Craigslist thread

This is a thread to post cars you're considering buying and getting advice or input from others. If you're posting a car try to reply to someone else, but if you have no clue what you're talking about fuck off.

Other urls found in this thread:

seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/6084135721.html
ebay.co.uk/itm/1972-Plaxton-Panarama-Ellite-Bedford-YRT-Coach-466-Engine-Manual-ENV-Gearbox-/142376805535?hash=item212651a49f:g:YpcAAOSwCU1Y3VKN
goo-net-exchange.com/usedcars/TOYOTA/COROLLA_LEVIN/700102067530170126002/index.html
detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/6121636630.html
carsales.com.au/private/details/Honda-Accord-1983/SSE-AD-2088833/?Cr=3
charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/6104302167.html
charleston.craigslist.org/cto/6125799968.html
victoria.craigslist.ca/cto/6086268011.html
tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/cto/6101940522.html
dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/6127579376.html
truecar.com/used-cars-for-sale/listing/JT8BH68X3Y0026771/2000-lexus-gs-400/#
youtube.com/watch?v=ddATjAqR0IY
orlando.craigslist.org/cto/6127290713.html
madison.craigslist.org/cto/6093559834.html
chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/cto/6127343016.html
rockford.craigslist.org/cto/6074530820.html
newyork.craigslist.org/brx/cto/6112615057.html
sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/pts/6118746634.html
sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/pts/6118766307.html
iowacity.craigslist.org/cto/6129061750.html
newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/6127600356.html
autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=454364596
minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/cto/6126430136.html
seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/6129131031.html
longisland.craigslist.org/cto/6128256380.html
newyork.craigslist.org/search/cta?query=suburban&sort=date&hasPic=1&searchNearby=2&nearbyArea=59&nearbyArea=34&nearbyArea=248&nearbyArea=451&nearbyArea=349&nearbyArea=193&nearbyArea=281&nearbyArea=328&nearbyArea=166&nearbyArea=44&nearbyArea=249&nearbyArea=561&nearbyArea=279&nearbyArea=167&nearbyArea=250&nearbyArea=168&nearbyArea=170&nearbyArea=354&nearbyArea=684&nearbyArea=17&nearbyArea=356&nearbyArea=278&nearbyArea=38&nearbyArea=276&nearbyArea=378&nearbyArea=286&nearbyArea=173&nearbyArea=463&nearbyArea=240&nearbyArea=357&auto_make_model=suburban&min_auto_year=1973&max_auto_year=2006
providence.craigslist.org/cto/6122277430.html
reno.craigslist.org/cto/6130253471.html
poconos.craigslist.org/cto/6125230495.html
spokane.craigslist.org/cto/6104817956.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Staring this off with
seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/6084135721.html
What could possibly be wrong with it? Why is the dude selling this for so cheap? What should I look for if I meet him?

If I had the money and skills for a restoration, I'd get this in a heartbeat

ebay.co.uk/itm/1972-Plaxton-Panarama-Ellite-Bedford-YRT-Coach-466-Engine-Manual-ENV-Gearbox-/142376805535?hash=item212651a49f:g:YpcAAOSwCU1Y3VKN

>Lightened flywheel
>Not lightwieght flywheel

It's a half-assed job done by Mexicans that did everything on the cheap, I bet it shakes like a peado in a playground

Looks pretty damn good for a bus from the 70's, parts are probably hell to locate though
That's not what really concerned me. There's no picture of the engine bay so I feel like he might be hiding something.
Also why would it be shaking? If the dude had a shop do all his work that shit couldn't have been cheap. Maybe if he'd done all the work himself.

>If the dude had a shop do all his work that shit couldn't have been cheap.
Mexican shop working for $10/h. Lightened flywheels are rarely balanced, so it throws the balance of the entire engine out. If he were serious about it he would have replaced the flywheel with a lighter one instead of lightening the stock one.

How much you think It would cost to unfuck this car? I have about 5k in the bank right now do I have some wiggle room on repairs, and the interior looks so fucking mint as well as the body it makes me quiver, just worried about the engine.

Honestly the engine is gonna either be alright or junk. Either way I wouldn't buy a 4 grand car with a bunch of dodgy mods on a 5 grand budget.
Also, pod gauges are cop magnet and so are Integras, so you'll spend most of your time at the side of the road.

goo-net-exchange.com/usedcars/TOYOTA/COROLLA_LEVIN/700102067530170126002/index.html

Cheap as fuck levin import. Mileage is insanely high though and I don't have the skill or time to replace the block. Should I when i have enough saved up?

It's a risky buy, if anything just the shell looks beautiful so you could probably make a profit fixing it If you're hand. I'd go for it my man.

Dont have the money right now unfortunately but I will by the end of summer. Hope it isnt gone by then.

There'd always others. Nips love shipping cars overseas for crazy prices by their standards and cheap as fuck by our standards. Where you really get fucked is shipping fees so he careful. Always check the company shipping cause they will fuck you over any chance they can get.

Very true. Thanks for the advice.

I want to go have a look at it next week. I'm shopping for a beater to replace my pickup.

Open to other suggestions.
>midsized or smaller
>$10k CAD
>winnipeg
>no hondas

detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/6121636630.html

Looks fucking good for $500 trukk.

They really couldn't find some hubcaps to throw on there

Ah, text of the ad says 2 sets wheels/tires.

I just assumed those are winters on steelies.

carsales.com.au/private/details/Honda-Accord-1983/SSE-AD-2088833/?Cr=3

I cum every time I look at this and how clean and unmolested it is. Am I an idiot for wanting this and being likely to buy it?

How is it so clean? Still has the stock radio, really amazing.

I know, I really think I need this car. No-one seems to take care of old cars that's aren't worth much. But that's my fetish pretty much. Really old standard model cars that were never really valuable, but are in pristine condition.

I know exactly how you feel. These cars are a neat little sideshow at car meets.

charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/6104302167.html
seems to cheap to be good

2007 gmc sierra 1500 denali for 13k. 180k miles. Yay or nay?

Could be fun to drive the balls off it for a couple days before it catastrophically fails.

charleston.craigslist.org/cto/6125799968.html

180k is too much for 13 thousand dollaridoos

MASERATI IS GM SCUM

500 dollar audi...
victoria.craigslist.ca/cto/6086268011.html
Thoughts? Anything to watch out for if i check it out next month?

You'd look retarded driving this.

Those things have 0 resale value, literally bought by basketball players that don't know anything about cars.

Please don't.

Not Craigslist but letgo, guy says its negotiable and only thing wrong is window regulator

I have a Mazda 3. Love it

b5's are solid as fuck so long as you change the timing belt and keep tabs on possible sludge issues.

all the electronics can, and will fail. if he claims everything works and it does, this might be a great buy as a shitbox

Can't find the posting now but advice please
>2000 VW Golf
>2.0 w/ 150k?
>5/6? Speed manual
>4 door
>subs but everything else stock
$1000 or $800 without inspection.

>have a few things posted on craigslist
>get texts every few days
>'hey still have that (doesn't say what)'
>'do you still have the car'
>'hey man will you take $__(50% off asking price)'
>'whats the lowest you will take'
>'what do you mean whats the most i will pay?'
>question that is answered in the ad
>asks an onslaught of questions
>never actually wants to buy

I can't wait to have all this shit sold

Thinking about selling an 09 mazda 3 on craigslist. Would it be better to pay to list on autotrader, etc?

And how do people safely deal with meeting, test-driving, and payment?

>buying a Maserati after the warranty expires
>buying a TEN YEAR OLD Maserati after the warranty expires

$200 for a fucking inspection?
It's like $20 from any mechanic

Yeah that's true, i don't understand it maybe cause E-brake needs to be fixed.

thanks, i'm not too experienced in checking engines for possible issues but i'll check before i take a look at it
where does one check for sludge i haven't heard of it, is that in the oil or coolant?

Levin coupes are my favorite, here's one that I cant afford by stroke my wee wee to often

tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/cto/6101940522.html

if only it was an 89 and in the states. looks damn good and worth keeping pretty

dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/6127579376.html

Good deal?

truecar.com/used-cars-for-sale/listing/JT8BH68X3Y0026771/2000-lexus-gs-400/#

Someone be my voice of reason pls

If you plan on keeping the stock motor, pass. They aren't easy to work on and the vacuum system is a bitch.

Rust in the back is likely due to perished hatch or sail window seals which means the hatch floor will be rusted too. Exactly how mine is

Swapping an LS in mine and interior will stay gutted so idgf but be warned

this is super hot, i'm a sucker for bone stock family cars from the 70s/80s/90s because there are often none at shows, but everyone has a performance variant / modded and lowered example with a huge engine

Service and repairs are going to be pricey.. and cost more than the car.

sorry but there is no craiglist here.
peugeot 405.
im literally in love with this car,i got the money.
160.000km,1994 model
thoughts?

I don't think he's hiding anything necessarily. It's a turbo project car, that doesn't really give people a lot of confidence that it is well built and will go many miles without breaking. You never get your money out if a project like this and it looks like he knows this. It's highly modified which means that Honda reliability is out the window.

I'd say check it out, take it on a long test drive and really look it over. I'd do some full throttle pulls and be on the lookout for fuel cut-off, pinging, boost creep, heat soak etc. If you don't know much about cars have someone come with you. At the same time if you don't know much about cars maybe this isn't for you.

You can't just slap a turbo on a car that wasn't built for one. I'd look for fuel upgrades, cooling upgrades, engine management, boost control and guage, intercooler etc.

>hey do you still have item available?
Yes
*never replies again*

Oh isn't Craigslist fun

Sludge is in the oil.
I don't know how you check for it without pulling the valve cover or drop the oil pan. It's just gunk that builds up in out of the way areas and ends up clogging shit up. Happens in some engines due to poor design, broken pcv valve or not doing regular oil changes.

You might have better luck on autotrader but the US site is full of ads and tiered car ads.
>And how do people safely deal with meeting, test-driving, and payment?
Does your police station allow you to do craigslist meets? I've done payment right at the bank, last car I bought was in a good neighborhood so I just brought cash after the drive.

BMW general suggested you remove the filler cap and see if there is any sludge there, I doubt that technique is more effective than dropping the pan.

You could also pay for an oil change during the inspection, see if anything like this vid happens.
youtube.com/watch?v=ddATjAqR0IY

check for rust, otherwise 405s are reliable af

Mk5 GTI with 90,000 miles for $6,000. Good deal? I'm strongly considering it, this is one of my all time favorite cars. orlando.craigslist.org/cto/6127290713.html

thanks guys

>orlando.craigslist.org/cto/6127290713.html
Great for those with advanced certificates in electronic diagnostic and repair.

Eh fuck it I'll figure it out. Going to look at it today.

He won't reply for some reason.

madison.craigslist.org/cto/6093559834.html

If anything, I'd strip it all down, throw a junkyard SBC in it and make it a hoonmobile.

help
chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/cto/6127343016.html

If only I had a spot to put it, this is my favorite year.

rockford.craigslist.org/cto/6074530820.html

and gone
wtf

Always wanted a 4dr version one of these to DD, finally came across one in a good condition. A bit pricy tho.
newyork.craigslist.org/brx/cto/6112615057.html

Any mustang owners are out there? Is this a good deal?
$100 american tokens for a 2015-2017 GT

Also $80 for the suspension. Is the 150 round trip ride worth it for this?

sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/pts/6118746634.html
sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/pts/6118766307.html

pls respond

is del sol just a meme or actually worth it?

it's the milhouse of meme cars

the buttressed notch back makes it look mid-engined which obviously it isn't, so aside from maybe the 7th gen Celica, it's one of the worst examples of factory rice ever concieved. It's also on the girly scale somewhere between a Miata and a Suzuki X90.

still a good car though, it's a civic, shut up and buy it

1993 Geo Metro Convertible

I've always wanted to get into autocross. Would this be a decent choice for >500? I'd anticipate putting 1000-1500 into parts afterwards.

link: iowacity.craigslist.org/cto/6129061750.html

Yeah, get it. Put it on your wall. Do pull ups with it.

What did he mean by this

What do guys think of early 2000-2003 Mitsubishi Galants, are they any good?

>Mitsubishi
No

Alright, I'm just looking for something that isn't the average run of the mil Jap car.

What would you guys recommend? I'm in LA area.

*the

What's their main drawback? I like look of the Galant and the 3rd gen Eclipse.

Mostly shitposting, I just have nightmares about the Mitsu's I saw at various car shows over the last 15 years.

What do you think? It would be less ambitious than my first project car (mk2 supra), but much cooler
newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/6127600356.html

>advice thread
my previous car was a hyundai tiburon, timing belt failed and engine tore itself apart

i've got a budget of about $4k, maybe $4.5k
probably gonna start having kids before I replace my next car, so sadly I can't justify buying another coupe. Need a daily driver for the philly/south NJ area that's cheap to maintain, relatively safe, and no bucket seats (my wife apparently hates them and didn't say anything till now)

does this look like an OK deal?

autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=454364596

Tips?
minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/cto/6126430136.html

Looks like an OK deal to me, doesn't look like the body is in bad shape. Interior seems to be clean too, should be a safe buy.

seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/6129131031.html

Unouwanit

Should I?

longisland.craigslist.org/cto/6128256380.html

They are basically bulletproof. Go with V6 though

Source: I own one

seems like a really boring car. there has to be something comparable, but more interesting, in the $6k range... could probably get a clean is300 for that price. still lexus RWD 4door sedan, but way more fun to drive.

that interior looks terrible. ugly color combination, shitty looking leather.. lowball him so you can replace it and make it look decent.

yeah these cars are shit, and aren't worth shit. only reason to buy would be to make it look like you have money when you actually don't. and even that is a risk, because by now most ppl that can afford luxury cars already know those maseratis aren worth shit.

no rust + california plates in car is a good sign. also one of the best looking subaru's and probably wont go down in value, if anything up. you probably know this if you're considering these, but those engines tend to have headgasket problems. they're pretty much guaranteed to blow at some point, so find out if it happened recently and was fixed, or if it's going to happen while you own it.

yeah def get it. tell owner you'll pay full price if they have the clutch replaced before you pick it up.

>paint color
>custom

For a guy just getting into the cars, what's a good model to look out for that is a subcompact to compact but has a good engine for the price and comes in a manual?
Looking to sell my old Focus and get something more akin to a real car, I still prefer them on the smaller side though.

I'm shopping for two cars.

I'm looking at Suburbans (need a 7+ seater that can fit 4x8 sheets flat, with doors closed. 4x4 a plus for winter/farm roads. replacing my E-350, and dont want another creep van). I gravitate towards the 92-99 generation, but open to anything 73-06. Any recs?

newyork.craigslist.org/search/cta?query=suburban&sort=date&hasPic=1&searchNearby=2&nearbyArea=59&nearbyArea=34&nearbyArea=248&nearbyArea=451&nearbyArea=349&nearbyArea=193&nearbyArea=281&nearbyArea=328&nearbyArea=166&nearbyArea=44&nearbyArea=249&nearbyArea=561&nearbyArea=279&nearbyArea=167&nearbyArea=250&nearbyArea=168&nearbyArea=170&nearbyArea=354&nearbyArea=684&nearbyArea=17&nearbyArea=356&nearbyArea=278&nearbyArea=38&nearbyArea=276&nearbyArea=378&nearbyArea=286&nearbyArea=173&nearbyArea=463&nearbyArea=240&nearbyArea=357&auto_make_model=suburban&min_auto_year=1973&max_auto_year=2006

and im thinking of picking up a cheap e30 or e36 for the summer. currently have my eyes on this one:

providence.craigslist.org/cto/6122277430.html

>1999 e36 328is
>154k miles
>needs new water pump
>colors are ridiculous but whatever
>$2500

How many in this thread know what they have?

If you need a car, buy it. The mk4 2.0 Is pretty nice, especially in manual.

reno.craigslist.org/cto/6130253471.html

WHICH ONE OF YOU MADE THIS
poconos.craigslist.org/cto/6125230495.html

Is this some kind of secret code for "brotha deal"? Why is it always black people covering their plates with a finger?

That dude isn't black, his hands are dirty from mechanicing. Something you numale fuckboy trash probably know nothing about.

spokane.craigslist.org/cto/6104817956.html

Hmm you're right. I mean, he does own a Mazda. Maybe it's a black guy that turns wrenches.