Hey Veeky Forums

Hey Veeky Forums

Wife and I are looking to get a new crossover as the family car.

She's leaning towards range rover evoque but I want the car to have some decent offroad capabilities.

I'm looking at jeep cherokee trailhawk.

What can Veeky Forums recommend?

A double suicide will be a better option for you both

>crossover
Just walk up into the dealer at this point.

Be a normal American and buy a Crew Cab 1 ton truck

6 speed Rav4.

You don't have to be a badgewhore, the interior is legit nice and it won't break the bank with maintenance.

What's wrong with crossovers?

Aren't they just smaller suv's? We're not trying to get a huge fucking car

I'm also looking into ranger rover sport.

Crossovers are big hatchbacks, the cars you mentioned are suvs

Evoque actually has really decent offroad capabilities, if equipped with proper wheels/tires. Your wife won't allow you to take your shiny new $50k SUV far enough off-road where it's insufficient.

crossovers are essentially larger versions of sedans. SUVs have different chassis (unibody).

if you're actually going to go offroad, get the evoque and put proper tires on it. otherwise just get a sedan

Both terms are pretty meaningless. "SUV" covers basically anything from oldschool body-on-frame off-roaders to FWD hatchbacks with black plastic moldings around wheel wells.

>SUVs have different chassis (unibody).

Uh, what? The last body-on-frame sedan has been discontinued years ago.

>buying a cuckover
Kill yourself.

you're not really going to be taking it to any serious off road trails,are you?
buy a 2008+ land cruiser and get it lifted

>cuckover
>lol might as well just walk up to a dealer lel
>your opinion

I bet it will be to drive your wife's son to school right?

if SUVs are for cucks, then crossovers are for double cucks.

also the evoque is tiny as hell
if you want something more fuel efficient than the lc,which is the tankiest suv that you can buy,lease a rr sport

Used tsx sportwagen
Used Lexus ls430 or 460

Stop pretending you go off road.

if you actally want to go off road, get a 4runner. Tell your dumb shit badge whore wife that that range rover evoques are only sold to idiots who think they are buying a range rover

This man knows whats up.

I own the evoque. Evoque is better in every way except for size. It's in a different class altogether. And it is a Land Rover, it's better off road than the jeep. Torque vectoring is a great feature. Driving in snow is perfect.

>British reliability or fca reliability
tough choice

>family car
>off roading

whew lad

What's wrong with that?

Jeeps are garbage. Land Rovers are really nice but incredibly unreliable, unless they've improved alot recently. I'd keep looking if I were you.