Lexus

Lexus.

Discuss.

They'd be attractive car if not for that gaping maw.

overweight.

This is all hitting a bit too close to home

>Lexus LS with V6

God that LS looks sexy as fucking fuck.

L O L

Anybody else notice that they basically eliminated the b-pillar? The glass is completely flat from a-pillar to c-pillar.

they are going out of their way to look edgy to appeal to younger people. ironically this is pretty much the only thing keeping me from choosing a lexus over merc.

fucking retarded front grill

The front grill reminds me of this time I had a maybe a bit too much acid

That's really the only reason I love how they look, very nostalgic and excited

>Lexus LC 500
$105K

>Nissan GT-R
$170K

yea great comparison there buddy, don't you have corvettes to lose to in the 24 hours of Bench Racing?

Sexy as fuck

The grills are not as bad looking in person IMO

I guess if you live in an area where you only see these cars in pictures, you'd never realize this.

Only really looks out of place on the GX and LX and outgoing LS. Looks great on remainder of lineup. Looks outstanding on the new LS

>Corvette
>24hours

Come on dude a corvette can barely finish a lap

Stay asspained wite boi

I am not an amerifag, thats one butthurt guy who tried to impersonate me

I want NK to nuke America for the lulz ffs

>i-it was an imposter!
Lmao nice try sweetie

I am actually free

Best luxury brand in the world.

Boring automatics and hybrids but reliable as all hell. Styling is love or hate. Comfy interiors though.

it amazes me that such grills get approved by someone

this

There is one car in their lineup that actually is luxurious, does that make Lexus a "luxury" brand? lol

I mean

Good thread

Designers should be in prison for crimes against humanity

Tries too hard to be sporty, ends up being slower than its competition and irrelevant in their leagues.

At least they're reliable, but then again, a Mercedes and BMW of this current generation is just as reliable if you do maintenance regularly. Only part that sucks is the repair cost for certain parts.

All data on file points to this not being true.

Any given Lexus will have fewer problems than any other car.

I don't think I fully understand why a 2 door coupe weighs 4000lbs.

At least Lexus is starting to make sporty cars again, hopefully something worth buying in a few years when they realize cars can't just keep climbing in weight.

My bad, 4300lbs

Jesus Christ

The LC IS a fucking GT car you dumbass.

A shit

IDK why everyone has a hard time understanding this.

It does have the proportions of something like a 488, the trunk is tiny, but Lexus has said from the beginning the targeted competitors are the S-Class Coupe and the 6-Series. It's also based off the LS, hence the "LC" moniker.

Yeah,
>tfw Challenger R/T is more lightweight
Wew lad

Best engine

Actually it's about the same between the Challenger and the LC.

The difference being the Lexus' weight is distributed 52/48, and is generally a better car that has an interior not made out of tupperware.

Lexus' design time has to get stuff right occasionally.

thats actually really nice, now if theyd just smooth out the front end of the car

I got an is250 as a hand-me-down and I can't complain. It's about 11 years old but lots of people around where I live say it's one of the nicest cars they've ridden in or seen (west virginia)

The S-Class Coupe has a base weight of like 4500 pounds. It's not unprecedented for big luxury coupes to weight a lot.

Jon?

I just want them to use the new 2j engine and I am fucking sold on them.

Rebadged upmarket Toyotas, with the most autistic grills, though the parent company is catching up.

Take your everlasting superbike elsewhere amerifag

A boring and expensive Toyota.

IS300 is way better than a Civic for 3K, and is RWD
They had good cars with the JZ and UZ engines

Buy Lexus stock now. They are getting sexier and more athletic and will easily overtake the expensive unreliable Germans, which ppl only buy to impress the hairdresser at the bar or other such uneducated plebs.

#1 car brands driven by doctors: Toyota, Honda, Lexus. Jap is simply superior in quality and value.

Sure if you have net worth >$10M and have a secure financial/retirement scheme set up, then feel free to blow 100K+ on a German car or lease new every 2 years but for everyone else it is simply a bad decision, especially if you're not buying in cash.

Even on the lower end, for example the BMW 3-series. Cost of running it for the first 4-5 years is surprisingly equivalent to a similar Jap sedan. But once the warranty is gone, the cost skyrockets.

Basically the Germans are whores that, if you have the disposable income, may be fun for short-term commitments.

More like

>Lexus
>Disgust

I have a 17 year old RX300 w/V6, which I got for free off of a client. Old lady was getting a new car (some crazy luxury Jeep), and asked me if I wanted it. I asked her how much she wanted for it. She said that I could have it, that for as good as I'd been to her over the years, I deserved something nicer than the shitbox I was driving (her words). Very comfy. Nice roomy seating (friends always somehow get me to drive when we go anywhere so they actually have legroom in the back), leather everywhere, heated front seats, heated mirrors, etc. Only thing I missed out on is that its FWD. In '00 they made AWD standard. It drives like a car, and a peppy one at that.

I've put about 50k on it so far, and it has held up very nicely. Total repair costs has a set of tires, a full set of pads/rotors (and those god forsaken drum-in-rotor shoes), two ignition coils and both variable valve timing solenoids. When the first VVT when out and I got the parts, the tech asked me how many miles, and said the other one would die within a week. 3 days later I was back getting another. The valve covers leak a bit, but nothing major. Only really annoying issue is that the air conditioned condenser drain has plugged up the last two summers. Have to get under there and blow it out with the air compressor and it is fine for the season.

I hate everything about their looks sans one car but love everything about them.

Their GS-F and IS-F are awesome and the LC500 looks amazing.

I cant think of a sexier car from the late 90s tbqhwy familia

Reminder that when Lexus didn't really have an identity yet, they just got whatever Toyota Japan already made.

Altezza = IS300
Aristo = GS300
Soarer = SC300/400
LS400 = Celisor

Proud owner of an IS300 5SPD manual. Super easy to work on, really reliable (230k miles), 2JZ Smoothness, actual sports car suspension and limited slip differential. The thing is, it's not really reflective to Lexus of today because it's a Toyota Altezza, and it was only until the 2nd gen that Lexus got second-gen IS platform that was exclusive to the company.

When friends and family ask me if they want a nice, luxury car that's reliable, I point to Lexus. But damn, Lexus was JDM TYTE in the early days.

nice. all the paint is faded on mine. just put on some BC coilovers

If the LS600H or 460 was 3-4k cheaper i'd cop one

more like discus because they're so pigfat lmao

mfw coworker has new rc350 fsport which cost 50k

mfw my 10k is350 is significantly faster

I wish I were rich so I could afford an LC.