Istanbul / Constantinople

Indisputably the centre of the world, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wcze7EGorOk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Infested with Turks
No.

No magheralin is.

I can't even think of anything that city ever contributed to the world.

if anything the turks rebuilt it

meawnhile athens looks like a third world shithole

>b-b-but athens
classic roach deflecting

Looks comfy

Considering moving

Honestly how do I go about moving to this paradise on earth?

How can Greece even compete

>cherrypicking

pay denbts papadopoulos

Ankara looks nice aswell

Real lovely

I'm so jealous of such a developed nation.

ITT: butthurt internet warriors

Been there, it's pretty nice, the turks are nice people, the smell is pretty bad sometimes though

thanks for the butthurt (you)'s senpai have some more (you)'s too

>one buttblasted greek in this thread.

So when did constantinople decline in importance?
I am talking about the seat of the ottoman empire, NOT the ERE.

Oh yeah, they seem lovely.

It's why I want to move there.

Great lads the turks are.

it was still an important city during the ottomans reign, they moved their capitals from edirne to there and rebuilt the infrastructure after the sack of constantinople during 4th crusade. see pic the circled area is the original size of constantinople

Is there a more butthurt inducing nation than the Turks? Here in Australia I'm constantly invited to idiotic victimised lectures by some backwards butthurt ethnicity like the Greeks or the Armenians.

They constantly can't shut the fuck up about how badly the Turks took a dump on their heads.

Like Christ, get the fuck over it.

Not an expert, but it was probably multiple reasons:

1.) Decline of trade due to colonial routes
2.) Decline of science (and being a center of research) due to lack of humanism, enlightenment, etc.
3.) General decline of the Ottomen (see previous points, also military decline, political isolation, etc.)

the discovery of americas, in the first place they did so to get away from ottomans dominance and pirates in the meditreanneans

see its the cuck genes

Constantinople*

Well it is because the turks have a hard time trying not to spread their stolen culture in every corner of this and that because they just want to. They are trash, like for real.

Shitposting aside, I've wanted to visit Istanbul since I have a few friends there. Any time of the year you recommend?

Don't go during the summer as it will be 32-40 degrees every day instead go during spring then you'll have comfy weather and less arab tourists which raid the historic centre every summer.

youtube.com/watch?v=Wcze7EGorOk

Greece as a whole is really pretty.

Athens though is a thoroughly modernized city since it was not particularly important during the Byzantine period and was an overgrown village during Ottoman rule. To the Ottomans credit they forbade the looting and destruction of the ancient ruins.

So if you go there expecting a city like Rome, with a rich continuous history, you won't get that. The ruins are well preserved but as a whole it's a victim of poor urban planning and much of its busy areas are focused on economy, not aesthetics.
Even so I would hardly call it "third-world".

( Դուք)

Bulshit. *BA-DUM-TSH*

>undeveloped nation because of terrorism
>9/11