Breath of the Wild Thread

Durability is not an issue edition:
youtu.be/_P29q15TQEM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cjpHzLYHkwA
orcz.com/Breath_of_the_Wild:_Weapons_List
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Saw a post the other day saying it took 2 Lynel swords and 1 Guardian Spear to get through one of the strength trials. Assumed it was bullshit and I guess this is proof enough.

FUCK RAIN

If you and I are thinking of the same one, they claimed it was 2 Lynel weapons and a flame spear, I believe.

I bet you don't even have three stamina wheels

This game would be more FUN without weapon fragility and stamina, like every other fuckin Zelda. This game is not better than Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask.

I was able to deal with rain with only 2 stamina upgrades user, if you get climbing gear it becomes even more trivial

seriously Nintendo, add real dungeons and temples next time

That's completely subjective and you know it.

you can get though major strength with nothing more than the axe each guardian drops, if you collect 30 bananas from the yiga each blood moon (or just have enough already) and cook 4 of them, equip the ancient armor, and spin2win.
each fight lasts 30 seconds so that's more than enough time for you to clear all of them within the duration of a 4 banana meal

So... how long before we see a metric crapton of new Zelda fanfics set in the BotW timeframe?

How many do you think will be self-insert bullshit?

How many will be "Mipha lives" fics, or "Link ends up with Paya" fics?

Will there be any that you could look at and declare to be "not shit"?

Probably not, but I'm an idealistic fool who likes to dream...

Weapon durability is cool but it's not fun when you find a brand new flame sword and you cannot use it or it will break

>No perfect dodge
>Not just interrupting the attack but instead wastes time hopping around
No wonder the Japanese usually get easier versions of our games.

But you can't take 5 steps without stumbling upon another flame sword.

That is a flaw of game. Since weapons break they have to fill the world with them. What's the point?

>edition:

Nah, fuck off mate.

Yeah, you're right. Said he used all that and got the flame spear from the end chest.

Is the Guardian armor+weapon combo better than the Barbarian armor?

I blew like 4 weapons the first time I faced a modest test of strength, both of those were a 5 atk mop and a 12 atk sledge hammer.

I mean, the video pretty blatantly uses weapons without durability + and armor that have no stat upgrades and he still completes the trial without breaking a single weapon. What you say makes sense in preserving durability but it's clear that in general durability is pretty overblown.

Guardian set gives you 180% attack boost on Guardian weapons IIRC. You get over 100 damage on ++ swords with damage boost.

It's complete bullshit, tests of strength of any level are easy as fuck and don't really ever cost more than one weapon, if any, especially end-game when durability up 2 weapons drop like fucking leaves in autumn.

Everyone always wants the master sword anyway and nintendo knows it so I don't know why Link has to be a club wielding barbarian for half the game. He's a goddamn swordsman knight that can shoot a bow too and that's good enough.

probably. the barbarian armor doesn't stack with mighty food boosts, and I think the guardian weapons do extra damage against guardians since my 73 damage axe does 254 per swing, pretty far above the cumulative 1.5 and 1.8 boosts that would make it do 197 normally

nah cunt, you fuck off

This game would be a fucking bore without weapon durability and stamina to keep you invested in raiding enemy camps and thinking about your traversal approaches. I bet you're the kind of guy that enables noclip to brisk through games.

>master sword is optional
At first I was excited when I found a double edge sword or a lynel one, now simply i don't care cause it will break

I guess you missed the part that says "Major test of strenght", specifically, the word "major" though enemies will require tougher weapons

Am I the only one that LIKES the destructable weapons? Especially considering how boring indestructable weapons made Fallout 4's combat.

He played MGSV with the chicken hat.

Reloading your gun isn't the same thing as a tissue paper sword ridiculously breaking in 3 hits. Having to go into your inventory to change weapons multiple times because they broke in the middle of combat is bad game design.

Nah, I like it too. I feel like it gives a nice flow to fights. Feels great to throw your axe in your enemy's face then switch to a spear and keep fighting.

>played for 50 hours
>easily beat Water/Fire/Windblight on first attempt
>still try to avoid fighting Moblins though
>encountered a Lynel once and got BTFO
>now just run far away whenever I see one
>mfw a Lynel
This is a great approach to difficulty. If you just follow the game's main questline the game is pretty easy but if you stray off the beaten path it gets fucking hard if you're a casual

1.Paper mache weapons are only for the early game. Soon enough you'll be drowning in royal weapons that literally cannot break fast enough
2. There's a quick change button for a reason, you don't need to open your inventory to change weapon, just right on d-pad then left.

MEESA GRACE IS READY

>how boring indestructable weapons made Fallout 4's combat.
Because opening a menu every 3 minutes made 3D Fallout combat engaging? What's wrong with you people?

look at it this way user.

I was playing the game earlier today farming some guardian parts cause I want to complete the guardian armor, beating guardians with the Master Sword is fucking easy (if you get the first hit) I was walking around the castle slaughtering guardians (around 6-7) till my Master Sword broke, then I was suddenly in a .. oh shit moment, ok I saw guardians, but I had to rethink my approach as my main weapon had broken, I had to stealthily get close to them as much as possible and use my other weapons (which are not as good against guardians) and attack them. having the master sword break makes you have to consider how to approach situations, you might not have the right tools for the job, or not have enough of x tool and have to figure out how to solve it.

You are not, at first I did felt stressed over losing weapons, but now I'm actually throwing away weapons and if I want a specific weapon, I have some marked on my map.

can't help but feel that you would be complaining about this as a shit mechanic if it didn't have "zelda" in the title

If you're talking about V.A.T.S. I fucking loved that feature and wish all console shooters had it

Oh fuck you I'll never unhear it

>if you're a casual

Kinda of an extreme casual. Nothing in this game is hard. It's more of a gear check.

Get out.

not him but I didn't complain in Halo where you only carry 2 guns and human weapon ammo is scarce thus making you use shitty alien weapons instead.

think of breakable weapons as ammo for fps, you run out of ammo and either you find more or you switch to another gun.

But I need those nanners to summon more yiga.

Been goofing around with cooking, and am amused at how many variants exist of Zelda's favorite food, the Fruitcake. If you wondered how she got dat ass, "Fruitcake" is the answer. Perhaps Link should consider completing the game while eating nothing but fruitcakes. Not hard to make variations, most of them consist of the standard fruitcake with a single impurity added.

This is bad game design
A flame sword should be better against some enemies and not others for example. I should choose the weapon according to my needs not because another one broke

Only valid complaint from the last thread.

Why do people hate the bird champion

Jesus Christ you can't be serious

i know /v/ is casual but is there actually people who got mad at weapon durability

even autistic collectors like myself, who refuse to use a +15 flame sword for anything but starting fires since you might not get another +15 due to coliseum drops and world spawns being generic, should have been able to use our brains to kill enemies and avoid fights without wasting too much, until that point every game has where you're drowning in weapons

what happened? i thought I was a poor enough example of mental fortitude, are there people even worse than me?

KEK

When the next zelda wont have a durability system and we dont hear a single one you lamenting its absence everyone will understand instantly why, so any and all pretense of the system being acceptable or even a pro will be shattered by your silence. And it will feel pretty good for everyone that called it.

I am, I'll take RNG over retarded thumbstick aiming any day.

>A flame sword should be better against some enemies and not others for example. I should choose the weapon according to my needs not because another one broke

it holds true in Zelda, I always carry a flame sword, a thunder sword and an Ice Rod with me in case I need to, I don't use them on most enemies, you do have the capacity of carrying many weapons user, its not like you are forced to using your fire sword, unless for some reason you didn't pick up any weapons

The Royal Family's Secret Recipe #1 (Hyrule Castle Library)
The Princess Favorite: Fruitcake
Variant 1 - Fruitcake
- apple or wildberry or palm fruit
- apple or wildberry or palm fruit (optional)
- apple or wildberry or palm fruit (different than other fruit in mix)
- tabantha wheat
- cane sugar
Variant 2 - Mighty Fruitcake
- apple or wildberry
x2 mighty banana
- tabantha wheat
- cane sugar
Variant 3 - Electro Fruitcake
- apple or wildberry
x2 voltfruit
- tabantha wheat
- cane sugar
Variant 4 - Hearty Fruitcake (Full Recovery +9)
- apple or wildberry
x2 heary durian
- tabantha wheat
- cane sugar
Variant 5 - Chilly Fruitcake
- apple or wildberry
x2 Hydromellon
- tabantha wheat
- cane sugar
Variant 6 - Spicy Fruitcake
- spicy pepper or sunshroom
- tabantha wheat
- cane sugar
Variant 7 - Tough Fruitcake
- ironshroom
- tabantha wheat
- cane sugar
Variant 8 - Hasty Fruitcake
- fleet-lotus seeds or rushroom or swift violet
- tabantha wheat
- cane sugar
Variant 9 - Energizing Fruitcake
- stamella shroom
- tabantha wheat
- cane sugar
Variant 10 - Sneaky Fruitcake
- silent princess* or silent shroom or blue nightshade
- tabantha wheat
- cane sugar

The only reason for durability not being present would be because they're not making an open world game. I highly doubt that will happen.

Years of shitty Skinner's boxes have ruined people. They see a weapon break and they feel Nintendo is actively taking away their fun. If anything I'm getting way too many weapons.

Stamina affecting how long you can run is fucking bullshit and you know it. The only reason I can think of is to make it more difficult to run from enemies, but enemies will give up chasing you if you move too far away from their spawn point regardless, so it doesn't even matter how fast you go. You should be able to run indefinitely.

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE FIFTH SISTER IN THE RITO VILLAGE?
FOUR DAYS ON THAT SHIT AND I CAN'T FIND HER

It's literally fucking auto aim. I know mouse is better for aiming but I've literally never had issues aiming with joysticks in my entire life.

It's not Metal Gear or Survival horror it's Zelda, instead of procuring on site and trying to survive you should be shoving an indestructable godly master sword up their ass.

those variants exist for everything, they're automatically generated from the ingredients. you can make crab risotto that increases stamina, attack, or defense just based on which crab you pick.

but if the flame sword breaks than i'll use some crappy sword instead. Look the weapon system in botw is retarded. It's a pick up and use system and it's bad

>I was walking around the castle slaughtering guardians (around 6-7) till my Master Sword broke

This is a lie, the Master Sword doesn't lose durability when used against Guardians.

Maybe it's just horizon shills

Watch the fucking video in the OP you blind retard.

>Nintendo didn't recreate youtube.com/watch?v=cjpHzLYHkwA as a Breath of the Wild commercial

Maybe you should play the game for yourself and realize it is nothing like a shitty survival horror game

if you use the sword against an enemy that is weak to it, it will die before it breaks and you still come across more flame weapons.

it does break, but it takes longer, I can kill around 6-7 guardians with a full charged master sword (not using Urbosas power, that shit should actually enable me to kill even more guardians before breaking the MS)

How is it a gear check? You can avoid every attack from a Lynel, so if it isn't hard, it can't be a gear check

It actually does, but maybe at a reduced rate or something. It appears to not use durability against Calamity Ganon (and possibly the other ganons, I don't remember) but he's special since it recharges instantly and equips itself for his fight, since the sword just really hates him.

No, it's RNG. Anyway, doing any sort of XY movement on a flat screen with anything but a 1:1 precision input device is out of the question for me, because it's retarded.

Motherfucker.

Just go in at night when they're all asleep, then follow them around during the day.

Yes, that is essentially what I said when I mentioned adding impurities.
Having said that, adding the wrong item can make it into something that is not a fruitcake.

Yeah it definitely does. I remember it lasting way more than 7 guardians though..

Fair. Though the labyrinths and Hyrule Castle scratched that itch for me.

Not him but holy shit why didn't I think of that

Yes its actually the REAL issue the game has.

The dungeons and bosses are weak.

God damn it

>D..durability isn't an issue! W..we love it!
>Constant rain isn't an issue! W..we love it!
>Sub 20fps isn't an issue in the year 2017! W..we love it!
>Huge empty world with nothing but useless mob camps and boring tiny shrines isn't an issue! W..we love it!
>Copy paste bosses and story from every other Zelda game isn't an issue! W..we love it!

T.. this is a 10/10! Nintendo have done it! Best open world game ever!

And they have human shapes.

It's not wrong to feel an attachment to certain weapons just because they like the design and stat bonuses. There's not much variety in the weapons anyways in terms of their movesets. It makes sense why someone would favor a specific heavy weapon and not see it break.
That said, I've gotten used to the durability.

Nice.

I didn't think it took much brainpower to see that you can get another of your favorites by going back to the same place that had the old one, except specific modifiers from chests like i said

but clearly it does take too much brainpower for the average /v/irgin

user plz dont ruin Fishfu for me.

pretty much
The lack of real dungeons is terribles.
The shrines are just faceless ideas put in there to fill th map

I found the durability system frustrating at first, then adapted with it, and by the end found it kind of fun and satisfying to use weapons picked up from fights to win it and start the next one.

Basically I got gud and it feels awesome. Heaven forbid you can't just press x to win in every game you play, huh?

I do feel that was one limitation the weapon durability system imposed on the game.

You can't have many powerful enemies who don't drop weapons for the player because if the player then has to fight a lot of them they'll quickly run out of weapons. So as a result humanoid enemies armed with weapons the player can take are everywhere.

>durability isn't an issue we love it
we don't love it, but we accept it and think it's not detrimental.

>constant rain, isn't an issue, we love it
it's weather user, it's random (though it does happen often) I should complain to god cause there has been an unusual amount of gusts of wind in my city, hell if the game didn't have this, you would complain about the game not having weather changes.

>sub 20fps isn't an issue we love it.
we don't love it, we just aren't affected by it cause the game is very engrosing and we aren't pc master race (technically I am, but I don't care about fps unless I'm playing a racing game or fps)

Other games with breakable gear have reasonable durability. This game its like 3 hits and your weapon goes poof

I loved the idea and experience of the dungeons. Having a mechanic to control the dungeon itself is an ingenious way to replace the uniqueness of prior dungeons that had their own item attached to them. But they could've been longer(though I do feel like some prior Zelda dungeons wore on a bit too long).

Bosses were too easy across the board. And the final form of Ganon was a joke. Cinematic, but not an engaging fight at all. But I did like that the bosses weren't "use this item 3 times".

Overall, I agree that those two aspects were weaker than they could/should have been, but with some improvement in the next game, the design philosophies will prove sound

>t. someone who chopped trees with guardian swords

and they missed the most obvious one

but for the record, moldugas and hinoxes drop treasure chests and weapons that fit thematically, so it sorta works out anyway and taluses are the only real proof of that flaw

The only thing in the game that breaks in less than 10 hits is the tree branch.

orcz.com/Breath_of_the_Wild:_Weapons_List
Then stop literally using tree branches

I don't complain in shooter when I need ammo or need to reload. I dont complain in Souls or Fire Emblem when my weapons are about to break or get broken. Why would I suddenly complain in this?

I can't help but believe you would not have an issue with this if it wasn't in a zelda game.

I started the quest and they don't go to sleep, they stay where they are.

Mentioned in some other thread how much I missed darknuts and iron knuckles. They would have been perfect for hyrule castle.

Going through multiple weapons in a fight always makes me feel like I'm the sword autist. I kinda like it.