/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have a steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about either "official" or not steam or discord groups, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore them.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, March 23rd:
1400 – The Trần dynasty of Vietnam is deposed, after one hundred and seventy-five years of rule, by Hồ Quý Ly, a court official.
1540 – Waltham Abbey is surrendered to King Henry VIII of England; the last religious community to be closed during the Dissolution of the Monasteries.
1568 – The Peace of Longjumeau is signed, ending the second phase of the French Wars of Religion.
1708 – James Francis Edward Stuart lands at the Firth of Forth.
1775 – American Revolutionary War: Patrick Henry delivers his speech – "Give me liberty, or give me death!" – at St. John's Episcopal Church, Richmond, Virginia.

>News
CK2 Monks and Mystics is out. Check the archive.

>Developement Diaries
EU4 - 14/03
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-14th-of-march-2017.1005196/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!PQgxyACD!bpcXXoWI3Pfu_PJ1_sz5D7wKYO2OStEWr_npgpw0B_w

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hip-release-2017-03-22-cacao1.1007066/
youtu.be/0I71VX5RyGA
youtube.com/watch?v=O6XxMR9-6uQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder that the warning
>Report and ignore them.
Is already in the OP and does not need to be repeated.

Ugh, we got the autistic March of the Eagles OP again. I might have to start doing the threads at this time of day myself.

For your information, me laddy mate, post timers work cross thread. I didn't make a concious decision to wait.

White and based

What's wrong with this, laddo? It was made by the same chink who made the original, this just demotes Aurora and Distant worlds to the "Miscellaneous Titles, Errata, and Oddities" catagory, where they should be.

the timer doesn't matter, you didn't link the thread because you wanted the first reply

Rate my Africa

Latest version of HIP (2.7.x compatible):
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hip-release-2017-03-22-cacao1.1007066/

>get Reaper's Due and M&M from last sale
>leave supernatural events on
>200 years in and my character has 15+ in every stat and 35+ in learning and he's immortal
>due to long rule relation bonus every vassal has +100 opinion that prevents any sort of factions forming and making every council member a loyalist

interesting...

Is that greece on its side or a shithole no one cars about? I mean greece is included in the second part but...

Too lush/10

As is the right of any OP. Back to plebian tier non OPposting for you, laddo.

Greece is on the map right in the middle of the Mediterranean sea where it's supposed to be

>I can't string my thoughts together into a coherent paragraph
You're not confident, you're stupid. You have to write in little one line stream-of-consciousness blurbs because you're not smart enough to do otherwise.

Is there a difference?

are you baiting? that map is nowhere near Greece

Is Byzantium user here. I am enjoying him struggle through his mismanagement of debts, makes his campaign overall feel more realistic.

English localisation or "local" names?

>not liking native names
Nice lack of immersion, laddo.
*tips PruBia*

Anyone else here unironically like to go to reddit

i ironically go to ferment my hatred towards them

I urinocally am a /r/the_donald because I'm le White.

Based Israel, amirite my fellow centipede?

Whats big benis?

I hate both of you

>/gsg/ will 404 in your lifetime
It won't be missed.

I missed the critical mass of shitposting that killed /gsg/. I stopped coming here for like 2 months when it would get a new thread every few hours and now its
>page 10

So this is how /gsg/ dies, hm?

Well no one is posting /gsg/ content and my shitty laptop can only play DH

>theres no such thing as perfect borders in a perfect game in a perfect mod by a perfect person-

>Balkans

Fix the balklands and France and I'll call it perfect.

R&I is going to be so pissed when he wakes up and finds out I made a MotE thread again with Aurora and DW out.

>he doesn't like enclaves

>balklands

So is it worth making territories into trading companies in EU4?

For example, I've got some territories scattered in West and South Africa as Portugal. I made them all into trade companies. I figured since I would just be steering trade, and the provinces were shitty in terms of goods, I'd just make them into trading companies. Did I fuck up or was that a good idea?

>about to start mongol run
>dlc about to come out
Guess I'll just watch old Top Gear.

Is Monks and Mystics worth it?

>Hungary calls me into a war against Poland
>I don't want them to expand too much, since I want that Polish land
>strategically siege so all lands they've occupied are cut off from their land
>they can't demand anything in the peace
>the give me the province I have a claim on
>I GAIN 14 favors

Absolutely subversive

youtu.be/0I71VX5RyGA

not until geheminacht releases the new update in a few weeks/months

Fuck off fantasy memer.

No, it is pretty shitty. Might be better after a couple updates. Probably worth it if you're into the Game of Thrones or After the End mods though. I assume they'll be able to do cool things with it unlike the guys that actually made it.

>south africa general NEVER stays up on /pol/
killed that place better than any tumblefty/pol/ raid ever could.

Is after the end still updated?

I thought that was dead

Help me choose my next HIP playthrough
>1066 or Alexiad: restore Persia as a custom ruler: Yuhanon Jafari
>Saladin start as a custom Fatimid ruler establish an North-African Caliphate
>Alexiad start as Alexios
>Norman England
>restore Karling France
I'm open to ideas

Someone teach me how to play Crisis in the Kremlin please.

You mean too many immigrant too quickly can destroy the cohesion of a group of people? No way! You racist!

monks and mystics is fucking shit content wise, and the only good thing that will come out of it is the ability to work with artifacts and societies/cults. gheminsbundheit is actual fantasy though unlike vanilla, so I don't have a problem with magic cults summoning demons in it unlike vanilla

>new HIP mod is not compatable with old save games

>another rebuilt Rome vanishes into dust

I mannaged to nab all of Western Europe, Hungary, Saxony and Mesopotamia.

Now I start all over

Again

>gheminsbundheit is actual fantasy though unlike vanilla, so I don't have a problem with magic cults summoning demons in it unlike vanilla
Can't you disable it in the options?

How are you supposed to beat the Ottomans in EU4? Or, any suggestions for the predicament myself and my friends find ourselves in?

They got lucky nation and now have almost 200 force limit. The next highest is Spain (who is also lucky, and has integrated Aragon and Naples) who have 80 force limit.

I'm playing fucking Ethiopia, and my mates are Hungary (good player, but just dismantled in the 30YW by the Ottomans) and Milan (average player). I couldn't stop the Mamluks because they became an Ottoman protectorate early on, but should be able to start taking them apart now.

We're also lacking the last 2 DLC so I get fuckall religious bonuses.

restore the gothic empire

>going past the rhine
>blobbing in russia
It didn't deserve to live.

As who, lad?

Yes, first update since Vikings that has gotten me to play any significant amount of time.

a goth

Didn't reach full extent borders
>Can't you disable it in the options?
Yes you can, people are just autists over Paradox embracing the fantasy elements that they have hinted at previously but kept as a gray area. People were into it so it was fully added in, but with the option to turn it off and stay ironman.

The way to stop the Ottomans is to pounce on their Anatolian cores before they can nab them at the beginning of the game. If you're not in a position to do that then it's just a slog through several wars to dismantle them.

I don't even know if that's possible. Even if me and Hungary and Milan and one or two big allies (Spain and Persia maybe) ganged up and isolated the Ottomans, their troop quality, quantity, and manpower growth means that it'll probably be very fucking difficult to beat them even once.

Well, it's partly that, and partly that it's just another Sunset Invasion where DUDE SATAN LMAO is the main focus. The Hermetic Society is straight up missing half it's functionality, since alchemical ingredients can't be used. The two monk orders are practically identical, and most other religious groups don't even get any societies other than Satan reskins.

Keep an eye out for if they get the Janissary Decadence event. It happens if they're ruler doesn't have a 5 or higher in any stat. They get a massive tech and idea cost increase, and the only way to get rid of it is to permanently disband the janissaries, killing their combat advantage, or to have their ruler have a 5 or higher in any stat, i.e. they have to eat the tech and idea cost for the life of their ruler.

Thanks, I'll do that.

>Well, it's partly that, and partly that it's just another Sunset Invasion where DUDE SATAN LMAO is the main focus. The Hermetic Society is straight up missing half it's functionality, since alchemical ingredients can't be used. The two monk orders are practically identical, and most other religious groups don't even get any societies other than Satan reskins.
Maybe I've just been enjoying the re-touched European stuff and the treasury/artifact system too much. Your points are all true, it just hasn't really diminished my fun (aside from the fact that the Orders are just awful, I was expecting some Crusader stuff)

>someone actually saved my image from the continuation of the meme MP game with GloriousKike and SIM

Actually I went through the archived and searched "gross germaniums" to bump the thread.

Now I know it was from a steamcordplaza MP game I feel sick.

I'm really looking forward to 2.7.1 M&M update. The Satanists are getting nerfed, there has been some hinting at Inquisition features and the secret cult mechanics (which are the best thing in this DLC if you ask me) will get some further depth, specifically in terms of how engaging the AI is while being a member or heading the said cult.

The jewish fucks at Paradox should literally get sued for false advertising however. They have blatantly put forth an evidently unfinished product with missing features, such as the ones you have mentioned.

Thankfully, I never bought a single Paradox game in my entire life.

Nice. Are you going for t.prussiums or are you staying as the order?

Doing Baltic Crusader, so I'm cleansing the east of Orthodoxy in the name of the Pope. Check out these snazzy motherfuckers. Third nation in the world to adopt firearms-wielding infantry.

>british police are finally going to adopt firearms-wielding infantry

Outnumbered, but technologically superior, our troops manage to hold the siege of Moscow against the Russian hordes.

I hate that this is a great victory in EU4. In V2 this would be expected. EU4 models technological superiority extremely poorly, not that it even matters now as the entire world is the same technological level thanks to SJW institutions.

It was mostly people from the thread though steamcordplaza did invade. There was one particular Persia player that got so butthurt no one defended him from the t. urks that he said we were 'banned from official steamgruppe games'.

Looking at that map always makes it so clear how much longer the Roman Empire could have survived if they had subdued the germanic tribes and achieved their natural borders across central Europe. Raetia, Noricum, Pannonia, the soft underbelly of the Empire, the only direction from which it was completely vulnerable. That's where the barbarians endlessly spilled across the border delivering the mortal wound into the heart of Rome.

Oh yeah, Sim and the discord bumbiys are willy wagglers, not steamgroup.

It always amuses me that despite all of you sharing a common goal to destroy /gsg/ you still infight.

>a handful of pure white germanic "inferiors" defeated the entire roman empire
And Medbloods never recovered.

Who are the single easiest and hardest nations to play in
>EU4
>Victoria 2
>CK2
>HOI3

>a handful of pure white germanic "inferiors" defeated the entire roman empire
But that's not what happened at all. It was literally a migration of an entire race of people. It's no wonder civilization fell when those pale neanderthals flooded it.

If they could have been integrated into the empire and (even just barely) civilized like the Gauls, they would've provided an ample frontier defense that would've preserved the empire for a thousand years at least. But of course in 500 years no one could civilize them, they were too brutish.

Smelling blood in the water, the steppe peoples have jumped at the chance to knock Muscovy down a few pegs.

Easiest and hardest to do what? Survive? Blob?

Anything, both, just a general matter of opinion.

>>EU4
France before MoH, Ming after
Hardest was probably African niggers, but SJW institutions made them easy so probably one of those OPM vassals of Russia.
>>Victoria 2
Hard to define easiest and hardest, as all nations have their own different pros and cons, but easiest is probably France, just for not having to do the three wars Germany needs to unify.
Hardest is definately and obviously Tripoli, start at war with a boss nigger.
>>CK2
Easiest is ERE, starts with the ability to revoke dukedoms so is strong as fuck.
Hardest is some random count.
>>HOI3
Easiest is America, as it's prsctically impossible to lose and they have shittonnes of IC.
Hardest is probably Luxembourg, unless you go axis.

>get beat
>cry like a bitch

>Ottomans and depending on what goals you have to accomplish, Ryukyu nominally
>I don't play liquor simulator
>Depends on start date: Charlemagne through to Stamford would be Byzantium, weakest would be highly dependent on what ruler you roll, I'd say any OPM with a claim on their province held by a large neighbor
>Haven't played a lot, but the countries with the most and least IC/land, so America and Luxembourg

Ryukyu probably isn't harder than some of the OPMs over in Burma. AI rarely unifies Japan in a short enough time to get the mission to annex you before you've built up a power base by colonizing.

>this is how a germanic barbarian thinks

Why can't I save in EU4? I can save my file a few times but after a few hours play it won't let me override or start a new save. No steam.

Fair enough, I'm not good enough at EU4 to determine which nation is most difficult, other than x is easy, y is difficult, with little to no spectrum of differentiation

my life is a meme

Don't compress save files

Is that the only issue? What does compressing save files actually do?

Corrupts them

Only reason I mention those specifically is because of shit like this: youtube.com/watch?v=O6XxMR9-6uQ

>Victoria 2
>whats strongest
>game literally named after Empress Victoria

Lad, the sun never sets on you. in the moment the game loads in 1836.01.01 youre in such a commanding position you can start badboy wars from day 1 in unmodded vicky and blockade everyone into WE-fueled rebel cycling collapsemode.

Hardest is tripoli. You need both extreme cheese and luck even just to successfully survive your first war.

>CK2

No idea what would be the strongest, I'm not familiar with the gamebreakers.
Weakest might be some zoroastrian trying to hold the tide aganist muslims or some random throwaway minor noble anywhwere.

>HoI

USA. The AI is retarded when it comes to naval stuff and you got a free hand and the IC to meddle with the worlds affairs as you plese.
Bhutan? I mean, its hard to get annexed unless you go around kicking beehives but your ability to impact the game is zero

>EU4+3

Le Grande Bleu of course. There is that bitch ass cheese with the native minors though, its funny as fuck. Still cant recreate EU3 levels of cheese with Ming+Oirat stability event resetting.
Some christian minor bordering ottomemes probably. Even in EU3 the meme ryukyu wasnt hard, just tedious. The hardest time I had in EU were with chimu, oyo and the likes. You are basically not even a functional country, just an NPC for others to beat up. It takes hours to carefully dance out every colonial war and bleed out the enemy through WE and a single fuckup means you can reload or you'll be annexed.

>UK is strongest
Wrong.

UK is one of the weakest nations there is, they have to divide their forces, making them easy to kill. Australia has 15,000 people, NZ none, South Africa 30,000, Canada 45,000, Britain 100,000, India 200,000, anybody can simply move their army into these places and take them because they don't have to divide their forces like this, weakening themselves.

>No idea what would be the strongest, I'm not familiar with the gamebreakers.
The Karlingblob or starting as a ViKANG in ToG / Charlememe, Vikings get ridiculous bonuses for pagans and can raid even when reformed.

>Le Grande Bleu of course.
Looks like it'll be Ming by next expansion though. In player hands, China is complete fucking bullshit, which is probably obvious - at the beginning of the game you have the national development of the next three GPs, combined.

>Britain is one of the weakest nations there is
user not him but you can LITERALLY AFK from the game and you have a 30% chance of being #1 by the time the game finishes.

Oh sure, for the player. I thought we were measuring strategic inherent difficulty. You can make almost any country a GP.

I just assumed he is shitposting.

>In player hands, China is complete fucking bullshit, which is probably obvious - at the beginning of the game you have the national development of the next three GPs, combined.

The saddest thing is, its historically accurate. Ming china was on the eve of an industrial revolution breaking out, they mined coal, knew about rudimentary steam engines, replacable parts, mass production and the like but then they had a string of retarded emperos who crippled them into a joke for centuries. I especially love the part when they scuttled the worlds largest and most advanced navy able to sail anywhere from north america to the horn of africa and razed all their coastal settlements because they hated japanese pirates so much.

Well depending on how you measure strategic inherent difficulty
Britain starts off ahead of the game on industrialization and shit. The US has a good chance of overtaking them sure but Britain is probably the next best situated to become the industrial giant of the world.

>replaceable parts / mass production
user those were in place by 200 BCE. Qin crossbows had replaceable stocks and bows.

Yeah, but as I said their division of units makes them vulnerable. It's not like continuous land based powers like Russia, Germany, Frqnce, Austria, Spain, etcetera, they constantly have to divide their army to the point that they're only an eight as strong as a nation that can ship it's entire army to fight them.

Having said that, they do mobilize a shittonne of troops in Britain proper in the late game, regularly 300,000+