>Oilfag polished and painted, and he got shiny satisfaction
>Primely got that hubris money
>Primefag got that no current back pain money
>PTL got that threes money
>EF hates Texas and intentionally forgot The Alamo
>Balam is a steel driving man
>Whiney and M&Ms may be kill

Other urls found in this thread:

wltx.com/mb/news/the-drug-whisperer-drivers-arrested-while-stone-cold-sober/439081096
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hey guys. I'm planning to take a cdl course in a few months. I have a cat, and I know some outfits will let you bring a cat. Only problem is I know that even when you have a cdl as a new driver they have you drive with a trainer for a bit. The course itself is located in longbeach and it's geared towards finding port drivers. If I was to drive in the ports for a bit could I bypass the trainer thing for otr? Or would some trainers be ok with you bringing your cat?

why do people even like peterbilts over kenworths

Anyone here a Garbage Dump Truck Driver???

What is the work environment like?

What company?

How's the pay?

>What is the work environment like?
Stinky.

LMAO! americans need to live in a cuckbox with another guy before they can go solo.

Today is the day b/o/ys.

We leave in a couple of minutes to go test out and bring back the new truck.

Its a five hour drive to the fabricator, so it'll be a nice drive back with it.

Nypd needs to gtfo so i can make the turn

It's been my experience that KW's ride softer than the equivalent Pete and a lot of drivers prefer the firmer ride since it makes them feel more in control.

>local directions to cons: cons would prefer driver call for local directions
>call several times yesterday and today
>No answer

Welp.

Everyone knows pete drivers like to get ridden hard.

That's always fun, especially when it's going to somewhere you've never been before, and it just so happens to be located either downtown in a major city or a fucking suburban neighborhood.

So leave their load where the directions give out, and leave a message on their answering machine explaining why.
In a pinch, return it to the nearest company depot as a refused delivery

If enough of you truckers started doing that, people would fucking learn. Want a delivery? Don't fuck about.

Lol it was one of those downtown big city deliveries. Didn't go until I finally got verbal directions because it's small streets w cars parked up and down the shoulder and if you come the wrong way you're fucked. Once I finally got directions it was like

>Yea bruh you gotta turn right on X street. Unless there is a car on the corner then you won't make it. If that happens go through EXACTLY 3 stop signs and turn left on nigger avenue, go through two stop signs and turn left on degenerate drive, then turn left at the second light. Do NOT miss a turn.

>What is the work environment like?

It's garbage!

Epik
But seriously, if any of you guys can give me a some info of what its really like, id appreciate it. Thinking about becoming one since my CDL has a restriction on trucks that use a fifth-wheel and need a job ASAP

what happened to the leper?

Kickd off truck, driver quit company, end of story.

Mediocre pay compared to other CDL jobs, rumpke is a bit shit to work for

>long frame
>short sleeper
What did he mean by this?

Dick waggling

Don't know, don't care. All I do know is that he was sent to Jeffersonville and all his shit was stick locked in the truck in Indy, and he had no easy way to get there. Sucks to suck.

>park three spots away from nearest truck
>reefer kicks on
>he gives me a dirty look and moves to the other side of the lot
get fucked skateboard

I get the idea of how to shift a truck for the most part but how do you actually stop? Like if youre in the highest gear like on an 8ll its 8th gear in the high range so what do you do if you went up a hill and noticed a stop sign and had to stop, do you down shift into low range 4th gear and then put it in neutral? what about if you had to stop at a red light? do you have to downshift all the way or can you shift to like 5th gear and just keep the clutch pushed in a few inches and then take off again or should you be in neutral? and if you are in neutral at a redlight what gear do you start in again? doesnt holding the clutch on big trucks damaged them?

ive drove manual cars but trucks seem hard

bro it's the same as in a car, comes down to preference. some people downshift. some people throw it in neutral and coast.

I have heard from a diesel tech that you can blow up the clutch if you mis-shift, like going down to a low gear on the highway, spins the clutch disc so fast it flies apart before it even connects with the pressure plate.

well fellas I officially start tomorrow driving flatbed with a crane and rigging company tomorrow. first ever driving job. most of their trucks are W900 day cab gliders with 500hp C15s and 18 speeds. this is my first driving job and I learned truck in a 1995 FLD with a 360hp Detroit 12.7L with a 9 speed. shouldn't be that hard to get used to an extra step in shifting, right? and has anyone else worked for a crane company before? I honestly don't even really know what I'll be doing but it pays well and there are a lot of cool people there.

Anybody want to buy my 2000 international 4700 reefer strait truck? How much is it worth with only 110,000 miles on it? I tried being a trucker fag for 8 months before going back to hiring out shipments, truck has been parking lot surfing for the last two years.

Just let the auto do its job. Meh

what does that mean? jake brakes?

Eh. Don't bother with shifting down to the Low Range. Get down to the bottom of the High Range, declutch and coast in. You'll only be doing like 15mph by that point anyway. Once stopped, trigger the Low Range and shift to the gear you're going to start from. DO NOT throw it into Neutral or you'll have hell getting it into gear again if you have to start moving before being completely stopped. Also for training/school downshift every gear down to the stop until told otherwise by whoever is your supervisor.

I think it means drive an automatic

I was taught to shift to the lowest gear of the high box, coast from there and clutch in once the RPMs get below 1000, with exceptions being things like making a slow corner into a parking lot/yard or the light changing right before you come to a stop. in which case I'd just try to glide it into a gear in the low box with no throttle or clutch.

Sounds like we're saying the same thing.

I'll give you 3k for it

Which one of you shitlordes hurt Whiney-kun's feelings? He doesn't post here anymore. I will 1v1 you irl

I saw a DHT on the fuel island, I wanted to go ask him if he owned a FRS.

Can't speak for everyone, but if I don't need to use the engine brake, I'll skip from 8H to 5L, then if the light changes go into the appropriate gear and accelerate. Otherwise stop in gear and shift to L/1/2. It's better to stop in gear to make sure everything's stopped spinning and you can quickly get into gear to start moving again if need be. Stopping in neutral leaves the gears spinning, so you need the use the clutch brake.

I don't get how people complain about reefers. Mine's doing -10 on constant and even when it's defrosting, it's not as loud as any truck idling. APUs are what fucking suck.

>tfw company took my truck in for massive maintenance last Monday
>it had an apu
>they gave me a loaner that doesn't
I've kept this thing idling all night every night for cold air. If you don't sleep over engine sounds then fuck off.

Even reefer guys complain about the noise my propane burner on the asphalt tanker makes. It is loud as fuck.
Yet the bull hualers love it, as they say the constant drone of it seems to calm the cattle and they arent kicking and moving about when they are trying to get some sleep.

Pete 3's ride better than anything I've been in. I've driven all sorts of Franks, a couple Kennys, and a few Petes. The 379 I drove with 2.1mil on it rode better than the brand new Coronado glider with 24k on it.

When coming to a redlight or stop sign how do you down shift through all 8 gears? ive read some people say to downshift to 5th and pop it to neutral and then just hold the brakes. but how would a road test expect you to do it? are ypu supposed to saty in gear even at a lobg redlight? wont holding the clutch all the way in damage it especially for that long?

What is the fine/penalty for a over weight? I'm always fucking over weight because i get paid based off percentage

Always just shift to neutral then rev match accordingly

thanks bud

>DO NOT throw it into Neutral or you'll have hell getting it into gear again if you have to start moving before being completely stopped
Fuck, dude, just learn to revmatch.

$1/lb over gross is a common fine. Overaxle fines are all over the place.

Picked up the new ride from the fabricator today and had a nice six hour drive back home to get acquainted with it.

Breddy decent, all in all.

DD16, 600 horsepower (extra powah for running the high pressure pump), seven speed Allison automatic transmission, heated leather seats, no governor or GPS tracking (Hit 81mph on the highway before backing down to a more reasonable speed), and the pump cab has a microwave and coffee maker for long jobs.

Fucking clean. So that carries crude oil?

Does holding in the clutch at red lights hurt the clutch if youre in gear and have the pedal fully depressed?

>No, 99% of the time we only carry some kerosene or diesel for use in the burner. The oil or water we heat and pump is usually brought out by a larger tanker which we draw off of.

Dam i guess i haul a baby 85000 from now on

>Once all of the above has been completed, the DMV will issue a commercial instruction permit. With this permit, you can drive with another driver who possesses a valid California driver's license in the same class.

anyone near southern California? guess you can't get a fucking CDL unless you already know someone here. of fucking course...

Go to a trucking school or go to swift....

don't even know why i'm bothering all i have is a 1985 fucking old big rig truck with a flatbed trailer that is also old, bought from military base in Las Vegas and just wanted to do something with it since i don't have a job currently, it probably isn't worth it for me

>tfw no squashed truck

I think with the IL road test, they wanted us to go down to 6th gear in the 10spd. And pretty much as soon as you stop at a red light, you had to shift into 3rd and hold it there until the light turns green. It sucks, but it will be different when you aren't taking the test.

In the real world, if I'm coming up to a stoplight in 9th, maybe I will downshift one or two gears but normally I will just drop it into N and coast. Not like I'm worried about overheating the brakes. Then if the light turns green again while I'm still rolling, rev match and slip it back into whatever gear I can get into.

Fuck the DMV. I was there yesterday.

I saw a fucking cabover dump truck the other day, like a straight truck. I'm guessing it was one of those Freighshakers? It was newer too.

>white trash ass girl at the DMV

It's a popup toaster

Whiney is dead.

Y'all faggots that don't even drive the Coq

I didn't know Truckerfag finally got a live in pet.

chaturbate com/truckerdaddyntwink/

>Me and my daddy have known each other for about a year; we met on Grindr and have been living with each other since then. We only have sex with each other.
>Preferred gift cards:
Walmart, Pizza Hut, dominos, amazon, Best Buy (new mic maybe?), Petco or petsmart, McDonald's (or any fast food chain). If you have any other stores you think I may like, surprise me :)

Looks like cash me outside girl

Looks like your average female USA resident.

Bitch is in the way of that sexy fattie.

>Having a DAC

LMAO! Enjoy that freedom, cucks.

How do you know if your truck is a boy, a girl, or agender/nonbinary?

>whine is kill
>no

Or we don't have to drive through southern BC.

He has three live in pets already, never mind the gayboi.

Are cabover dump trucks not a common thing in Florida? There are lots of them around where I live. Usually Freightliners.

You ask the manufacturer for paperwork that define it's pronouns, shit-lord.

ALL machines are a she

how much?

Hey guys, first time posting in this thread but I casually lurked here a few times.

Have a few questions:

How would I go about getting my CDL? What's the easiest and least expensive route?

I've heard about some programs that pay for your schooling and CDL if you hold a job with certain employers for a year or so, is that true?

Do I need to have my own truck to start out or will my employer loan me a truck?

Sorry for all the nooby questions but I'm genuinely interested in this career path. Thanks for the help.

>Easiest and least expensive route
Company-paid CDL. Yes, most places have it where if you drive/slave for them for a year, they will pay off your CDL training. As for the truck, most companies have trucks waiting. Only time you'd need your own is if you go owner operator.

t. cucked for 4 months by PAM

Not kill but I've been hammering out miles for measly pay. Danny Herman has their shit together, just not their pay scale.

I don't own one any more senpai, start asking if they have an IS300. Where was this at tho?

Not quite but almost

Loves Steele Alabama
Oh that's right you got that mexicanized IS

Nah, wouldn't have been me, I've been running on the I-10 and I-20.

We windfarm now

>Get routed into Springfield to handle some legal shit, eat Huhot and do my car registration
>get it done
>be yesterday, up all morning early af to talk another guy out of leaving The Best
>decide 1300, take a short nap
>wake up at 1430, loud thunder outside
>look at my phone to check weather
>tornado sirens start going off
>wellshit.nef
>grab my laundry bag and laptop and camera and run inside the terminal
>everyone is going into the basement offices
>run outside to wake my friend out of his sleeper
>get in the basement
>literally nothing happens and 10 min later we all go back up

Supposedly there were funnel clouds and shit south of us to Republic and Nixa

>mfw

It's a fucking gorgeous day out here. Better than the shit from last week.

>even less truck related than a pepsi poast

Veeky Forums is everyone's personal blog, you know this

What's wrong with having a dedicated audio controller?

>hauling drums of chemicals
>bills say maintain temps between 65-85 degrees
>receiver stacking them outside in direct sunlight in Atlanta

Oh, that's all right. If there's anything wrong with them you know it happened during "shipping".

watch out, you're going to irritate a certain autist with your unrelated blog posts ;)

Take a picture of them at the receiver with the current newspaper.

Eh, the reefer logs temp time and location data to the company so Im covered. Just seems silly. Apparently the shit is going to go on the roof of this factory so I'm guessing it can handle some heat.

When I'm driving the inside of my left ear gets super tender doesn't hurt unless I touch it then it's a sharp pain. I don't get it when I'm not driving and it goes away a few minutes after parking. Am I kill?

>dropping your lighter in between the seat and door.

You'd earn more money sucking a few dicks per day.

What do you do and what mpgs do you get? I used to do LTL in a Cascadia and I get and 7.7-7.9, now I'm doing max load reefers in the Midwest in a 579 and only getting 6 on a good day

Lmao

>having a lighter
>smoking

Id lick her butthole all day

And them feets

Why doesnt my namefag save

wltx.com/mb/news/the-drug-whisperer-drivers-arrested-while-stone-cold-sober/439081096

LMAO!

Nice police state you have there.

I don't smoke, but I need a lighter to operate my trailer.

>i hope atlanta gets nuked first