Roadkill

what does Veeky Forums think of them? also motortrend in general.

SUBSCRIBE TO MOWDERTREND ON DEMAND TO FINANCE OUR TOYS

other then the constant shilling they're doing now I think their content is pretty entertaining. wish episodes didn't take so long to come out though.

Pretty good although I wish they'd tone down the advertising

>This comment brought to you by Earls Plumbing, AMSoil, Dodge, Jegs, Autozone and our friends at EBC brakes. Subscribe to Motortrned on Demand for more.

Roadkill is totally free though you so u don't have to pay. Just wait 3 months for the new episode. Or just watch all the mtod shows free anyway they are literally posted everywhere.

>WHOA GUYS WE'RE PUTTING A CUMMINS DIESEL IN A CAR
>its a slow piece of shit

and thats the first and last time i watched this crap

lmao what did you expect?

You expects a truck engine to make a car faster?

a fucking boat cadillac no less what a mong hahaha

You're missing out. Also I don't know if I remember a Cummins on roadkill?

Oh neat, looks like I missed an episode.

Just pay for motor trend on demand they are slowly removing the old episodes from you tube.

no they aren't

Ya they are plus most of the crap they post to u tube now is just teaser videos telling you to go pay for the show at mtod. How much u tube bucks to these teaser videos get them?

Hey there must be a new roadkill coming to mtod tomorrow. I never see these shill threads for the you tube release anymore. Oh wait that's because they are out 4 months later. I'll be checking the streamers tomorrow for the new RK free as always.

i literally just checked their roadkill playlist and they have every single episode there.

nig i'm not shilling it was a genuine question. I don't come to Veeky Forums that often just wanted to know the general opinion.

Really because it only went back to show #40 for me. I had to watch some of the older ones that people reupload on their own channel.

So there is no new Roadkill episode coming out tomorrow?

I have no idea honestly. I don't follow them on social media (don't have any). seams one might come out soon considering it's been awhile.

Ya it's been like 4 months. The reason you don't see roadkill threads besides the shill threads that get posted here whenever a new episode comes out. Is because no one here is going to pay for MTOD. Also it feels like they abandoned their you tube following by saying, hey they just don't give us enough money here guys so now we are using this platform as advertising for our pay per view channel.

if I wasn't broke all the time it'd be totally worth it for me to get MTOD just cus i enjoy their shit so much. does anyone know if theres a stream available?

Where's episode 61?

no idea. wasn't it a MTOD thing?

Always, but we don't post them here anymore try reddit. To many viral marketing shills here now.

aight thanks man.

$5 a month for MTOD that equates to around 3 hours of work at my min wage job to take home that kind of money.

Pretty good. I would rather just watch roadkill garage or engine masters with Dulcich though

honestly roadkill garage is becoming better than roadkill. pure automotive kino.

Pay per view is always better.

hot rod garage is pretty good too

I was going to buy the roadkill magazine if it came with a subscription to watch roadkill. But they just wanted more money. How am I going to afford a $3000 drag car to take to ziptie and pay the $40 entrance fee.

>$1.66/hr
Back over the wall Jose

Yeah. They hopped it and broke the frame

7.25=3.62 after taxes but the benefits of our new part time employee share workforce cannot be beat. I work in the automotive industry too BTW.

That was #60 IIRC

>50% tax rate

What the actual fuck

I like them and Dirt Every Day for the same reason I liked Wheeler Dealers and hate garbage like Fast n Loud. they actually go into the mechanics of things and just do the bare minimum to get things running rather than spending 10 minutes going over their custom audio system with you. and their deadlines are actually real things not just made up for the sake of adding drama.

I really hate the fake deadline shit
>>OMG WE STILL NEED TO DO A MONTHS WORK AND THE SHOW IS TOMORROW!!!!
>Cuts to start of show and the car is perfect
>>YEA IT WAS CLOSE BUT WE MADE IT

Ya didn't you know you only keep half of every dollar you make. Under age never had a job detected.

My tax rate is 20% and only after the first £11000, where the fuck do you live where there's a 50% flat tax?

Where the fuck do you live? Where do you work? I think your pay guy is embezzling.

MTOD, I think it's another episode 34 where it was behind the scenes/outtakes.

roadkill is drama for car loving boomers who pretend they know cars just because they can change an oil filter themselves. i'll take chrisfix over roadkill any day

>drama
What?

is everyone on Veeky Forums underaged and unemployed? what the fuck its cheap and you get a bunch of extra shit to watch, get a job and support people who make the shit you enjoy.

2017 Roadkill Release Dates (Episode Number)

February 17
March 17
April 14
May 12
June 9
July 7
August 4
September 1
September 29
October 27
November 24
December 22

straight from the website

>we bought a bad car!
>oh no, it broke, how will we ever beat the deadline?
now you choose:
>hurray, we did it!
>oh no, we didn't do it!

repeat ad nauseam while plugging thirty sponsors and you have a boring boys club drama show

are you going to ziptie? which one? i'm gonna be at the ohio one

I think there on netflix now.

>Do collab with Might Car Mods.
>Aussies make an insane WRX ute from scratch.
>Works perfectly
>Americans put a bigger engine in a big car.
>Hardly works, hardly finished.

>scratch
>cutting up sheet metal with sawzalls
>have whole team working with them
>engine mods are plumbing and a tune

dont know what the fuck youre talking about
tomorrow is 4 weeks idk what youre talking about 4 months

At least as entertaining as old Top Gear desu. I think it's kind of underrated.

Insurance
State tax
City tax
Federal tax
Medicare
Whatever else they feel like lumping in

Maybe you're not the demographic. Where I grew up you bought beater cars for cheap, got them running and drove the wheels off of them for fun. It's like any other streaming shit: you just feel like you're hanging out with your buddies.

>Roadkill
pretty entertaining, sucks motortrend put their new videos behind a paywall but at least i can just wait a couple months for it to be free
engine masters is pretty cool too, good place to learn general stuff about engines upgrading them

>tfw no nascarlo

Lmao you're retarded.

I still can't believe how fucking good the Nascarlo's body looks by just shortening it to move the C-pillar back a bit.

dude i know right? when i first watched it i thought there was no way it would look ok; they fuckin made it so much better imo.

Early episodes were better, roadkill garage is the best

agreed they did a good job shorting it up and making it fit that chassis

>randy pobst gets a show
>cringe worthy acting
>now he's a joke and mostly off camera in ignition and head to head
loved hearing his commentary on cars

And yet it was more fun to watch the Yanks fart around.

T. Aussie

Does anyone know how to download stuff from MTOD now? You used to be able to just click a link in view source but now you can't.

>cringe worthy acting
i liked randy, he's a goofy motherfucker
let the guy have some fun when he isn't setting records for everyone else

I liked it more when they were slapping together a bunch of old and cheap parts together

now it seams like most episodes are ________ gave us a $13k crate motor so this is what we did

>Back in 2015, Roadkill hosts David Freiburger and Mike Finnegan went on the annual Hot Rod Power Tour road trip with a bunch of Roadkill project cars and shot a video for a Hot Rod show that never came to be. As a result, this lost episode of Roadkill powered by Dodge has not aired until now. And while this show does not have exactly the same production quality or format as a normal Roadkill episode, it’s Roadkill-y enough that we thought we should share it with youhere on Motor Trend OnDemand.
It isnt that interesting anyways.

tbf mcm just did aesthetic mods (like always), and anything performance hardware related was handled by someone else

it was a little too zaney, and it just fluffed the episodes up with off topic nonsense, where some bits were too goofy and too long

>None of the cars have matching body panels

Stubby Bob does! That color just happens to be rust.

Literally 30% of motortrend is advertising, either advertising their channel "SUBSCRIBE NOW" bullshit or a bunch of products they use. I get it, they get shit for free for putting it on the show but there comes a point where its too much.

The other annoyance is just how much filler bullshit is in all their shows, go watch motor masters (or whatever its called) and its 90% zoom-ins on whatever engine they have, its almost parody.

Roadkill is only good for Finnegan, his own show is better and there hasn't been a cool roadkill in ages.

Have a thing.

>motortrend

Its somewhat ok

I love roadkill, BUT
this episode did kinda bum me out. MCM seemed like they put a lot more effort in. the impala would have been awesome if they would have just changed the rear gears, put a spool in it, fat tires, and a better stall converter. maybe make it floor shift too. they kinda half assed it. otherwise i love their show. dirt every day is pretty cool too

Dulcich is way better than Finnigan, I reckon. I love RK Garage, it's like what RK used to be, just wrenching on beaters

Dude seriously where the fuck do you live? Here in burgerland I take home min wage where I live at $8.50/hr and consistently keep around 85% after reductions... Where the fuck are you?

>Under age never had a job detected.
>being this smug about getting a shit wage and getting raped on taxes
Is this how you cope?

I really like to watch Motortrend in general, fullHD on my big tv screen, but somehow not Roadkill, no.

Is his beard just Jeremy's hair turned upside-down?

>what is Ford GT
>what is Corvette
>what is Mustang
>what is Camaro
>what is Viper

Nigger fuck off. All truck engines. All insanely fast.

I like it, shilling aside. Some dull / half arsed episodes but on the whole it is entertaining and pretty interesting to see what can be done with these cool old cars we don't get in the UK.

Totally not a shill thread guys. Makes thread advertising a pay per view show 1 day before the show comes out. No guys it's totally free for 30 days with trial. Then sticks around to protect the brand quickly responding to any negative posts about Motor trend. It's more obvious the only time these threads show up are when new episodes are coming out this board was better when roadkill hadn't released a new episode for 3 months.

Pretty sure that was Dirt Everyday.

And it was a TRAR, and it was dop af.

I started watching last week on a whim. I'm only at S2 E4 but I think it's entertaining as hell. The odd tips and tricks they throw in like the sock at high idle are great because even though I'm an apprentice we never see carbs, mechanical fuel pumps etc. on older cars.

>>what is Ford GT
Depending on year either a supercharged modular or a ecoboost, neither of which are exclusively truck engines
>>what is Corvette
I wasn't aware they put the LS9 and LT4 in trucks
>>what is Mustang
See above, and IIRC the voodoo is only in the Mustang curantly
>>what is Camaro
>LT1
>>what is Viper
A truck engine recast in aluminum and then extensively re-engineered, then only put in a single truck. Closest thing to a real truck engine mentioned

>Chrisfix here and today we are gonna be beating off my neighbor

>Roadkill
>Two dudes working on their own while also editing magazines and running half a dozen other shows
>MCM
>Two dudes working with an entire professional team at their disposal and the only thing on their plate

literally every car pictured looks like ricer trash

WE GET IT
YOUR POOR AND ALL THOSE CARS ARE BUDGET BUT JESUS CHRIST COULDNT YOU HAVE ONE CAR THAT ISNT RUSTY AND HACKED TOGEATHER

>ricer trash
>Literally the only non-American car has an American engine

The whole fucking point is doing shit on a budget, if I wanted to see million dollar show cars there's several dozen shows that cover that.

A budget your funny the show is sponsored by Dodge they took a new engine out of a new car for one of their cars. Not to mention the show was always part of a major cooperation hot rod magazine advertising write off.

The whole point is having fun with old cars. Roadkill started life as Beard and Ball cap just finishing or reviving old projects they had never done, and paint is expensive and time-consuming. Better to just not bother and run the car with rusty, mismatched panels. General Maintenance was a gift from Dodge, yes, as was the General Mayhem Hellcat conversion, but the rest have very little if any sponsor money in them.

Now I know your a shill taken from roadkill Facebook 2013 Sponsors for Roadkill now include. Holley,Eastwood tool supplier,AcDelco, ironclad gloves, mast Motorsports,Gearstar,becool, Gopro. Don't forget optima batteries. The show is a marketing platform just like the magazine empire that was failing print media before they attracted new views though you tube. Now there is even a roadkill magazine making a full circle of success.

Hey kids do you like cars.

Motor Trend’s YouTube Series `Roadkill’ Is Becoming a Print Magazine Aimed at Millennial Car Lovers.
An old school print company is launching a new magazine, with a unique twist. It’s based on a YouTube show.

In fact, in an era where many legacy media companies are still trying to figure out their digital strategies, Ten: The Enthusiast Network, which publishes the 66-year-old magazine Motor Trend, has enjoyed massive success with the original YouTube series “Roadkill.” So much so that the company is planning to roll out a quarterly magazine called “Roadkill” starting in September, along with a companion website (live this week) and a series of live events.

And get this: the team behind Motor Trend isn’t just trying to get those YouTube-loving millennials to put down their phones and pick up a magazine. It’s charging them $9.99 an issue.

What are they thinking exactly?

Well, “Roadkill,” launched in 2012 as part of YouTube’s effort to fund content from a mix of Hollywood and traditional media players, averages 3 million views an episode.

Meanwhile, millennials have shown a high propensity to consume such content via social and mobile media.

But both executives argued that with enthusiast content like muscle cars, audiences can’t get enough, which should bode well for a print product.

Mr. MacKenzie noted that when the company started a Facebook page for “Roadkill” on a Friday afternoon, it generated 30,000 likes the first weekend before the company posted any content. “When you see stuff like that going on…that’s off the charts engagement,” he said.

And when it started it had none of that. I started watching at episode 3. It was literally just "let's go buy some junker and thrash it" or "here's this old thing I've had sitting around, let's fix it up and thrash it." It was something without the crap of reality TV, and the duo had good chemistry from the get-go. Unsurprisingly, something good got popular and then they got sponsors thrown at them. It's gone downhill a little bit but it's still good, just not great.

>"yeah, because roadkill."

Yea, its still one of the best youtube channels around

But that doesn't mean I'll donate or pay for special content, nobody got time for that extra shit

I could fund them, but I need shares in their brand