Stupid Questions Thread

Post dumb uninformed shit and be made fun of/instructed

Is it possible to us a Single-Wheel to Dually conversion kit to convert a ford sedan? How stupid an idea is this and could I make it work anyway? (i'd only use this car for fun)

New to manual driving but getting the hang of rev matching etc. When slowing down from a highway say for example, is it best to go from 4th to 3rd to 2nd to Neutral gear rev matching or whip it into neutral from 4th when about under 30mph? Also at some stop lights I leave it 1st so I'm not slow taking Off, is this really bad for the car? Thanks!

>Is it possible to us a Single-Wheel to Dually conversion kit to convert a ford sedan?
Anything is possible... so long as you have access to a cnc machine and raw materials
>How stupid an idea is this and could I make it work anyway?
Very stupid. This is downs-syndrome level retarded
With a lot of work, yes. And I do mean a LOT of work.

what RWD manual Jap machine should I buy to D R I F T

Nissan d21. No joke
>Ka24 had huge aftermarket and takes boost well
>Usually comes with 5 speed
>Rwd
>Cheap as fuck
>Easy to slam
>Decently stout rear ends

thanks for the actual answer friend

will def look into it

What's the cheapest way (doesn't need to be the fastest) to into racecar?

im going to my first track day on the weekend, is there anything i need to know?

obv im in beginner class

at the start of the day theres the rules and stuff

then a trainer comes in and shows people how to drive (apex, braking etc)

then i get to head out there on my own.

will they explain the track etiquette to me? i dont want to cut off people because im a fucking retard

Autocross is barely racecar. Then 24 hrs of lemons, which will still cost u 10k.

First question is just a personal preference, really. Ideally you shouldn't ever coast in neutral, but it's whatever.

Don't hold the clutch in for extended periods of time. This will put extra wear on the throw out bearing.

Just be prepared for takeoff before your light turns green. Pay attention to the crosswalk or wait for moving traffic to start slowing down for a light change.

I think it would be easier to get a junkyard dually rear end, have a shop shorten it to the appropriate track width, have a driveshaft made and have some brackets welded onto it to allow it to be bolted onto the car.

The question is, why?

All he said was a Ford sedan. For all we know, he wants to put duallies on the back of a FWD Taurus.

>Dually on a FWD sedan
Everybody knows you don't even need rear wheels on a FWD shitbox, let alone four of the bastards.

Check out the Chevrolet Citation commercials for a demonstration.

Can you turn an AWD car to RWD by taking out the front axles? Would it loose much power?

a crown vic would be the best candidate

Am I retarded for thinking of swapping out a good condition mercedes w124 for a 2005 350z as my daily driver?

Yes, they should, just make sure you have a snell rated helmet.

Yes but depending on how the system runs it could potentially damage the awd system.

The center diff will get all kinds of fucked doing that because it'll think the front is losing traction with no axles. Remove the transfer case/center diff and put in a long driveshaft to the back.

>Am I retarded for thinking of swapping out a good condition mercedes w124 for a 2005 350z as my daily driver?
Absolutely. I do DD 350z, it's somewhat fun but very impractical. Basically 350z sucks as a weekend and as a DD. You better own a kei-car and a supra/sportbike or something like that

thanks senpai, I'm looking around for something to replace the w124 when some idiot eventually hits me and it gets written off. thought a z might be practical enough but I guess not

Daily driver 2004 TSX; MPG: 25-27. Thinking of getting a cheap 2007 prius touring ~$4000 for long daily commute. 3-4 x a week, 180 mile round trip. I drive 85-90mph. will i realize any savings or just hate myself for driving a prius? Or just get it to avoid putting crazy miles on my car?

you can go with G35/G37 if you don't mind shitty mpg

oh you mean a skyline? hmm, havent thought about a newer model one, but Ill look into it. kinda annoying but I need some boot space for my goalie gear. anyway, thanks for the advice, good to get a handle on whats around

There are much less homosexual hybrids available.

So, I'm thinking of buying a car. I'm poor as shit, and i want something older, but that's built good. What get ?
Price range should be like 2k max usd (?)

That's actually correct, I have an '03 police model and I was wondering what the most retarded thing I could pull off was.

Looking into other shit now, but the replies are giving me something to think about. Thanks

How do I know if my car wont start because its out of gas or it needs a new battery.
Just bought it and have been working on it. Just now when I went to cut it on the hands flicker but it doesnt make any engine sound.

Is rev matching essential for downshifting?

Hmmmmmmm?
Second car for fucking around. But damn th BMW maintenance.

Not a v6 but an inline 6. FUCK

Are you retarded? Out of gas cranks but doesn't start. Dead battery does fucking nothing.

On a motorcycle yes, Not so much on cars but it makes for a less jerky ride.

You'll fuck the bearings all to hell unless you shorten the track width of a genuine dual rear wheel axle.

There's a sticky for that.

This fell off my 2006 Toyota Tundra. What is it? Is it important?

>Door checker bracket (blue) is loose and makes a nasty snapping sound when I open and close door
>Try to tighten it back in using bolt (green) but I cant move the bolt

This is a pic from google, in my car it's a Torx T40 bolt. I have a T40 screwdriver but I can't get enough leverage to tighten or loosen this bolt

Any suggestions?

why couldnt they have used a hex bolt
fucking germans

To be clear, in my car the bold is rounded so I cant get it off with a spanner

catalytic converter heat shield

Without it, the underside of your car will get significantly hotter and any debris will hit the catalytic converter and possibly burn.

Are "sport trims" of normal cars worth it? (Merc AMG, bmw M, ford RS etc etc)

For example a fully loaded 340i 3 series is 60k but the m3 starts at 110k? Ofc the m3 probably feels more powerful, but do you really feel the 50k price difference?

No, Infiniti G35 or G37

Oh shit dude that's your muffler bearing. Get a new one ASAP.

>But damn the BMW maintenance.

the bmw maintenance nightmare meme applies to the newer models loaded with electronic gadgets that can break, and are impossible to work on with your own tools. A 1997 z3 is basically a big go-kart and pretty easy to work on

2000 Volvo V40 1.8

Rad fan keeps spinning after car was turned off.
-hot weather today and yesterday since buying the car.
-fan spun for 3 hours yesterday and drained the battery, after firing it up and driving around to charge the battery no problem when turning it off.
-Drove to work for 45min this morning and parked my car at work, no problems.
-drove home 45min, parked car, fan started spinning when i was inside after a few minutes.
-took negative of the battery works 5min after hearing it start, but fan immediatly starts when connected again,
-let it run for about 20min just now since coming home and being disconnected from power and it shut down without draining the battery

Am i being paranoid, or does this sound familiar to anyone?
-

your diff will get butthurt but yeah you can.