Judaism to Christianity

How do we get from Judaism to Christianity?

What practices done in synagogues are carried over to the churches of christianity? The Apostles supposedly started out the modern day churches but the successions are not fully exact as we are told, for if they were, they would at least pronounce "Jesus" the way He was called.

Anyways, there is the common link of Christ in Old Testament prophecies and New Testament teachings, and how it is a religion that traces it's roots to Abraham also, but what exactly is being carried over? Synagogue and Kabalah is very different from Orthodox and Catholicism, yet their link is in Christ Yeshua.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebionites
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish–Christian_gospels#History_of_scholarship_in_the_Jewish-Christian_gospel_problem
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Gospels + Neoplatonist philosophy

The Gospels and Neoplatoism both come after Christ. What is the religion that is the Judaism and the Christian transition. John the Baptist was respected by the Jewish community and the Early Christians.

>What is the religion that is the Judaism and the Christian transition.
If I understand you right, you're looking for:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebionites

The Jewish Messiah came, was rejected by the Jews, crucified, rose from the dead, all Jews who believed in Jesus became the first Christians.

Same dividing line exists today.

Cool man, thanks!

I was also thinking Essenes

John the Baptist was doing something the Jews had been doing for a while; giving a mikvah, baptism, and as repentance for straying from the Laws of Moses, and a promise to return to same.

It was also the way Gentiles were turned into Jews; mikvah, nothing before that mattered, circumcision, follow Laws of Moses.

What John was doing that was odd was telling Jews they needed to be baptized as much as the Gentiles did.

The Essenes were just Jews who thought that there would be two messiahs, not just one, and they separated themselves from Jerusalem and lived in the desert. They're the Masada folk.

This is interesting too. John is considered saintly and revered in Christianity, and that he is also sonsidered to be one of the Early Christians.

What were their customs?

>How do we get from Judaism to Christianity?

By ignoring most of it, slapping a few Jewish theological concepts onto neplatonic thought, and preaching to non-Jews.

>What practices done in synagogues are carried over to the churches of christianity?

Hard to say, given how little of actual synagogue practice was recorded back then.

He's not a Christian; he died before Jesus did.

Jesus said John was the greatest man ever born to woman, but that the least in the Kingdom of Heaven is greater than he.

John the Baptist will be occupying the earth with the other righteous people while we are floating in the sky.

The Essenes were basically ascetics. They had a decent idea that the messiah was supposed to come 438 years after the proclamation was given to rebuild the temple, but they like many Jews thought that no one man could do everything the messiah was supposed to do. They didn't figure into their calculations that the messiah would actually be divine, and could rise from the dead to establish an eternal throne.

The Essenes were also warriors, as they took out a good chunk of the Roman 5th legion after the temple was destroyed. When pushed back into their stronghold, every man was to kill his wife and children, and then each man would kill the next until the last man would kill himself, rather than be taken prisoner by Rome.

Hence "Never again Masada" used to be the cry of the IDF.

They changed to "Sampson Option" when they went nuclear.

(One of the men, or more, could not bear to kill his wife or daughters, and a few women survived to tell the story, per Josephus)

>while we are floating in the sky.

I should explain this. The City that people have heard snippets about, streets of gold, gates of pearl, layers of gems, etc., is 1,500 miles by 1,500 miles by 1,500 miles high.

It's too big to fit on the planet; it will be in orbit, close orbit, and take the place of the sun and the moon (which will have gone dark by this time).

Yes, really.

So when I say "we sky now", it is this satellite city I'm referring to, which is our base. Our city. Our home.

John is Christian, he lived with Christ, being a follower in person and living disciple, Christ taught him and he taught Christ.

To be a Christian, one must confess that Jesus is Lord (done), and believe He rose from the dead.

John was dead before Jesus rose from the dead.

He cannot be a Christian, and Jesus Himself said that the LEAST in the Kingdom of God is greater than His own best man.

We have been given unparalleled riches.

John believed that Yeshua is the Christ, knowing the destiny and fate of the Son of Man. A disciple is a follower of Lord Christ, therefore John is Christian. Christian becomes a religion, but it is mainly a Way of Religion rather than religion itself.

>How do we get from Judaism to Christianity?
The Second Covenant through Christ, the Son of God.
Marriage celebrations, fasting, the general layout of Churches overlayed with Roman design (first services being in Roman-styled livings), prayer aloud. Other things, but I can't remember currently.

Everyone in heaven knows that. Maybe posting the actual verse will stop you from arguing with Jesus.

Matthew 11:11 “Assuredly, I say to you, among those born of women there has not risen one greater than John the Baptist; but he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

A Christian is a person with the Holy Spirit dwelling in them due to their confession of faith, belief in Jesus as Lord, and belief in the resurrection.

The Holy Spirit did not come to men until Pentecost 32 AD, long after John was dead.

Why is this your issue?

It seems the earliest form of Christianity is not exactly Roman, Jewish, or Greek in its pure nature. The transition from Judaism to Greek and Roman ideas has a grey-scale between it, with Christ being the reason it changed, however, we only get other successions of lines of religion and it's lineage, but the Christ's first appearance and that original Christian faith, the disciples with Christ in person, much seems to be missing from that Christianity.

No one is arguing with "Jesus". There is no issue either, John is a Christian, and if those who come after John are greater, it shows that the Christ is the reason. The Holy Spirit is eternal and did not originate from 32 AD, but has been timeless with God since even before the beggining.

Just different ideas we have about the same thing.

How does Egyptian philosophy combine with Early Judaism? The Egyptians had many different ideas as did the early Hebrews, and Moses is the tie in between Egyptian and Jewish thought, and much of Judaism comes from Moses as a prophet from God,.

Is Moses a Christian?

Do you have a definition for what a Christian is?

YHWH wrecked the entire Egyptian pantheon as He led His people out of Egypt by His hand; wrecked their gods, wrecked their government, wrecked their people, wrecked their animals, wrecked their crops, and beggared them as they gave their jewelry to the Hebrews.

You people seem to think this is some sort of game. You better wake up quick.

Yes.

>If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me. John 5:46

Moses is in direct communion with God among the Israelites and the Egyptians, teaching what God teaches to him.

Getting lost in the "Christian" definition is not important, because so many different ideas and technicalities apply to many different individuals. Moses mentions Christ, and is therefore Christian, in the sense that Christianity is centered around God, and Moses is a prophet of the Lord God.

So, you have no working definition of Christian, and think Moses was a Christian.

Do you understand that there is an Old Covenant and a New Covenant?

This is not just due to idolatry, but the Egyptians according to the Qur'an would supplicate to rid the plagues, and when God removed them, they quickly believed instead that it was due to their own magic that they were cured, and not by the Hand of the Lord.

The people who believed Moses and the prophets, and therefore Jesus, have their place in Israel in the Kingdom, and going forward into eternity.

Not in the New Jerusalem.

I'm starting to think you don't know what a Christian is, or how to become one.

>according to the Qur'an

Stopped reading right there.

Christ revamped the Ten Commandments.

It is not good to be lost in defining Christianity, what is important is living in the Way with Yeshua the Christ, following the commandments: Love God, treat your neighbor as yourself.

>Ebionites
He wasn't the Jewish messiah tho, he didn't fulfill the messianic requirements

>I'm starting to think you don't know what a Christian is

That is okay, because each person will view Christianity for themself, experiencing the truth for themself rather than be lost in someone else's idea of what Christianity is.

Is still useful information based off of the lineage of Abraham. God promises Abraham a large kingdom and descendents without numbers, and so far, Judaism, Christianity, Babism, Bahai faith, and Islam all can be traced back to the lineage of Abraham and his three wives.

Which ones?

Talk to your nearest Orthodox Presbyter or Monk at the nearest Monastery for the best answers, but what Roman ideas are you referring to? Traditional Roman dwellings had an antichamber, a pool at the front for washing the feet, a large central area for social gatherings, and the feast area in the back with bedrooms on the the side. A traditional Roman (Byzantine for HREfags) Church takes this layout plus as well as the cross shape. Traditionally, Churches didn't have pews, nor do they still unless you're American or something.

Didn't build the third temple, didn't unite all Jews/Gentiles, didn't create world peace, among many other things.
Nice digits though

>Iesus said to them, “Watch and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees.”

>useful
Islam is the word of Satan and worship of him, as is evident by its fruits. Not sure how these revelations are useful information considering that and all the misinformation and isolation relative to the Levant Mohammed was in, along with Arabia Felix.

It is the religious "authorities" who are preventing the building of this third temple, each trying to overcome the other rather than unite the Body of Christ. There is salvation to every Jew and Non-Jewish according to Christ and also according to Paul and his revelation of Christ. "Many people think I have come to bring peace but I have come to bring war, sword", eventually, the reconstruction of Christ will bring peace, however, Christ must have for seen what the world will do with His teachings, and seen that they would cause division in the name of "Jesus" rather than the unity that Christ taught.

Islam is the word of Allah, a being that is seperate from Shaitan. You submit to Allah in Islam, and you overcome Satan with Allah. The media and the internet will fail to you true Muslims in devotion to God, Allah, which according to Abrahamic perception is one accepted name of the Lord.

It's a historical view of the development of the Church building style. Christ Himself went to the Temple, did He not?
The Sadduces are gone now, and the Pharasees are in Israel today, yet still wrong.
The is nothing wrong with Holy Tradition as taught and spread by the Apostles and all they learned from Christ.

>what is important is living in the Way with Yeshua the Christ, following the commandments: Love God, treat your neighbor as yourself.

Yup. Figured.

That's the road to hell.

So, the one's He's going to fulfill at the Second Coming.

Murder the Messiah.
Reject the Kingdom.
Blame the Murdered Messiah for not bringing in the Rejected Kingdom.

Jews.

It's okay for me, since I know what a Christian is, I know how to become a Christian, I am a Christian, and I very much enjoy being a Christian.

To you the word is meaningless. It means "good person".

Any useful info was plagiarized from the bible and filtered through a madman's head by the devil.

How is allah different from shaitan?

You know that Mohammad knew shaitan spoke to him in the cave, yes?

There is no holy tradition outside of the bible.

Obviously.

By definition.

The Apostles had the right idea, but the church today is not the Apostle back then, however, everyone sees this differently, which is why there are Orthodox and Catholics debating every day.

Following Christ is not the way to hell.

Christian means more than good person. I am not saying you aren't Christian by my standards, and why would my standards be more important than your own.

Not everyone will agree with you, because Muhammed descends from the line of Abraham and is still a manifestation of God's promise to Abraham.

Satan also spoke to Christ Yeshua and Buddha.

There is plenty of Holy Tradition outside of the Bible and inside the Bible.

It should be painfully obvious, even to you, that because you do not know what a Christian is, you do not know Jesus.

If you do not have Jesus, you do not have the Father.

If you had Jesus, you would have the Father too.

Mohammad's ancestry is irrelevant to the Kingdom of God.

Jesus rebuffed the devil with scripture, namely three verses from Deuteronomy.

Jesus is the Christ, so that's the same answer.

I am unaware of any necessity or event where the devil felt it necessary to move the buddha into hell faster than he was moving himself.

Only God makes things holy.

Here's what God says about your beloved traditions:

Thus you have made the commandment of God of no effect by your tradition.

Mark 7:9 He said to them, “All too well you reject the commandment of God, that you may keep your tradition.

Colossians 2:8 Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ.

There's your warning.

Islam is a manifestation of Abrahamic faith, as is Judaism and Christianity etc.

We all have Christ Yeshua. Christians seperate eachother from Christ, like telling someone they aren't Christian because their idea is different than their own. Have the Father and the Son, I agree with you.

It is not.

It's a cult. Big one.

You do not have the Holy Spirit living in you, because you do not know the things you would know if you did.

You say Jesus is prophet and messiah, but those words are meaningless to you.

Satan is Mara in Buddhism and tempts Gautama not to spread His teachings, the same way Christ is tempted by Satan. Christ and Buddha have many parallels, the Buddhist nirvana is the Christians salvation.

The empty deceit is using the verses to make someone fear "you are being warned", all over a minor difference in opinion. All traditions are subject to change, and look what the churches do, but if you want to associate them that is no problem. The commandments of God are more important than these traditions and "so called traditions" that everyone says "we are God people, but you are not", even though they both identify as Christian and pray to the same God.

Is a senseless argument

Christ said no others will come after Himself, and Salvation is through Christ. The Old Testament prophecized Christ, likewise, as Salvation and the new Temple. The Quran even says let Christians be according to the Gospel and Jews to their Torah instead of the Quran.. directly contradicting the whole "corruption" Mohammed claims. This is just one way to prove Mohammed is not a Prophet, not of God, for certain. Likewise, the Holy Spirit does not make one desire and attempt suicide, as Mohammed did with the initial demonic contact. Remember, Satan can and has taken the form of Messengers and Angels before. Mohammed fell for this, as the Satanic Verses also shows. Again, he is no Prophet of God, performed no miracles, and relieved all his "revelations" in solitude and at a whim, when situational lyrics convenient.

>Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own?

Christ is also crucified, the idea is to grasp all ideas and perspectives, Jews, Muslims, Christians and instead of condemn the others, unite them. We all have the Holy Spirit in us, we all come from God.

>the Buddhist nirvana is the Christians salvation.

Just could not be more wrong if you tried, sorry.

This is not a minor warning. You are a dead person, spiritually, and if you do not get resurrected to life and remain dead, you will be sorted into hell with everyone else who stayed dead.

See pic to address you claim that there is no Tradition except scripture. Scripture wasn't even canonized until St Athanasius of Alexandria and the early Church all came to agreement, along with the Holy Spirit. Protestants mistake is that they believe their own human authority is on the level of the Holy Spirit without ever being humble.

How does that prove "Muhammed is not from God"? It doesn't. It shows Muhammed believed and Allah revealed to Muhammed to let Christians be Christians and Jews be Jews, because God understands everyone is trying to worship God. Muhammed had different conditions because he is a different person in a different time.

You can hold onto the idea that "He isn't a prophet, he is not from God" but that is all assumed and never really sought out. Like, Christians believe Christ looks like that white dude and believe there is a "J" in the name of Christ, when we are shown the name Yeshua and an ethnic version of Christ, people say "heretical blaspheme" without even doing any research without bias.

It is very weird.

Love you.

No, it is not.

It is to literally have the Spirit of God literally tabernacling inside your body, resurrecting you to eternal life.

I am a temple to the Holy Spirit because He lives inside of me. I'm His house. He's my God.

You can mix the holy with the profane, if you so choose.

I would not suggest it, as the profane will not help you make what is holy more holy.

Only profane that which is holy.

Christ and Buddha teach salvation and nirvana, they are the same in its simplest form.

What is Christian about calling someone spirutally dead, and what is Christian about telling someone they will stay in hell? Nothing.

It is empty deceit that Christians do not realize what they are actually doing

Again, see this pic for your answer of scripture with scripture regarding Holy Tradition.

Mohammad slaughtered 800 Jewish men and boys in order to loot their tribe. He had them all killed.

Not at war, no betrayal, just the last of the Jew tribes near him, and he slaughtered them.

Let the Jews be, indeed.

No, they do not. There is no salvation outside of Christ Jesus. There is no other name by which men can be saved.

Again, you can mix the knowledge of evil and sinful men with the holy Word of God; that's on you.

And so will be the consequences.

That's what I also say. I am a temple of the Holy Spirit and God is inside of me. He is inside of you. God is inside every living life. GOD is even with the most hated person, the darkest sinners and God is with all of his Creation. God is in every religion. God is in ever human heart. Amen

David is also a war hero, and much of the Bible is also filled with war, just like Islam and Christianity's tie to Judaism.

Yes they do. Christ teaches what Buddha teaches what Christ teaches. Christ is the name of salvation, but to understand this is to go far beyond the basic conception of what the world teaches you God is and what God truly is.

It has been all the same since the beggining, and every religion teaches salvation through its reformer and God, reverberating the same messages, teaching the same concepts, being rejected by the same people

>Apostles
>unholy and sinful
As humans in our fallen state we are all very sinful, but the Apostles, as we know, we're guided and blessed by the Holy Spirit. They directly lived and learned with Christ, and the spread Christianity across the world establishing Churches, Bishops, and the Holy Tradition, and you call this blasphemous?

Because it denies that every person is taught by the Holy Spirit and is subject to divine inspiration. The Apostle knew this and taught this, but it is well hidden by these churches "Holy Tradition" in the present, and there is a lack of communion of the Holy Spirit seen by many Christians in churches. Many churches have Holy Spirit as many lack the Holy Spirit. Why trust the churches that continue to divide the Body of our Lord Christ?

There's also the testimonies of an Aramaic version of the gospel.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish–Christian_gospels#History_of_scholarship_in_the_Jewish-Christian_gospel_problem
Most Jewish Christians probably left their Jewish brethren to go join a wider Hellenic or Syriac community. Then there's the Ethiopians who preserved a lot of Jewish customs since the early converts were mostly Jewish to the point that they're called Judaizers by some but pre Christian pagan influences like in most other Churches might be found as well.

>O ye who believe! Ask not questions about things which if made plain to you, may cause you trouble. Some people before you did ask such questions, and on that account lost their faith."
(Surah 5:101-102).

I see that despite evidence to the contrary, the Quran being very contrary to itself at times, you do not question. Very convenient for Mohammed!
May you find and accept Christ as your Savior, as despite your renunciation of Him, He still loves you and all mankind, as wicked as we are.

Deviating from the teachings of Christ, the path of Christ, and the Apostolic Succession as ordained by Christ to His followers will result in a lack of God's Grace and the Holy Spirit, or seduction to the lies via demons and their worship (Pentecostals, Mormons, etc).

>repent and be Christian
>says to a Christian

The church is the seduction and also deviates from apostolic succession

This.

Learned it from fatcher Chrostowski and his books. Some priests still have balls to tell it like it is, without fear of being labeled as antisemite.
This is why Jews hate Christianity so much and seek to destroy it with any means necessary.

>My god is so weak and puny that an angry mob can thwart his plans.

Sometimes I wonder if the fact that we have atheism in predominantly Christian countries isn't to do with tolerance of dissenting opinions so much that Christianity really is dumber than other religions.

>God is inside every living life.

You are free to believe as many lies as you'd like.

Murdering 800 helpless neighbors to steal their goods does not make one a "war hero".

And literally everything true you know about them is in the bible.

Why are you looking outside the bible, again?

(And yes, of course they were still sinners, and still unable to make things holy.)

His plan was to die on a cross after being rejected by the Jews as their Messiah, and then rising from the dead three days later, defeating both the grave and death itself.

Mission Accomplished.

Read the Early Church Fathers, it's humbling. Again, an Orthodox monk would be ideal for you to talk to with about Holy Tradition. They know much more than anyone here. Don't be proud, seek them out.

That is no lie.

Every empire has spread through a war of some sort.

Enter ye in at the narrow gate; because broad and roomy is the way, that leadeth unto destruction, and many are they who enter thereby: Because narrow is the gate, and confined the way, that leadeth unto life, and few are they who find it

You are free to follow Mohammad to hell, and never meet Jesus. You're well on your way.

If you decide that's a stupid thing to do, repent and be saved.

That gate is Jesus.

Disciple: How do we follow you, when we don't know the way?

Jesus: I am The Way, The Truth, and The Life; no man comes to the Father but by Me.

You can call Jesus a liar if you'd like.

The story is that Muhammad had a mediator after capturing the men of Banu Khorayza, at their request, who offered them the option of being punished by Jewish or Islamic law; they naturally picked Jewish and ended up being killed as per the theological opinion of the mediator.

Many scholars don't even accept this Hadith as reliable, t b h, but that's the story as I heard it.

Your talking to a Christian. Muslims are allowed to be Muslim.

with the force of the roman army, but i doubt you could understand this if you are a christfagg subhuman piece of shit

Sola Scriptura without Tradition, good works, is spiritual empty death. Just as good works without Faith is empty death. Christ established Holy Tradition via His Apostles (Baptism, Holy Communion), yet John warns that simple attending Church is not salvation. It requires all, for without Christ, Baptism, and eating His Flesh and Blood, does Salvation not await. The Apostles were instructed to teach all this so that they might saved.

It's a lie.

No, I'm not. I'm not even posting to one. I have no idea why you think you're a Christian.

The apostles were saved when Jesus blew the Holy Spirit into their mouths.

This is, without a doubt, the worst thread that has ever been on Veeky Forums. Even other religious threads at least try to back up their "arguments" with citations from their holy books, in an attempt to prove a point that is probably even logically valid, the problems being with their premises or their evidence.

This has been a bunch of Christfags insulting each other and telling each other they're going to hell. Congratulations, you've reduced the quality of this board another notch and robbed me of an IQ point or two from watching it.

>Christianity
>Spread by the Roman Army sword
>not persecuted for centuries by Rome
Basic history, user. Even after it was accepted, it was still not forced, but spread through miracles, monks, and missionaries.

Wow, and you clearly don't have that many to spare.

I think he crawled back under his rock.

Even St Paul worried that he would revert back into temptations. Salvation is a journey, not a one time act or moment like Evangelicals and many Protestants tend to believe. There is no "being saved" then sinning incessantly. We are but men, sinners.

you are a fucking retard, a christian. How the world works and how the world ought to be is one of the main major retardations of the christfaggot. i am not a degenerate so i accept things how they are, christianity has ruined the roman empire and protects shittier genes that should die