Why do bongs like the Ferd so much?

Why do bongs like the Ferd so much?

Because of the cheap finance pay monthly jew that always gets advertised over here. I can't not look at a brand new Focus and think of the pay monthly jew

Because they've had their own division for the last 106 years and made their own cars for the last 84 years.

they actually got good Fords and have a nice racing history so its justified

if they just got all the lame burger shit I would understand why you ask

What he said. It may as well be a separate company. Britfords are actually good, and the muricuck models typically are nicer. Compare headlights on Brit and murican focuses from like 10 years ago.

Ford of Yurop have made a lot of bitchin rally cars

an Island of Cuckolds like a car brand that targets cucks, what's the surprise?

But you also have Vauxhall, why do you hate Vauxhall?

The Jews even corrupted Henry Ford's legacy.

GM shit

Euro-spec Fords are damn nice.

Ford YOO ESS AYY gimps the cars for the shitty american drivers, road, and economy.

How does it feel knowing that Africa gets better cars than you? Ford literally has 'Ford USA' and 'Ford Rest Of The World', with very few cars shared between them.

>why do you hate Vauxhall?
Because >GM
Also because they tend to make them too heavy and not put enough focus on ergonomics and suspension, but load up on toys to make up for it and keep just under Ford's price point.

The prestige is thus:
> Rolls Royce
> Actual luxury brands
> Ford
> Vauxhall
> Japanese cars
> Korean/chinese shit

some vauxhalls are ok, vx220 and older pre-opel takeover stuff is at least better than the dull normieboxes they've been making for the last 15 years

Because they have nothing to do with burger ford.

Ohhh, that explains why my old SXi was characterful and fun, but the newer ones I tried were just uncomfortable.

And the only reason some models are shared with the USA nowadays is because Detroit can't get their shit together about building their own, apart from shitbarge trucks. Fiesta is European, Focus is European, Transit is European, Transit Connect is European, list goes on.

What's not to like SENPAI?

The VX220 was just a riipoff Elise though.

It WAS an Elise. Just rebadged and with different bodywork. Clarkson even said you should buy it over an Elise because it's the same car but cheaper.

And thus, the americans foaming at the mouth and shitting themselves over the Fiesta ST and Focus RS, when we've had that shit for years.

it's a performance car for the working man, you could get them serviced at every vauxhall dealer for less than a lotus outlet.

desu i admire vauxhall for having the balls to do it, a real enthusiast focused move that more cynical manufacturers don't seem to want to try

we even get the mustang now lmao, why does ford cuck for the european market?

Because Ford US can't make a decent car. The new mustang even has independent rear suspension so it'll sell here.

i will admit that i love 60s/70s/80s american barges so a wooden sided LTD wagon would be sweet

They are phenomenally impractical on british roads, though.

>The VX220 was just a riipoff Elise though.
You say that like it's a bad thing
Also dat turbo.

>The new mustang even has independent rear suspension so it'll sell here.
I highly doubt people are going on google and searching for whether a car has IRS or not anymore than they search "does this car have pushrods".

Clarkson took a GT500 across Europe and never did i hear him complain about the live axle being highly uncomfortable.

No, but they WILL test drive it, and think 'oh wow this suspension is awful' and not buy it.
EVERY SINGLE CAR in the Ford Europe range has independent rear suspension.

>and think 'oh wow this suspension is awful'
But that's the thing, where were people saying that? even on Top Gear the complaint about the suspension wasn't comfort it was cornering agility. which it ended up proving it could do fine with if you haven't seen the motor trend BMW vs 5th gen mustang comparo.

Ford actually ended up being better at Live Rear Axles than they were at IRS. they had IRS on SVT Cobra cars but from what i heard people would sometimes swap them for LRA because they put the power down better.

Vauxhall are just Opels with a different badge.

Ford are pretty damn good with independent suspension, that's why their small cars have it and not a ton of girder weighing the back end down with unsprung weight.

For example, I clipped a kerb earlier with a back wheel. Whole car didn't tip over like an american barge would.
Cornered a bunch. Car didn't understeer into a ditch like an american barge, or oversteer backwards into the ditch in the wet like an american barge.

America is a decade behind the rest of the world.

A small FWD car is not interchangeable with a mid-sized RWD one like the mustang. the new Civic Type R also has no IRS (torsion beam axle i believe) and has not been made a fool of by the Focus RS or ST. i think my point might've just gone a bit over the landing pad as to me trying to say that maybe just because a component is *seen* as more advanced or because it tends to be better in other cars does not mean it would be an automatic big improvement to anything and everything and does not mean the car without it is at some kind of huge disadvantage.

Hhhhhhnnnnnnnnggggg

So, is ford like the only American car company that euros like?

The Ford cars Europeans like are European Fords, the Fiesta and Focus, etc. They ain't driving Crown Victorias and F-150s.

But (Brit) Ford is just (Kraut) Ford with the same badge.

>Vauxhall/Opel
>heavy

That Carlton/Omega is really fucking light for its size, even back in its day.

But why do euros hate opel wtf

We do?

There are some memesters that shit on Opel and they made some turds in the late 90s and 00s (ecotecs, lel) but what manufacturer didnt back then?

Also 90s Ferds have the most hideous interiors ever conceived.

at least opel/vauxhall came up with dualfuel ahead of their time, now i can get a cheap lpg shitbox without worrying about cowby conversions

new edge fords are uggo too

Because their the fucking best. They make the best v6's and v8's. They don't even have to make v8's anymore because their v6's compete with everyone elses v8's.

They were only good because Cosworth made the engines
Cosworth made some engines for Mercedes and those cars were fucking awesome too

Because they are cheap and good.

I have had a couple of Mondeos, they cost next to nothing to buy and were reliable, comfortable, practical, and very cheap to maintain. If you are after a daily driver that does it all and won't give hassle you can't really go wrong. Quite tempted to get a 2.5T Mondeo (Volvo T5 engine) for my next car actually

Older ones were ok, but the newer ones are shit compared to the equivalent Ford. Not very reliable, not very comfortable, they don't drive as well, and the interiors are pretty nasty. My old work had a 1.4 Astra H as a pool car and it was genuinely terrible. You had to change down to 4th to maintain 70 on a motorway if there was a slight hill, and because you had to drive it so hard it wasn't economical. The 1.8 Insignia that replaced it was equally terrible. In contrast, the 1.8 Mondeo that was also kicking about was perfectly fine to sit at 70 - 80 with 4 people in it and a lot more comfortable. It obviously wasn't fast, but it wasn't frustratingly slow either.

The controls and handling are heavy. My old Astra SXi was a pig at low speeds. The gear lever kept threatening to pop my shoulder joints, and braking heavily from high speeds required me to basically stand on the brake pedal. Even the goddamn drive-by-wire accelerator was calibrated stiff.
And the rental corsa I ended up with briefly was just awful. All the controls were so fragile I thought I'd break them, but needed to be shoved into place.

If only there was some way to figure it out...