Is a s10 a good choice for a first truck?

Is a s10 a good choice for a first truck?

Other urls found in this thread:

greenville.craigslist.org/cto/6112573381.html
theautoshop.net/VortecMPFI.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes

how much should you be giving for let's say a 95 model with around 150k miles?

depends on the condition, drivetrain, and engine

greenville.craigslist.org/cto/6112573381.html

Ranger>S10

>Ranger>S10
how so?

They're great trucks for what they are and truly the last economy GM truck to be made but finding one worthwhile is near impossible. They're almost all on death's door with 150-200k miles, rusty frames and slipping transmissions.

look at it. While looking at it, check for rust on the frame. If it's in good condition, offer him 2k, and explain you need to change the CPI system for a MPFI system.
>spider fuel system
fuck that unreliable system.
theautoshop.net/VortecMPFI.htm

get a hardbody

>GM
>ever

>CPI system for a MPFI
>spider fuel system
what are you going on about? i don't know much about cars
i only have like 2k to spend but i'm pretty sure he'll take 1500

The CPI system is a Central Port fuel injection system. It uses a spider like fuel injection system under the intake manifold that resembles a spider, hence the nickname The poppet valves often fail. The link I posted is to a bolt in kit that converts the CPI setup to a MPFI set up. MPFI stand for multi-port fuel injection. The system is more reliable. The kit I posted is again, bolt in, and requires no modifications to the computer to work.

If you're 12 mexicans then maybe

eh i'd just wait until it failed before i spend the money on that

Looks straight, if it's got no frame or body rot, and runs/drives well, that things worth 2200-2500 or so.

He won't take 1500, it's 4 wheel drive, if you want to spend less look for a 2 wheel drive tuck.

>He won't take 1500, it's 4 wheel drive, if you want to spend less look for a 2 wheel drive tuck.
he might wouldn't hurt to ask i guess, shouldn't be any rust since it's he south he should take 1800 anyway

are cars with 200.000km even worth the money? i dont know much but isnt the car in his last days?

Fucking euros.

My old shitbox made it to 251,000 MILES before the trans finally began acting up and I just scrapped it. Plenty of shit in burgerland sees 250-350,000 miles with routine maintenance and normal shit.

Depends on the overall condition, there are 80k mile cars that look like trash and 200k that are pristine, rather get it checked by a mechanic

>125k miles are a lot
Maybe with shit euro engineering

My first vehicle was a'99 S10 with the 4.3 v6, lowered, shaved doors, roll pan, dual exhaust with a CAI and some mag wheels, shit was hot.
Get a 4.3 if you wanna drag, or a 4 banger if you want economy, either way, great truck (unless your tall then you're fucked)