/drg/ Danganronpa General

Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!
Previous thread friendship edition

>/drg/ OP pastebin (just copy it and paste previous thread link)
pastebin.com/XYa49a5Q

>DRV3 news pastebin - *Updated 03/3/2017*
pastebin.com/n83HpxJC

>New to DR
pastebin.com/mnduF4qj - Spoiler free guide to enjoy Danganronpa
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT - Indepth gameplay mechanics and infomation

>Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413410

>Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413420

>Danganronpa AE: Ultra Despair Girls is coming to Steam and PS4:
youtube.com/watch?v=VzbIuPpPM8E
store.steampowered.com/app/555950/

>Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony for PS4, PS Vita, and Steam on September 26th (N. America), and September 29th (Europe)
youtube.com/watch?v=UdGlN0aEG2k

>DR 1-2 Reload coming to PS4
youtube.com/watch?v=6DGuCuHurUk

> DR3 Anime episodes and more
pastebin.com/bvNw28sS

>Kazutaka Kodaka Interviews and more
pastebin.com/QjVqihAm

>DR Manga Scanlations:
shslscans.tumblr.com/current
>DR Manga Collection (Eng): *You need an account to use Batoto*
bato.to/search?artist_name=Spike Chunsoft

>Download pastebin *contains downloads, art assets, sprites, manga, novels, music, anime, media, charts, and icons.*
pastebin.com/6UhFpa8W

Other urls found in this thread:

oumakokichi.tumblr.com/post/157458796865/ndrv3-transcripts-ouma-consults-monokuma
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bros' bond is eternal!

Fuck off with your shitty ship

sorry missed this on the last thread you are welcome! it was too fun of a scenario to pass up on writing about even if i keep seeing all the edits i need to make on it.

>friendship edition
>includes every boy but Hoshi and Shinguuji
Sasuga, /drg/.

Friendly reminder that Chiaki is still and will always be best girl

Wrong.

Posting best girls!

It really makes me wonder how he got that way, because you'd think his MUH DESPAIR act in chapter 4 is due to TDR implanting horrible memories in him but if that's true nothing in his motive video actually suggests they did anything like that whether or not they're mindhacc'ed normies or actual SHSLs.

I mean, for that matter how much of what we saw of him is even real? The mystery continues.

You misspelled Mahiru.

FEMALE PROTAGONISTS KILLERS

>forgetting kiibo in your list of forgotten boys

this is discrimination

I think it's safe to assume that the MUH DESPAIR freakout was fake to hide his breakdown beforehand.
In before this is counted as god posting.

Who?

>Right
FTFY
I like Mahiru but she dies in the second case and doesn't really do anything to push her to the top of my list

Friendship is amazing.
And sad...

MUH DESPAIR came about because of the lol despair the outside world caused + he fucked up and got miu killed, so there was no going back on that + he had to cover for showing 2 real emotions before gonta's death.

personally, i think he was programmed with a pitiful past of some sort (poverty, hunger, neglect, etc) that he covers up with lies because it doesn't fit in with the grand leader image.

At least Nier Automata had a female protagonist in the end

My wife.
Well, combined with her FTEs, she's had enough time to have a solidified character.

Oops, sorry, Kiiboy.

>People think that Ouma has a deep dark past
>he just turns out to be a normal high school kid
How mad would you be?

Wich we have to kill in nier automata true ending

>Well, combined with her FTEs, she's had enough time to have a solidified character
Sure but not enough to be my best girl

Also my OTP

He was a normal high school kid before the game, though.

Unless you're talking about his implanted past, which if we take the motive video as the truth of what he "remembers", he wasn't a normal high school kid in his implanted memories. Unless his parents/school were cool with him running around the world with 10 strangers to commit hilarious criminal acts.

Pretty damn pissed, not going to lie.

But she's dead, user.

Why is he drooling?

And she gets revived

Which is more than can be said for Kaede.

>his parents/school were cool with him running around the world with 10 strangers to commit hilarious criminal acts.
That's what I meant
>He was a normal high school kid before the game,
We still don't know if the meta bullshit was all a lie or real

Yo /drg/

Not if Hajizuru revived/cloned her IRL or rebuild the AI or made a new one if he wanted to

Heyo, Kuzuryu user!
How's your day?

FTE are non canon

yeah, him being a completely normal high school student in that case wouldn't make a lot of logical sense, nor would it explain any of his massive trust issues, pathological lying or ability to resist massive amounts of despair. so i'd be kind of miffed from a writing standpoint if that was the case.

Fuck off manlet

I hope it's real because the HIKSHON twist was terrible and the Gophel plan was a better backstory. Plus it would explain the cast's behaviour better

hey kuzuanon now that you're a father does that mean we can call you daddy

How's it going, Kuzu?
Bijin-san released from the hospital yet?

I want daddy Kuzu to hit me.

Don't lewd the hopelet. He is pure.

Gophel plan doesn't really sound any better than the Fiction twist and it really doesn't make sense with all the massive evidence that contradicts it

Maybe not the relationships forged in them, but the characterization and backstories provided through them are

They're specifically put there so that we can learn more about the characters, so there's no reason to believe that they aren't at least canon with regards to details about the character

Hiyo, Kuzuanon!
Oh yes..

Yeah but I talking about 2b and kaede both were advertisied as a protagonist and both died at the beggining of the game

Yeah, I think that breakdown revealed far too much of his genuine feelings one way or another.

Godposting! But jokes aside, the specific words he used really bother me because if he betrayed Gonta to save his sorry ass and he'd already planned to use Gonta to kill Miu, isn't it idiotic for him to say he doesn't want this and ask to be executed when that would doom everyone?

Here's the problem though. It's very easy to say that TDR programmed this and that like how Saihara auditioned to be a detective so he became one, but in spite of how Tsumugi and TDR by extension should know exactly who he is if he's fictional, for some reason he's just as much of a mystery at the end as he is at the beginning.

There's a whole lot of clues that point towards HICKSHON not being a thing, and one of the biggest clues to me is that no one can actually say what the fuck was Ouma going on about.

My take actually is that the Gophel plan is fake but the SHSL Hunt is real. I mean, what better way to ensure criminals kill each other off than by making a fake setting where there's literally no way to escape?

Yeah, the gophel plan is pretty obviously fake. The SHSL hunts, various social uprisings, meteors and resulting plague do have some possibility of being true, however.

Great, crazy and tiresome, never slept at all.

Nice to see someone's happy at least.

......Sure.

Hours ago, she's sleeping like a baby... just like the babies who fell asleep right now and this is probably why I came on because of peace and quiet unless they wake up and start crying again. They're like a ticking time bomb.

Okay, will do.

Yo there.

Perhaps you're right. I'm quietly confident that Kodaka will retcon the endgame twist though.

My bad, what I meant by Gophel Plan, I meant to say 'fake backstory'

>meteors and resulting plague
What meteors?
I know about the social uprisings and shsl hunts but wasn't the meteors supposed to part of the fake backstory

>isn't it idiotic for him to say he doesn't want this and ask to be executed when that would doom everyone?

guilt and despair make you do irrational things. he had a breakdown (that was really poorly covered up with after the execution).

The meteors that struck the earth, brought down the plague and kicked off the SHSL hunt/uprisings because a portion of the population believed it to be a sign that humanity should fall, or something.

You could make the argument that because Kaito's disease was not implanted by TDR (and there's a lot of evidence that it wasn't), the meteors/virus could be real.

Anyways, I can continue with the intros again, continuing from Himiko.

Exaggeration aside, I feel great, this is really fun.

>isn't it idiotic for him to say he doesn't want this and ask to be executed when that would doom everyone?
This is seriously why I'm believing that he was in despair from finding the fake exit. While still in control of his actions of course, despair can make you react and decide things you'd never consider, and the door did effect Saihara and the others quite a lot just from opening it, let alone the possibility of Ouma entering it.
It'd be an asspull but this is Kodaka, so I wouldn't be surprised.

>pure
Not in my world

Please do Kuzu. Would like to see more.

Or he was just being a troll.

Pure shit.

I need your best Hajimemes

I am aware that is a possibility, but I'm allowed to believe things the game heavily hints at.

Usually in DR though when someone's in ZETSUBOU to the point of giving grand speeches about it they make it very, very obvious by giving them those swirly eyes. Ouma never gets those, so I don't think he was in the traditional DR style of despair.

Put the hopelet in the bag and walk away slowly.

You're in for some rough times, especially with two kids, but I'm sure you and her will manage.
You might feel like death for a while, though.
But, hey, it's all worth it.

Morning /drg/! What's for breakfast?

So then he was being a troll.

Working on it as we speak, I decided to change the font in the intros to an 8-bit font instead for consistency.

...Does this count?

Oh don't get me wrong, it's hard, but I love it so far, it's very fun, and I'm already learning on how to distinguish the two boys, one of them tends to cry more than the other, but when one of them cries, the other one starts crying, it's pretty funny.

YOUR DICK

I'm working on improving this masterpiece
Guns can't harm me

Nah, he wasn't.

Actually, allow me to ramble on for a bit. SHSL Hunt isn't just a Remembering Light thing, it also shows up in the prologue, Amami's first memory is of SHSL Hunt (This was said to prove that the hint given to him in his Monopad is true, and to be frank the fact that he mentions a sham or copycat act with regards to the Monokumarz but this hint is still true to a degree tells me V2 and V3 are actually the work of the same people) and Kaede remembers being under the machine when she tries to recall being kidnapped.

The plague is also possible because Kaito had this disease which is highly unlikely to have been implanted by TDR, and his backstory about not wanting to wait a few years to take the astronaut exam along with how he mentions he used to play tennis before (Which is why he knows Hoshi) do imply he had some reason to be desperate enough to use forged documents.

Funnily enough, Monokuma even comments on how he's not going to use 'that motive' himself.
oumakokichi.tumblr.com/post/157458796865/ndrv3-transcripts-ouma-consults-monokuma

Read it and decide what you think that means. In before godposter accusations, but even what he means by using 'that motive' to get involved in 'someone's plan' is weird considering Miu said first she was going to save everyone and Monokuma specifically calls him out later because he promised things would be exciting and it certainly wasn't, while he remains completely silent and line-faced.

You have a point there. Although, I think he was back to normal by the time Gonta was found guilty. And the freak out there was only trying to hide his breakdown in between. It's just theory but it's one of the more likely possibilities.
Come to think of it, did anyone go swirly eyed in this game?

>infinite baby crying feedback loop

godspeed daddykuzu, i wish you as much sleep as you can possibly get

I guess I'll allow it just this once.

They're non canon garbage

That's cute.
I guess the good thing about having twins right off the bat is that they won't be lonely.
Double the trouble, but they'll keep each other occupied.

>I think he was back to normal by the time Gonta was found guilty.

He actually wasn't. That picture comes from after the guilty verdict. After Gonta's execution, he's making pic related, is very reluctant to talk, and only goes into the grand villain speech after pressure from the rest of the cast. He didn't really "snap back" to okay.

It goes crying breakdown -> execution -> zetsubou villain speech

Tsumugi does, if you count her bright blue brainwashing eyes as such. I'm pretty sure they have spirals in them.

>tfw Himiko's normal sprite wasn't made transparent.
Looks like it's work time.
Unless someone already has one, then life would be easier.

Swirly eyed?

It's honestly cute in my opinion, also we decided to call them Fuyuhiko and Akihiko, Fuyuhiko is the one who starts the crying fest first. While Akihiko cries like 30 seconds after. I'm used to not sleeping anyways so think of me as a security guard.

Yeah, definitely true, good thing my friends bought the clothes because we didn't know what gender they were prior to their birth because of surprise. So now they have matching clothing.

Fuck off, the SHSL Hunt isn't real

>Actually, allow me to ramble on

Thanks for listing out most of the points about the fake backstory being real, I cba. There's a lot more suggesting that Shirogane lied about the state of the world. My guess is that Kodaka will make Shirogane an obsessed fangirl who was a copycat and made a killing game. I mean, when has a mastermind told the full truth in Chapter 6?

>Fuyuhiko and Akihiko

that's so fucking cute i'm going to puke

anyway, swirly eyes as in pic related. Junko, Komaeda, Monaca, Tengen and a few others infected by the ZETSUBOU get them.

>t.godposter
Kys

Doesn't explains the audience

>Tengan
>infected by despair

>Akihiko
Good names, Kuzu!
冬 and 秋, winter and fall, right?
Did Bijin-san choose Akihiko, or was it just to match Fuyuhiko?

Just because there's an audience doesn't mean it was the entire world, like Tsumugi said it was. If she is a copycat and this isn't an "official" killing game, the audience could be anything from people watching hijacked TVs to a smaller underground group that know about the illegal game. There's no definitive way of knowing the actual size of the audience.

Honestly these is my favourite Hajime sprite I dont know why maybe its the the mouth or when he using it

Oh, you meant literal swirly eyes.
I thought you meant some term for confused or something.

She chose Akihiko and said it would match perfectly.
Also... AKIHIKO-SENPAI, YES

He gets the swirly eyes in Killer Killer, apparently. But I haven't read it.

Yeah, he cries over quite a lot of the deaths and one might assume of course he's going to feel very guilty over Gonta's death but he looks like he's straight up traumatized in spite of acting like a complete villain to Gonta before this, on top of how absolutely pathetic he made himself look in front of everyone when supposedly he was just using Gonta.

It just bothers me a lot.

No, and the audience doesn't invalidate anything since 1) We don't know how many there are 2) Marketing it as live fiction or whatever will take care of most questions, which is why Saihara attempting to appeal to the audience was very important

Both your boys have two badass dudes as namesakes.
You're off to great start at parenting.

The audience was just graphics on a screen.

Great taste in names Kuzu.

It's shitposter-kun. Don't respond.

Unfortunately, without shitposters like him, this general would be dead long ago

I think his "trauma" is mostly him realizing he's fucked up to a point of no return because he's more or less responsible for two people dying when that goes against pretty much his only moral rule. So he snaps and loses it emotionally while looking pathetic in front of everyone because what he's done becomes "real" when Gonta's execution is about to start.

Okay, so. How many of you think that it's possible whoever did V2 also did V3 given that Amami's Monopad had a hint that 'worked' for V3's game?

Or do you think whoever did V3 simply stole stuff from the organizers of V2?

Whatever you say shitposter-kun

I do agree with you to an extent though