Please help me Veeky Forums

Please help me Veeky Forums...

I recently got a good job and can finally afford to get a new car.

Here's the thing tho... I'm not really a "car guy". I've never really been into cars, I just use mine to get from point A to point B. (I do like driving tho...)

I'm considering buying a 2017 Civic, but I don't know if I should. Out of all the new cars, I think its the nicest. And the only one I like desu.

Or should I buy a 201X Corolla from Carmax instead? I've driven a 1996 Corolla for like the past 7 years so anything would be an improvement desu.

What should I do Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vOKH04VBEkg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

>what should i get for car k thx

CarMax is a shit tier seller. Their prices are usual over book value, and their financing rate sucks
>T. Someone who works in auto finance.

what should I do then, user?

would you recommend just getting the new civic?

Normals are disgusting

Mazda3 is good, IMO best in class.

Just look at car review sites, compair across multiple sites. Test drive ones you like, you have a working car so are not limited for time.

Buy from a reputable dealership and secure a financing approval before you get the car. See what money you can afford and get approved for and then go buy a car.

Not really. I recommend getting a 2 or 3 year old Accord and a decent extended service contract.

What's your budget? Can you drive a stick? Do you care to learn?

Is having fun while driving important to you? Do you even know what having fun while driving is?

Also what size car do you want. They come in
Subcompact aka yaris
Compact
Full

This guy gets it.

Get an Accord EX-L V6. Excellent fucking car all the way around.

Ducking phone

Sub compact
Compact
Midsize
Full

>What's your budget?
Around 20k I guess.

>Can you drive a stick? Do you care to learn?
Ehhh.. Kinda, but I don't really like it.

>Is having fun while driving important to you? Do you even know what having fun while driving is?
Well I thought driving my shitty Corolla was fun so...

Normal car size? I dunno. Like a sedan?

If you have 20k to play with, I would highly consider a well optioned 2015 accord. That's going to be all the car you need. If you really want to splurge, a Lexus es350 is always a good safe bet and extremely comfortable and nice.

The in-between is a Toyota Avalon

Buy a 15-20 year old truck on Craigslist and have maybe a minor repair or two every year at most. C1500s are pretty rock solid. DD'd a 94 for four years.

What about a 2013 Corolla with 88k for 12k? Is that OK?

Best post so far. Solid recommendations

>4 year old car with 22000 miles a year
No

How many miles is too many for a used car? I don't know shit.

Depends on the age and how it was taken care of.

A 2007 Corolla with 70k miles is much less likely to have been used hard than a 2014 Corolla with 70k miles

Eh you could get a 2005 f350 crew cab turbo diesel 4x4 with a 6 inch lift and dual exhaust and power heated genuine leather seats for that same price

And it would also have at a minimum 250k miles and would be impossible to get a decent rate to finance. Minimum of 9.74 percent and no top tier lender would finance that

This OP. It will look really good pulling into the gas station everyday

lmao

Don't Corollas last for like 250k miles?

Yeah, but you'll be drowning in pussy tho

Google how to maintain a car, then imagine what happens when you don't do those things

So I googled that, and is it that hard to maintain a miata?

have you try the ford fusion or subaru impreza ?

and what is it you do not like about your corolla ?
a camry of the same year is a bit more comfy

Difficulty is a subjective rating

The hardest. Literally needs a full rebuild every 5k miles. Look up haggard garage

Turns out they arent that hard to work on, it was the owner's boyfriend that made them sore, not the car

>the owner's boyfriend
Kek

My Corolla finally died. I'd continue driving it if I could desu.

You could try to find a low mileage 06 07 corolla for about 8k

Import a '91 or '92 Toyota Aristo. It's the Japanese market Lexus GS. It's special because it had the option for the twin turbo Supra Mk4 engine, but with an automatic transmission. Stealthy AF.

Or he could just come out of the closet, it'll send the same message

Guy wants a fun auto.
I suggest an affordable hotrod auto.
>Thatz fuxin ghey dood

Its true

keep driving the corolla. it's perfectly adequate. just keep fixing it.

While it is by NO means a faggot-tier car, recommending a twin-turbo V8 for a "non car guy" who needs a comfy A-to-B car is a bit irresponsible. That's probably more power than he's ever had in his life, and he doesn't know anything about maintaining it.

I mean, that's a good recommendation for a dude who wants to go fast in a car that is not common at all and has the patience/cash to dick around with an auto importation broker. Just not really good for this guy.

My list of non boring recommendations:

1. Mazda Miata
2. Golf GTI
3. Ford Fiesta ST

These cars are all smaller, thus you can get more vroom for you money.

On the other hand you can get /comfort/ instead of speed. With these cars your money is buying space and a smooth ride.
My recommendations:

1. Passat
2. Ford Fusion Titanium
3. VW Sportwagen

Personally, I think you are young and don't need space or a smooth ride. Get one from the top list and enjoy it while you can.
The big sedans like Camry and Taurus are meant for boring 40 year olds who want to take kids to school.

>ctrl+f Mazda
>nothing
What the hell. OP get a newer 3 or 6 if you want a fun commuter car.

>I just use mine to get from point A to point B.
Chevy Cruze desu senpai.

>2JZ
>twin-turbo V8

OP here. I'm seriously considering just getting a 201X Corolla S.

For 2016/2017 cars;

1. Ford Focus/Fiest
2. Honda Civic/Accord
3. Toyota Corolla/Camy
4. Mazda3/Mazda6
5. Hyundai Elantra/Sonata

If you really do not give a shit about performance or anything. Most of those msrp around 17-24k.

>mazda 3,
>subaru
>elantra
>boring toyota. hey its boring but it will get you there.

youtube.com/watch?v=vOKH04VBEkg check this ausy faggot.

tell me about it, no one even mentioned the subaru.

Sort out your finances first

With a budget of $20k, I would strongly recommend against buying new.
It will have your margins very thin, and you would need to haggle down to the penny which most dealers won't put up with in normal circumstances.

$20k in the used market is recent gen entry-level luxury, or top of the line econobox with plenty of cash left over.
You said you like this generation of Civic. A used 2016 can be had for around $15k - Touring trim for around $20k.

If you don't absolutely need this generation of Civic, you can find good-quality 2015s for around $12k.

>Buy an STi
>If you're into performance cars
>and not a bogan

It's not dead. You can always fix it.

get the civic
if you take care of it the civic should easily last you 10 years without any major issues

>OP likes corolla
>thinks corolla is fun

Get the Toyota Corolla FRS.

$20k gets you a new subcompact or a a slightly used compact/midsized car - the latter is a better idea.

The Mazda3 and 6 (compact sedan/hatch and midsized sedan, respectively) are good all-rounders that are more fun to drive than average but a little loud on rough surfaces. They're reliable, economical, and have good interiors and infotainment systems.

The Civic and Accord give you a little more noise control and refinement at the expense of being a little less lively and not having as good an infotainment interface.

Then you've got boring and quiet: Toyota and Hyundai. I'm not a fan of the current Toyotas and would recommend the Elantra Sport as a better equivalent (it's called "Sport" but it's more comfortable than the base model and not very sporty).

Or you can go nicer but unreliable: The Ford Fusion is very nice, and for a compact the VW Golf is in the same category. They're nearly as nice as luxury brand cars.

Forgot to mention. The new (2018?) Subaru Impreza is excellent. Sedan only; I think the hatch is still the old model, which wasn't great.

You can get a 2017 Camry SE for 17,500 before tax and tags.

It'll prly be cheaper than a Corolla. This is because 1) mid-size sedans are selling poorly due to Amerka's SUV/CUV obsession, 2) Camry is selling especially poorly, 3) the 2017 Corollas have auto-safety braking/lane-departure shit, standard LED headlights, etc. and the Camry actually doesn't. It's weird, their lower-end product has some more features than the mid-range product.

Yeah, blowing head gaskets at least once a month, too.

boipussy?