Canadian Bizness things

How are my Canadians doing? Can we discuss Canadians biz and finance?

How about that Free tuition for poors and basic income in Ontario?

Bump for interest.

>bumping a thread just posted
Wat

I've been to the top of that tower. Really cool.

I would never wanna live in Toronto though.

>How about that Free tuition for poors and basic income in Ontario?

Is there any indication that this will actually happen? It sounds to me like Queen Dyke's popularity is so low that she is trying to "buy" support from poorfags and naive left-wing students by promising shit that will never actually happen.

>was expecting to invest in some firms listed on the TSX this month
>found out I have to wait 4 months
>all tickers consistently green
W-wait for me!

Why do you have to wait?

Free tuition yes. (((Basic income))) is "in the works"™

Incompetent executor.

Oh

I'm an ETF I don't know anything about investing besides buy and hold and DCA

How do we determine who is "poor" and deserving of "free" tuition? Almost all university students are poor, it's their families that have money. My dad is a millionaire but he doesn't pay my tuition, do I qualify for Wynnebux? This whole thing sounds like a fucking farce. Vote Conservative.

Etfcuck*
Under $50k household income.

Indeed I'm in the same boat as you however.

I've managed to borrow 1/10th of my intended investment capital. To be honest, I am still waiting for my TFSA to be approved, so I couldn't take advantage of these gains even if I wanted to. I expect to lose A LOT of money from this wait, but can't disclose what sector it is because I'm not ready to invest yet.

>waiting for it to be approved
What do you mean?

It took me like 4 days to get my tfsa going but my broker fucked up setup so it took a bit longer

I just applied on Friday. I meant the 4 month wait. Hopefully I can invest within the week.

Oh

BTW can any of you fill me in on the private healthcare Jew?

I'm no longer covered by mommy's

Fuck if I know. Just got a $525 MSP bill due last year. They can kiss my ass.

I'm going to be attending Beedie (business school at SFU) this coming fall. I want into investment banking and hedge funds or related. Advice/tips?

>TFW can't find a good family doctor
>TFW no health insurance
>TFW not enjoying this country anymore

Wtf seriously

This is in Vancouver btw.

>he fell for the free healthcare meme

My family doctor is like criminally negligent desu.

Every single appointment MINIMUM 1-2 hours over scheduled time. Her forms are literally made by retarded secretary in word. But very sloppily like it was 5 minutes of work (typos everywhere, horrendous spacing and lay out), never tries to help you, just ignores your concerns and pushes bullshit on you.

Fucking ridiculous senpai and idk how or where to find proper one.

Best way for a Canadian to make money off of a 80k inheritance? I have this capital that I'm getting in two yaers, and I need to start planning for what I'm going to do with it.

Dump into an s&p etf like say $VFV?

Or maybe one of the more aggressive portfolios from canadiancouchpotato

switch into ivey, SFU has shit placements into IV, UBC is a bit better for Vancouver at least, I got a job

Bump

Smfh

Anyone here in Asper at U of Manitoba?

ironic

Where's the irony?

I PUSH MY FINGERS INTO MY EYES

>WEED
>STOCKS

honestly fuck wyne
fuck the new carbon tax another money grab, upped my gas cost on a full tank from 30->45. and i have to fill up 2x per month cause i drive a lot for work

Comp sci here, last semester

Quebec here

Can I move to Ontario and become a welfare queen? I want free tuition and free money

Don't bother lol. Get a job in the trades, Vancouver doesn't have an actual "Business." Unless you own huge money as is it's pointless.

Other problem with a business education is that you are better served by getting your credits from the United States, as Canadian uni/diploma's related to business do not work in the United States. Which is a huge problem as the United States does a majority of Canadian trade.

Don't get a fucking trade. Go to school for something employable, hell even get a trade as a back up plan, but do not make the trades your only option. Money is good but nothing else in the job is.

This

>tfw trying to flee Canada to go to the US for med school

Hopefully i'll be back in 12 years when things are better.

Some people actually like that kind of work and would hate an office job. Also, any tradesman worth his salt will have advanced to foreman or some other low-impact position before his body gives out, with the best of them becoming owners with their own crews.

-oil price slump
-real estate bubble
-increased price of imported goods due to low canadian dollar
-trump getting out of NAFTA
-manufacturers leaving ontario due to high electricity prices and taxes
-subsidies for solar panel and windmill producers
-carbon taxes starting this year
-government paying people to grow weed

Oil is coming back, prices still suck but there is reasonably high activity.

Carbon is the latest justifiable reason to fuck us in the ass and take our money.

Meme PM put on enough of a show that most idiots are ignoring his pipeline approvals and telling Indians to get fucked.

It's more of the fucking same. Taxes, stupidity, and unstable resource prices.