What was Ford thinking?

What an ugly fucking refresh, just as bad as the GT86 facelift. Here's hoping the next generation doesn't look like a Jaguar with downs syndrome and weighs less than 3700lbs.

Damn it looks like the 2006 Mustang Guigaro concept finally made it to production.

The 2017 mustang is by far the best looking mustang ever created. This is from a fox body notch back "purist."

Ford fucked up the press photos hard. Same with prefacelift. Real car looks much better.

I wish the next Mustang was small like the Foxbody. Purists would bitch about my muscle car, but it's a pony car and the original 1965 Mustang was the size of a Miata.

It's growing on me, the yellow they first showed it with was shit.

It's not that bad, although I still prefer the 05-09 body style.

>Jaguar

same, the current mustang is too fucking big
camaro too, first gen camaro was the PERFECT size.

It is ugly as sin, can't decide what's worse this or the new challengers

Well at least these don't weigh more than a pickup truck

I agree. The original yellow looked alot more retarded than this.

>New challengers
Do you mean the concept that got delayed til after 2020?

It looks........ I don't even know what kind of emotion it's trying to make.

The proportions of the mustang are horrible. I keep thining about getting one but cant get over it. I think it might be the low engine hood and low trunk line that kills it for me.

>inb4 shill

To each their own. I think the new Mustang looks amazing, it's honestly one of the best looking cars I've ever seen. It's aggressive without looking retarded and boxy like most American cars.

Damn, look how its lights slope inwards like a grumpy face. It looks so aggressive thats how you know its hardcore.

If this is how big the 5th gen is compared to a '69, the 6th gen is probably getting pretty close.

forgot pic

I feel like they are shifting mustang from muscle to compete with and shit on euro cuck mobiles mainly BMW audi

It's a really good looking car, just not a good looking Mustang. Glad they're getting away from muh retro nostalgia feels though.

>that steering angle
whoa, careful there, don't want to wind up in a ditch

>we need more muh angry new-age styling

>what was ford thinking?
it's probably got something to do with the Jaguar partnership deal or whatever, hence the jag' looks. on paper, in bright colors, it looks like shit. in person they look kinda nice but in the sense that it tries to look luxurious. either way i still prefer the early 5th gen retro modern look.

I unironically hope Ford makes a tiny Mustang fitted with the Ecoboost V6 out of the Raptor as the GT trim. With a decent chassis and suspension set up it would be a fantastic car and the purist asshurt could sustain me until global oil reserves are depleted.

What if Ford:

>Made the next gen Mustang a small Miata sized pony car with I4 and V6 turbo options.
>Brought back the Torino as a long wheel base variant big barge style muscle car with a V8 supercharged range topper
>Brought back the Falcon as a four door version of the Torino
>Brought back the Ranchero as as an Ute variant
>Built mega comfy Lincoln derivatives of all of these

The Falcon and the Ranchero wouldn't sell. No one in the US wants utes or powerful four door non-luxury cars. Changing the V8 sporty model to the Torino name would probably be a shit business decision that would hurt sales even if everything else was exactly the same. I'm still not sure who buys a Lincoln so I have no idea how any of their cars would sell.

I can buy Ford making one probably awful business decision at a time especially regarding the Mustang but not all of them.

>implying it's worse than shit like this

>The Falcon and the Ranchero wouldn't sell. No one in the US wants utes or powerful four door non-luxury cars.

That's BS, people still buy the Charger in droves and small utes are making a comeback. One of the major complaints about the new "small" pickups from GM is that their not small enough. I'm pretty sure these people would buy a new Ranchero, I sure as fuck would.

They didn't buy the Chevy SS and that's essentially what the Falcon would be in this scenario. Now price was probably a factor in that but it's not like Ford's version would end up significantly cheaper.

A ute isn't really a small pickup. Now I'd considering buying a performance oriented ute because I have a weird desire to own one but it's objectively a shitty vehicle design. You get a high power RWD vehicle with even less weight over the rear wheels than anything else out there, less bedspace and ground clearance than a small truck, and (space restricting hard bed covers aside) no enclosed space for your shit like you'd get with a wagon. It's just way too niche a vehicle for the US.

Price was definitely the major reason why the SS didn't do well, they start at almost $50k. You gotta remember that the majority of muscle car sales including the mustang, camaro, charger etc come from the cheap base models and not the high performance v8 versions

But does the world need what is in this hypothetical a 4 door v6 Mustang to facilitate a 4 door v8 Mustang?

A V8 performance topper requires high volume 4 and 6 cylinder base models to make the vehicle profitable.

Cars need to be larger to accommodate the, ahem, 'modern' American bodytype

this

New mustangs are some of the best looking cars on the road.

pre facelift '15 mustang was the best looking mustang ever built, it looks amazing

I wish they would have done something else for the new Camaro, doesn't really look all that different from the fifth generation. Would've been cool to have a 2nd gen retro car, but they would've lost all the niggs who buy v6 camaros

Just chop the back of the ugly boxy Ford Flex, boom you got yourself a Ranchero

Did you guys really not get the vf commodore in the V6 variant?

It's prettier than the Jaguar

That's exactly what they're doing, have pretty much said as much in press releases.

>Ford
>Thinking
Pick one

>Brought back the Torino as a long wheel base variant big barge style muscle car with a V8 supercharged range topper

the steaming turd I just dropped in the toilet is prettier than the Jaguar