Lets talk about buses Veeky Forums

Since most of you ride them, I'm sure you have an extensive knowledge. This is the place to discuss about these wonderful means of transportation for true enthusiasts

I'll start with posting one of the buses from my country, pic related:

Jelcz PR110
Full size high-floor bus
185HP
17,280 kg
Four speed manual
Capacity: 46-110 depending on version
No AC ESP ABS

True commie bus

bump
this is irrelevant to my interests.

These are the busses in my area. I don't know what kind they are

Solaris makes good trolleybuses, very nice suspension.

Looks comfy, have you ride it?

See these exact ones around my area alot

My bus.

Is this the famous m-power version?

That looks to be a New Flyer.

This cunt is my local, haven't been on one in several years though. I know I few of the mechanics at the depot, who all say all the buses are held together with duct tape and hope, with some pushing 2 million miles

The Volvos are being phased out though and are really only used on the country routes and as backups, most are these POS Dennises which allegedly rust in front of your eyes on rainy days

almost everyone rides the bus in my city.

New Flyer must have hired some engineers from kindergarten to design the Excelsior. See that fairing on the roof at the front on both sides? It is only to hide the A/C system because they are too cheap to use a slimline unit. In fact the entire coach is poorly designed ...

I used to ride it all the time before I had a car. I had to again recently when my car was in the shop. It's not too comfy for me though. I'm a big guy (4u) and if I have to sit in a seat that has a seat in front of it my legs are too long and I have to sit weird else it hurts my knees. The newest buses they have allow adequate leg room and the oldest ones have big leather bench seats but there's only like one of those now cuz they want all the buses to have wheel chair ramps

man, I haven't seen one of these in years. kinda nostalgic.

Why would you pay extra for a less powerful slimline AC when the roads have clearance for a regular unit on the roof?

This is my local bus, but I've never ridden it. [imaginary spoiler]I have ridden the train twice though[/imaginary spoiler]

Oops.

the only times I use public transportation
1. I'm drunk
2. I'm going to go get drunk

besides, train > tram > bus

i used to drive the double decker buses in london

All these pavement princesses...

wew, those are considered the normal buses in canada?

still holding onto our colonial vestiges in canada

>tfw there is a non-zero probability i've busridden with an Veeky Forumstist at the wheel

i was driving routes 53 and 54 mostly in evenings and nights
sometimes other routes

In some places. They're used to get to remote oil sites and such.

they do look pretty badass.
something like hotwheels buses

53 goes by me, i've used it from time to time.
why do they terminate the westbound ones randomly at lambeth north sometimes?

53 sometimes gets temporary cuts due to roadworks, however the last "temporary" cut in 2015 took 18 months

Who's up for a bus race

The GMC New Look is the best bus ever made.

The O405 will always have a special place in my heart.

The nostalgia is fucking STRONK.

Hell yeah another socal fag

Gillig Low Floor master race

>The Magic School Bus
checkmate

Can everyone fit on that bus?

Used to catch this to get to University.