Is Veeky Forums looking forward to it?

Is Veeky Forums looking forward to it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w6C5P-AYGdY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I am sure it will be just harmless pop history, wont do a very good job of representing things, but it wont involve aliens or anything.

I really should be, but with Nolan being english, I'm deathly afraid that the movie might devolve into something akin to: "hell yeah, we brits did it alone ;)! Anglo power mah man! where were the french where we needed them? "miracle" of Dunkirk yeah!" and those sorts of english propaganda.

Will it be about how the brave British saved the useless cowardly French? Or will there just not be any French at all?

It's already making frogs piss themselves in fits of rage, so yes.

It'll probably be about some American volunteer who falls in love with a British nurse and has to struggle against SS Colonel Hans Schmiddinerbadman and all the resources of the German state to get the love of his life across the channel.

Leaving aside any potential flaws of the film I am not looking forward to all the manipulation of facts to support points-scoring and general /int/ shitposting that will surround the release on Veeky Forums.

>a movie lies about how the british we're pissing themselves in fright and it was on the french to hold back hordes of germans twice their size
>"heehee we totally BTFO'd you France"

Is there anything the english can do without lies, perfidy, and lately, propaganda?

(Though in truth, yes they can but that's an answer for another day).

Mr. Churchill, I'm BEF

The movie isn't even nearly out yet and I've already read dozens of comments like this. Can't wait.

I said I was fearful that Nolan's film might tread down that path.

Not that it was absolute certainty at all.

But you should understand in what to see this occur would be slightly tedious, seeing as we're afflicted comments all day-long about performance in WW2, and then the spotlight is gripped away from us in one of the sole battles where the french army wasn't ridiculed.

It's the same with BF1. To be denied that foreigners see France kicking ass in WW1 is tedious there too, because it'll translate into another generation spouting Bush-era memes.

that's a big car

Tell me about Dunkerque guys. I always heard that it was a sort of french's last stand, helping the english coming back home. How is that true ?

Think you just need to come to grips with the fact that no one gives as shit about France.

Can you give an example of a British war movie that does that?

Hard mode: A WW2 movie.

The French really like to overstate their involvement because it's one of the only things in the war where they didn't completely fall flat on their face.

>overstate their importance
>multiply from the expected 80,000 evacuees to 320,000

They didn't the war or anything with that battle, but they weren't sitting idle either.

Tell that to the "surrender monkey"-spouting Americans who are grounded in this belief without the slightest shred of itony.

>they
you aren't fooling anyone Pierre

>yfw there's a one direction song in the middle of it

>I should be saying "we" when speaking about men I've never met

Good meme Nigel.

>he hasn't met anyone who was at dunkirk
wew boy, guess the French did less than even I thought.

It's rather that my pride in my country doesn't have to hinge on one single battle, when there are thousands of others in french history, to have to obsessively seek out its participants.

Nice memeing with you though.

woah

>It's rather that my pride in my country doesn't have to hinge on one single battle
Your whinging tells a different story pal.

>yfw he's legitimately trying to break into serious acting
>yfw he's actually good at it
>yfw he never sings once
>yfw all the One Direction fangirls witnessing the horror of war on the big screen when they were expecting a lighthearted camp flick

>don't want a battle to be lied about because it's going to influence how people might perceive France (being in a movie and all)
>"you are obsessed"

Whoah. I'm not your pal also, just your buddy, and even that seems to be ridiculously overstating our proximity.

> I'm not your pal also, just your buddy
I kekd

I can't even think of any British war movie.

A Bridge Too Far, you dip.

Bridge of the river kawaii

battle of britain

Goat WW2 movie coming through way.
Would these ladies scoot to their right to leave some space.
And ah, and would you gentlemen please depart from the main alleyway.
Perfect!

And I present to you, "To be or not to be"!

Oh. Well thanks?

yes

No, and I'm a fan of the British.

All you need to know about Dunkirk sumed up in a 10 minutes video

youtube.com/watch?v=w6C5P-AYGdY

I can see it now.
>Dunkirk beach
>the long wait for dawn in the cold and dark of the early hours
>damp shivering Brits cluster around a weak smoky camp fire
>someone begins to hum a tune
>soon they all join in
>gently at first, first direction boy begins to quietly sing
>he builds until he breaks into full song
>warbling into the night whilst a battalion of swaying soldiers hum along to the chorus

>Congratulations, you got yourself encircled
>What's the next part of your master plan?

Crashing this Reich
With no surivors

You're my boy

So, you are afraid that the movie depicts the truth?

Basically.

>1 Direction fangirls find out that one of the band members is in the movie
>The arrive at the theaters in droves on opening night
>Only 5 actual history buffs/ war movie fans are able to buy tickets and attend because every theater is sold out
>During opening commercials the fangirls are all talking and texting on their phones
>4 of the actual viewers leave
>1 remains, an user
>When the 1 Direction actor first appears, all the girls lose their shit
>Not long after the battle of Dunkirk actually begins
>Hundreds of French and British soldiers die valiantly against the German attacks
>The girls start crying and throwing up because their sheltered existences have never made them witness what actual conflict and death looks like
>Most leave after first battle scene
>The movie ends and user sits alone grinning
>Movie and a Show

Underrated Mel Brooks but that's American not British and about polish

By far THE most hillarious thing about this piece of shit will be that it will ACTUALLY and unironically attempt to portray the disastrous defeat of the (((allied))) cucks at the hands of the superior axis forces as some kind of """""success"""" like the bolshevikipedia article on the battle of dunkirk has been doing for some time now after the jew admins of bolshevikipedia censored it to reflect this utterly ludicrous and nonsensical retarded claim.

Just wait, 30 years from now they will be making movies and video games about how WW2 was actually fought by blacks

I physically cringed. I hope they do this.

It's gonna be Fury part 2

>not Dunkerque

>implying there's going to be battles, not just hours of brits shitting on the french as they die off-screen

tug boats not that interesting. director a technical no heart sperg. boring/10.