What's the feasability of living in a van for a couple years?

What's the feasability of living in a van for a couple years?
I apologize if this isn't the place for this, but it's kinda car and I have no idea where else to ask.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Lg37Cbx-kak
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's plenty doable if you don't have a ton of stuff. Hell, you could even live in a regular old car if you're not terribly claustrophobic. Get a gym membership for taking showers, mooch off Starbucks or McDonald's free wifi, and if your Walmart offers free parking, I don't think they'll mind you camping out there. Just make sure to shop there, move your car around, and if they give you hassle find another place.

Any idea how hard it is to wire solar panels up to the roof?
Or is that just a bad idea?

From a glance, it seems solar systems, including panels, charge controller, inverter, and batteries go for the better part of $1000, minimum. And in most places you can find a room for rent for cheaper than that.

What ever happened to vandweller?

Did he die?

New to this board, so who?
Got any caps?

Homeless people live on the street for years, so I think you'll be OK.

Well I actually plan on having some dignity and bathing somewhat regularly, not barely scraping by day to day.

Stay at home. Get a job. Move out when you're financially stable.

I still got a good 2 1/2 years before I move out and I have a decent enough job, but apartments around here cost a fuck ton even for 1 bedroom.
I'm just trying to work out details before I'm out on my ass.

Then why don't you just live where you're at now?

I'm not moving into a van right now, I'm just trying to figure things out in advance.

Did it for a couple months in Australia.
Get a cheap gym membership for access to facilities.
No problem with police, didn't try to stand out.
Cooking was sketchy. Drove to a quiet spot out of town to cook, cause kitchen was at the back, requiring the door to be opened.

>voluntarily living in a van
>dignity
K

Find someone that needs a roommate so then you only have to pay half the rent which should be less than a whole 1 bedroom

>comparing a single purchase to monthly rent

might want to buy a van soon those westfalias have doubled in price ever since #vanlife became a thing

fucking hipster idiots

>What's the feasability of living in a van for a couple years?
You must have a feasible plan for dealing with muggers that come and try to loot your van and bank accounts.

I heard thieves have a deadly allergy to hollowpoints, so I'm gonna stick with my carry piece.

It shouldn't be a problem as long as you know how to do 12V wiring and how to attach them to (and run the wires through) your roof so that it's secure and weatherproof.

youtube.com/watch?v=Lg37Cbx-kak

Just remember solar panel leads are always hot in the day time if the sun is hitting the panel

I've seen people get a jolt because they're idiots

I'm not retarded enough to get a jolt.
I'll probably have to find some way to idiot proof them though.

Last I heard vandweller now drives a rig - seems like a logical progression.

Sniper?