A FUCKING LEAF

What are the best provinces in Canada to be a car enthusiast? What are the worst?

>twisty roads
>insurance
>speed limits
>taxes
>bureaucracy
>winter rust

Want to know what bases to pick for my posting preferences. Ontario has been pretty shit so far.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zIH-J3uLN3E
youtube.com/watch?v=WNaMM1uCDno
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Ontario
Didn't have too much issue myself. Have something cheap for winter that you don't care about ruining though.

>Ontario

Not even once.

I already went through the process of buying and selling an old shitbox in Ontario, it was fucking hellish. Also, I've moved no less than 3 times in 1 year, and have no way of getting 2 cars around. It's way more convenient for me to drive 1 car and keep rustproofing it the best I can.

I used to just buy a new sub-$1000 shitbox every year. Road salt sucks.

Wew that has gotten out of control.

Worst - Ontario
Best - Nunavut

Just for the twisty mountain highways I'll say Southern BC

>a fucking leaf
day of the rake soon

bump

also this

All those highways north of Sudbury or the Sue that aren't the Trans Canada are pretty interesting until you hit a deer or a logging truck runs you off the road.

There's really only 2 places worth living in Canada which are also the only 2 places that are the best for car enthusiast
The rest of the country has fuck all, it isn't like America where even backwater towns aren't that far away from each other; Canada just doesn't have the population density

youtube.com/watch?v=zIH-J3uLN3E

Must be some 16 year old kiddie in Brampton with an at fault accident on his record

How is Victoria Island for driving? Not much for bases in mainland BC

not sure I don't get out there often because of the price of the ferry.
They just opened a new track and the road to Tofino is nice if you are not stuck behind someone the whole trip.

Looks like a juicy track for a GT86.

How pricy is it? I'm not exactly loaded

Fucking Pakis and Asians in the Vancouver region crashing and driving up ICBC rates.
Standard rates up 30% in last 5 years.
Planning up to 42% increase for higher end cars.
No other insurance option in BC.
Some insure their vehicles in Alberta.

I'm no longer in the southern GTA so the roads up north are pretty nice.

Hockley Valley near Orangeville was pretty ace, I've been there twice last year and the roads around there were pretty damn nice.

youtube.com/watch?v=WNaMM1uCDno

If they segregated Chinese drivers from everyone elses insurance, the rates would half for everyone else. Too many kids with 700HP Aventadors and New Driver stickers.

That used to be the case in Vancouver back in the 70s. But as any BC resident with a brain knows, ICBC are proven crooks with a government-appointed monopoly, and it won't change.

Much like the housing "situation" we have here.

Looking for some advice fellow leafs I really want to get an ep3 >civic but I'm scared a 15 year old car like that is gonna get rekt in the winter. Live in frog land btw.

What are the maritime provinces like for driving?

Alberta for truck enthusiasts, and offroading in some parts

alberta hands down. no emissions, super lax registration, cops dont care about loud exhausts or lift kits. cheaper insurance than ontario and the car scene in southern ab is super diverse. lots of rhd imports and muscle.

Ontario is pretty AIDS for insurance and shitty laws but the only place that would come close to matching the scene in Toronto would be Vancouver.

Only good part about Ontario is 94 octane (that's 101 RON for you euros)

That's breddy high octane m8

*Vancouver* Island. Fuck, dude, it's not like a sparsely populated rock in the middle of nowhere.

Anyway, VI is pretty good. In the Vic area you've got the Vic->Port Renfrew->Cowichan->Vic loop which will take a few hours and is like our own little touge.

Banging around is East Sooke can be fun.

In town, there are always Friday night gatherings in Saanich plaza. Everyone I know calls it "rice night."

Upisland, there's the road out to Tofino. Lots of fun, unless you're stuck behind a caravan.

The logging roads can be a great time for the gravel-minded.

In the north, there's the road to Sayward and the one out to Gold River.

Lots of good driving to be had

Alberta is pretty based. Not many race tracks though but other than that it's pretty amazing. The rust is pretty horrific though.

NS is so so them costal roads are hnggg sometimes but salt will kill a car so fast and the roads are more often than not very rough, very rough

Definitely Quebec hands down.
>terrible but terrible roads, potholes in every fucking street and highways
>insurance rapes every speedlimits 60mph cops have no mercy for going over
>14% taxes
>our "dmv" sucks ass
>uses salt like crazy

And the biggest part are the car LAWS, last year they introduced some bullshit where as soon as you modify your car (mostly suspension) you need get it approved. Also in the traffic code there is an article where as soon as you're modified a cop has the right to pull you over for no reason. Ask me more, shitty province

Where is this toegay at? I gotta visit it if I get posted in Alberta

on the BC side of the Rockies

the best thing about Alberta is that it's close to BC

One more vote for Ontario for the worst. The problem is "car enthusiasts" here are their own worst enemy. All they do is try to draw as much attention to themselves as possible and then complain when they get any kind of backlash for being pricks. They spew too much shit talk and untruths and general ignorance for any attempt to address actual bullshit laws and police misconduct to be taken seriously by the public.

From Brampton Ontario myself, we have the worst insurance rates in the country apparently. I'm not a /pol/tard but I mean... The reason is quite obvious. Regardless, I would say Quebec has it worse than Ontario because of pretty much everything here
Don't get me wrong, those French fucks deserve it and I will never forgive them for the October Crisis. But yeah their roads are abysmal.

Just get some good winter tires. I'm still rolling around in a 2003 2wd Mitsu Outlander. 213k km and never had issues. Using Michelin X-ice right now, but Ontario's winters are more slushy mess than what you frogs got. Blizzaks if you've got super deep snow, you'll never get rekt.

I'd be more worried about rust gettin you rekt desu.

I'm in mtl tryna buy a first car, how old is too old I don't wanna get memed on by some sick rust or get something that'll die come winter

victoria island?

BC has Chevron 94 as well, but it doesn't perform like US Grade 93

Shit dude, didn't know there were ricers on the island. Mind if I join even though I got an old lady honda civic?

Worst: Ontario
Best: BC

>bc
>best

Apart from ICBC and the nazi cops, sure

It's the Mt. Norquay road. It's got some nice turns.

This OP. Stay away from BC if you can, even more so from Victoria. It's like /n/'s heaven and Veeky Forums's hell.

>drive on crown land logging roads
>no speed limits or cops
>????

City-wise it's hell, back roads in my experience have speed traps every time I head out. Then there's always night-time checkpoints that always pull me over despite driving a granny civic.

I almost miss the Okanagan, it had some comfy drives.

>tfw too insecure about shit car and newfagness to go to local meets

Alberta. still jobs here, insurance is cheap, access to JDM vehicles is easy, Crown land is awesome to camp and offroad on, etc

only thing is cops fucking suck for anything automotive here, ive been pulled over for going a bit over the speed limit coming from the Montana border when the roads where dead. and cops are desperate to catch people for distracted driving, 2 of my vehicles are JDM and my girlfriend was on her phone in the passenger seat and twice cops pulled me over thinking it was a driver on the phone in the left side. both times they walked away embarrassed when i asked why i was pulled over. i drove my Toyota Crown down to the USA, American border guards didnt even search the thing and highway patrol passed me with a bumper strapped sideways to my roof

>cheaper insurance than Onterrible
>cops who don't care
>mountain roads
>allowed to modify cars
fuck you mean BC is Veeky Forums hell? We do whatever the fuck we want over here.

have fun there HongCouver and Slurrey i mean Surrey

hnng the evo can even make the canadian flag look good

>jobs
stop trying to trap him, calgary is a ghost town and the fire burned the last of the jobs

Scratch that, main land BC might be different seeing as Richmond is full of ricers and I don't see cops constantly, but Victoria would be Veeky Forums hell.

I realized I was autistic when whenever I filled up at Petro Canada I mixed 94 and 91 2-1 so I had my manufacturer recommended 93. I saved a couple bucks anyway

Where exactly? I'm in the kootenays on the regular during the summer

Nvm read rest of thread

Reminder the new Ford GT is a Canadian car

Nah that's pretty standard for a bike like that. Most guys that own them here drive them like Ghost Rider all the time and the companies know it

Pretty based.

It really is a shame that Australia has some form of a car industry and we don't.

None of them. The weather is shit half the year. The roads are shit. All of Quebec is shit. Having to drive on winter tires half the year. SALT FUCKING EVERYWHERE. Everything is expensive.

I wanna move back to America. I've had enough of Canada.

What reason did you have to move here in the first place?

Canada needs it's own version of NightWave desu.

Ontario has WATON Racing
Vancouver has Hustle Garage (?)

>ontario
>being a car enthusiast

enjoy your cucked insurance, horribly maintained roads, OPP on the lookout for anyone going 5 over the limit, speedbumps on the only twisty road in the province, traffic for days and salt dumped on the roads when there's 1mm of snow and no ice. Not to mention the """car scene""" here is filled with cancerous stancefags, middle easterners with german cars driving like assfucks and rich Chinese immigrants wrapping their daddy-sponsored lambo around a pole.

This has to be the literal worst place in the world for car enthusiasts.

also not to mention the people actually interested in cars either don't know shit about them, can't drive for shit, can't work on them/don't know how to work on them or they think they're driving gods but actually end up smashing their shitbox into a curb.

Reminder that Multimatic, a legitimate race car engineering and consulting firm, is Canadian. It's pretty based.
Sort of, but we'd never be able to compete with the Americans at all. We'd just have to be content with having factories everywhere.

You gotta hang out with the legit track rats.

not manitoba

Close enough to the Rockies to be fun and pretty lax safety and emissions rules. I love Canadian Texas.

You forgot the low IQ white trash factory workers with more money than they deserve from their shitty job who ruin everything by starting fights and generally acting like thugs or overgrown children. Or maybe that's just far southern Ontario