/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we discuss Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more.

/sthg/ #710 - Friend Zone Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/Developments

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zi6erVYLVMI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

lol

2nd for I can't believe boostfags and adventurefags are still arguing over second place.

Amy = All the girls in this franchise.

Yeah... no

someone bought up combining boost and parkour in an exchange I had once on some site, I forget.

I thought it was a bad idea but I was imagining the lost world controls with the addition of a boost button which would make the controls even more awkward.

instead I tried to imagine the boost games with parkour abilities, for example the game would play the same as the boost games with the exception that if you boost into a wall head-on you just run up the wall or if you boost on a wall at an angle you run along the wall (side-ways).

sort of like the scripted events except it works on every flat wall.

Amy deserves better than Sonic. She should get with Blaze, who is kind of a Sonic, but a girl and isn't mgtow.

>Boost
Dropped

ooo....SonAmy?....spicy..

How fast is Sonic?

HE'S THE FASTEST THING ALIVE
HE'S THE FASTEST THING ALIVE
HE'S THE FASTEST THING ALIIIII-EEEEEE-VE

If Yuji Naka never left in 2005 would Sonic games be different today?

sonic wouldn't say that.

Faster than you can say, chilidawg!

Would 06 still be a complete mess?

Sonic did you eat the last chili dawg?

>Was going to buy a chili-dog at Checkers today.
>But the Checkerburger sounded more tasty
>I was wrong
>Should have gone with my inner Sanic

Rate the sonic communities anons: Sonic Stadium Message Boards, Sonic Retro, Sega Forums Sonic Section, Bumbleking (fucking dead), /sthg/

I think they're all fucking shit but I like this place enough.

Well my friend, Boom Sonic says alot of things out of character, but he was saying that particular line sarcastically.

Thats an exact line from an episode in Season 2

Yeah because Sonic 06 suffered the same thing that happened to Boom. They were making it thinking the Wii would have the same power as the 360 and PS3, and since the Wii turned up to be a piece of shit, they split the team so one could make Secret Rings for the Wii. And development was rushed as fuck, the game wasn't even half done when Sega shipped it because deadlines. The next gen really fucked them, and as usual, it was mostly thanks to Nintendo.

He left during it's development so I imagine he wouldn't let it be released in that state. I feel like we would've had less incomplete games and more platforming in the 3D titles if he stuck around.

From best to worst:

Sonic Retro
Has an essay to weed out the undesirables and keep things more focused.

/sthg/
We have shitposters, but otherwise, this is a pretty good general, especially for Veeky Forums.

Sonic Stadium Message Boards
Freedom of discussion (as long as you don't speak German or comment on political views). Also, neatly formatted and nice to look at.

Sega Forums – Sonic
Complete ass to look at. Has users that are 13 and under. Literally nothing.

Bumbleking
Okay, but not much to it. Pretty low-key and boring.

All the boys too tbqh

>Sega execs didn't pay attention to the design specs of the console, split up a dev team halfway through development instead of either forming a new one or waiting until one game was done before working on another, let its original producer leave halfway through, and rushed the game out instead of giving it the time it needed
>this is somehow Nintendo's fault

Well not really, but you know. It's kinda funny that Nintendo tends to fuck up things for Sega one way or another even in small ways.

Nintendo is kinda responsible for the creation of Sonic, so everything leads back to them in a way.

Retro is probably the best. It's dedicated to a specific topic so I don't shit on them for the application thing. Helps keep them generally on topic.

/sthg/ has some good people amongst the shitposting, great creative contributors. Thread quality varies massively but the good threads are fun.

Sonic stadium turned into reddit at some point with all the upvote shit. Most popular threads are roleplays by 13 year olds and any discussion tends to be stilted by said upvote system and mods/forum celebs.

Sega forums is cancer incarnate.

Don't know jack about bumble.

>Has an essay to weed out the undesirables and keep things more focused.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but they don't give a shit if you have anything to contribute to discussion. You'll only be accepted if you know how to program, draw, compose in VOPM or make other forms of content.

What does HBH stand for? I know Hedgehog's one of the Hs.

We get it. You thought it was funny. You don't need to post it every thread.

PLUMBE'D

Bumble used to be the place where Archiefags went to more or less suck Flynn's dick (it was his site after all, the podcast still exists too). But then since Penders JUSTd the comics it was kind of a pain to mantain the servers and the people were kind of getting on his ass too much because of thereboot he just shut it down.

something about the scale of those characters really bothers me, amy looks way too small, like she's sitting on a lower step.

Exactly. Weeding out the uncreative undesirables.

You type like a tumblr sperg. Cut it out.

Does this look better?

Post more Sticks

Which is elitist to a level that's ludicrous on top of being cringeworthy.

a little, it looks like amy is looking past mario though. She's not making eye contact with him that's for sure.

I think mario having thicker limbs and a bigger ass is the problem

As fast as the Flash. Except he has no drawbacks for moving at faster than light speeds. If the Flash tries to move too much faster than light, he could get sucked into the Speed Force and "die". But Sonic can just keep going faster and faster and faster, with nothing to hold him back.

Shadow, on the other hand, has Sonic's speed but he needs to wear Inhibitor Rings or else he'll either burn himself out or "disappear". His skates may possibly be a factor in controlling it.

Silver the Hedgehog appears to be able to run at speeds rivaling Sonic, and when he's using his psychokinesis to fly, he appears to be on par with Sonic. And we know Silver is capable of light speed because his "Teleport Dash" warps space while moving at light speed 'through' any enemies or obstacles in his way.

Tails' Flight allows him to keep up with Sonic's Speed, and he has a very good chance at beating him in a race (he actually has a few times in SA1), but on a straight path with no turns or obstacles and stuff, he can't match or surpass Sonic (yet). IMO, Tails' agility surpasses Sonic where Sonic's speed surpasses Tais

Knuckles seems to be comparable to Tails. Amy, Cream, Blaze, and a few others also seem to be somewhere around Tails' speed.

While he may be able to keep pace with Sonic temporarily whilst being chased, Doctor Eggman IS NOT faster than Sonic.

I hope this is satire.
>and he has a very good chance at beating him in a race (he actually has a few times in SA1)
Those were for charity, Clark.

Well she is based on a small ra- I mean rodent.

Well Mario IS a fatass after all.

Here's a daily dose of new made cringe.
A music video from that Undertale guy based on Sonic.
youtube.com/watch?v=Zi6erVYLVMI

Sure it's elitist but it's a fair use of elitism.

Retro has a specific theme of content creation. Sure they have general sonic discussion forums too but they're not the main draw of the site.
It's not really a place for "wats ur favrit character' discussion, it's more for mods, hacks, fangames etc. discussion and they let you know up front "hey this is our scene if you don't like it fuck off".

I can respect that they want to at least try and keep their userbase within the theme of the site, even if that does mean rejecting potential non-contributors.

At the end of the day, if you don't like it, then you don't have to worry about applying.

those teeth
that auto tune

It wasn't satire, I'm dead serious.

>Those were for charity, Clark.
I actually did acknowledge the fact that
>on a straight path with no turns or obstacles and stuff, he can't match or surpass Sonic (yet)
The reason I say "yet" is because Tails is Sonic's apprentice-sidekick. The Robin to his Batman, or more fittingly, the Kid Flash to his Flash. Wally West seems to be either faster than or equal to Barry Allen, depending on who you ask, nowadays, and it's a level he had to work his way up to.

Tails' speed is always slightly slower than Sonic, and we know Sonic has gotten faster, so its pretty apparent that Tails has also gotten faster.

In addition, my reasoning for saying that
>IMO, Tails' agility surpasses Sonic where Sonic's speed surpasses Tails
Is because Tails appears to excel in agility, and agility = flight from my perspective, and in Sonic Adventure, Tails' agility is upgraded with the Rhythme Badge (and his other upgrade is for flight-speed). Sonic's upgrades, however, are all 100% speed-based.

>fair use of elitism
>forum that only lets """""devs""""" circlejerk each other
>basically dead otherwise
Those alone make the place a shithole.

I kind of worry tbqh that Taxman might turn into a bit of a cunt because power + everyone sucking his dick at Retro + the general elitism nature of Sonic Retro. I hope the guy can stay humble.

Fuck off Sparky.

> and they let you know up front "hey this is our scene if you don't like it fuck off".

Except they don't. Nowhere during the application process do they make it clear that their community is meant for elitists and content creators. It's an unwritten rule you're not going to find out unless you actually speak to members beforehand. They put on this facade of being an ordinary Sonic discussion forum, when that's not what they are, which is objectively fucking retarded.

If you're going to say that Sonic is the Flash then you would also know that even with obstacles, the Flash is faster than Superman flying, which in itself is extremely fast. Agility also doesn't equal flight. I seriously think your brain is separated into 4 chunks that transmit through copper wiring with how stupid you are, Sparky.

What if Mephiles was a girl?

06 would be a little nicer.

He'd look like Rouge then

Does Amy have to get possessed by everything?

Mephiles actually sounds pretty good in Japanese. Legit creepy. I wonder if there was more stuff planned for him in the finished version of 06.

Well, to be fair, those races took place in Sonic Adventure, when Sonic was only beginning to reach Lightspeed, and even then he needed to build up the power first and could only dash or attack in short bursts. So at that time, he wasn't at full Flash-level yet.

But now Sonic is, and Tails' speed has increased proportional to Sonic's, or something like that.

Cute girls possed by demons is always a popular trope, especially in japland. Sadly for Amy being the cutest means the most suitable for Demons to possess.

What about the best sonic community Sonic Cult

>mephiles was resurrected via rouge's shadow instead of shadow's
>big crystal titty
>but still voiced by dan green

>Silver was going to be as fast as Sonic/Shadow
>his spines would normally be slicked back but go up when he uses psychokinesis

Man what happened? What made them decide to make Silver a slowass weedhead?

I'm just going to leave this Sally here, /sthg/.
Don't touch her or do anything. I'll be back later.

>or something like that
So you're just making shit up and scaling Tails' growth to Sonic's for no reason? Tails uses his tails to go fast and tails have very little muscle tissue in them, if any at all. There is very little room for his speed to grow, hence why he keeps the plane handy.
And this is just assuming Sonic is even close to Flash levels or was/is even close to lightspeed without being in a super form, which is horseshit from you that I'm only amusing to focus on the less well thought out parts of your autism.

Sonic isn't the fucking Flash, fuck off Sparky.

Don't talk shit about my husbando

>watermark
shit user next time how about i fuck your ass instead?

Because that design makes him look like a moody twink.

post the one with the oranges
that one's really cute

So anyway Amy is Silver's great great grandma right

Sorry, don't have it

What if Iblis was a girl?

That design is ugly as fuck, and the quills close to his head like that make him look like some sort of sea creature..

Yes, it was. Linking is apparently forbidden.

Tails being nearly as fast as Sonic isn't something I made up, it's pretty much canon. Like, if Sonic's speed is "10" or "11", then Tails' speed is around "9" or maybe "8".

Mario confirmed for creepy pedophile that ogles 12 year old girls.

Where the fuck do those numbers come from?

She'd be hot

>pretty much canon
It either is or isn't. Tails could barely keep up in the Genesis days and even then he would get stuck on even the slightest bit of rough terrain.
If Sonic is a 10 in speed, Tails is maybe a 5 or 6 and that's being generous.

What if Tails was a girl?

if you want stats i think the olympic games provide some. and yeah, tails isn't as fast as sonic.

Anton is worst boy tbqh. He's just a snobby frenchman.

I was using the numbers as an example of where Tails's speed lies in relation to Sonic's.

>Tails could barely keep up in the Genesis days
False. From a progamming/game code standpoint, Tails' speed is equal to Sonic's. Canonically, his flight allows him to keep up and come close to Sonic's speed, and skipping most of the level allows him sort of match Sonic's faster speeds since Sonic is on the ground moving through the obstacles.

Basically, Tails had no problem keeping up with Sonic in the Genesis Era, and that factor still applies to the Modern Era.

What if every hog was a girl?

So you made up the numbers that you use as a measurement. Nice.

From a gameplay standpoint almost everyone is the same speed as Sonic in Heroes. Does that mean Big the fucking cat actually fast? No, he just is for gameplay purposes.

That actually not too farfetched. It makes more sense then her being his mother, which makes no sense at all.

>these mental gymnastics
He was coded to be as fast so that he would actually be able to play within the levels. It has nothing to do with his lore speed, you autist.
>and that factor still applies to the Modern Era
Not even fucking close. That's like retards saying Goku's SSJ power level is 150 mil in the Buu Saga because of Babidi's kili meter when that simply isn't logical at all. Please do not derail this into a DBZ discussion because of my one comparison. It makes no sense for Tails to get any faster than he was while Sonic has only gotten faster and likely wasn't even going full speed with Tails around in the first place.

I wonder if they were actually going anywhere with Amy making a connection with Silver of all people.

Why not? It's never stated how far in the future Silver lives.

Actually, from what I've heard and experienced, everyone's speed is different in Heroes (except Sonic and Shadow, who are the same speed).

>animals
>piercings
s t o p
t o p s
o p s t
p s t o

He lives 200 years in the future, Amy would be dead by then.

Sparky, shut up.

It's just what Amy does. She makes friends with pretty much everyone. That being said, I'm pretty sure it was said that Silver is not related to any of the characters.

Everyone still goes pretty fast. And there's no way Big can move that fast.