Other urls found in this thread:

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rotary engine
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

jap shit box

dorito
shit
naturally aspirated

shitty meme engine

why would a japanese car be an american chip?

>ARE
>EX
>EIGHT

Done

>not knowning of the dorito's apex seals meme
get the fuck off the board

Broken apex seals

describe this meme to me. i think i deserve to know as i'm the owner of both an rx7 and an rx8.

ur a cuck

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rotary engine

>the rotor is shaped like a dorito
and a cylinder is shaped like your mum's enema drip. so what?

GAS
GAS
GAS

Brap
Braaaap
BRAAAAAAAAAAAAP

thought i was on /tv/ for a sec

Blown Apex Seals.

burning oil dorito

performance
mom
car

kek

has no torque

Ugly as fuck

unless hauling donkeys why would you need it

lol apex seals

HOT START ISSUES

to accelerate quickly

Not an rx7

Muh
Superior
Rotary

you can do that so long as the car weighs nothing. and this car does weigh nothing

Doritos
Nacho
Cheese

seems rather gay

Massive
Maintenance
Costs

only
third
engine

can't believe it took so many posts to get to this

Rotary
eXperiment

>Look at all these people jumping on that band wagon.
>Look at all these people who don't know anything about rotary engines.
>Look at all these people who are cool for being a part of a system.
>Look at all these people who knew some guy who owned one but didn't take care of it and therefor it was the car's fault.
>Look at all these people who are driven to college by mommy.
>Look at all these people who can't drive fast enough to keep a rotary in good health.

I don't get why people hate on the rotary engine. At the track, it is by far the best sounding engine. RX7's and 8's are some of the top times at most tracks I visit coming behind things that are either much higher hp or stupid light weight. At swap meets, they have the cleanest most appealing body work, meaning people take care of their shit. Around town, they stand out from any other car on the road. I think all RX vehicles are fucking amazing since they hold that same value down the generations. Fingers crossed for this new shitbryd coming out.

And before any of you retort with the typical retardation on Veeky Forums, I'm into American Muscle, Classic Cars, and other Japanese imports, too.

>idk why people hate on the rotary
>posts a bunch of subjective reasons and anecdotal evidence supporting his like for the rotary engine

Really makes you think. Not everyone likes what you like dude.

>Being this autistic

The RX-8 in unarguable the most abused, least liked and most unreliable RX. Most were bought as "sporty" cars for the family by pussy whipped husbands who then neglected maintenance to the point all the engines are fucked

>I don't get why people hate on the rotary engine. At the track, it is by far the best sounding engine.

because the RX-8 is a street car, not a race car

retard you can love rotarys and think that the rx8 is shit

Fun to drive.

ctrl + f "secret two stroke"

0 results found, wtf?

Two strokes don't need a rebuild every other weekend

>probably
>bad
>maintained

>Two strokes don't need a rebuild every other weekend
What did he mean by this?

Butt hurt fans

RX9 never happening

Torqueless dorito spinner

t. Rx7 owner

Better without rotary.

So if I resume your argument rotaries are better for street cars because they are good on a race track, sound good and ricers at car meets keep them clean.

Did you mother lull you too close to a wall?

worse than rx7

Being stupid, hating, and bashing something you don't understand is not the same as me saying I hate the fact you hate what I like. Rereading my post, it is kind of absurd that is what you got out of my message.

>being this autistic
It is one of the most abused, I agree, because people don't know that they are buying an actual performance car. But least liked and unreliable is just that band wagon I was talking about. I had more mechanical issues with my girlfriend's dodge and her honda than I have had with the rotaries I've owned. Especially the Renesis. People who don't take care of it, thus, treat it like the performance engine it is, will find that it doesn't run well or they break it. Like those idiots who install turbos on 4-bangers and blow seals/turbines/blocks. They are just amateurs. It isn't the car's fault. It is the people driving them. And you basically proved my point with the pussy whipped husbands. Although, I'd point out more daddy's bought the daughter these cars then the wife saying buy a 4-seater so you can take the kids to soccer practice while I bang the UPS driver.

yes, it is a street car, but I feel your comment is contradictory. It excels at the track and was specifically designed to.

>name calling with an invalid point
Yes, you can like a rotary and think the rx8 is shit. In the same way you can like the 2004 Impreza but not the 2008 Impreza. That's an opinion on personal preference. Not what my point was, though, was it? Jackass.

>Did you mother lull you too close to a wall?
I don't know what that means. I reread my comment and I didn't say anything about rotaries being better for street cars. No idea where you got that, and you missed the point completely.

I'm now questioning your sanity. Pic very related.

Production stock version, I'd agree. When you put some money into it to equal the original price tag of the RX7, I would very much disagree.

Faster
Than
86gt

My 05 rx8 has 107k on the original engine, compression is still great.

Though I did remove the oil thermal pellet so it gets full oil flow no matter the temperature, just takes it bit longer to warm up.

Pretty much all engine failure can be traced to that stupid fucking thing, Restricting flow to the rear main bearing while cold was a dumb ass idea.

OH NO HE DIDE-N

>oil thermal pellet
So did you remove that completely or replace it with one that is always in "warm mode?"

piece of shit

RX-7 FD one of the best japanese sports cars ever made.
RX-8 giant piece of flaming shit.

see
Both cars were made for different things. Mazda said, "Yea Race Car!" with the RX7. But then they said, "Meh, Race Car for family man." for RX8. If they went "Yea, NEW Race Car!" with the RX8, it would have done better.

See price points on both. You can spend less on an RX8 and drive faster than an RX7.

racing beat bypass pellet, stays in warm mode.

Best rotary daily-driver

Piece of shit

The rx8 is arguably the most reliable rotary if you ignore the old 12a and 13bs

13brew can't dream of doing half the milage of a Renesis

Where do you dumb faggots come up with this bullshit

kewl

Hard to seal

Renisis a shit

No u

hint:
you can like rotarys and think renesis a shit

>naturally aspirated
Thats 2 words

We don't hate rotary engines, we hate shit cars.

doors
open
wrong

Too many doors

>we hate shit cars
why?

Very fragile engine

a worse speed6gt

What's broken now?

Opinions are fine, but your justifications are invalid.
>band wagon hopping

unhappy kek

NEEDS A LS

>turning a go-kart into a semi-truck
kys

It's a ~50lb difference between the turbo rotary and the LS. Easily negated by running a lithium battery and carbon fiber.

lots

of

potential

>more power makes it slower
3/10 made me reply

>Easily negated
>carbon fiber.
pick one

front heavy is what i was referring to

reminder pushcucks

>move 2% of weight into engine bay
>front heavy

>engine a
>engine b with 3 times the displacement
yeah not shit its bigger

>they both make the same power

It's the Windows 7 over Windows 8 bullshit all over again.

>what is a torque curve
also, how many times more do you have to pay for that same power? 5x?

>torque
lrn what a transmission is

>cost
irrelevant

keep grasping at straws, pushrods can't compete

>transmission makes up for lack of torque
>money is no object

stay Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums

>pushrod fangirl damage control

>wishes he could own a fun car

I understand how frustrating that can be