WTF I love Japan now!

WTF I love Japan now!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N6oJ1AJWY5A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Every time I've been to Japan I always spot tons of American vehicles there. It's a thing even more so than Japanese imports in the US.

Heres a lincoln town car for sale for 20 grand in Yokohama

Spotted this thing in Downtown Tokyo (shibuya). Dude noticed my camera and did a sweet burn out.

How much do you love Japan now?

Spotted in Toyohashi

>It's a thing even more so than Japanese imports in the US.
is it easier to do in japan?

Toyohashi is full of retarded south americans

It's easier to do anywhere else from the US. Enjoy your import ban, cunts.

>that mustang
I didn't know I wanted this

>pot leaf hanging from mirror

i thought the japs didn't smoke weed at all

it's an ironic feature to make the car look even more cliche american

found the owner

Do the Japs take American cars to the toe-gay? How do they handle the toe-gay? I feel like the Lighting and Lincoln would make for unbelievable touge monsters.

>bozo piped bro truck

even more

Japan has no cultural context when it comes to shit they see on the internet or in magazines from american they just see things they think look cool and semi misinterpret their own style from it

and another thing i noticed

check the front suspension

actual proper suspension lift with adapted struts, not just the typical brotruck jam some xtra long springs under it and wonder why its aligntment is fucked since you are using the stock control arms and struts

Not only do they do it with their own style, but they do it better than americans

also the deep dish wheels are a damn nice touch on the look

i'm no weeb but i can appreciate a well done ride

Japanese importing usdm cars is getting so popular that we literally had a Japanese dude that made a thread asking how to import a muscle car to Japan not that long ago kek

heh, thought they liked slammed trucks over there

youtube.com/watch?v=N6oJ1AJWY5A

That poor truck. It must be going through some serious culture shock.

>tfw the SVT lightning will never come back

that sucks too... they got a light truck now which would make it a pretty swift truck, the problem is it's "too big".

>cunts
Enjoy your forced RHD conversion, Aussie.

Why do Americans stationed in Japan bring shit like that to Japan?

t. butthurt aussie mad that no one outside australia cares about aussie cars

No. Not even close
I worked for a guy who's business was strictly restoring 65-73 mustangs for export to Japan.
EVERYTHING had to be rebuilt- to the point the speedos were reset to zero.
Japan has strict laws. After you hit a certain amount of miles, car has to be taken off the road. Even accidents that are considered fender benders anywhere else, the car is no pnger allowed on the road, even if repaired.

What you're seeing ITT is american navy personnel who take their vehicles with them when stationed in Japan. U.S. service loophole.

yeah look at these US Servicemembers.

>After you hit a certain amount of miles, car has to be taken off the road.

Yet, somehow if you rebuild a car, that doesn't matter anymore? What is the loophole in that? I don't get it.

also speaking of this, I need to do some Japan Google Maps car searching again.. Those are always fun.

Like I said, they import also.
But many, many of them are service members.
They allow restored classics that hold a social value.
But they have a taboo about somewhat new cars that have been totalled and rebuilt to resell to an unsuspecting customer, thus the zero tolerance policy.

Just like all things Japanese, its complicated and has its base in honor/politeness.

Thank you for the explanation. It sounds complicated indeed. My Dad taught english over there for 5 years and has been dying to import a Cappuccino, but he lives in Commiefornia now, where it's essentially impossible to register legally.

You're full of shit, buddy.

Japan is strict about the condition of vehicles, that is all. Your car doesn't get banned from the road after exceeeding a certain mileage- the natural wear and tear makes it impractical for most people to keep it on the road come time for the car's "shaken". Cars are fixed and painted all the time- just like at the body shop down the road from where I used to live over there.

>Every time I've been to Japan I always spot tons of American vehicles there.
rlly maks u htink

>After you hit a certain amount of miles, car has to be taken off the road
What the actual fuck are you talking about? That's completely wrong.

>Even accidents that are considered fender benders anywhere else, the car is no pnger allowed on the road, even if repaired.
Wrong.

>But many, many of them are service members.
Japanese people import all kinds of crazy shit. Servicemembers do not. They export.

Just stop posting already.

>i'm not a weeb
>omg they do it so much better

that truck looks like shit, if it was american the first comment would be nigger wheels

nigs don't use nice looking deep dish they use knock off asantis on everything

combine that with an actual well engineered lift and the touch of bozo with the angled sidepipes

Then compare that to every shit late model f150 with nothing more than longer springs and the mud tires that haven't even seen the fucking gravel on the side of a road

>euroclowns are so insecure they have to damage control and pretend there arent American cars in Japan

lol

Wtf I love Japan now

>japs upholding the custom conversion van culture long after it had died in america

Almost brings a tear to your eye

Are you fucking retarded???

His plate only has 13 on it. So I wonder how bold he is with that Murrican car.

>Not only do they do it with their own style, but they do it better than americans
They have large car mod shops with skilled people who will even machine some parts. The shops typically have an installation garage too.

and here is the asshurt Euroclown

Japanese dudes actively import american cars. I doubt it was brought in by a service member

That doesn't answer my question

Same is in europe, there is a big USDM following and cars are always restored or at leasr well kept doesnt matter if its a capric, third gen or 90s panther body. Its a shame when you see "fully restored" car shipped from america to europe. Everything has to be redone they are so fucking slopy, everything is just painted with rattle cans not even sandblasted beforehand when you look in the hidden spots like under carpets or undercariage as a whole. Makes me sad everytime becou until the 90s americans really were great at building cars but they dont maintain the classics the way they should(exeptions are rare big money pony cars)

sorry, fag, we've watch MCM and you aren't importing shit except half cuts from nippon

or it could be that the people buying cars to import to yurop are more concerned with getting a complete car to rebuild themselves than paying 10x as much to buy an actual concourse-quality rebuild

it did

in the shape of the F150 tremor

Do you even ecoboost bro

>implying anyone in australia cares about australian cars

Must be nice being able to own nice things without worrying about pedro and jamal stealing and destroying them.

Or skylar and dakota keying them out of petty spite.

Getting real fucking sick of America being shit.

skylars a good kid... you got proof?