/ndg/ - Nier/Drakengard General #27

If "Route" then
"!restart"
Else
"Rebirth"
End If

>[THIS GENERAL HAS SPOILERS]

If you have any suggestions or links you think would be useful, then respond with it to the OP and help build up the archives.

>[Official NieR:Automata page]
platinumgames.com/games/nier-automata/

[DRAKENGARD/NIER COLLECTION ARCHIVE] - World Guides, Novellas, Lore, etc.
mega.nz/#F!1U9FABJA!mMSLFtaWnMsjC5kNrzsgHA

>[PC Troubleshooting]
pastebin.com/qEZD3VLJ

>[NieR:Automata Unit Data & Fishing Encyclopedia] - Untranslated, use Chrome
wiki3.h1g.jp/nierautomata/index.php?個体データ

>[/ndg/ Downloads Pastebin] - Ripped OST, Lewds, Steam Reskin
pastebin.com/YWG8irCu

The Old World Blues:

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=uxgJ_8AgQbo
gematsu.com/2017/02/nier-automata-details-android-system-online-element-dlc-confirmed
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the dragon and the prince and the land of the gods and the blithering idiot and no one stops and the beautiful world and hear a sound hear a sound hear a sound hear a sound

>you're just thinking about much you want to **** 9S arent you?

2B9S
O T P
T
P

YAY!

Best couple goes to
Pod 042 x Pod 0153

I don't think you understand what an OTP is.
Couples that are pretty much completely estabilished in their own source materials are simply canon copuples, not OTPs.

042 x A2 is better.
153 belongs to 9S.

post 9S lewd things

>ungloved 2B

disgusting

The pods were the cutest thing in this game.
I loved them so much.

Right after best girl 21O

>implying
Even if A2 had explained herself it wouldn't have changed anything. 9S at that point just wanted to fuck shit up and then die.

>Even if A2 had explained herself it wouldn't have changed anything.

Couldn't have hurt to at least TRY instead of acting like fucking Squall.
I'm pretty sure at that point in the game 9S wasn't berserk enough for her to beat the everliving shit outta him to keep him still for a second, and then explain herself to him while he was down.
Tough love gets shit done.

>9S was finally stopped by a blade that contains memories of girl he loves
>story of that sword states that she loves him too
>this allowed him to find peace with himself and either fly to the stars or spend not-really-final moments with the last keepsake of 2B

reposting for new thread

what's the best way to grind? im around level 56 but the golden bunny takes forever

He's a little bitch.
Emil had it 500000000000000 times worse.
Emil almost had it worse than any other character in the entire series, Drakengard included.
There's a couple of characters in D1 that had it worse tham him, but not that many.

This is why Ending Y is canon.

use 9S and hack everything

Emil is unfortunate enough to be Taro's self-insert.
>that desert battle
>that monologue

Anyone know what happens if you solo the ending credits?

>There's a couple of characters in D1 that had it worse tham him, but not that many.

They have it better than him by virtue of being dead.

Your definition of "forver" is retarded.
Craft a +8 exp boost chip, it'll boost your exp to 100%.
I was around your same level and it took basically nothing to get to 99.

anything specifically?

>2B could not be saved and A2 mercykills her like pascal
>A4 was killed by yorha and A2 lurved her wery much
theres a lot of paralels here. its possible she did means she knows how he feels.

450% taunt 9S
Spam either bracer charged attack or hack.

a H-scene between 2B and Jean Pier

Anyone that's super familiar with Yoko Taro clue me in but like, what's the stuff he generally likes to do? I know a lot of development happens in text rather than in the game
>Anemone
But like, does he have a massive erection for symbolism in everything? Or are nice outfits sometimes just nice outfits.

Nope
I don't even know if it's possible

We'll have to wait for someone to do a tool assisted attempt

Wait, you aren't using 9S for this?
Are you seriously dumb?
Slap on a +8 exp boost chip and use 9S.

I'll try that, thanks

Who's A4? From the stage play?

you kinda cant

i have a sligth clue that cracked versions will face the end credits with the producer cast showing up

emil is not the cruel god that plagues their world. the fact he got fragmented memories was pretty bad, imagine pascal's death, but trying to remember what you were only to remember thats why you chose to forget

So, I decided to just leave Pascal and not kill it or erase his memories but I never heard of him again.

Did I miss something or does it just end like that without closure?

He likes to make up silly explanations when someone points out his mistakes, that's about all

The rest of his development process is pure chaos and laziness.

you must kill her to unlock a trophie

Either hack the bunny or fight in the pit where you fought Adam for the first time, it has an infinite spawn. If you want to be cheap there, just put it on easy and equip the auto chips.

yes. a2 and a4 wus turbolesbians. however every time a4 died everyone took a morale hit so they just stopped making her.

>her

In order to understand Taro, you must familiarize yourself with this man first.

>Demon's Cry
Did they even playtest this thing?
With 9S a single charged attack ends the entire encounter because a single dead enemy explodes the rest for like 3k HP.

From the Pearl Harbor records in-game and yes, the stageplay.

Yes. She's from the stage play. Her and A2 were lovers.

If it's "Farewell, Pascal" I still got the trophy by walking away.

Didn't manage to spot him anywhere afterwards.

What bunny? Where's this shit? I've reached ending C but saw no bunny anywhere.

Alright, so stuff like the YorHa operator outfit isn't like 2deep4me, its just a nice outfit. I know the games may not be perfect, but the stories are where they really shine, otherwise we wouldn't all be here talking about the stories.
oh christ

thats also the most cannon ending since it forces pascal to become as gods.

The unamusement park

>her

I NEED ACCORD FAN ART RIGHT THE FUCK NOW

Bonus points if it's a phone wallpaper

Why is being familiar with Hideaki Anno a prerequisite? I played Drakengard long before I saw Evangelion, and when I did see it, I hated it. But I still liked Drakengard 3 and Nier.

Anno is a hack.

Explain.

i mean worse cannon end

Stop.

Caim only has one love, and that's M U R D E R

I just felt it was in character for A2 to leave him to live with his awful memories, much like she has. I'm glad the game didn't force me to stay until I chose one.

neo anno is a hack
gunbuster, nadia, and eva anno is fine

>grrr I hate characters with their own goals and emotions, everyone should act unfailingly logical at all times in order to defuse every potential conflict in the story so that nothing actually happens

I'll never understand people who want their stories to be made less interesting.

>But I still liked Drakengard 3
Oh, i see, you're a retarded pleb.
NO ONE STOPS.

Caim DLC when?

He kills himself if you leave him alone.

I wouldn't mind a Drakengard with better combat. But touching the music is verboten. It's an experimental masterpiece.

I want to hug Emil.

Who drops Overclock chips?

Agree on the first two, but I still don't like Eva.

B E S T

B O Y

2deep4u?

>Manah wasn't possessed by a Watcher
>It was actually Caim

Just go to the Amusement Park, dummy

Having a hard time against car Emil in hard mode. Granted i'm only lvl74 but i can't avoid getting oneshot when he starts spamming the dark bullets, not even the pod bullet barrier can do a thing because it doesn't last for long enough for the projectiles to be gone even when fully charged. Anyone got clues?

How do you know that? Is there an intel or something?

D is actually the worst ending, kill all machines.

No, I understood it just fine. I just fucking hated Shinji and Asuka, they were infuriating to watch.

Acting retarded for the sake of having contrived reasons so that events can happen on the predesigned rails that the writer has decided, isn't good writing.
A good writer manages to make the same necessary events happen in order to move the plot foward without having to rely on the characters acting like utter morons.
It's the sign of being a lazy writer.

I understand you've never opened a fucking book your entire life, but it's time to understand that writing in video games (especially story driven video games) can, and should be better.

I wish there were options for auto-leveling enemies if you wish.
Killing an army of 2Bs is really less impactful when you just ravage their butts for 5k damage per attack.

A4 is the voice you hear in A2's memories.

>characters act like morons because I say so I know what good writing is
shut the fuck up holy shit

m.youtube.com/watch?v=uxgJ_8AgQbo

Just... just fucking kill me.

Sometimes people act like morons.

>Downloadable Content

>Under the request of 9S voice actor Natsuki Hanae, Square Enix has decided to develop downloadable content. Hanae says he hopes for a costume of Caim from Drakengard for 2B, but whether or not that is part of the downloadable content is unknown.

Source: gematsu

he disappears. if you return hes not there. its safe to assume he threw himself on the foundry like the fanatic robots

But they aren't characters you're supposed to like? I'll never understand this meme in any piece of media that it's inherently bad that characters are pieces of shit

>literally who guy who voices character A, boy B in most of his work
>persuasive enough to sway a mogul like SE
Is he from a yakuza family line or something?

>voice actors can just ask for DLC

anons I need help. I didn't complete Emil's memories in A and then completely forgot about it in B but now I have chapter select I'm trying to go back and complete it but I cannot get the quest to trigger. I've jumped back to all parts of chapters 6 and 7 but I've had no luck.

pls help

fuck you I wish this was true

That's fine but when 90% of your show revolves around unlikable characters, it's not fun to watch, no matter how cool the lore and fight scenes are.

But that's just me. If you like it that's fine.

Stop getting triggered and read something that isn't a pop up children's book, lobotomized baboon.
That's fine, it's just that the circumstances of such acts must be put in a better context and narrative framework.
That entire scene was poorly constructed in general.
There's other, better ways to do the same shit, essentially.

In my dreams.

How many hundreds of thousands of times has this post been made
How many hundreds of thousands of times has it contributed absolutely nothing to any conversation it's ever been present in

Is it just me or Accords are kinda similar to 9S in terms of personality right up to suicidal bravery if needed?

>Stop getting triggered
confirmed retard
go back to /v/eddit and use your epic buzzwords there

I think I only ever got them from sidequests

You tried stopping him when he's cruising around? You need to speak with him to trigger the first Lunar Tear.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Caim just wants to kill the whole fucking world, right?

There's 0 coincidence in this game

I literally posted the source.
You could've found the fucking link with 2 seconds of googling.

gematsu.com/2017/02/nier-automata-details-android-system-online-element-dlc-confirmed

Find me a decent piece of literature that doesn't involve characters making emotionally-charged bad decsions, that staple of storytelling is fucking older than time itself.

Writing a story in which no character succumbs to their emotions and does something stupid probably means you're a fanfiction author. It means you can't empathize enough with yoru characters to understand how they might realistically act in a tense situation, so you lean back and go "Well, I, sitting in my comfortable chair, under no pressure at all, would do the logical thing, so my character certainly would too!"

Eh, mainly the Empire.

Yeah, he's a genuine psychopath. The perfect protagonist for a Dynasty Warriors style game.