/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

SPOILERS ONGOING AVOID THREAD IF NOT WANT

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah LoreThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda comics and MangaArt Collection
flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

THIS THREAD'S TOPIC:
You can make three changes to Guardians, which three changes do you make?
>Faster laser charges
>Able to move faster in bursts
>Footfalls cause damage
>Able to use feet as snippity snap attacks while their lasers charge
>Give them the guardian scout laser multi-laser
>Roving Guardian herds
>Lasers always insta-kill regardless of hearts
>Able to jump
>They can fell trees
>Able to climb walls
>Deploy Guardian Scouts

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YcRXq4wjsF0
amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01M0EP1RX/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
youtube.com/watch?v=Wxav9Jj7R68&ab_channel=mattvince
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not enough Zora rape.

>THIS THREAD'S TOPIC:
Never do this again. Ever.

Looking around it seems that if you had 3 fairies on eventide island then they no longer spawn. Anyone know how to fix this or do i have to start over?

why is she so perfect

>Using stasis on a big enemy and pummeling it into oblivion.

That Za Warudo feel.

GIVE ME JUMPING, DASHING, TREE FELLING TERROR DROIDS AND GIVE ME DEATH

Why is the teach white?

I love the one black and white orca zora lady who has you slay the hinox. I don't know what it is but I want her to be a pedophile who swims along rivers near towns waiting for curious and playful kids who can't swim to play with crabs or go fishing or whatever, at which point she offers them a ride on her back or belly and strands them on little rape islands knowing there's no way for them to escape, gradually building a dependence on her for everything where the FUCK is my dark fetish /ss/ zora doujin

So ur in the club and this 8 foot tall arabian stud slaps ur gfs ass

what do

>decide it's time to finish my compendium
>drat, forgot to take photos of all the beast bosses
>hit up purah's boytoy for the pics
>see 'elite enemy' category, "an enemy that once stood in your way"
>one 'elite enemy picture' please!
>500 rupees
>here you go!
>gives me a picture of naydra

fuck you man i can take a photo of naydra whenever the fuck i want fuck outta here with your 'once stood in your way' bullshit give me back my rupees but as greens, just so i can shove em up your waylon smithers lookin ass 500 times fuck

>an enemy that once stood in your way
>compendium entry literally states they have no ill will towards humans

???

just like real life huskies

I had one glitch where the grass was above the ground and gradually descended into place

Also, fuck amiibo drop rates

youtube.com/watch?v=YcRXq4wjsF0

20 second shrine completion. This fucking game.

Why is the original tunic the best one?

I always find it funny that they call it a 'skip', but I bet you that most of the time this shit was known and they left it in for player freedom.

Like the 'skips' in the metal connections shrine where you can either use Octoballoons or use Stasis. If they really wanted, they could have just put bars across the top to prevent you from doing it, since they did for many shrines, but they chose not to and seem to only do it for shrines where you couldn't possibly 'skip' it anyway.

There is a reason they praise your resourcefulness and it's probably one of the best points towards the game. I can't go back to old Zeldas where they expect me to push a block onto a switch to keep a door open. Fuck that, I want to stand on that Switch and use Stasis to hold it down, screw grabbing that barrel from across the room.

It's a shame that they dropped the idea to show the old Links in BotW, but i guess they wanted to dont push too far the fan service

I think they were more worried about idiots and the timeline and the idea of showing Link's from conflicting Timelines would have had spergs going hog wild.

Really though I think they are moving towards a 'converge', the timeline idea was pretty stupid even when they proposed it back during Wind Wakers production and people were questioning how it would go from WW to LTTP.

? what do you mean

I still don't understand why they didn't just say "This is a standalone game that isnt necessarily tied to how we might portray the zelda setting in the future. Just go with it."

Would save so much headache from autists screeching.

I don't think they care about spergs going wild, I think they simply have enough integrity and restraint to let old Links lie.

So, in the cutscene we see 3 or 4 guardians wrecked by Link. To be fair, Zelda did not shut down many more so I guess you're right that Link pulled the heavy weight.

More disturbingly, the Master Sword is quite odd in that sequence. It's not glowing. Only when Fi starts talking it glows up for a few moments. What the hell is wrong with that sword?

Because then people would be screaming about "they don't care about the timeline anymore". They need to keep up the image that they actually give a shit about the idea because people get attached to the past games as more then just games. Zelda's timeline has become a meta enjoyment and they know not to fuck with it.

They made this beast and they can't kill it, they can only satiate it.

>ywn go on Sheikah ninja missions with your waifu as a part of her training
Why even live

I guess that's what happens when you use a sword to beat what are basically sentient tanks to death. They're not exactly fleshy like the piles of lynels and moblins he burns through.

Ask her to slap my ass too.

>I think they were more worried about idiots and the timeline and the idea of showing Link's from conflicting Timelines would have had spergs going hog wild.

Funny thing is, they said that Nintendo can change the timeline if they wanted when they released the first timeline

but they shouldn't have released a second one with BotW, i hope they will drop this eventually
Having just one timeline would be better, or having no official timeline at all

>No quests to give billions of rupees to Purah as research grant.

gaem pls

When they showed the concept for the game they also showed old Links together

It was blessed by Hylia probably some hundred of thousands of years ago. Nothing ever said that it would last. Heck, we have even seen the Master Sword lose it's power before in Wind Waker.

I would like that to end up becoming a plot point in the DLC. Zelda figuring out that they can fully restore the power of the Master Sword so that situation doesn't happen again by bathing it in the flames again and getting the blessing of Hylia. Speaking of the original story they have planned, should it be an addition to the main game, post game, or maybe even pre game?

Okay so besides the bathed in Twilight thing, what are the references to stuff not in the Adult timeline? 'cause I'm lost.

The same speech also references Wind Waker and LTTP. The game makes it more a point that the royal line has continued for some time and has passed down the 'sacred sealing power', which isn't overt in saying it's the Triforce, but it's obvious that it is and the only timeline that has the Royal Family using the Triforce is the Downfall timeline.

Also I don't count Amiibo equipment, as you can fuckin' turn that function off in settings - it's like trying to incorporate the use or non use of motion controls into the canon.

Hum, so if it's true that a lot of that speech was rewritten in the English version, a lot of that stuff goes away. I have yet to see proof that said claim is true though, so I'll assume that's false and that all those references are canon. As such.... Yeah convergence or something similar seems the only possibility.

The Palmyra ruins slate looks like the twilight mirror, kinda.

Yes but what you get is in-game, it's like saying the weapons you also get from the amiibo are also not canon, when you can find them in the game anyways

The entire point of setting it so far in the future from the other games was clearly to serve as a "soft reboot".

I think they want to distance themselves from the previous games storywise as much as possible so they can kind of start from scratch with the pre-BotW games being apocryphal.

And honestly the timeline split is perfectly fine and the things that have made it such a clusterfuck is the need to include stuff like FS and FSA and the Oracle games that were clearly made with no intention to tie it to the story of anything else. All they had to do was make a couple adjustments to TP to make it fit as a prequel to ALttP and they would have been golden with two easy to follow timelines.

Why a convergence? Isnt less complicated to say that just one timeline exist?

No, because the Wind Waker and Twilight Princess timelines intrinsically contradict each other. A convergence would basically be them saying "OK it all technically happened, but don't think about it too hard and let's just move on now".

>the Oracle games
Can't that happen immediately after any game in which Ganon(dorf) dies and Link obtains the Master Sword?

Dr. Paya, I'm Hyrule.

It's admittedly a far better solution than what Bethesda did with Daggerfall.

Or how bethesda handles any sort of narrative at all.

>intrinsically contradict each other

They dont if one happens in the past and one in the future

>when you're gonna get fucked from 2 sides

Yes, it isn't too complicated to include them, but they needlessly complicate things. It was actually not a big deal when they were just the same Link as ALttP and LA, but Hyrule Encyclopedia recently said they're now two different Links.

Bitch I will cut you for dissing the Dragonbreak, that kind of oddball time fuckery is a very important aspect of the "I'll just steal everything I can from Buddhism, Vedic philosophy, and Crowley's esoteric occultism" background lore which sets TES apart from more standard Western-inspired fantasy games,

No, because Wind Waker ends with Hyrule being sealed away and a new Hyrule being founded somewhere else. Every other Hyrule based Zelda game takes place in the same, original Hyrule including BotW, so even if you put WW last in the timeline before BotW, it still wouldn't make sense.

Also WW specifically references things from the Adult Link ending and sets itself as a follow-up to that, and TP specifically references the Child Link ending and sets itself as a follow-up to that. So in order for them to work together, you need to somehow have OoT end with both Ganon being killed and Ganondorf being imprisoned before he can even become Ganon, which is a paradox.

So the simplest solution at this point would be to keep WW->PH->ST on their own quarantine timeline there and put everything else back on the single Child timeline, and just handwave contradictions by saying "it was time shenangians or a wizard did it, don't worry about it too much".

No, they do. Twilight Princess and Wind Waker cannot have happened in the same timeline. But it's no matter. Ganondorf died in both lines.

10000 years ago the Sheikah pulled in the other timelines into downfall. Probably to find a way to deal with Ganon, since killing him did not prevent him from coming back. That's how they got the idea with the 4 gigantic divine beasts.

>you need to somehow have OoT end with both Ganon being killed and Ganondorf being imprisoned before he can even become Ganon, which is a paradox.
I liked Morrowind's solution.
Time broke, now there's a dead Ganon and an imprisoned Ganondorf.
I think that's exactly what happened with the King of Worms, in fact. He exists both as a planet orbiting Arkay and mortal necromancer after the Warp in the West.

Yeah but still in the middle anything can happen, Ganon can free himself, a hero can fail etc, we dont see all the history, but just the one told in the games, wich is a little part

>handwave contradictions by saying "it was time shenangians or a wizard did it, don't worry about it too much".

This really would be the better solution for anything, too bad creators dont use that more often

My love has died, it was her fate;
When I came to, it was too late:
She had been dead for hundred years.
All I can do is pay arrears—
Grant lasting peace unto her soul—
But naught may ever fill that hole
Where once my heart beat just for her.
Her memory's my greatest spur;
Vah Ruta cried its billionth tear
And I fight on, have naught to fear
For when mine hour does arrive
I'll meet her in the afterlife.

>The English gerudo word for thanks is Sarqse or something
>The Japanese word is サークサーく(suck suck)

Why did they change it?_

MEESA GRACE IS READY

THE ROCK'S PROTECTION IS READY, BROTHER

how did a blue lynel drop a savage lynel bow?

AABB rhyme scheme is so boring and bland

But it was still a nice read

It's an elegant solution. They set BotW so far into the future that whatever happened in past games would be long forgotten and only survive in vague legend.
All of the older games and timelines are duly acknowledged through the many references, and still have a place in the new canon as tales and legends of Ganon's previous incarnations, with it being left up to the player to deem which of these may actually have happened in this unknown timeline, and which are just fabrications Hylian bards came up with.
Skyward Sword (through the Master Sword speaking to Zelda) and Ocarina of Time are definitely still canon (and thereby Minish Cap is as well), and the details of everything else have been lost to the eons.

>and thereby Minish Cap is as well)
It really irks me that this shit happened in the most significant timeline, for some reason.

What's wrong with Minish Cap?

Oh goddammit, I just now noticed that his name is a pun...

You may not be a pro-wrestling fan then. The first thing I noticed about Gorons was that they are all like 80s coke up wrestlers.

>Zora names are music themed
>Gerudo names are beauty product themed
>Rito names are food themed
>Goron names are construction themed
>Hylian names are plant themed

13 hearts is the number of hearts you end up with in ALttP if you only take the containers from bosses.

If we take hearts as a measurement of life force, almost all Links are equally strong concerning their life force. LoZ Link in AoL has 4 and SS Link and FS Link have 6 at the beginning. Their life force is noticably stronger. However, the potential is totally different. SS Link only reaches 18 without extra gear, and LoZ Link's maximum is 16 / 8, which is laughable compared to the usual maximum of 20. BotW Link starts average with 3, but reaches a whooping 30, which is unprecedented. Could it be an after effect of the resurrection?

Goddammit, where is the last chicken in cockariko village?

There's one on a roof, one on the path to the great fairy, another in the orchard...

Even if it was, at the end of the day you are still weaker post resurrection than you were before.
>defeat half a dozen silver lynels and an army of bokoblins at the same time without a shield, an unupgraded hero tunic and only get a scratch
>only get killed after killing an army of guardians and in the middle of fighting a second one
Link was a fucking beast

Don't bother mate.

>Sleep two times at the inn to get all the cuckos.
>You are awarded with 50 rupees

T- Th... Thanks, I guess.

did you watch the video of the guy who beats lynels with branches at 3 hearts? displaying that trail of death isn't an argument for being weaker now.

UK peeps 1 left in stock
£22.99

amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01M0EP1RX/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

What are the use for Goron spice? I tried a bunch of cooking but it didn't seem to change the outcome.

Where is this I always looked for this, help someone who gets lost easily

>think you're out of range
>still manage to get hit by this

I swear the club version has more range than the other 2.

curry. it's curry spices.

What is the best way to kill Taluses who have the weakpoint on their lower back? (IE you can't climb up and just wail on them.)

I just killed a frozen one like this and it felt like I could have been doing it a lot easier.

just fire arrows downward

spears have the range

either use a spear
or dodge their body slam on the right side and use the small attack window of them lying on the ground
or use (bomb) arrows whenever they stop for any kind of attack

stasis and bomb arrows. heck bomb arrow the rock arms if needed too.

youtube.com/watch?v=Wxav9Jj7R68&ab_channel=mattvince

This endboss fight was fucking garbage.
Everything can be so easily dodged and even IF it hits you it only takes like 5 hearts off your life bar.
Not to mention the infight pause and eat mechanic.
Game was a lot harder than previous zeldas but this last fight is a joke.

Looked it up.

It is also the best duration modifier of the game. So put enough material to level up your effect to 3 and replace the rest with Goron Spice.

dogs are a qt

I finished the game and am still missing 18 weapons, 10 animals, some materials. what the fuck? I have 55% map completion, too.
At least I have all the enemies.

Did you guys just go to the lab and buy the photos there?
Feels kind of like cheating to me tbqh

Which actually give me a reason to come back to Goron Town from time to time to stock up in spice.

The spice must flow.

>the korok on top of the Lurelin gambling hall
>tfw literally spent an hour trying to stasis-launch a rock up there

I'm glad she's dead

this is accurate to real dogs, user.

So last thread we discussed how the new friendlier Gerudo are actually more a threat to Hyrule that than the old hostile one.

The theory was basically that Gerudo go out and take Hylian or Sheikah husbands and are more successful than Hylian women due to their natural looks i.e. being better mates as far as producing strong children. The downside is all the kids will be female Gerudo and left unchecked the balance of the sexes will be thrown off kilter as there's only women and few men to go around

It was suggested that Gerudo leaders recognise this fact and so promote incorrect ideas about the relationships between Voe and Vai in order to control the population of Gerudo and insure a steady supply of men

Any thoughts

>Not wanting a Zora hybrid offspring of Link

You monster

the best hybrid will always be Link/Gerudo

SS Link/Zelda resulted in the line of Hylian royalty and they don't seem to be particularly stern stuff

OoT Link/random Hylian led to TP Link who's a pretty tough guy

Now imagine Link with a Gerudo

>next game has both normal Hylian Link and a half-Zora Link-alike and Miphafags and Zeldafags go nuclear

>random Hylian
It was Malon. It's canon.

isn't Malon a random Hylian? Unless you subscribe to the theory she's part Gerudo

But it's not random. Random implies it's any old fuckwad.
Why would anyone think she's part gerudo?

>LINK STOP LOOKING AT MY FUCKING DIARY AND GET TO THE TOP OF THE CASTLE
>FOR FUCK'S SAKE LINK WE DON'T HAVE TIME TO BE LOOKING UP RECIPES
>WAIT WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU GOING
>LINK YOU ASSHOLE GET BACK HERE