/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/hb5wr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How is breath of the wild working on CEMU?

Do any emulators allow for online GBA multiplayer (like for Four Swords)?

it works great. you can really appreciate the scanlines on samus at 240p.

Which one?

Wii VC obviously.

streamable.com/hb5wr

No, GB links are hard because they expect zero latency.

I'm sure it's possible with something like RAs real time rewind online, or something else, but afaik there's currently nothing.

Consumer

how do I get smooth scrolling in mednafen?

scrolling of what?

no. don't start this shit again.

of the screen

Use RetroArch

wat game is that?

>
Recent regression. Likely caused by recent changes made to buffer clearing. Quake 64 has always been prone to this. Issue has appeared, been fixed, and reappeared multiple times. Dolphin does this shit all the time and nobody whines about it.
>
>>Even glide64 renders that properly.
Glide64 can't render underwater in Quake games. Let's not throw stones regarding temporary regressions due to Quake's weird buffer choices, shall we?

Rayforce (Galactic Attack) on the Saturn.

It's not a 'recent regression', that is NOT A REGRESSION. It has ALWAYS BEEN THERE in gln64.

your Russkie boy Gonetz picked the wrong shit plugin to build on top of.

Because he is a pathetic hack, just like all the other losers attracted to gliden64.

Why doesn't someone start a new N64 emulator that doesn't use all this dated glide and plugin shit that holds it back, but isn't an LLE memeulator like CEN64?

SP planned on making big changes, but hasn't happened yet.

You're absolutely right Daniel. Gonetz certainly did pick the wrong plugin to build on top of.

thanks. is also that same game?

The other two webums with 3d ships are the sequels, Raystorm and Raycrisis the playstation version.

Great games.

Was that made by someone who has never owned or operated a VCR before?

thanks a lot! Those games look awesome. Reminds me of fun games I used to play.

FCEUX-15 is the one I use, I think.

Does CEMU make up for the Wii U's limited RGB? I actually have a Wii U, but I'd rather play on CEMU if it means I get to see everything with proper saturation and some ansiotropic filtering

Is Byuu the most pathetic faggot to ever live? Crying about Patreon funded projects because nobody wants to pay for his barely functional, go nowhere dogshit of an emulator.

why they release this game during the end of the Snes' lifespan? On a obscure add-on?

>On a obscure add-on?
What are you talking about?

>image.png
I wish Hiroshimoot would ban all phoneposters.

It's hard to call Byuu the most pathetic anything when brought up in the context of someone patrolling his irrelevant posts for things to get mad about and then post on a different website

It's okay don't forget.

d e d t h r e a d

just like citra's development then

Like RetroArch Parallel! Most recent fixes to it were done by PJ64 team...

So i was trying to emluate in cemu 1.7.3d Super smash bross the game star in 10 fps i have a gtx 960 and a i7 i run mario kart 8 in 60 fps people say some option in debug about enable overwrite vortex buffer size but i dont find anyhting about that option where is it?

we could merge with /srg/, another dying general

I would really prefer if you'd be quiet.

But yes you are correct.

/emulation&speedrunninggeneral/ hoype

match made in heaven

I tried extracting a cd from a chd file using these options:

$ /usr/lib/sdlmame/chdman extractcd -i samurai\ shodown\ \(1995\)\(jvc\)\(ntsc\)\(us\)\[\!\].chd -o sam.cue -ob sam.bin
chdman - MAME Compressed Hunks of Data (CHD) manager 0.183 (unknown)
Output TOC: sam.cue
Output Data: sam.bin
Input CHD: samurai shodown (1995)(jvc)(ntsc)(us)[!].chd

However, when running the game in genesis plus gx retroarch, the timing of the audio was all off. Did I do it correctly?

The screen may be an LCD issue. Ie get a CRT monitor.

You'll see plenty of action when the emudevsdrama/scanlines autists come back

i dont know what the fuck they did with pcsx2 dev builds but im getting slower FPS than 14.0

any tips?

You are supposed to get further into the future and not the past.
PCSX2 14.0 hasn't even be made up to this point, how should anyone be able to help you?

come on my african american i just forgot the period

Is the Happy Chick emulator safe? I don't trust the chinese with software.

What's the most stable and best N64 emulator for PC?

Also, is DK64 emulate on PC or does it has problems?

i doubt anyone would help you if you start posts with weebshit. its just the nature of this board

tbf this is the same general that has a guy who lurks retroarch's irc all day for the sake of posting it here

Sorry

But really, what is the best emulator for N64?

they supposedly fixed DK64 with Glider or whatever it was in PJ 64, someone must know the thing they did that now it runs without glitched or so

Hey guys what are the latest dramas

Is Glider an emulator?

What N64 emulator do you recommend me for PC?

have you checked the wiki? it has the best emulator/plugins

glide64 or whatever it was that they fixed is a plugin used in PJ64

supposedly someone fixed DK64 so that it runs with no glitches at all in the new thing

PJ64? Do you mean Project 64? Ok thanks

yes

All they did was automatically enable a gameshark code to get rid of the stretching issue.

I can't for the life of me get Drakengard to run at anything past 10fps. I've messed around with various speedhack settings but nothing works. Couldn't get KH to run properly either, come to think of it. I got PCSX2 to run perfectly on my old laptop, and that was a weaker computer. I don't know what the deal is.

There's people in Youtube using an i3 2100/3220 and doing just fine with Citra or Cemu considering their state, so..

don't play drakengard

So it just doesn't work properly? I checked the wiki and it said it was supported, but maybe they meant only up to 10fps.

>I don't know what the deal is.
Your CPU is shit.

>shit cpu
>shit gpu
>AMD
My 9 yo intel shitbox is better than this shit.

Where should I start with the Final Fantasy series?

I played 9 - loved it.
Tried 7 - hated it.

Haven't played any others. Should I just start from the beginning?

>AMD
>APU
Expected better.

FF Tactics on PSX with WOTL script

People love to complain about the issues pcsx2 has with video but I don't see many complain about how horrid its audio plugin is. Lots of games have missing sounds and the plugin itself has about 500 options too many that should be trimmed away and not needed.

Why not just play it on PPSSPP?

The awful audio quality ruined the game's soundtrack for me personally.
Also the slowdown on magic animations (although patchable).

Also fixed in parallel N64 - the libretro core for RetroArch.

>It's not a 'recent regression', that is NOT A REGRESSION. It has ALWAYS BEEN THERE in gln64.
It exists in most N64 plugins. Why do you think Glide64 can't handle Quake depth emulation when you step into water?

It was fixed in GLideN64 a long time ago. We're talking, like 2015 here. And then it broke again. And then it was fixed again. And then it broke again. If you were paying attention you'd know this. If you fix something, and then years later you break it, that is a "regression", champ. The bug doesn't exist in the last stable version. It exists in the new version. And as you're fully aware, the problem lies in Quake 64's abnormal buffer swapping method.

How exactly are plugins holding back N64 emulation? GLideN64 doesn't use Glide. It's just a "homage".

>If you perform a massive refactor that solves fundamental accuracy issues but accidentally breaks something you fixed before, it's not a regression.
So when Dolphin broke DMA audio in Resident Evil 2, that wasn't a regression?