/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #484

''And we could run away'' Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/11965358
strawpoll.me/12158769
strawpoll.me/12405766
strawpoll.me/12416723
strawpoll.me/12453760
strawpoll.me/12453759

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>In Caulfield's dorm room, Kate Marsh watched as her friend hung out with Chloe on her birthday. Marsh had shared a beer with Chloe, well, Chloe had drunk most of it, but she'd had a few sips too! She wasn't lame!
>As their friends began to leave--including a scruffy older fellow with tattoos on his neck, the ever kindly Warren and others--Kate knew it was time for her short walk back to her dorm room.
>While smoothing her skirt, she reflected upon the evening and thought about how strange it was that Chloe slept over in Max's dorm so often.
>"That's not so weird. They have slumber parties. Maybe I'll invite them to come to my room!" she thought, giddy at the idea of the three of them watching movies and eating ice cream all night.
>She also thought about all the time Chloe and Max spent together. Aside from getting tea, whenever she spotted Max on campus she was walking or sitting with Chloe. Sometimes she spotted them in town, during hikes or at the beach. Max often rested her head on Chloe's lap while reading a book or playing with her cell phone, sending the much hated emojis.
>"Come to think of it, Chloe has been dropping off Max for our tea dates or arriving at the end to pick her up..." Kate shook her head. "I'm being silly. They didn't see each other for five years. They're making up for lost time."
>Then she thought about their habit of holding hands, leaning their heads on each others shoulders and wrapping their arms around each other as they walked.
>"That's not quite so strange," she thought. "I hold hands with...myself." She often clasped her hands together over her lap.
>Their hands made it onto each others laps quite a bit, often when they didn't think anyone was looking. Sometimes they gave a little squeeze, or a rub or a...

(1/2)

>Kate bit her lip for a second when she heard Chloe say something to Max.
>"So Max, how bout we take this party back to my place?"
>Max blushed and nodded. "If the birthday girl insists..." She looked up at her with desire gleaming in her eyes.
>Kate turned to them. "That sounds fun. Can I bring Alice? She'd love to meet your new dog."
>Chloe and Max turned to Kate. The few remaining partygoers, including the now less abrasive Victoria Chase, raised their eyebrows or squinted at her in confusion.
>Max had trouble looking Kate in the eye as she spoke to her.
>“Um, sorry Kate,” she stuttered as she looked from her chaste friend's face to her own shoes. “B-but I don't think that's a good idea. Alice is a rabbit a-and--”
>Chloe smirked and stepped toward them.
>“Between Max and I, we've already got enough animals in my house. Besides, we planned on heading to my bedroom and--”
>Max's eye doubled in size before she smacked Chloe on the shoulder to interrupt her.
>Kate smiled good naturedly. “hopping on the bed like rabbits. You are such party animals, right?”
>Kate laughed. Max's penchant for puns had rubbed off on Chloe since they'd been spending so much time together.
>Chloe smirked. Some of the other partiers giggled. Victoria rolled her eyes.
>“What is she fucking blind?” Chase muttered.
>Kate smiled, not detecting the eyes on her.
>“That's alright. It's getting late. I have Church tomorrow.”
>Victoria rolled her eyes again. “Wouldn't want to miss that...”
>“...And I don't want to nod off and miss the good parts.”
>Chloe turned away and chuckled.
>They said their good byes and parted ways.
>Kate went back to her dorm room.
>“My. Max and Chloe are lucky to have each other. They're such good gal pals.”
>gal pals
>CHOO CHOO!

(2/2)

Max is #1

When Joyce and David are out of the house, we all know what Chloe and Max do.

Hop like rabbits!

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

Alice is forced to make a binary choice: live in a world where bunnies eat no carrots or Lisa dies after Max and Warren fuck on top of her then Frank spills beans on her leaves when he gets a turn while Chloe's tears salinate the soil, destroying her chances of regermination.

Evangelical Republican a shit

Michel a shit

>Chloe and Max don't return to Arcadia Bay when Blackwell re-opens, but stay in Portland.
>Kate Marsh contacts Max when she doesn't come back.
>“I'm with my girlfriend in Portland."
>Kate spurns the "devil worshiping hedonists."
>Without high school degrees, they don't find jobs.
>They end up living in Chloe's truck.
>After a few stints in prison, they seek help from their parents.
>Max's parents, mad at her for wasting their money by ditching private school, won't let her stay with Chloe and bring her back to Seattle.
>Max's parents blame Chloe for Max's bad behavior and prevent her from contacting Chloe.
>Chloe is abandoned once again.
>Joyce, a conservative southern woman, and David, a traditional Republican, send Chloe to conversion therapy in return for paying her debts.
>Kate suggests a clinic run by her church.
>Chloe is raped by multiple male orderlies each day to ungay her.
>Max wakes up.
>"Wowsers. What a horrible dream. Good thing I sacrificed that blue haired dyke to save the town.”
>Goes down the hall to suck Warren's morning wood.

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

>World'sBayest just spamming their shit at the start of the thread

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Summer is coming.

What is /lisg/ doing this season?

What happened to Cunts:), ChloePricefan420, KateMarsh69, Dementiaz, Skippy, Late Night user and so many other cool tripfriends?

>friendly reminder that turning off your game is the confirmed canon ending

They were ridiculed out of the thread as any tripfag rightfully should be. Last I heard was Late Night jumping ship after losing an argument

Skippy still comes around every now and then.
Pretty sure LNA is Saul Goodman
The rest may just be user now

Can confirm that Dementiaz and Katemarshfan69 are well but don't visit the thread anymore. Skippy was in the last thread. Chloepricefan posted about 5 months ago saying that they left to get their life back in order.

No clue where Cunts or LNA went sorry.

LNA had a bit of a melt down and had a bunch of people turn on them and then kind of just disappeared.

Reminder that it's okay to cry, guys.

To All of You
Michel's girls it's sad to
>Imagine:) of world without imagination:)

Imagination:) I'd like to
Be part of the world around you
Driving in the car by the sea side
Watching endings from the bright side

To All Of You
Michel's girls in the movies
No one can tell where your body is
Michel's girls like imaginations:)
With shitty smiles:) and plastic brains
I wish i had an American imagination:)

I cry sometimes walking around my own place
Wondering why budget sucks sometimes
Talking about his own place
Somewhere around the imaginations:)
No one could dry his brain
Till he got tired to complain
That's when i shit to the imagination,to your imagination:)

The amount of copypastas in this thread has certainly hit an all new high.

>finally, a song max can dance to

What if Max went back in time and necked herself in the womb?

Calling a bunker storm breaker doesn't seem particularly noteworthy to me, hardly compelling evidence. You're still using cut content as evidence for the game, that's inherently fallacious reasoning. You can't judge any given work by what's left on the cutting room floor, otherwise I could say that because they decided to cut Nathans line about the storm coming it confirms that the Prescott's aren't responsible, otherwise the devs would have put it in the game. See the problem here? You have to judge the game by what it is, not what it isn't. I don't see LiS as post-modern in anyway, nor is there any particular relationship between post modernism and letting audiences fill in the blanks, for that matter Michel wasn't even a writer for the game. I don't see how you think the idea of Max not being responsible for the storm would somehow increase sales, the average LiS player wasn't obsessing over the use of the word destiny, and anyone that was would have bought the last episode anyway. Now Harry Callahan's my boy. But infallible he is not. Spirit animals, time travel and totem poles have no direct correlation to the concept of destiny. I will concede that destiny is a somewhat more prevalent concept in LiS than say... Dirty Harry. But not to the point that any use of the world holds significance.

Let's aim for the most purgatorial thread ever!

It's actually annoying. Especially the shitposting ones.
At most two of three should be posted (Pricefield, and the one dispelling the endings)
The stuff about Michel, stupid theories from before Ep 5, etc. are barely relevant anymore and their charm has worn off.

>Sbel is making stuff again
yay.
Now if only a few fic writers would come back from the dead and update/finish.

Wow. I can't believe how lame this general is. Pastas whining about muh endings, or supporting that half finished 'bae' choice.

Everyone knows you're supposed to save the bay. It's the only choice the devs put effort into for fucks sake.

You're all supposed to grow up and accept loss, instead of throwing a tantrum and kill a bunch of innocents just to have your way.

Honestly, most of you don't 'get' the game at all. You're just pathetic children, nitpicking minute logic details instead of embracing a truly profound emotional moment and growing from it like an adult.

>171812845
At least it was original and fitting to the current thread.
6/10

Michel go back to your room, you little shit!

Interesting that out of the two originally planned endings, only the Bae ending was there.
The other was the Hospital ending which was still illogical, but less of a blow than Chloe outright dying. I could see some looking past that if they could just conclude that she woke up.
Dontnod really stretched too far by trying to suggest Chloe dying would stop the storm, but ONLY if she died in that precise moment. That was just silly and contradictory to everything else.

WHAT RELATIONSHIP DID RACHEL AND JEFFERSON HAVE
IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY

>tfw you cant enjoy any emotion from the situation because you are stuck thinking how it doesn't make sense and that takes you out of the moment

She knew, and was letting him take pictures. Then Nathan fucked everything up and tried duplicating Jefferson's old mo, drugging her. She had a bad reaction to the drugs and died

They were definitely hooking up. But I don't know if there were any actual emotions between them.
I get the idea Rachel was using him and his influence to try to land a modeling job. He was using her for sex and his own model. Chloe says Rachel would have posed for photos, and she did use drugs so that may pull her closer to Jefferson and Nathan (Even though she had Frank for a time, she definitely cared about him but got scared and put some distance)

The real problem occurred when Jefferson/Nathan abducted her and forcibly drugged her. For whatever reason she woke up, realized what was happening, and maybe even learned they did this to other girls.
Even though Jefferson said it was all Nathan, that doesn't make sense to me. I think Jefferson realized Rachel was becoming a liability to him so he killed her with an overdose and then conveniently got blame it on Nathan and make sure he never disobeyed/questioned him again. Since apparently Nathan had feelings for Rachel, maybe a bit of jealously on Jefferson's part even if he doesn't want to admit it.

Overall it all very vague, complicated, and most of all: tragic.

I want to see Alice dancing at the Blackwell prom

Goodnight, /lisg/.
stay comfy.

Sleep well.

The line Rachel said about meeting someone that changed her life and the line that Jefferson said about how Rachel loved him just leaves so much room for interpretation.
>he killed her with an overdose and then conveniently got blame it on Nathan
Unless you mean Both Nathan and Jefferson drugged her and took pictures and while that was happening Jefferson gave her an overdose because in the game we see pictures of Nathan posing with her body.

I want to bully middle school max

Tsuntoria plz, we all know you bully Max because you long for the day when she turns around and slaps you. That tiny little hand of hers striking your cheek, leaving a searing red mark against perfect cream skin, reminding you that you're alive. By the time she slams you up against the wall and tells you how horrible you've been between rough gropes, that you're beautiful and talented and don't need to resort to that sort of thing, you'll be so fucking wet that your panties start floating. So you crane your neck and offer it to her. Enjoy the trail of gentle kisses and sharp nips down she plants down the path of your jugular vein, and groan in appreciation for a just moment. Then you whisper to your master: "Enough foreplay. Wrap your fucking hands around my neck and choke me blue."

Sbel = God

huh
yeah I guess I wouldn't mind that

Fuck off you french cunt. (You)=Sbel=shit

>uncomfy insults in /lisg/

L-lewd

So this game is gonna have a sequel or not?

They said yes.
Not the same characters.

I miss molli :(

Fake News

Yeah I'm pretty sure all that was said was 'we're done with Max's adventures'
We could get a game about a MISadventure

I want to ____ Kate

corrupt

Breakfast time!

The return of the kissing-crate

This one is really nice

I want to be Max's, Chloe's and Kate's friend!

REWIND THIS

They both did it.
Her shots were in the Dark Room so maybe Nathan did part of it, but Jefferson was there as well because of the pictures you mentioned.

>Max and Chloe: Adventures Through Time!
I really, really need this to be a Saturday morning cartoon series. I don't know what it would involve exactly, but that pic is a good start.

That's not nice

Is Max excited for Twin Peaks season 3?

Absolutely.

Chloe is pretty excited for it too, because then their movie evenings won't include FF movies so often as Max's pick.

Are they excited for the new Blade Runner movie?

>Vampyr flops
>Dontnod rushes out season 2 to stay afloat
>It's significantly worse than season 1

>season 2 flops
>DONTNOD realise how important comfy, characterisation and Pricefield are to the series
>season 3 feat. >pic related

Vampyr has no effect on S2

It's my dream that we'll see them again one day. Maybe.
Just look at stuff like Samurai Jack. Over a decade later and it's back! Maybe we'll see them again in the future.
WHATCHA

They'll probably make a date of seeing it, but they will still love the original. If they even pay attention and don't just spend the whole movie starring at, and cuddling with, each other.

How much longer can /lisg/ go without any news about Vampyr, the series, or S2?
Most conversations are just agreement or heavy disagreement because there are different views on some key parts of the game.

I don't know, but it's slowing down a ton. ;_;

It is also a weekday. /lisg/ is more active around the evening/night. And the weekends.
I am starting to miss the speed of when there was new content though. Hopefully not too much longer.

If S2 is truly not even getting an announcement until 2018, the prospective is grim.

Yeah, S2 probably not until 2018.
It may be slow now but things do pick up. Keep in mind the board moves fast sometimes.
If we absolutely had to we could move to another board but I don't see that being an issue yet, if ever.
As long as people watch the catalog and bump when needed. But at the same time I don't want /lisg/ to become an image dump with nothing going on.

>no bodypillow with max's face shopped on
Well, the framed picture next to bed is creepy enough as is.

>dat fucking poney on the shelf
Perfect. 10/10 Warren.

That looks nice for a dorm room.
I think Max got gipped on hers. She'll have to make up for it with her apartment with Chloe.

Did you expect anything less? Just take a guess what kind of movies are on that shelf as well.
Photo on desk was probably just one Max took one day but her cherished it enough to frame it, hope he still isn't deluding himself when it comes to her.

When's that contest end? I want to see more.
Only ones I've seen so are that, Brooke's dorm room, and Jefferson's hous by Captain Joshi (Which was fucking awesome)

Ends on 31st of this month.

I'm afraid there won't be too many entries. I think they have to be uploaded to the site, and as of now, it's still only a handful. But we'll see.

Oh. That's a shame if there's more prizes then people. If I had more spare time and skill I would have tired to do something.
But all my ability is limited to hand drawn.

Unfortunately the LiS community has boiled down a good portion. Which is to be expected, it's only those now finding the game or those totally gripped by it that are around now.
Both a blessing and a curse that I cannot let go of things I get really into.

I'm not fussed; I'll be here with the last of you and feel all the more grateful and special for it!

I want to see David's office at Blackwell. All the monitors, photos of him from the army, him and Joyce, even one he got from Joyce of Chloe smiling that he keeps on his desk.
If you look at Blackwell's floor plan he has a tiny office but Jefferson's is twice the size of his classroom (Still can't contain his ego)