/hkg/ - Hollow Knight General

Previous Thread: Pre-order PDFs:
mega.nz/#!pRVBEaJT!A-kiUlmaafquGFJ6chvWHHAb0LStsuzo9LCnutH_zMI

Wiki:
hollowknight.wikia.com/wiki/Hollow_Knight_Wiki

Welcome back.

>the Nosk fight and the entire lead up to it.
Also the location for that secret area was random as shit. Talk about missable.

>theres a new thread

Goodnight sweet princess

Is there anyone else that you can give the delicate flower to other than elderbug in dirtmouth? Kinda want to give the flower to everyone who can get it before I hit 100%.

wud u fug a bug

>Get to big station thing
>Don't know what to do now and stop playing

why do i do this to myself

Which big station?

ye

perfect answer

They said it was the Queen's station I think, it was the other week. There was a place with jellyfish and a bank above

what is bug fugging like

yes

Pay for the stag bell at the bottom left and bug out untill you have dash. Contrary to what I wrote in previous thread, you can do jackshit without it from here one out.Dash is in Greenlands.

Hard outer shell, soft and squishy insides.

Bags of sand fleas.

Th-That might be kind of nice, actually...

Bugs are kind of like organic natural knights when you think about it

>20+ hours in
>get the dash upgrade, and upgrades to 2/3 magic attacks within minutes of each other
Well that escalated quickly

By bug out you mean just explore and stuff? The dash isn't in the station, right?

>Double Jump
>Acid Resist
>Crystal Heart
Exactly what's the order of events for these? I've been running in circles trying to progress lately.

You need the Crystal Heart before either

Crystal Heart is mandatory for Double Jump.
Acid Resist can be gotten at any time after clearing the Dung Defender, which requires either a Simple Key or Crystal Heart.

>There's a secret directly above the chain down into the caverns
I was already paranoid as shit that I'm missing shit. Fuck me.

Yeah, that surprised me too. Always listen for the sound that those objects make.

It's mostly just crap for Geo, sadly.
Probably the most interesting detail is the Dream Trees.
Their vague descriptions when you nail a finished tree are interesting.

absolutely

At what point should I grind for the lantern?

If you think the next areas you gotta go are Deepnest and/or Crystal Caverns.

>That little cute mask
>SWOLL KNIGHT
>Break blocking enemies' shields with a single strike
>Send enemies flying
>Sparks now fly when you hit anything
>CLANNNG
>Radiance hesitates before approaching

Is this a sequence break or intentional cheese for speedrunners? Using Dashmaster to circumvent getting acid resist for the geo item under the bridge Greenpath was comparatively minor compared to a health upgrade/early boss fight and access to the upper portion of Crystal Peak.

Just got in the White Palace, what should I expect?

BZZZZZZZZZ

Probably intended, the game rewards skill and punishes scrubs like me until they git gud.

Bees? Also, there's this beehive area below Kingdom's Edge, how do I get in?

No, buzzsaws. Also, to get into the Hive you need to take the tram from the Ancient Basin to Kingdom's Edge and break a wall above a pit of spikes with 2 bees infront of it. You'll want to get in there before you do the White Palace, because there's a super useful charm in there that'll help you.

I'm not entirely sure it's to reward skill. In order to continue on later I had to lure a Crystal Hunter over to where I needed a leg up, but hey, early Pale Ore. Time to upgrade my nail again.

>tfw this guy was a bitch to fight the first time I played this
Feels gud to git gud

It's physically impossible to get through this.

You have to dash from exactly the right distance

When does this nightmare ends?

Can officially confirm neither Crystal Peak nor Watcher's Spire require double jump to get anything.

All 4 double jump spots in Crystal Peak and one at the entrance to the Watcher's Spire can be cheesed either with a destructible or with an enemy (admittedly the one at the peak of Crystal Peak is a bitch and a half if you fuck up cause it doesn't respawn unless you walk all the way back to the bench).

when you defeat the Evil Dr Fetus and rescue the Bandage Girl.

Ideas for Hornet Expansion:

Playtime: 10-15 hours

Quick Rundown:

Hornet loses her needle and have to look it up in the White Palace Word

she has no accsess to charms whatsoever

Explore until you know what to do?
Jesus fucking Christ.
If you haven't visited Mantis village, go down the Fungal Wastes. If you already have, go east of teh Fungal Waste, where you've seen Hornet (there is a statue drawn on the map).

ssb

Just finished the game with 88%.

Who the fuck was Wyrm? How is it related to Radiance? Was the Pale King Wyrm?
Who was Unn?
Why the hunter beast refers to the Hollow Knight as the old king of Hallownest? What the fuck? Who was the Pale King?
Who was the queen? Herrah? The White Lady?
Why did the White Lady regret Hornet's creation?
Why was Hornet trying to stop you until you beat her in Kingdom's Edge? She already knew you. If you failed your mission everything would be fucked, including her mom.

Their reproductive organs have special structures to grab your dick, hold it in and milk it for all it's worth. Can be very sticky, though, so be ready for some enforced cuddling.

The Pale King is the Wyrm. Hunter's journal doesn't call the Hollow Knight the king, it's just bad wording. The queen is the White Lady, Herrah was the queen of Deepnest, which wasn't a part of the kingdom of Hallownest. I think Hornet was just trying to test your strength. If you weren't strong enough to contain or destroy the infection, then breaking the seals would only make everything worse.

What's the lowest percentage you can finish the game with?

Oh, and as for the relation of the Wyrm to the Radiance: The Wyrm/Pale King replaced the Radiance as the bugs' object of worship, which angered the Radiance.

What DO tits feel like?

They don't really compare with anything. Water balloons?

No you don't, you can just walk,. Pay attention to the tracks the saws are on and stay inbetween them.

When that puzzle you just linked looks like child's play.

Yet we did it. There is always a solution, even if it seems crazy at first.

>seems crazy at first
I still can't get over how absurd last puzzle sequence in WP looks compared to how easy it is when you learn your way around it.

It's a common theme with this game. That's why it's so good. Great design all around.

Except for Failed Champion. Between the (admittedly limited) RNG of its attacks and the complete RNG fuckery of the falling debris it's a full-twitch fight.

Eh, I don't get people hating on him. You can use debris as projectiles against him and his attacks seem not much more rng than most. Could be that by the time I fought him I had pure nail, but maybe I just got lucky to deal with him quickly.

For me the hardest battle was Arena 3, the fucking floor is lava part is way way too long for comfort in my opinion.

Holy fuck

By the way, is anyone else keeping an archive of dialogue and relevant scenery?

Your autism is admirable.

Add it to the wiki.

What, did you expect some cute girl?
No, it was I, Unn!
Now take yer Charm and get out.

I'm still a while away from completing the game, haven't unlocked the Abyss or started Super Meat Boy Palace yet, and a lot of the early content up until Crystal Peak was not recorded. It's also not very organized at this point, so I probably won't be uploading it any time soon especially with final exams coming up soon.

>especially with final exams coming up soon.
Man why you have to be this way

I don't get people thinking he's hard. Just stay right next to him mashing the attack button and dash below when he jumps. That's all.

Lost Kin, thought, is by far the hardest boss and the most satisfying one in the game since you only need skill to defeat him. It's actually the only boss who's challenging if you're not fighting him with one of his counter charms or after you get your overpowered nail.

So THAT was Unn.

Well, once I finish the game I'll upload what I have here, but I can't promised that it'll be organized.

No I mean why do you have to remind me of my commitments.

My apologies. Have some hot bug-on-bug action as compensation.

>decide to do Iron Soul for shits and gigles
>realize that I'll never get it cause meat boy palace, but still go for it. Just for fun.
>Kill everything up to hornet.
>Hornet hard man.
>Fight her, kill her with nearly full health.
>Wow I'm awesome.
>15 minutes later die in a pool of acid on a stupid platforming challenge.

Fuck keyboards man. Should I try again?

Just skip all the platforming parts until you get hiveblood.

Well that's dull as hell but you are probably right. the only way I managed to get trough the white nightmare in the first place is HIve+Juni.

Guess I'll give it another shot.

Where do you find it?

Swim left of Lake of Uun. When you reach the lowest lake at the bottom, run to the right, and run back when you hear a loud splash.

Behind the burning acid of the Lake of Unn.
Excited Squirming.gif

Thanks!

Grab your asscheek. It's like that. Bugtit if it exist would feel like warm chitin.

can anyone draw this but with hollow knight and the power of the radiance?

When you first get your dream nail you're trapped inside the dream world by the dreamers, why did they do that? Why didn't they fight when you came for their souls in the dream world?

Damn. I already have the Shape of Unn but do not remember this encounter at all so i thought it was an event after that. Shame.

>Dream World
Because they need to ensure you're strong enough. You fucking aren't at the time, but the Seer is kind enough to help and save your ass.
>Fight back
Cause they see you're strong enough.

What did Hollow Knight Jr used to do before he went to Hallownest for his quest?

Sleep, like all his Siblings.

What did the king do wrong? He saved the bugs from Radiance's tyranny and gave the bugs free will.

why didn't he start in the abyss then?
Where did he come from?

he made an imperfect vessel for the infection.

Yeah, but he tried his best. Yet fools like Xero didn't understand his doings.

We don't know why he didn't start in the Abyss. He could have been crafted outside of Hallownest and sent there at a specified time or he could have actually been there in the flashback and crawled out before the door was sealed, like the other few who did, but still died.

He surely must have been hibernating, otherwise he would have aged like the Hollow Knight.

We're not sure that's the erason why Xero went against him, are we?
And even so, from his point of view it must have seen monstrous. Talk about something hard to explain.

Real question: Was Zote one of the siblings?/spoiler]

We don't know for sure. But since there should be two more playable characters coming up and Zote is probably one of them, it should be explained.
It appears he have a mother and a father though, unless he was "adopted".

I'd say no - he is way too emotional and doesn't alter behaviour when you obtaint he black heart

Was this confirmed?

I think Hornet campaign is pretty much confirmed, beyond that nothing solid afaik.

Because its a different kind of test.
MC Bug(Godling) is already practically immortal.
Godling being able to respawn is different from Godling being able to FIX EVERYTHING, or in worst case: Get a 100% seal working, praying that the extended civilization finds a better solution.

Where the fuck is there some lever to open up the second part of City of Tears?
I've looked everywhere.

the right of the fountain?
It's behind that door.

Either the one right of the fountain, or that bridge mid height connecting the both towers.
I'm locked out of both and can't reach the dreamer.

I want to get in REEEEEEEEEEE

It's not approached from storeroom stag. You have to go above or below the city to solve it.