How often do you guys floor it

how often do you guys floor it

i pretty much never floor it

Like twice in the last year? Once for fun and once because an Audi was trying to pass me before his lane merged and I decided to deny him. So, twice for fun.

With 122hp and 2600lbs I have to floor it a lot to keep up with traffic. Modern trucks, crossovers and anything with a 6+speed transmission are pretty damn quick these days.

some fuck stole my skate out of my suv so I had to chase him. wot for a solid 3 mins

XJ Cherokee 5 speed. I got WOT once or twice a week I think.

I live near San Francisco and for some reason there are almost no cops on these highways and everyone drives fast. It's really fun watching the needle go past the highest reading (85mph). Pretty sure I've cruised along the 880 at about 105 mph but I can only guess by how far past 85 the needle went.

>automagic '09 Ford Edge
>wow this transmission shifts slow as fuck
>floor it, let it out, floor it, let it out
>watch as tach barely even twitches

It's honestly complete trash, the power steering vibrates, the brakes are absolutely the most wet noodle pieces of shit ever, and it has shit visibility.

>mmm yes, a 3.5L V6 designed by mazda, this will be great.

Once or twice a week after the engine is warmed up.

a few times a gas tank. I heard it was good for carbon cleanup in the intake and the turbo. I'm not sure if that is true, but it is fun.

Only every once in a while.

Its a weird mixture of satisfying and frustrating when I put it to the floor. On one hand I get to hear my V8 roar out but on the other hand it doesn't accelerate as fast as I think it should.

I dont know how cops operated in these crown vics, they have the most anorexic V8, I swear.

Once the engine's warmed up, I tend to floor it whenever there's a stopped turn with enough idiot space

every day trying to get up a hill. also whenever i get on the freeway

Good thing other people do this. I have no problem letting people in, but when they try to pass at the last possible second they shouldn't get away with it.

>On one hand I get to hear my V8 roar out but on the other hand it doesn't accelerate as fast as I think it should.
>
>I dont know how cops operated in these crown vics, they have the most anorexic V8, I swear.
At least if you've got an Interceptor you have the 3.27 gears in the back; a stock Panther with 2.73s is lethargic at best and depressing at worst. It's even worse if you have the digital dash because then there isn't even a tachometer needle to watch spike, just a Ford Green number that slowly, slowly increases.

I floor it almost once per drive minimum

aint even scared

Every time I'm on a 55mph road.

All the time I have to since I drive a 100hp cuck box and I would get ran over if I didn't.

I have 60 HP and almost never floor it and I'm still faster than most people.

Everyday, i like to go fast and i dont care if i die

What the fuck are you people on

What a stupid move, you are in the far right lane and you dont want to be passed? If you had to floor it to "deny" him his merge, you are totally in the wrong, totally dangerous and it is perfectly legal to merge at the end as long as it is safe, truck drivers do all the time

Jesus o

>you are in the far right lane and you dont want to be passed?
Two lane road, I was in the left lane (going slightly over the speed limit), he was behind me, he decided to be a dick and get in the right lane and try to pass me right before that lane ended. I sped up, he ran out of road and had to get back behind me. He dropped way back after that

Redline a day keeps the carbon away

Lmao fucking every day. Every time I drive. Every time im in 2nd gear. Have to make the most of power i barely have.

>as long as it's safe

We're talking about pricks who try to pass someone in the last 50 feet of a lane in heavy traffic to get into a gap barely larger than their car. At least I am.

did you get the skate?

I see cars like mine for sale, with phrases like "always babied, never taken over 3,500RPM"

Mine never gets over 2,000 and I thought I drove moderately swift :(

I used to floor it every time I drove. Started driving "economically" during my short commute and only flooring it rarely on weekends as a treat, and it actually helped me be less stressed while driving and made my car feel faster when I did get on it.

Then I got new exhaust and a catless downpipe and I'm back to flooring it every damn day

I have to floor it in my shitbox to get up any sort of hill

>2000

What the fuck kind of engine is this?

Pretty much constantly after it's warmed up

One with torque

>high revving 2.0 NA

WOT is a common occurrence. the motor is quite happy to do it too.

>bought manual I4 shitbox that's so base-model it doesn't even have a tach
>just a little light that tells you when to shift
>previous car had a V8
>assume I've been driving spiritedly and using the powerband and the car is just a gutless econobox, based on the sound of the engine/exhaust
>decide to actually find the rev limiter one day
>at 40mph in 3rd, step on it
>speedo goes past where I'd normally shift
>just keeps going
>and going
>engine sound keeps getting higher
>shit's approaching sport bike levels of noise
>power finally cuts off at 90mph in 3rd gear
>mfw
Turns out I know nothing about my car. I felt like Dagumi when he got his new engine.

Every on ramp, and whenever I'm tearing up backroads. Both of which are daily occurrences.

What car?

>tfw every on ramp there's someone infront of me so I can't
>literally every time

Not him but I dd a car with a v6, so I wouldn't know

2.0 Duratec Focus. Also the exhaust was louder than it should have been because the muffler is full of holes, which probably contributed to my confusion.

Alright, I'll let you in on my secret technique on how to WOT on every on ramp.
Make sure you leave a good sized gap between you and the car in front of you. When you get to the point where this guy cleared the gore point, floor it, merge, hopefully by the time you catch up to him you can just hop left and continue on your WOT journey to triple digits. I do this because I'm a massive cunt and don't really care about others on the road, but if you do care or have people who care in the car with you, don't do it

Shame you didn't crash your car (preferably into Sataniafag). The board would have improved immensely.

Newfag here. What is WOT?

WOT Ottomotive Technology

nigga you driving a tractor?

i rev my 2.4 out to 8100 every single day

Wide Open Throttle

Wide Open Throttle

Normied I'd just meme on you, but I didn't know what it meant for the longest time either and it drove me nuts

Wide open throttle

Are search engines banned where you're at?

not as often as i'd like

because my car is known to grenade itself if you beat on it.

>ims bearing

only when I'm overtaking someone really, so once or twice a week maybe.

Not that often in the car, WOT all day erry day on the bike.

Basically every stop sign, or traffic light when i'm the first to go when it goes green, and every freeway onramp.

I've never floored it. I'm too short to press the peddle all the way in.

nigga just move your chair up

It's all the way forward

:(

rarely, except when I'm driving my pos 1990 f150 with a 302. You basically have to floor the damn thing all the time to make any power.

How tall are you and what car?

yea
lol butthurt

4'6"

Ram 3500

How did you lose your legs?

That's adorable user.

Just about every other fill-up from empty to make sure that gas gets sucked in, and when merging into the interstate from ramp. '12 Fiesta in case anyones curious.

I'm just imagining you reaching the pedal while trying to keep a view of the road without the steering wheel in your face.

Whenever possible.

>Prez/o/ is a skateboard fag

That explains his faggotry

Stay mad cuck tranny fucker

Every once in a while. My car is kinda old and I'd feel like I'd break it if I threw it around hard and floored it alot.

It's an '03 2.5L Altima, for it being a 14 year old sedan with a 4 cylinder engine it actually feels pretty peppy. I like that the gears feel relatively long and that I don't go above about 2.5k-3k RPM if I'm driving normally, so when I gun it up to 5k it feels like I'm hauling ass.

Once I randomly raced a mid 00's Corolla S from a red light on a Sunday Afternoon. I lost but it was fun, I'd never expirienced speeding side by side with another car IRL with both engines screaming.

fuck you

>2008 spectra
>floor it
>engine sounds like it's going to violently explode when it hits 6.5k rpm
>Kia says this is normal

Projecting much???

lmao fucking manlets

this anons are my brothers

Same user

Every time I go out. How could I not?

who needs search engines when you have redditors feeding your answers.

>buying a kia

>hand-me-down from relative

That's even worse. It's not just you that's dumb, it's your whole family

My automatic V6 Camry is actually more than willing to go all the way to red line, so I have fun with it a few times a month.

Sometimes I have to floor it when I'm pulling onto a road and I don't want to hold up traffic.

I'm not saying I cut people off when I enter a road but I mean roads that have enough traffic on them you can't enter and accelerate normally without holding up a bunch of cars. My truck isn't fast.

Every single day, probably about 10 times a day

livin the 4AGE life

Yeah, I hate me too

I have a huge open road that no one lives on because my commute requires me to go onto empty country roads with no cops because
>muh red county
so I would say 3-4 times a week not counting racing with friends

pic related is surprisingly fast and will out 0-60 many non-modded ricers, the 0-60 time is just under 7

alot

mmmmmm some 4afe

its a 7A

change the shit factory header and enjoy noticeable gains

change it to what? if i'm gonna start changing head stuff i'm gonna go the full 7ag route

A fair bit because im a dickhead with a straight piped maxima.

Any aftermarket. I put a cheap OBX header on my 4afe, made a large difference above 2.5k rpm. 4ag head is the best way to go tho

I drive a 4 cylinder Ford ranger (5-speed)

I ALWAYS floor it

I agree except I'll let them in if they're in a cool car

Integra RS
>floor it on every on ramp and empty industrial road i can

>yes it's incredibly loud

Project cars are allowed to be obnoxious

no you're not

>a skate"board" fag

lel don't get out much do you

Can anyone tell me why lifted truck drivers ALWAYS gun it hard as fuck at a stop?

Every. Single. Time.

I see it a mile away before it happens.

an inline fag? holy shit that is even worse

I'll make sure to ran over a couple of them next time I am at the park

Sounds like you're the one who merges properly

>his faggotry
>posts anime

I floor it every single time the traffic light turns green, but I quickly let off the accelerator once I reach the speed limit because I don't want to break the law.