Is buying a new car worth it?

Is buying a new car worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/cto/6094793608.html
atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/ctd/6104882953.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Its not.

It's only worth it if you can just fully pay it off on the spot if not then here is some advise I'll give you guys.
If you work minimum wage:
>buy a shit box from Craig's list or anything similar to that website
>buy one from a used car dealership if you want to make some credit
If you make more than 15 bucks an hour:
>finance a cheap economy car or a used "sports" car
For the rich or wealthy then do as you please

>finance a cheap economy car
A used one or new?

CPO is probably a better deal than new.

There are a few reasons to buy a new(er) car:
warranty (you don't know how to fix stuff)
audio/entertainment. You want a built in nav and everything hooked to your phone and don't want to install some shit head unit.
you want air conditioned seats.

I'm sure there are others, but those are the only ones i can think of.

Financially speaking, buying new only makes sense with 0% financing on a model that will hold its value relatively well.

If you are making mad money and have autism and can buy a car from a dealer over email, why not buy new?

If you want to finance a used once just don't get one that is 3 years old and has an insane amount of miles and if it was a rental that's up to you if want to get it. If you want to get a new one I would go for a corolla or a Honda Civic.

Depends.

If you don't like doing your own maintenance or don't have the time then it's worth putting down the money for a new car since the maintenance is cheaper.

Used cars are only cheaper in the long run if you're willing and able to do your own maintenance on them.

>warranty (you don't know how to fix stuff)
This is only thing, I don't want to have to mess around with car much.
>corolla
Currently leaning towards this. Thanks.

I have a CPO 2015 corolla it's pretty comfy car for what it is if you're just using it as a car to get from point a to b but if you want a fun look something else senpai

Don't. Just get a civic for 3k or fix your current car.

Sometimes I wonder. I really like my car, but I could get a used engine for around 1k and rebuild it. Same for buying a used transmission for about 300-400 dollars. Suspension is also dirty cheap.

So outside of the body and wiring I could have a car with 0 miles on it for some of my weekend time and about 10 thousand dollars.

No

Buying used is an Veeky Forums meme because most people here are too poor to even afford a used car but pretend like they bought some hot depreciated shit because someone might believe them.

>sitting in another mans rolling farts sponge seat fart palace

No wonder black ice is so popular here. No thank you, I buy cars new because I'm not impoverished and desperate. Used cars are disgusting, as are rentals.

I can easily afford a new car but i'm not bad with money or dumb.

Also if you get a good deal on my car I'm trying to sell next year, know that I ripped DANK farts in it, got some cum on the seats, washed it at the drive thru wash at Shell, and usually used regular fuel even though it needs premium. I never got an oil change, faggot.

>Buying used is an Veeky Forums meme because most people here are too poor to even afford a used car but pretend like they bought some hot depreciated shit because someone might believe them.
t. depreciated cuckfaggot

Not if you're poor.

>Used Lexus LS430 is ~8k used
>Decade old mustang gts I'm the same price range
>C5 vettes running the gamut from ten to fifteen
>Light enthusiast cars like miat can be had for five or so
>Older cars like the MR2 exist in the six to seven range and you can feel proud about maintaining and keeping a thirty year old car on the road
(...)
>Brand new Ford/GM base model shit box starts at 20k

I don't know why you'd wanna get a soulless, ugly thing like a modern Malibu or Dart or focus over an older car with some punch or class or character. It's largely why I can't get behind the FiST as being a decent car, considering what's on the market.

Also >opinions but modern cars overall look worse.

New cars are fucking nice to drive, even shitboxes.

>Just get a civic for 3k or fix your current car.
Will a $3k civic break down a lot? This will be my first car.

Buying new is fucking retarded but sometimes it's fun to be a fucking retard. There's some models where it can be sensible, like a 4runner, which doesn't depreciate much and gets beat to shit by half the people who get one.

If you can afford it, why the fuck not.

>Is buying a new car worth it?
My wife was happy with the new car, so that was worth it. Unhappy wife = unhappy me.

atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/cto/6094793608.html
atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/ctd/6104882953.html
Are these bad deals?

>It's only worth it if you can just fully pay it off on the spot

Nobody does that shit dude. New cars are for leasing, then after the lease you decide if you want to pay the rest of it off. Anyone with a functioning brain knows it's stupid to throw cash at depreciating liabilities.

The only cars worth buying with cash are fully depreciated shitboxes

>fully pay it off on the spot
Why would you do this when you can get 0% financing?

It's personal preference really, do you feel better, more successful even, having bought a new car? If yes, then it's worth it. Are you just buying a new car because you want to be able to tell people you bought something brand new, knowing they probably have not done that? Then it's worth it for your ego, but it might not be the best financial decision, unless you have the extra money to blow on a new variant vs a used variant, and believe it's worth the extra to be able to say you bought it new.

My neighbours buy a set of new BMW's every time a model changes, even a mid facelift. They bought the 09 7 Series when it was new, and then went for the 2012 or was it 2013 7 Series because of the LCI refresh. I've never asked what they do, either finance, or lease, or cash, but it appears to be leasing as they trade pretty frequently. Just recently they switched from the 4 series Gran Coupe to the new g model 5 Series, last week I believe, one of the first ones I've seen in my entire city.

It seems like they just want to have the newest of the current BMW lineup available, so it must be worth it in their eyes to have a new car for whatever reason. There are people in my neighbourhood who drive 2001 Honda Accords, and even 2008 Volvo XC90's, or brand new Audi's and Benz's. It all comes down to personal preference, and how much you personally care about cars in general, if they're going to help you in your social life, or business, if it's client centric, or if you just have the money to purchase a new vehicle over a used vehicle.

Those who care about stretching their dollars will buy used, those who care but want something new will stretch their finances, and those who just want something new and have the finances won't see anything wrong with buying new.

>buy 20,000 dollar car
>drive away from dealership
>front wheels touch public road
>car is not worth 16,000

No, but buy a second hand new car

Or finance. Currently financing a '17 Civic Hatch.

>stealership buys used car for 8k
>Dealership posts ad for 18k
>You pay 16k

Wew lad