freemusicarchive.org

Other urls found in this thread:

renoki.itch.io/blade-of-blood
strawpoll.me/12592220
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Anime > 3D women

Second for AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Where's googum? I wanna bully him.

How hard is it to get players to connect to each other in an Android app with pic related?

So today I made the basic AI for the enemies. I also added zones where movement outside camera is disabled and added enemy spawners for them.

What did YOU do with your game today /agdg/?

Map editor progress

is your sprite meant to be from metal slug

How will you control your enemy mobs?
For example if you put 10 of them on the stage, do they all attack at the same time or do you give them turns?

first (last) for the only reason I gamedev is because I'm unemployable and there's no other way of making money

Yes, the main character is marco rossi from MS, the rest of the sprites are from double dragon.

There will be waves that can either trigger when a set of enemies are killed or all of them are wiped out.

>units are bigger than tanks

I don't know what it is but there's something oddly satisfying about the way you shoot and kill enemies. I think it might be the speed

They deployed their giants.

modified the basic enemy actor to chain different shooting types
but now that I'm talking about it, I realise it's going to be useless for canon fodder enemies.
I need to fix the spawner for it though.

>he never played advance wars

Yeah I realized that too, it's probably the combination of satisfactory sprites from both games I'm ripping off.

Metal Slug has good bullet effects, with fast bullets and a satisfying explosion animation.

Double dragon has those enemy reactions opposed to the flashing yellow on ms.

First add the basic movements and collisions, those are the most basic core mechanics you can make.

Also, don't obsess over making every piece of code you write perfectly OOP. In fact, you should write very simple scripts at the beginning and when you're implementing new features. Just don't forget to NOT leave them like that and actually convert them to a properly written code after you make sure it works properly.

it's not that odd, at least for place holders.
For my stuff the 32x32 cannon here is a boss character, but everything else will be the same size.

>Also, don't obsess over making every piece of code you write perfectly OOP.
Don't make any piece of code you write OOP.

ok those blinking doe eyes don't really work

bump help

Big ass uppdate coming through:
renoki.itch.io/blade-of-blood
game is still shit, though

movement and collisions are already in, that's one of the few things that I already coded

Where can I learn how to into shaders?

Post handsome devs.

>how to into
in english please

catlikecoding if you're into unity

also depends on whether you want to write actual lighting shaders or just mess with postprocessing

Ignore this guy

Ignore this guy.

Listen to these goys.

I want to learn GLSL and understand what I'm actually doing.

if you get too hungry, fret not, i added sandwiches!

ignore this guy

GLSL is similar to C, just without pointers. If you're doing it yourself with OpenGL it's pretty straightforward. Shaders are basically just procedures that do input and output with attributes. Vertex shader inputs are determined by your vertex attributes you set in OpenGL, and fragment shader outputs are determined by the attachments you set in OpenGL. Everything in between is passed between shaders.

Unity shader code uses basically glsl. The only difference is that most of the time, boilerplate is hidden away in unity specific macros that you can look up in another file.

That said, the link I gave you starts with nothing an walks through the entire shading process, explaining all the boilerplate.

yes... but how do I write shaders to do the things I want, where do I learn that?

Unity is Cg with a custom

It's just programming and linear algebra. Writing shaders themselves is easy, it's learning how to e.g. approximate the physics of light to varying degrees that's tough.

Very cute. What's the penalty for being too hungry?

Say I wanted to apply a texture over another texture in a decal fashion how would I do that?

>Using a japanese phrase specifically associated with japanese imageboards on an american located japanese animation imageboard owned by a japanese man is reddit
your newfag is showing

If you've ever played games like Harvest Moon or Rune Factory, there's a meter for energy or "rest" that dictates how much stuff you can do before needing to sleep for the night. Your energy will deplete faster and you won't be able to regenerate health if you're starving.

>retarded newfag who doesn't know a centuries-old meme trying to defend himself by calling other newfags

typical reddit behaviour

Welcome to Pepe's Park

im part of Veeky Forums nation, whats your identity?

not even him btw so get kek'd
Also
>he does 3d games

With deferred rendering, decals are trivial. They work in the same way as lights. With forward rendering, the difficulties in implementing decals have nothing to do with shading and rather how you generate the decal geometry.

>and rather how you generate the decal geometry.
Could explain this point a little further for me?

It's well-documented in many places on the internet.

With forward rendering you can also project decals similarly to deferred rendering (in the sense that they act similarly to lights) but it's inefficient (just like having many lights in a forward rendering scenario) unless you are doing tiled/clustered forward rendering.

Made some collectibles, but my primary concern was bug fixing (the hanging bug surfaced again, should be fixed now, hopefully). Also tweaked camera to allow the up/down movement.

Make the game a LOT faster. Faster movement, attacking, jumping etc.

The melee is so slow that it almost feels like a chore when I hit an enemy.

The crouching takes a lot of time compared to the amount of small enemies there are.

Also, the game crashed at this point when I killed a bat with a spell.

Now you can open the minimap. Should I add some other juice?

Nice minimixels.

What a gorgeous looking game.

Wouldbuy/10

>site:2ch.net "日本語でOK"
>458,000 results
>site:reddit.com "in english please"
>10,600 results
gee willy mister you suure showed me

that's damn juicy, just like rest of your game. keep it up man.

>woah they type in japanese on a japanese website

just fucking go back to redd!t

>weeb things this somehow makes what he did appropriate
maybe not newfag but you sure have autism

taking new sprite requests

>posting a kawata shojo meme pictograph
Back to redditor.

How do I into aggydaggy when I am an 8-5 wageslave?

Bowl of fruit.

how big?

back to >>>tr/a/sh

>katawa shoujo is a visual novel2 made by Veeky Forums

64 x 32px, palette unlimited.

ok

be a 6-12 dev?

>someone is THIS mad
Fuck off back to already

>mad
as if

>redd!t, redd1t, r3dd1t, plebbit, go back, go back, no YOURE the newfag, go back, REEE

Stay on topic you godamn fucks

>tfw taking weeks just to write like 10 lines of boring code.
>its not even good code, its the most hacky and unmaintainable code i've ever written
>I know it will come back to bite me in the ass

I just want to be done with entities communication :(

>he makes le multiple reply post xd
Typical 3d nodev

Video shame:

But that's my time to do errands and relax with some vidya.

I'll just dev at work and blame someone else for the reduced productivity. What could possibly go wrong?

GO BACK TO REBBIT ALREADY

ironic shitposting is still shitposting

>relax with some vidya
not gonna make it

>I'll just dev at work and blame someone else for the reduced productivity. What could possibly go wrong?

the company owns anything you make while on company time

>he replies to shitposts
back to

strawpoll.me/12592220
strawpoll.me/12592220
strawpoll.me/12592220

2ch.net?

Remember to report and hide these posts

dear nodev.

is anyone in here even a dev?

A lot of people are making 3d games so yeah, mostly nodevs.

really tickles the forebrain

My name is Dev

-Standing combo is much more responsive than before and feels pretty nice!
-Crouching attack still feels sluggish and ineffective (a 2 part combo for crouching might be good).
-Jumping attacks have led to killing a bat and it's body still flies forward (dead) and deals damage to me on contact before it falls to the ground.

Pic related I killed the first tentacle/vine monster and then I jumped and hit the attack button just as I landed on it's corpse. This led to me being frozen in place in that animation frame while everything else (torches and background bats) were still moving around/animated.

so sensitive

should really include gifs on itch.io if you want downloads

who?

This week I finally had some time to dev again and I used it wisely. I completely changed the way the movement system works. Instead relying on a single booster part(like in AC), the arms, legs, and backpack have their own thrusters. Legs are generally for forward/backward movement, arms are for dodging and right/left movement and the backpack is for boosting(kinda sprinting), adds a bit forward speed and decides how many back-weapons the player can equip. Also I changed the way boosting works. Going into boost mode(double w) now has an activation cost but for the first few moments the mech goes super sanic before slowing down to a more reasonable speed. It's a bit clunky now but the end game is to allow the player to chain together dodges and going in/out of boost mode to do some crazy fast maneuvers.

It's eh. The controls are slow, the crounching enemies are a pain in the ass, because using the crouch attack is a pain in the ass. Using the super moves isnt an intuitive process.

hope you like it

rip chanterelle girl

looks like bell peppers and purple mashed potatoes

Designing 3D levels is suffering.

fruit is alright, but you have to eat your vegetables too