2019 Supra

Is anyone else excited for this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_VQ_engine
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No

I don't think it's being made to compete with the GTR

yeah I'm hyped
sure V6s sound pretty bad but if it make's good power and performs well that's what matters
looks decent too, getting a snek vibe

toyota should just give up. they're only good at making econoboxes not performance cars
>m-muh 86 dorifto
it's slower than a crysler pacifica lmao

>4 replies, 4 posters
I actually REALLY like your corvette vs gtr and 86btfo posting but Im sincerely asking that you keep it out of this thread for the sake of discussion

Yeah I just hope it's around $40k or less. I'm really not trying to pay C7 prices for a V6

highest trim is rumored to be AWD hybrid
so yea it will compete (and fail)

I don't think it's made to compete with anything...

Is this supposed to be based off the LC? Will it have a different engine?

no, i think my scion tc could probably out perform it

Yeah twin turbo v6 supposedly. Everything is getting turbos now

A twin turbo V6
from BMW I think
when beemer engines work theyre really good so lets hope some toyota magic can keep it going, I honestly have high hopes for it

is this coming to america even

They haven't implemented a hybrid system to any of the Lexus F sports yet so I highly doubt that

It should, the normiebux will keep it afloat

If I can get
>RWD
>manual
>350+ HP
>liftback

For under 55k after taxes, I'm in. I hope it's an I6 instead of a V6, and if I can't afford the 6cyl turbo, I'd rather get a 6cyl NA over a 4cyl turbo.

the roof looks liek the top of pepe's head waht the fuck did they do

>bmw engine

LMAO bmw engine? into the trash it goes

>from BMW I think
wew I thought toyota was all about reliability

>GT86 is ruined by a shit Subaru engine
>not the Mk5 Supra is gonna be ruined by a shit BMW engine

Why the fuck do they do this.

not anymore!

Ruined

Unless I hear that from Toyota themselves it's all speculation at this point

never know
original "rumors" was a new toyota i4 as a base, bmw i6 in the z5 version and turbo v6 in the supra, and finally a hybrid as the supercar number chaser

Yes.

But that is definitely a pre-production headlight design.

HOW IS IT SO TALL? Why?

this, if it looks like that picture then I'll definitely want one, although I'm hoping it'll be at least the price of a V6 mustang. Because then I'll get one, but since it's Toyota and they don't know how to price properly it'll be 60k for barebones

I can't wait for Veeky Forums to complain about how pigfat this Supra is for being roughly 3500lbs, not realizing the 3rd and 4th gens were even worse.

They're using BMW's Engines last I heard.

Nah I seriously doubt they'll sell it at that price. That's the market segment their GT86 is sitting in.

Would you guys rather have a BMW I6 or a Toyota V6? Obviously we all want a Toyota I6 but that seems unlikely.

finally a japanese car that I can fit in
manlets dont deserve everything
itll probably be in that 40k 50k range
do BMW engines get shit with age or miles? Mine's about 10 years old but its got 22 miles

I can't wait to start making money in time for cars getting exciting again
I'm going to lease an 86 mr2 AND a supra

How are they going to cut 800lbs off the LC/LS 500 chassis?

damn you're right, they'll probably sell it at the same price as a M2 then which will be 55k so looks like I'm not getting one anytime soon

>got 22 miles
meant 22k yeah

BMW I6 is fine as long as they don't have their jewish water pumps and other "German Engineering"

This board is such shit.

Just one person mentioned the AWD hybrid system and nobody mentioned the twin turbo V6 that Toyota went and filed a patent for.

Like, holy fuck this board...

You get the stacy's. I get all the nice cars.

The car was jointly developed with BMW to cut down development costs. The twin turbo V6 is from Toyota, a version of the 3.5L 2GR-FE. The Chassis though will be shared with a BMW sister car, called the BMW Z5, obviously replacing the Z4.

No
>no i6
>probably a hybrid to attract the numale cucks
>no cast iron block to handle high hp
>pigfat

That's concept shit dude.

Im still a KHHV man
people say Im too tall and I couldnt even fit in a good as fuck RX-7 deal I came across two weeks ago

And the Supra is a concept car still, since they've yet to reveal it and have yet to say when and where.

Literally NOTHING about the Supra is online besides spy shots and hurrdurrring videos where it sounds like a V6.

>I couldnt even fit in a good as fuck RX-7 deal I came across two weeks ago
Now I feel bad, fuck them get an RX-7. Everyone deserves to fit in one.

Will this come with (working) turn signals? Will people use them?

>muh iron block

There is literally nothing wrong with aluminum blocks. People are getting way more HP (2500+) out of aluminum VR38DETT's than 2JZ's ever have.

Assume so. Toyota and Lexus has yet to nig-nog the signals yet.

Seriously, why the fuck are manufacturers nigging with that shit?

>you
>are
>retarded

So Veeky Forums, where do new cars go wrong? You guys always look to them with some much promise and they always fail you.

What does the perfect new Supra look like to you? (keeping in line with emissions and shit)

The z4 would be fantastic cars if they were japanese

it must have an inline 6
manual trans
RWD

done

*NISMO GTR

>grand tourer
>RWD
> Inline 6
>6 speed transmission
>Pays homage to the 2000GT in some way

Bonus:

>can take aftermarket parts to the engine easily
>take massive boostz

That's it.

>inline 6
I6 is my favourite configuration but it's been getting btfo hard recently
I'm hoping it'll have a manual option
it fucking has to be rwd, theres no way this shit is gonna be awd
as long as that TTV6 is making this car put at least 400 (ok 370) at the wheels and its less than 3600 pounds

BMW makes great engines.

>Renesis won 2 awards
Instantly disqualified.

yes but parts are too expensive

I've owned a variety of BMWs, and parts aren't that bad. Sure, if you get OEM and go to the dealer, it can get pricey. But my random Mexican guy did a good job on what I didn't do myself, and I never had any issues with non-OEM shit.

>muh 0-60 time

>still paying to fix shit that shouldn't be broken
>having to find a mexican because of the frequency that shit breaks
bmwcucks will defend this

how can one designer make this and say "hell yeah that looks good let's go into production".
I really miss when sports cars were more subtle and had nice curves.
This thing looks like a pig on testosterone.

I actually think it looks really fuckin good no joke

it's strange but it looks ok

It looks like a regular car had an allergic reaction and swelled up

Don't know shit about the performance, but it's uglier than fuck and nobody's actually going to buy it. They should focus on the MkIV MR2 instead.

Those pictures were made from the recent spy shots. Chances are that it's not the final design

>GM is on the list
>Nissan isn't
Really fires my neurons

>Wasting my life on this trash

the VQ got several WARDs awards

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_VQ_engine

The Lexus is a luxury landyacht like a S-Class Coupe.

Let this seep into your apparently thick skull already will ya?

its going to be a good car, im seriously calling it

Ward's is probably a better measure because they exclude cars .that cost >$60K. So you don't get Ferrari winning 17 awards.

New mr2 when

6cyl na would be more expensive and slower than a 4cyl turbo, I can't really imagine them offering one.

do you really wanna see them put the MR2 name on anything with the direction Toyota has been going?

Yes?

>why won't the auto industry just remake x car with y cylinders in z configuration with w wheel drive and price it for K dollars. That's all I want.

You fucking idiots they actually have to be able to sell cars to real people who have money unlike all of you. That's why nobody's making you a niche car to your specifications for the price of a small hatchback.

If they have the same attitude with a MKIV MR2 as with the S-FR it'll be just fine. Hell, the same basic design modifying to accommodate an MR configuration wouldn't look half bad.

There is no excuse for the Toyobaru to be as underpowered as it is.

Lfa platform with higher production numbers and obviously a new drivetrain.

Nsx price bracket.

I want it to have an inline 6, if it has a v6, it is DROPPED tier to me.
People were going to put their money where their mouth is when mazda said that there was a chance at the rx-9 to have a rotoray, now look where the rx-9 is, nowhere.

Wat r u talkn bout.

Just because people said they'd buy them doesn't make something a profitable product. The rx9 is still coming and it's still using their skyactiv rotary so Idk what your problem is on that front.

I have a really small penis

86 has plenty of power, mine is faster than my beams mr2 and way more fun. (on the road, I haven't had the 86 on track)

Last I heard was the ceo killed of the rotoray being used, got a link?

>The rx9 is still coming

Should we tell him?

Not that guy but there was some bullshit story about that a while back but it's been confirmed they're still developing the skyactiv-R, no idea about rx9 though.

That's fucking retarded and completely antithetical to what the MR2 was. The MR2 was never in the NSX's price or performance bracket nor should it be. It was an economy sports car. And in what sense would be an "LFA platform" if you have to make it fucking MR, which the LFA is not?

No, he won't want to hear us.

Holy fuck this car IS Pepe!

This is fake right? The spy shots look all weird

that looks more like a 4th gen with a wedgie than the abomination posted by OP

OPs render is based off of the spy shots and the FT1 concept. I think OPs render is pretty close

>Toyota hybrid tech
>A bad thing

No, it's their turbos you wanna worry about. But in all honesty it'll be interesting to see what they use, I can guess either a V6 turbo or their 5L V8. If they go V6 Turbo I really wonder if they'll go balls deep and bolt a MGU-H to the engine. Because that would give it quite a bit more power to the hybrid system.

That looks disgusting as fuck

>BMW
>V6
>wut