/rlg/ - Roguelike General

FAULT edition

>FAQ and What to Play

FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34 (embed)

What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f (embed)

>Individual Game Pastas

pastebin.com/nXBycdgR (embed)

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account

User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

>PCB meme of the week:
android samurai
embrace minus five to wis
then harakiri

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

angband.oook.cz/animeband/ports.html
roguebasin.com/index.php?title=Telengard
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>only two priests awake
>can just go upstairs
that's not a bad stop at all.

>(embed)

Version 2

I forgot to remove it while copy pasting, sorry..

00 dubs exist in Veeky Forums though

>no ponyRL
shitlist

Rolling

I haven't played Nethack in a year

Oh well

>UnNethack

archaeologist!

just remember to make sure you have the real amulet~

Seconded.

>tfw have a mac and can't play like 90% of these

Accepting graduation gifts from kindly uncles was a MISTAKE

any game that can't be played over ssh isnt a real roguelike anyways

emulate, son

Might as well roll myself.

I'll be happy as long as it's not Noxico.

I'll only play as the easiest class to win

But first I must find which one is it

Silly, that wasnt me, i was just telling that other user not to bully the poor user who made a mistake!

Moria it is then.

Death Swords are neat

I just wish I could survive past level 30 with them.
Give me back my Morgul droprates Chris you faggot.

give me that fucking maidensnow

InCaveAd for you

Such a shame that these grandmaster mystics don't stun. But of course that would be TOO POWERFUL

What's the best anime roguelike that isn't Elona?

I'm a possessed Yeti possessing Yetis.

The only other one I can think of is animeband and I've never even seen somebody actually play it
This is your chance to pioneer a whole new generation of bandposters!

>has to be compiled
Fuck

There's a binary right on the website, just scroll down
angband.oook.cz/animeband/ports.html

Elonaplus, duh

maidensnow is anime
also omega labyrinth

I can't believe I didn't see that

>90

>finally find a port that works
>it's this monstrosity

I might do this one day

One day

You may

That's uh, certainly something.

I think Castle of the Winds might've had a better interface.

yeah the NPP interface upgrade port thing is comically bad

roll

If you can tolerate the terrible map generation and limited content pool, Maidensnow is fun as fuck.

>Telengard
roguebasin.com/index.php?title=Telengard
>A simple real-time system: If the player goes about 5 seconds without entering a command the game will automatically choose the Stay (s) command. Outside of battle this will result in an encounter with an enemy or the discovery of an item. In battle it lets the enemy attack without the player's character taking any actions.
>real-time
>real
>time
fucking trash roguelite
reroll

>imfuckingplying I need light resistance

wow next you'll tell me I need shard resistance right?

The controls are weird and confusing. I played it a bit but couldn't get used to them.

You literally dont need light resistance though.
There are like 3 things in the whole game that do light damage.

Still turn-based.

Your turns are under a time limit though.

Telengard is considered the first proto-roguelike.

You should document this for /rlg/.

Maidensnow's issue is that the gameplay is directionless. Character progression is virtually nonexistent and I still have no idea what quest objective you're supposed to pursue in that damn game.

>and I still have no idea what quest objective you're supposed to pursue in that damn game.
Getting raped

wow she's hot
also fuck ferret
i kill all ferrets i encounter in game

>>mac
>>can't play like 90% of these

Wine Bottler lets you basically reverse that statistic, I know it can turn Infra Arcana into a working app.

first time trying out a possessor. pretty fun so far. any tips for me?

I don't get why Rogue isn't recommended more. I am assuming just because it isn't actively in development and if you want to play on a modern system you have to play a fan port, but I don't see how that is a big deal but whatever.

Playing it really takes the learning curve out of the genre (the game itself is quite simpler will still having all key mechanics) and it still holds up to this day.

>on the C:DDA / screen you can press , and move all items from one screen to the other, though it consumes ingame time; more items you move, the longer it takes
>or you can press M and move them all in two ingame turns at no other cost
What is this nonsense?

>any tips for me?
Your wanted uniques list are guaranteed bodies. If you're lucky, you'll have some good ones on there.
Animals are strong early on when they have good speed and attacks, and your gear is poor anyway.

Rogue isn't a roguelike

this general loves games that arent roguelikes though
cdda spent some time as fotm

thanks, user. i'll have to check my wanted list. I've been a cave spider from level 5 to 10 so im thinking i should switch it up soon. I'm going to stick to melee though.
hopefully lagduf's corpse drops. wish me luck, /rlg/

hell, CDDA is currently FotM if the past few generals are anything to go by

I think that it takes 2-3 turns to go upstairs, and they can all notice and smite the player in that time. Joseph can sling a stone over there too.

It's my first time in Tomb and I already unimaginably hate this place.

Enjoy
No fire cbow?

I've never been in tomb but by looking at this picture I know that I will hate it

I'm with TSO so shit is working fine but there's this one long-ass corridor and Greater Mummies keep spawning in it, it's fucking hell on earth because you have to either burn consumables or manfight and manfighting only means more of them come at you. Honest to god fuck fucking mummies

only one hand crossbow and like three fucking thousand billion arbalests of freezing, but the triple velo cbow is doing wonders, carried my ass through Zot

possessor here. how's hobbes? worth getting rid of my cave spider? or should I go for a giant spider?

In the future, consider picking up Silence for tomb

The best way to prevent torment and infinite summons and smite and more mummies hearing you and showing up to fight is to just silence all the dead bastards

Rolling. I better not regret this shit.

Fuck me, I'm dumb. I thought mummies were not affected by Silence, kinda like demons. Fucking hell that would have made this whole mess so much easier. Honestly tho, do they have to summon infinite fucking emperor scorpions? I can deal with the constant torments, but the scorpions are hella annoying to deal with.

How to clear Tomb as a TSO follower:

0) Get Invo to decently high level.
1) Summon Divine Warriors all the fucking time
2) Spam Cleansing Flame when the biggest baddies are near
3) Stairdance when tons of torment users are on screen
4) Switch to Zin and Vitalization/Recite/Imprison everything

But yeah, Tomb is always nerve-wracking -- and yet, if you don't really care about saving time, it's probably the most "beatable" extended branch besides Slime/Abyss.

What is more important runes or turncount

win rate

tumcount

I am actually gonna go Zin for Pandemonium because I fucking hate everything but I decided to switch things round and go TSO for Tomb since I've never done it before (only managed a 5 rune before and TSO seemed like a decent thing because of cleansing flame). Everything right now feels like popcorn except for when the mummies get the scorpion horde rolling and just hiding like cunts tormenting from the back

in cdda i threw down grenades and blew my own legs off in a last ditch effort to survive, and it killed all of the zombies but my legs got blown off but i survived somehow? what do i do from here?

>and yet, if you don't really care about saving time, it's probably the most "beatable" extended branch besides Slime/Abyss.

This

With enough stairdancing, silence, aura of abjuration, and something decently killy like dispel undead or just tabdudes, you could definitely do tomb for a 3rd rune. Having Zin/TSO/Kiku/Statueform all helps make sure you don't get instaboned by a bad torment/smite sequence, but the reason I avoid tomb is because it's fucking tedious to play optimally there but unlike the hells, you don't get to go fast- only slow.

btw, do you have any tips for Hell, other than 27invo Zin mash recite? How do I deal with Ereshkigal, Shard Shrikes and everything in Tartarus?

Craft leg splints, put them on, and sit around until your legs regrow.

Makhleb + good defenses such as Statue Form or Necromut to laugh at torment spammers
TSO is shitto compared to the true King of Otab

Is PCBR's device decursing supposed to be 100% ? I read quite a few scrolls and they didn't remove it.

turncount literally doesnt matter at all unless youre going for speedrun records

Are you sure you didnt fail to pronounce it correctly? Or maybe its an ancient foul curse?

For Zin, Imprison is AMAZING in the right moments. If you stumble upon a torment-user or two who you can't (or don't want to) deal with right away, Imprison allows you to shut them down -- or in the simplest sense, close the gap between you and them until they're free.

For Ereshkigal, hope you get a lucky recitation. If not, be sure to go fast: buff yourself up before getting to her room, and either smash her face in quickly or find the rune and run. Imprison might be helpful for the latter choice.

Immersion!

I didn't think you could get TY or heavy curses on wands. Definitely read it correctly as I went through something like six scrolls thinking maybe it had a chance to succeed (though one has always been enough before).

>legs get blown off
>jam wood sticks into leg stumps
>wood sticks slowly turn into legs
This is what I like to think

All the finest libraries Windows 3.1 had to offer

Level 50 rage-mage reporting in. If I can survive the lategame uniques and scrounge up speed, it'll be endgame time.

Well, this explains why my health seemed low.

You are a substantially more patient man than I.

nice, congrats on living

do you still get a billion mana from having shout hit your bros of the dawn?

having your leg hp hit 0 just means your legs are broken, not that they literally got blown off

I know but that's what I like to imagine

I wonder if loss of limbs will ever be implemented though

it is implemented
but only for left hands

>tfw left-handed

>tfw not left handed

You can also repair your burnt (or acid-dissolved) legs with a splint.

I don't know about allies (the situations where I'd be both shouting and also summoning aren't frequent) but acquiring mp isn't a big issue now that I have the 4th book's focus rage ability. It's like a really goofy craft mage who buffs before/throughout battle.

sidenote: ragestrike gives me heavy stun status, so it appears mostly useless for consistent use

ragestrike does not stun you if you are currently berserk
actually quite a lot of ragemage shit becomes better while berserk
the two summon spells summon hasted dudes
spell turning jumps from 35% to 50% chance
armor of fury's debuffs last 3 turns instead of 1 on enemies
the sp you gain from damaging enemies is pretty significantly increased
focus *rage* goes from 60hp/120sp to 100hp/200sp
spell turning has its saving throw bonus doubled from 20 to 40

and some other shit as well

just starting to play unangband- is there anyway to change the x's to something else? possibly just a black space like in poschengband

how do i get long lasting / low maintenance lighting into my underground hideout in cdda?

lightstrips/atomic nightlight
headlight/floodlight vehicle structure with storage batteries if you can construct underground
not sure if there's anything in the build menu
flashlight bionic