Ask a service advisor at subaru anything

Ask a service advisor at subaru anything
(BTW i drive an EVO)

>service advisor
what does that even mean?

He writes on a computer what service or repairs a car needs and tries to sell tires, brakes, and other shit to customers

>t. service advisor at a Ford dealer

He books appointments for the mechanics

I may be purchasing a slightly-used 2015-2018 WRX CVT (I accept the coming laughter and ridicule, it's cool, manual is better) in the coming months.

Is this a good decision for a daily driver in the North East USA, or as you yourself drive an EVO, are there better options?

yes this

I actually really like the cvt WRX, for a daily I'd prefer that over a 6 speed. especially in places it snows

>buy a sports car with a gimped transmission
>because its easier to drive

My 03 Outback has 160,000 miles and I haven't replaced the head gaskets yet, when should I?

>gimped transmission
>peak torque all the time
>top speed in reverse in theory

What do you do for a living?

Do you drive a subaru?

what made you decide to work for subaru instead of mitsubishi?
also what type of evo? generation, colour, spec, etc

Accounts payable here.
You guys are maximum over-tard. Lrn2grammar&spelling before you fucking give a runner an invoice. If i see the word "inspectiun" or "assimbly" one more time im flogging you with a tire iron, Mr. Service Advisor José de la Román a la Joe Bòb del a Barf Cruiiiiuuuouuiyze

My friend has a 2017 WRX CVT and it is the shittiest transmission I have ever driven. It is way slower than the manual. The CVT leaves a smell after flooring it that can be described as a combination of shit, burnt rubber, and gasoline. The smell is so bad other cars easily smell it when behind you. The entire car shakes and the rpm gauge jumps to high rpms because the CVT seems to think you are trying to floor it everytime you touch the throttle.

I have test driven recent years of Forester, Impreza, and Outback with the CVT. All have been disappointing.

If I test drive a 2015+ WRX CVT and still dislike it, which is probable, would you recommend another AWD vehicle? Yes, automatic, until I can learn manual on a weekend project car that has yet to be purchased.

If not that's cool, and thank you for the information.

Dude, just buy a regular automatic or a manual. You'll learn a manual quickly. It's not like you're going to fucking ruin the transmission by fucking up while you're learning, you paranoid fuck.

How do I get coupons or lower prices for service, I own two Subarus I bring to dealer regularly. Do you guys check for tunes when it comes to warranty work? Anything I should know that dealers don't want me to know? Thanks

Nah, not worried about manual transmission because I've driven a few different manual cars. Just don't want to drive a manual for my daily to work through the hills and shit.

do you cock-block a customer from talking to a tech with actual certifications? or do you have the same certifications as teh techs doing the work in your case?

well i did work for Mitsubishi but that dealer had awful management and staff turn over was high
Subaru has a bit of a cult following , and the people i work with are actually pretty cool. average age is like 25 at my dealership (btw no vape fags )
i have an 2000 evo 6 TME
Best car we have IMO is the 3.6l legacy its (comfortable, with some decent pickup)
one of our service advisors is a fully certified tech, but no if the customer wants to speak to the tech thats fine

back in 2007 or so subaru legacy wagons were relatively good driver, reliable, but dirt cheap used cars.

Now that its 2017 do you find any older models, ideally something that could be fun at a autocross (casual) still fit this? absolutely dirt cheap but actually pretty good multi-purpose cars?

Also plz save all the SVXs

ITT: I'm a secretary who just happens to work at a subaru dealership AMA.

Fuck off

its different at every dealership for prices and services/ discounts . Tunes and warranty are tricky because if you were to blow your motor right aftering tuning, GG. if you just have a tune its usually fine, although if something where to happen in the future, the warranty company could decline your claim because of your tune, but they also could accept your claim, people who work in warranty are fucking asshole.
I know a few guys who mess around with N/A imprezas , autox / drag .
im not cute enough to be a secretary

This desu, being a service advisor is fucking boring and isn't worth dealing with cocksucking customers. My favorite so far is a guy that dropped off a 03 Ranger with hesitation issues, and got so mad at the fucking estimate he threatened to kick my ass over the phone but showed up and just wanted his keys. Fuck customers.

I'm quitting this shit to go back into aviation maintenance.

>WRX
>sports car

Truth. I'd rather work aircraft any day.

Nigga you're literally a secretary for a shop.

>schedule appointments
>make itemized bills
>make work orders
>call customer to let them know their car is ready

How is that not a secretary?

how many hours a day do you spend shitposting instead of working?

He has no clue what's going on and makes sure the customers don't hang themselves when they see the bill.

holy shit dude man up. when i got my first manual car last year i was doing a 45minute commute the 3rd day i had it. it's not hard at all

I enjoy the huge repair bills. Today I had a 2013 Edge backup camera replacement because "it didn't work sometimes" and this nigga paid us $599.63 lmfao

>evo 6 TME
POST IT BOI

can i get an accessport for my 17 wrx without being fucked? if not how fucked will i get? what mods won't fuck me?