there?

because the dumbass belives it is like in Forza

Why dont i do it or why dont Toyobaru do it?

Subaru make the engine and probably don't want it to compete with the WRX, plus reliability etc.

plus what's that saying about if you want a fast car, buy one in the first place?

Give me your hatred.

Who in their right mind would hate on the MK4?

Edgelords and vapefag 86ers maybe?
They're not right in the head anyway.

skyline fangirls

t. skyline fangirl

noone hates MK4s the price for what youre getting is just retarded because people wanna be fast and furious

Actually, most Skyline owners seem to respect Supra owners. Some friendly banter and rivalry, but no outright hatred

>hurr durr muh 2jz can make 1000hp on the stock block, enjoy your broken oil pump RB fag

bullies

>Linux
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

>wut is banter

Like I said, Skyline owners don't seriously hate Supras as a rule, and vice versa. Too much money, time and work goes into these builds, something that every shit-talking Mexican kid in a beat down Civic or Miata can't commit to