What is the fastest you still dare do drive in your shitbox?

youtube.com/watch?v=VpvrRB79koU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TtqRJPJNI-Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I have a proper shitbox and the fastest I've ever gotten it was around 150km/h
Rattled like an absolute motherfucker

my e60 525d seems to be limited at around 233kph as the tacho still had some rpm's left
or maybe it just lacks power

350z: ca. 260km/h indicated, that's the best it can do

>8.5l/100km at full throttle
>251k km on the clock
>still fast

I'm impressed.
Goes completely against the usual narrative of Veeky Forums claiming they're shit

pretty sure the 8.5 are average. look at the analogue clock on the right.

8.5 might be an average?
That little L/100km gauge says like 17. Still not bad desu

>Speeding
>Ever
That's illegal.

>251k
Lol I wish the car had 250k km.
It has been clocked, the actual mileage according to a VIN check is around 520k km.
My mate also had an e46 330d with 910k km, was very reliable and still pretty quick

This. You should all be ashamed.

>land of freedom

yeah the car is not that good on gas as it's pretty heavy, it gets around 11l/100km city driving and 6.5l on highways

Shit you got me.

There are no speed limits on certain roads.

Is there any car left in Eastern Europe that doesn't have a clocked odo and or questionable origin?

Lol I like how you guessed I am from eastern EU
Maybe the brand new ones, but sometimes you can't even trust dealers - I've read stories on dealers fixing crashed cars and selling them like brand new

I haven't had the opportunity to really test my car, I'm afraid of getting a ticket. Fastest I've been in my '13 Focus was 165km/h, it still felt solid but the aerodynamic drag was pretty noticeable.

I once hit 109MPH last summer in my Shitbox PT Cruiser.
Now that it has 106900 miles on it, I don't push it past 70, unless coasting downhill in neutral. The engine has gotten a bit choppy past about 5k rpm, and the wheel bearings aren't in great shape.

That being said, I get about 30 mpg at 58-60mph (4-speed auto) so why go faster?

Fastest I've gone in my current shitbox was around 135-140mph.

220-250km/h before i run out of road

My Skyline taps out at 180kmh, not because its limited but thats all its got.

>1999 Saab 9-3
Pushed it to 120 in the middle of the night on a toll road. Had some of 5th gear left to go, but I was too scared to push it any faster as the windows sounded like they were going to fall into my door.

>'07 328xi
Pushed it to 130 leaving car meet in a pack of other cars.

Fastest I'll drive on the highway even when in a rush is 90. At that point, the road noise becomes an annoyance because my rear windows are fucked.

>My Skyline taps out at 180kmh
is at least the gearing geared for some extra fun if it isn't geared for hardcore topend anyways?

I suppose so, it only does single peggers though, its just a stock R31.

180kph in my 84 jaguar xj6. Took a very very long time to get from 160 to 180. That was all she had in the three speed auto

You are now aware that Veeky Forums is fucking clueless.

115 in a kart
140 in e36

neither was on a public road

My Saab begins to shake at 95mph, maxes out at 160. I've only taken her to 135 before saying fuck I better slow down before I become roadrash.

110 in my 80's crown vic and 120 or 130 in my focus, whatever the limiter stops you at in that car. I know it's got a fuel cutoff at a certain speed and I've hit it.

>owning a car anywhere outside of Germany

I've hit ~126 mph a few times this past month. I'm pretty sure it's aero/power limited to 128 or so.

>'95 MX-5

98 Corolla
Use it for delivering pizza'a
After 80 mph things start to shake
100 mph and my mirror get shook off
115 and I'm looking at my bumper slide down the road in my rearview

Geez, people, fucking maintain your fucking shitboxes.

This thread is embarrassing

98 mph, because has stock speed governor. Need to get a tune to take it out.

>188 mph
If I ever go this fast in the drivers seat I will either stroke out or S T R O K E O U T

92 non-vtec integra, fasted ive gone is 150kmh overtaking
It actually feels alot better at high speed, even with 220k on the odo

100mph in an 04 CRV

didn't want to push it further as everything was loud and shaking since it has the drag coefficient of a cow

>1997 Ford F-150 XLT 5.4L V8
>98 mph.

>Veeky Forums laughs about "slow" cars
>majority isn't allowed to legally go faster than 80mph

100 mph indicated, slightly downhill in a Ford Ka with the SOHC engine. It was probably closer to 90 in reality but it's still the fastest I've ever been in a car.

can't speed without speed limits :^)

Yeah well my car accelerates to 80 faster than yours so shove that in your pipe and smoke it.

176kph in my 1.6L Hyundai Getz

Never more than the speed limit, obviously.

went 220 km/h in my mum's C class when I was 18 and didn't have my own shitbox (that can't go that fast lmao)

Still dare? 70 mph unless I'm at a meet.
Fastest I've gone? 126 mph, but got a few tickets and I'd really rather avoid more.

fuck Veeky Forums is pathetic

180kph in my 1.2 diesel VW polo

Plenty of revs left, even in 4th gear but wouldnt go any faster

imagen being this dumb

100km/h, the fastest speed limit in Victoria.

114 mph in an R18 Civic. Shit gets squirrely after 105, especially when it was on Eagle RSAs. Better now with Yokohama YK740s and HFP suspension.

140 mph in 3.8 gen coupe. Ran out of room to go faster in the Hyundai because of two lane freeway and late night truckers. I think it's limited to 150 anyway.

186 mph in my M5.
youtu.be/TtqRJPJNI-Q

Did 118 GPS'd (speedo pegs at 85) in a relatives 85 3/4 ton silverado once, headers leaked a bit at the collectors and it was so loud in the cab you couldn't hear yourself even think, burned half a tank of gas to go 20 miles I think.

i buried the needle in my nissan micra k10 1.0. speedo stops at 100 and the stop is at like 110ish
been faster in newer cars obv, but they could actually display it, no other car i've had has gone off the clock

Dunno, haven't owned a shitbox before.
I did 265 in my 9-5 though on a short straight to work though.

2.3 L in a pickup truck, ice never made it over 95 even when I tried.
Granted, the bed was full bulkhead to tailgate with books and furniture at the time.

>his country doesn't have freeways without speed limits
kys

I got up to 143mph in my FiST before I pussied out. Never plan on going that fast again honestly

>car will do 200
>never go over 80 on the road

I've still hit 130 in the 1/4 tho.

210 km/h (130 mph) in driving school in normal Autobahn traffic

My German driving instructor insisted we go over 200 km/h at least once because he'd rather have people drive that fast for the first time with an instructor by their side.

It was some VW Golf with 6-speed manual

185ish mph in 06 CLS55 AMG
165ish modded suzuki bandit 1200
148mph banging against the limiter in a 07 hemi charger interceptor

And last but not least, 87mph in a chevy c8500 terex Crain truck, vehicle weight 45k lbs.

140 mph in my mk4 jetta, it's scary bc it has the aerodynamics of a shoebox

>210 km/h (130 mph) in driving school in normal Autobahn traffic
are you driving puegeuot 107 now?

>165ish modded suzuki bandit 1200
what mods?

No but it's exhausting to go over 200 km/h in regular traffic and not worth it.
I usually drive 180 km/h (~110 mph) which is a comfortable cruising speed.

e60 3.0d - around 220 kph
e36 1.8is - I flaked at 160, was getting really rattly
Hmm, my e60 gets 9L/100 at city, highway is 5.8. It has 565k on the odo too.

>got to ~200kph in my ae86
>guage stops at 180 so i'm not sure if i actually cracked 200

felt pretty solid

>No but it's exhausting to go over 200 km/h in regular traffic and not worth it.
>I usually drive 180 km/h (~110 mph) which is a comfortable cruising speed.

Why exhausting? I often do 180-220km/h in my jap shitbox (350z), pretty much comfortable

Stage 2 holeshot jetting, needles, pod filters etc. Dialed in perfect with an on board afm.
Full exhaust, I think the header is hindle.
-1, +3 gearing, top speed is red line limited in 5th gear instead of in 4th gear like stock. Did 121rwhp, vs 98hp stock.

Bandits really like mods.

Oh, and I have a Mr turbo kit for ot that I'm too afraid to install, but it'll get done eventually, probably this winter. With meth injection I'll see maybe 190hp at a conservative 10lbs or so and av gas.

I topped out my 2012 Mazda3 once. Hit around 120mph. I was fucked up on Benzos and wanted to test the governor.

Hit around 100mph in 1990 MX-5. Felt a little squirrely

170 on a GSXR 1000...felt pretty good minus the insane wind resistance which felt like a brick wall

What turbocharger did you get with the turbo kit? what's included?

I'm slowly building a kit for my busa, going to fabricate plenum this weekend or at least do a mock up. I'm going with 56mm t3/t4 hybrid.

>insane wind resistance which felt like a brick wall

You are supposed to move your ass backwards (to eliminate the gap between your ass and rear seat), tuck your head and elbows. If you are over 180cm getting a double-buble windscreen would help. I had GSX-R1000K4 and it did 299km/h indicated with ease (bone stock bike, except I had metz m3).

230 km/h or about 145-150mph in my Prelude. Managed to almost peg the rev limiter at 8k, but could feel it running out of juice even if it had more gearing. I was actually really impressed though, car felt 1000% solid.

Other than that, did 150 km/h downhill in a rattling falling apart acura 2.3 cl running on two cylinders, that was fun.

215 in '93 mercedes 220E
fucking terrifying desu, did it on a back road and there was a slight dip when i was at about 200 and the car almost bottomed out it felt like
it was only factory rated for 220 so i don't particularly feel like trying to hit to 240 on the speedo

i bet none of you have ever done triple digits on a motorcycle.

i've maxxed a 600cc ninja on the autobahn. which is about 150 mph.

once I hit that speed. I coasted the rest of the way until an exit. then spent a good few minutes calming down and saying how stupid I was.

I did 130 mph in my 03 accord

I've never hit top speed in my boat.

I don't think I've ever cruised beyond 85 MPH.

My old Mazda I cruised 115 fully loaded with a passenger and camping gear down route 66 though

I did over 160mph in my 2.0l Rsx type s, still had Rpm left before rev limit but i had to slow down for a corner coming up

literally 2 posts above you there are people talking about topping out their gsxr 1000s

Got my Suzuki Swift Sport up to 190km/h on a trip to germany. It made some questionable noises lol

i remember getting my 05 one up to 180, wasnt as scary as I thought but not exactly a car i'd like to keep at that speed

FoST
263 kph (163 mph)

based autobahn

I did 170 mph easily in my C5 vette with heads and cam. Still had lots more to give, but I wish I had the balls to drive that fast for that long like the guy in the video.

I do about 140MPH most mornings as my job starts at 6AM and there's fuck all on the roads to get in my way or pull me over.

Not living in the US and speeding anyway because the highway speed limits are arbitrary money making tactics

Thank God on the main highways in Indiana we are all in agreement to go 25 over.

it's about having a car that comfortably goes 80 mph

I like mine it is comfortable to 100 I tend to cruise at 90 when doing long treks across muh state.

04 Ford Taurus - 103 mph quite a few times

anyone who has ever driven a taurus knows how the car gets past 80mph. i was shitting my pants. Now i just stick to around 80-85 regularly.

>2005 CVPI
130mph, I think it was limited to this

>2000 Nissan Altima
110mph and felt shaky

>2008 e92 328i
140mph felt as smooth as butter

>2011 BMW 135i e81
Around 120mph. Fuck that thing is fast

*e82 actually for the 135i

>top speed 100mph and change
I have no qualms driving mine as fast as it'll go other than fuel consumption.

it's funny how driving the same high speed feels COMPLETELY different when driving a mid size sedan or tiny hatch.

realistically you should have more fun without worries in the hatch because you can "hoon" under the speed limits while bigger cars only get interesting at speeds way above the legal speeds.

Look at the current analog mpg. It's getting about 18l/100km (13mph). Guess you're just a fucking moron.

Still pretty impressive though. My brother has a Durango with a 360 and it averages about 12mpg around town.

As fast as the engine can push Because I take care of my shitheaps

Speedo stops at 85mph, I've probably done about 100 but never again because I like being alive

It redlines before i get to 75mph

Not him, but I've heard it's extremely mentally draining. I'm sure if you can imagine going 120mph+ in traffic and how far out in front you have to be looking to be able to slow down in case someone accidentally moves into your lane and shit. and then if you're doing that for half an hour at a time, twice a day, it probably gets old pretty quick.

91 XJ Cherokee, surprisingly solid at high speed. I'll do around 105mph on the metro highway if I'm by myself. (guessing because the speedo stops at 85) but I would try going faster if I was on a proper interstate outside the city.

Ive gone to 130, odo goes to 140