/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have a steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about either "official" or not steam or discord groups, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore them.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, March 24th:
1400 – After 175 years of rule, the Trần dynasty of Vietnam was deposed by Hồ Quý Ly, a court official.
1889 – Mirza Ghulam Ahmad (pictured) founded the Ahmadiyya Islamic religious movement in British India.
1905 – About 1,500 Cretans, led by Eleftherios Venizelos, met at the village of Theriso to call for the island's unification with Greece, beginning the Theriso revolt.
1989 – Two researchers announced the discovery of cold fusion, a claim which was later discredited.
2007 – Iranian military personnel seized 15 British Royal Navy personnel, claiming that they had entered Iranian waters.

>News
CK2 Monks and Mystics is out. Check the archive.

>Developement Diaries
EU4 - 14/03
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-14th-of-march-2017.1005196/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!PQgxyACD!bpcXXoWI3Pfu_PJ1_sz5D7wKYO2OStEWr_npgpw0B_w

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/66gpxbKk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nicky

>21st century events
REEEEEEEEEE

W&B
NW&B
W&B

Would it make sense for Prussia to attack Austria when they revoke the privilegia?

Would it make sense for you to stop starting shit and turning this into a toxic general?

This is what tipped me off that you're a moron.

A second reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Excuse me?

Huh?

This thread.
This thread right here.
THIS is the reason that feminism is still relevant in 2017.

Um hello?... -_-

Reminder to send my cat energy to help her through her pregnancy

Anyone know of the medieval German version name of Ivrea?

Proper thread.

tell me something fun to play in victoria 2

preferably in hpm but some weird alt history mod is also acceptable

Prussia. Form kleindeutschland.

>jannie deleted it

>now I can't read all the replies to my question
Thanks faggot

I'm out of words to describe how fantastic Vicky 2 is.

What words would you use, /gsg/?

What the fuck? did the jannie delete my post?
release and play as Rhineland. Nice RGO's and literate population and cool map color, but you have to expand and reach GP or get sphere'd and eaten by Prussia.

it wasnt funny the first time

* queueu tons of unfunny replies *

This is what tipped me off that you're a moron.

No, he deleted the good thread and left the steamcordplaza one up.

How do you play the Hansa in vanilla EU3? No major nations want to ally me.

Positively inebriating.
Distilled perfection.
Absolutely liquortastic.

Based.

nice general lads
post your best liquor memes ty

who else
>hyped
to make grossnipponiums in eu4 new patch

1889 – Mirza Ghulam Ahmad (pictured) founded the Ahmadiyya Islamic religious movement in British India.
>(pictured)
le mindless copypaste maymay

how do i support based alex grandi

m&t2 when??????

look at the op pic again lad

Why does ck2 have to be so expensive :( I'm too broke for this shit

Anyone know why this nation in particular only has this option? It was no options at all until I lowered my relationship into the negatives.

I'm Sicily and I want their sheep. The gold and coal would be useful too I guess. Kinda new to Historical Realism mod

>no pops
kill yourself

>want to play CK2
>choice always boils own to 3 or 4 campaigns
>but also want most of the othr scenarios to "suceed" as well
>can never settle on one
>give up
Help me, lads:
>Post-Umayyad Andalusia
>Komnenos Byzantium/Mended Schism (latest HIP provides 2 choices in Isaac in the 1050s or Alexios)
>Zoroastrian Persia
>Norman/English England

And I've found the reason.

Can't establish a protectorate unless they're touching the sea because ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Zoroastrian Persia is fun, just make sure you prepare for the Mongols when it's their time.

Going Alexiad start and blessing Alexios with luck so the Schism has a chance

Give me a count to replace and a character to make and I'll get started.
Capital will eventually be Esfahan

Now make a Greater Peru

Peru < Great Peru < Greater Peru < Greatest Peru

Why is he so based?

Reasons why you should hate HPM aka Alex Grandi:

>Alex fabricates controversies surrounding other mods to kick out any rivals, notice that he has gone unscathed after all these autistic mod debacles because he's behind them.
>unHPM defended Alex when he got doxxed, but Alex did not return the favour when his friend got doxxed.
>Alex rages whenever someone points out that his mod is a meme mod and deletes their post, he also pretends to take history seriously while denying France their rightful claim on Wallonia.
>When you say something bad about HPM Alex will take off his trip and argue with you pretending to be an user
>Alex makes every new thread and then posts "Reminder to report and ignore shitposting" because he is butthurt some people don't like his mod.
>Alex will take off his trip and reply with "t.rob" or "treed" if someone doesn't like his mod
>Alex needs to create the new thread every time so that he can control the OP and only add what he likes
>Alex's mod HPM has attracted more redditors and outsiders than anything in /gsg/ history

These are just the facts. Alex Grandi is the most autistic and destructive force /gsg/ has ever seen. To stand behind him and/or like his mod will only help with the destruction of /gsg/.

Brought to you by Perseguidos por Alex Grandi

t. Steamcordplaza divide and conquer shill

Grandi Youth meet-up. Me on the right.

m&T22222222

So /gsg/ i got a question. I've been playing Victoria 2, trying to learn it and figure out how it works. Something i notice is that, bizarrely enough, the Balkans rarely actually Balkanize (might be my personal experience after 6 games IDK). Pic related is my attempt at forcing said empire breakups. It cost me practically everything i had and i hit BB twice and had to give up on all of my colonies to reduce infamy down low enough to keep going. I've read that this a base game problem so im looking into mods. What mod is better for a more dynamic world? HPM or PDM?

HPM

Are you some kind of ultra dumbfuck

Play based HPM.

yeequor

liqhaw

Give me a TL;DR of CK2+
And which is a better expansion CK2+ or mayo and taxes

Pirate them all

CK2 is fun and keeps drawing me back, I'm not sure on the specific reason but the idea of creating a dynasty and eventually controlling the world is fun, but you've gotta pace yourself, if things get too easy you wont have fun.

No I have CK2 with all dlc apart from satanists and assassins, whilst I have eu4 with all dlc
I'm just thinking of what to do once I finish my Wessex game
Also does CK2+ have the torture mod implemented or nay

I'm not sure about the torture mod.

When in doubt, create prussia.

I did do exactly that only in January though.

I see that in the wiki it says
>is not a colonial nation.
though
Checking view history it's said that since before I tried it.

What about HIP, apart from Charlemagne start date what else does it fuck up

Dunno about hip, I only run ck2+

K ill give it a shot. Also, to prevent retardation in advance just drag from 7zip into the steam mods folder right?

Croatia stronk.

>force switzerland to convert back to catholic
>5 years later they reconvert to reformed
???

La Plata

>Austria explodes in a matter of months

it's literally not strong at all though

this game can get really retarded

>1/0
>1st in military score

Hmmm....

So the Hapsburg rule of Hungary comes to an end.

Prestige spam can only get so far when you have filthy peasants and no soldiers.

Prestige spam. That is all, he is 154th in MIL power.

REEE fuck off disgusting nazis!!11

Thats 1 score in military you uncultured swine, he is rank 154 in military

>not even the historical games
well no shit

Games like eu4 is like the wet dream of nationalists from every country in the world.

hey

>Eastern Europe getting more and more fragmented

>tfw no longer a backwards hellhole
if not for the fact that im not spending a single broken shekel on naval it probably would be greenish by now
also im on western level when it comes to land tech and thats what matters the most when conquering kafirs and taxing them with jizya

Does anybody know what the Claim Leadership of Islam CB in MEIOU does? It should be self-explanatory, but it just says to win a war while capturing the enemy capital with 80% warscore and wait. I waited for five fucking years after I whipped the Mamluks' boypucci and nothing happened.

It's supposed to make me the Caliph, right?

really gets the nogging joggin

it doesn't, ACTUALLY>

k lads

coil whR game

>can't play CK2 coz they haven't patched M&M to be balanced yet
>can't play EU4 coz the new expac hasn't been released yet
>can't play HOI4 coz it's shit
>can't play Stellaris coz it's shit
>everything else is old or I've played it to death

life is suffering

ck2 has never been balanced what the fuck are you talking about.

The point is that there's imminent new content that I'm better off just waiting for.

you know you can just roll back patches in properties and play all your mods, right?

only reason you're not enjoying games is you

Which EU4 Let's Plays would y'all recommend?

Nothing to do with mods, I just don't want to play games that are going to be obsolete in a matter of days or weeks.

lol alright senpai, just post about it instead then I guess

Well if they could release content without it needing a patch to fix it then there wouldn't be a problem. Also there hasn't been a sale in ages, I don't like buying the DLC full price.

OMG hahaHAHAhahaHAhaHa

Can Dark Healing cure someone of Lunacy?
My incapable stressed depressed rulers keep getting Lunacy which ruin my leader.

Just disable monks and mystics
Pre conclave was fun as no longer was the bishop of your poorest province a 'powerful vassal'

Just booted up EU4 and tried to play a couple of games.

My god, it's horrible. Half of the time it feels like I'm playing cookie clicker.

Can someone post their game?
Byzanon where are you in our hour of need

tliquor

fuck you all

>>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
>pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

Remove this dead mod from the OP and put it in the archive.

no u

>Can someone post their game?

So ive been playing EU 4 for the first time. Ive played EU3 and pretty much every other paracocks title of the past few years.

I have a few questions though and im a useless lazy fuck so im gonna ask rather than google.

Theres not way to get other people to join the HRE if youre emporer, right? I mean other than taking their shit, coring it and manually adding them to the empire.

How does trade even work? Merchants seem to do fucking nothing if i put them somewhere

Why the fuck did they rework overexpansion? fucking kikes