PUBGG(?) - Player Uknown's Battlegrounds General

It's lit edition

Info: steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/646670849585346573

Use these launch options if you're having FPS issues:

-sm4 -malloc=system -USEALLAVAILABLECORES

So how shit is this shit?

Is it any fun alone?

Its my first BR type game but im having a great time with it.
Although i only play with friends so the banter and squad based strategy might be whats making it so good.

Yeah it's fun.

I've been playing since alpha 1. I went to dinner with the devs and playerunknown. I can probably answer questions if anyone has any.

Wew.

Are they dedicated and not just a cash grab? I mean they seem ambitious to me.

what's the game size in gb?

8gb

How do I get the trench coat I see a ton of people wearing in the lobby?

Is the crossbow seriously less accurate than a full auto weapon?

Yeah. Very dedicated all the way to early access.

Miserable, really.

Having a duo means you have someone to cover your ass. Solo a lot of times can come down to how lucky you are to find a weapon before the other guys who land with you find one.

It's ok for practice, but twos is how the game is meant to play.

Also glad there is a general, been dying to talk about this game with people.

Was a preorder thing

Ok are shotguns just really good? With a choke you can 1 hit people at 40 yards. That's about two or three blocks. I'm sure I'm making people rage with this.

I'm having an issue where if I Shift-Tab in game, and come back to the game, the camera will pan upwards and it won't stop unless I press the Windows Key. this panning bug also happens if I get shot, or if I shoot a gun in full auto mode. Is there anyway to stop this?

Am I just bad or is the gunplay in this game fucking bizarre?

I haven't been playing many FPS games for a while, so I'm not sure what's considered normal, but I really feel the guns are off.

Aim lower. At least that's what I started doing.

Ded

Fun but worst performing ea game ever. Every time I do anything it freezes and stutters. As if it loads the whole game again every time something new appears on the screen

So are you pretty much forced to play as a group or something?

Solo seems like it relies too much on luck. Luck on finding a decent gun early, luck on not getting fucked with where the safe zone spawns, etc.

>Solo a lot of times can come down to how lucky you are to find a weapon before the other guys who land with you find one.
So don't jump out with the other 50 retards that always jump out at the very first loot spot? The further away you drop is the more likely you are to actually get looted, get a car/buggy, and break top 20.

>shoot a guy, see the bullet literally pass through his head
>he oneshots me

I understand why people get so frustrated with these games now. The netcode is so janky...

never had a problem with the netcode DESU

Is there a way to turn off toggle for sights?

Holy shit is this driving me fucking nuts.

Nah you just gotta get used to it, at least for now. With 2 ways to aim I'm not sure what they could do keybinding-wise other than give you the option to swap them.

I thought you got a scoreboard at the end of a match?

Weirdly enough I'm having most fun when I don't find ideal equipment, like having to make do with a single magazine for a long while because some fuck ninjaed all the ammo.

problem solving from an un-ideal position with limited resources is always more fun than being fully prepared for anything.

>game is fun as fuck
>3rd game manage to win against 100 people
>runs like ass

I got 50 minutes to refund, i'm so conflicted. I'm pulling 50 fps on medium on a 960 but it'll drop at the weirdest times, it's kind of concerning.

>game is fun as fuck

>I got 50 minutes to refund, i'm so conflicted.

960 has only 2g vram. games these days need lot more than that to run good. atleast ue4 games. and that new doom

I got 4GB and it still runs like fried ass, try again. DOOM runs great too.

>some asshole spams AKM shots and manages to oneshot me in the head after 2 whole clips
>meanwhile I can sit and aim directly at the head from medium range and miss every shot

So how's everyone else experience been so far? I can consistently place top 10, though from there it's a crapshoot of who gets lucky with their shot first.

I'm pretty satisfied so far. Shootouts go about the way I'd expect (first to shoot wins mostly), and I can place in the top 10 as long as I'm patient enough. I don't aim specifically for the head except for the first shot though, I just shoot rapidly at the upper chest, which seems effective enough. I find it fun to be aggressive and a bit careless as well though, even if that gets me killed faster.
I wish the final area would have less buildings more often though, because I think that's more fun that room-camping.

Honestly the AKM just seems random as fuck. I can't seem to hit people with it anywhere near as often as with other rifles.

Been watching a lot of this on twitch/youtube.

Have no friends, have never played a battle royale game, would be playing mostly solo.

Worth it?

solo is entertaining on it's own and pretty chill

duo is more fun though

The big draw of the game is to play it with a friend.

You'll be missing out on a lot if you don't duo or squad.

Just had a really exiting moving shootout through the woods towards the end. Shooting from an elevated position with 4x scope almost feels like cheating. Got too greedy for kills and finished forth 4th though.

On another note: does anybody else occasionally get really bad rubber-banding that lasts a few minutes and then disappears? Happens every third match or something for me.

exciting*

Basically never play anything alone.

Get a job they said, be productive they said. Lose all my friends because I work nights.

Thanks life.

Yeah they said they are working on server stability and client optimizations from now on, while adding one feature every update

We'll see...

I've had that issue a couple of times. Bringing up the menu seems to fix it for me for some odd reason.

Suppressors are game winning by themselves, I almost feel like they should be removed.

Yeah silencers especially mid to late game are fkin lethal. Good thing that they balanced them by making them hard to find.

Suppressors are indeed nice, but I feel that scopes are way more important. I'd rather have a 4x and a flash hider than a red dot and a silencer.

If they would speed up how long it takes to loot, this game would be beautiful. Kotk is never getting fixed. It's fucking unreal how long that game has been out and what bugs still haven't been fixed.

>Still encounter people who are using the infinite grenade bug
>Chinese shitheads on high ping are unhittable
>People using some kind of underground exploit
>People flying
>People speedhacking

How is it that this small little studio can make a game without any of the issues present in H1Z1?

can you play now without steam or i need to wait it goes out of early access?

>no australian servers
how is this allowed?

Not enough players to justify cost of dedis they implied.

Think I might wait till the performance patch in 5 weeks as I can't currently find any friends who want it. Plus not really played a BR game yet so don't know if I will enjoy it.
How is it so far? Is there anyone with a 970 can tell me how it runs?

>kill some faggot sprinting towards the package drop.
>harvest them shit contents, being primarily a Kar98.
>get a buggy.
>drive over to the next airdrop.
>get killed by other players camping that airdrop.

When will I fucking learn?

Airdrops are so incredibly tempting. Today I managed to get to one just as it landed and inside was lvl. 3 armor/helmet, an M249, 8x scope and loads of ammo. I'll probably get killed countless times hoping to repeat that.

Had a 3 man squad with some bros last night, shit is way too fun for what it is. At one point we were watching a 6 man shootout a few hundred yards ahead of us while hiding on a hill, it was pretty entertaining until some jackasses parked their jeep 30 feet behind us up the hill and we became sandwiched
Like I said, I'm enjoying it. Even solo is fun. Camping the second floor of a house behind a door is 2 OP. I'm on a 1060, it runs, kinda ok. Definitely in need of some performance optimization

Having friends who are interested in the game must be comfy :( thanks for information though

Do people from here grp up ever, the game is fun and all but i would prefer to grp up with more people.

LF EU duo steamid baigon

the game dips a lot, my fps is anything between 40 and 140. gtx 1070, hopefully the performance patches make it better.

are you that romanian guy.

I'm on a 970, runs pretty decently.

Can't wait for some optimization patches though.

You realize that in solo there are no teams, right? So it's free for all and completely fair

is it still possible to get the leather trench coat outfit?

Anyone know which setting affects stun grenades? I go from 60 fps to my game freezing up when a stun goes off

why does this game run like such shit when my specs are way above the minimum requirements? everything is set to low/medium and it still stutters like fuck and gives me like 30 fps

Gotta wait 5 weeks for the performance patch haha

I feel like the map is a bit too big for solo. If I choose to loot at the end of the planes flightpath I don't see anyone for like 15 minutes until we're down to 10-20 people.

can my buddy run this with i5-3470 CPU 3.20GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660?

>660
A 1050 is like $100. Tell your friend to get a job.