/ovg/ - BRYCE CANYON HYPE EDITION

Welcome to Auto Vidya General, the place to talk about driving and racing games

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HebwFf709vw
mega.nz/#!6QpC0YTD!eptd7fGXEJMnkRNwmL4s3u_6nO2k-Lp7F5WjisYjfTo
get-good.net/index.php?title=RFactor
brokeprotocol.com/download/
youtube.com/watch?v=RC2gz1vGBtY
youtube.com/watch?v=W8wlXH_SlHQ
youtube.com/watch?v=PxO9WeOWXFc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit?pli=1#gid=739428539
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

@17181331
>tripfag
fuck off

It looks like yet another bad drifting game made in Unity or Unreal with some bought or stolen assets. There are approximately 500 of them on Steam and they're all exactly the same

An old /ovg/ related achievement I had forgotten about.

>100.91%
>.91
???

On the PAL versions you can do races with both Opel and Vauxhall and get that extra percentage.

The European version of Gran Turismo 2 had multiple languages. If you select any language other than English, Vauxhall turns into Opel. And it's not just the badge texture in the menu that change, Vauxhalls and Opels are entirely seperate cars that have slightly different textures but are identical otherwise.
And because of that, the Tigra Cup, which is a manufacturer specific cup, can be done twice. Once with Vauxhall and a second time with Opel

at least you got to hang out with the spectators

Explanation and tutorial:
>The EU version of the game has 5 languages
>English, German, French, Italian and Spanish(I think)
>Each Race provides around 0.455%
>For all of them except English the European GM car of choice was Opel as the representative of Continental Europe
>But for the English version they chose the British version - Vauxhall
>To achieve 100% you need to beat all the races at least one - this includes the races for the makes too
>Vauxhall and Opel are 2 different entities
>You do the Vauxhall ones
>Switch to one of the other 4 languages
>Beat the make races
>Save

Congratulations, you have now passed the game past the developers thought was possible at the time.

>clip through spectators
>nothing happens
even worse simulation value than RBR and SHiT Rally

>download arca sim racing x because it's free and i'm an amerifat
>take forever to download tracks and cars
>launch game
>trucks wont load in showroom
>cup and gns cars have no skins
>arca cars are only cars that work right
>load up race
>car constantly veers to the left
>look for steering assist option
>nothing
>lower sensitivity and up deadzone
>fixes nothing
>load a road course with right turns
>veering stops
>back to oval
>veering is there again

Why is this game considered the best stock car racing game again?

>car constantly veers left on ovals
>doesn't on road courses

It's part of the oval setups. You see this in almost every oval racing game

>you
kek

Well that setup is fucking annoying, especially on Indy with its fuckhuge back straight. Other than that, I can only work with Forza's simple tuning system, so what do I adjust to stop the car from veering?

You don't and you can't. Get used to it.

Fuck.

Well can you help me the missing skins and the inability for trucks to load.

Did you download everything?
The default skins are mostly blank ones.

Those races were quite fun. I would suggest this league for everyone to race, if people pull out of it.

Downloaded and redownloaded.

All the ARCA cars load fine and have their skins with the exception of cars whose numbers don't run in ARCA, GNS cars load but have no skins other than default which is the Camary skin regardless of whether your driving the Camaro or the Camry. Cup cars are the same thing. The car's model loads fine, but no matter what number you select, it''s the default skin with no option to change it. Trucks won't load at all. Every time I flip over to the Truck catagory, the pace car loads. If I try and select ANY number, the game freezes for like 30 seconds and then says it's unable to load the model. I have checked and double checked to make sure the models and skins are downloaded, but time and time again, nothing works.

However, I should probably note this only happens in the showroom. I haven't taken any of the cars with skins no skins other than default to the track.

Make sure you're using DX9
As for the cup car skins you should be able to just download them and use them.

Again, the launcher clearly says I have the skins downloaded. I even scroll to number I know run in NASCAR and still it's the default skin and nothing else.

Anyways, will try launching with DX9. Old games can be finickey on Win 10.

The cup skins are under the cars named like SCEFord, not the generic numbers for some reason.

Reminder that this week for the Friday pickups we will be running the Super Trofeo around luccaring. The links for the car and the track are on the doc, along with the necessary info.

Thanks. Loaded with DX9 and trucks loaded. For some reason, only certain obscure numbers have skins that aren't the default and even then it's the exact same skin for each one with the only difference being the color scheme. Same with GNS cars, only the single digit numbers like 1, 2 and 3 have skins and they're all the same just different color. Are the actual skins listed under a stupid name like cup car skins are?

No, GNS and trucks don't have real skins.
If you really want skins for them you can download people's own skins from the servers in the launcher, but there's a shitload of them.

>He doesn't drive with all assists on and automatic
It's almost like you don't want to enjoy your sims

So since the Forza Horizon games are pretty much the only openworld racing franchise left that isn't mostly contained within cities, where would you like to see it go next?

I'd personally like somewhere in South America with a lotta beaches, mountains, and some tropical forests - like Chile or Argentina. That or Japan, but with an emphasis on the rural and traditional settlements rather than being purely a neon-drenched Tokyo.

youtube.com/watch?v=HebwFf709vw

I'm as unexcited for PCARS2 as everyone else here, but I have to admit, this is a pretty nice trailer.

Game will still be shit. How I know that, I don't. I'm just using /v/ logic here.

Can someone put this up on the doc for MX5

mega.nz/#!6QpC0YTD!eptd7fGXEJMnkRNwmL4s3u_6nO2k-Lp7F5WjisYjfTo

Honestly I'd kinda like to see Ireland.
>Pretty castle/church/monastery/burial ruins dotting the landscape
>Good mix of charming rural towns and cities with modern-meets-Georgian architecture
>Plenty of interesting sights like the Cliffs of Moher or the Curragh to race around
>Plenty of rolling fields and forests for miles on end and farmland to go crashing through
>Surprisingly mountainous with the perfect kind of dangerous country roads for drifting on in a shitbox for the ultimate thrill
>Already naturally unpredictable and rapidly changing weather

My predictions for future Forza Horizon games

Japan around the Mt.Fuji region. Loads of mountain roads, some cities like Fuji which are big but not Tokyo-tier big and some highways that go through a lot of mountains. Maybe even a license for the Fuji Speedway.

Germany around the Eifel region. rural roads through forests and mountains, many small to medium size villages and ruins and stuff, some Autobahn stretches and the possibilty for a Nürburgring license so in that sense pretty similar to my idea for Japan

Hong Kong with an emphasis on the difference between the huge city and the nature in Lantau Island, with some additional roads added on there so you can actually go somewhere on it.

It's been on three different continents so far so my best guess is Japan. Probably not Tokyo because what said would work better.

YO, help me out /ovg/. What the Fucki is up with RFactor install? Thanks

Did you follow the steps here get-good.net/index.php?title=RFactor ?

>tfw no sub-saharan africa forza where you drive around rusted out shitboxes with a few dozen miles left in them

How about actual saharan africa and it's a rally raid game instead.

>playing gt4
>win the Superbird
>known for being one of the first cars to break 200 mph
>tops out at 130mph

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Well at least it destroys everything except the Cobra in the classic championship.

as long as one of the vehicles ingame is a bm-21 with the rocket pod still attached, i'm game

>what are gears

Tire stagger is why it veers to the left. The tires on the right are larger so it points to the left with the wheel straight.

>track only has left turns
>gee i wonder why this car is exceptionally good at turning left

JOIN MY ASSETTO CORSA SERVER

Spaghetto Corsa - US East

we running jap pack rx7 and r34

Free/pirate-able casual-fag car game with best gfx and can be played without wheel?

I'm a non-gamer who just got a powerful laptop and wanna experience what video games are like.

brokeprotocol.com/download/

Saw this on r/pcmasterrace. Apparently this guy got 500 upfarts on his post 2 years ago and made a low poly GTA clone. Alpha is free to test online and offline. Not the best graphically, and auto is only a small part of the game, but trust me, the online is fun as fuck. Just be weary it's far from finished, and will take some time to figure out the awkward controls.

cool server, did enjoy. You should rotate the maps more often

nah mayng i hate vidya games, i'm not a gamer, i just can't afford burning premium fuel all the time and crashing into things so i wanna try it out on a cumpooper.

i'm thinkin like Need fro Speed type things, but i don't know shit about games so i don't know what's out there

NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO

they should do that with the front and rear tyres so the car accelerates with gravity alone

is there a way to rotate maps without crashing server?

>what is a cool free game
>i hate vidyah games
>i can't burn premium fuel so i play on computer

Are you retarded?

No my point is I'm not a gamer, aka I'm not into games for the sake of things ppl typically like in games, lik ehaving a character, running around shooting, whatever gamers do. I just want the automotive experience without using my car.

I already gave examples, NFS type games, but since I don't keep up with games I'm asking for modern recommendations.

>Overreacting: The webm

Well, if a completely free game with nothing but auto for PC is your thing you're shit out of luck because there's not really a market for that besides flash games from 15 years ago. My only reccomendations are ASRX and RaceRoom, but those are both high-skill sims that won't work for a casual like you. If you're willing to expand you horizons, mobile trash is an option, but those games are littered with micro-dlc and really only provide 5-10 minutes of fun before they get old.

The Crew is the game you want

He wanted free games, and Ubi games are anything but free. Besides, the sheer "it could be better" factor of The Crew can be a teal turn-off unless you really get into it.

if you can manage to pirate it forza horizon 3 could work

>Playing Hot Wheels expansion
>In prerace menu girl says to me: "I asked the Hot Wheels guys how they get the boost pads to work, and they asked me how we could turn back time. Do you have any idea what they're on about?"
>mfw

server's up btw

The Bunch was free for one month last year.

coom

>tfw we found a whiplash enthusiast who isn't from /ovg/

was there anyone not from /ovg/ in the chat? apart from the caster I mean

I don't get it.

Forza has a rewind feature, similar to the Codemasters games where you can rewind the race for a couple of seconds if you make a mistake instead of having to restart it

Oh right. I've been playing to much MC2 lately and kinda forgot rewinding in racing games is low-key a thing now.

I never hear anyone talk about Midnight Club here. What does /ovg/ think of it?

I only played a little bit of 3 but I felt it was quite fun.
Kinda surprised why there hasn't been a new one. Especially seeing how car tuning games are now more sought after NFS 2015 and Forza Horizon 3 with it's increased focus on visual tuning with the widebody kits. And people were kinda disappointed with the tuning in both of those games so it would be perfect.
They could just use GTA V as a base. The handling in that game already feels pretty Midnight Club like.

>bopped bystander while going less than one kilometer per hour
>helicopter, end race
>hurr simulation value
maybe it could work in football

I strongly dislike 1 and 2 (I'm not gud enough), never played 3, but I really dug LA, especially since the equivalent NFS game was Undercover.

Some people watch it, but they are really a handfull. It's mostly the people from the waiting list.

The Osaka ring with traffic would be nice

youtube.com/watch?v=RC2gz1vGBtY
youtube.com/watch?v=W8wlXH_SlHQ

New Project CARS 2 screens anyone?

What do you want to see?

Hot pics of James

Serve up a Ferrari or Porsche (if you have one at least) I've heard SMS has their hands on the licenses, but they refuse to confirm it.

Put your trip on James.

>oh wow they're saying nice things about pcars guess james is being retarded again and forgot his trip

Can you let us enjoy game we legitimately enjoy?

Put your trip on James.

Ferrari and Porsche will be revealed soon, I won't post unannounced content, sorry.

fuck off james you help ruin this board you don't get to enjoy nice things without your trip on so we can ignore you

Why should I believe you? You're not James, because contrary to the above meme, he never forgets his trip, so you must've bought access to the alpha, or you're an SMS employee retarded enough to come to the one place on the internet that hates your game more than the official forums.

Vulcan is still nice tho.

He at least used to post as user to stir up shit

>inb4 this becomes /ovg/'s official slogan/a copypasta to replace the "put your trip on, faggot" meme

Fuck, I never knew that he was that evil. I thought he was the world's most self-aware shill. Is there a bard's tale about this faggot that I'm unaware of?

>tfw have to do a rebuild of my PC for Forza 7
What should I prioritize? Right now I have
>FX8320 CPU
>R9 280X GPU
>8Gb RAM
Should I get a second 280X? Should I get a new CPU or overclock it?

Well considering I manage to get 40+ FPS in high 1080p 4x MSAA in Horizon 3 with a GTX880M (8 GB, but the chip itself is on par with a GTX660) you prob won't need anything.

First revealed Ferrari cars will be road ones.

youtube.com/watch?v=PxO9WeOWXFc is just the start of it but these days he has bigger fish to fry than sending the police to SJ's house or getting him kicked out of university.

Clearly I need to lurk more. Tell me in text form the tale of /ovg/'s autistic drivers in as few words as possible. I refuse to spend weeks lurking and I don't want to take time out of my day to watch a one hour stream archive.

based but rockstar is inhaling too much shark card money to give us a new one

>tfw R* went full jew and literally called the new Red Dead "RDR2"

Reminder there is a race happening tonight, in about an hour docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit?pli=1#gid=739428539

Hot Wheels series when?

Can't see how anyone can be excited about a pyramid scheme by a company that is known for scamming their customers. Especially when we know that James self-posts constantly and is sponsored by SMS.